Collecting mail for unknown users ??

What is the best/easiest way to have all mail that doesnt go to specific
users / alias's re directed to a single mailbox, so that one person is
responsible for all unknown emails ?? We dont want any mail rejected, but to
all be sorted out onsite...

We run SBS Exchange 2003.

Regards

Paul

0
Letimi (2)

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 06:18:27 -0800, Letimi
<Letimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>What is the best/easiest way to have all mail that doesnt go to specific
>users / alias's re directed to a single mailbox, so that one person is
>responsible for all unknown emails ?? We dont want any mail rejected, but to
>all be sorted out onsite...
>
>We run SBS Exchange 2003.
>
>Regards
>
>Paul

Catch-all mailbox links:

http://www.aloaha.com/software-development/catch-all-mailbox.php
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324021
http://turbogeeks.com/products/mailbasket.asp

BTW, I think receiving mail for invalid addresses is a waste of time
and resources, but that's just me.
0
adavid (8731)
1/29/2006 3:29:59 PM
Thanks Andy, I will try this out , first link looks the one i want, the
second will re direct all mail , not just that to unknown sddresses.

> BTW, I think receiving mail for invalid addresses is a waste of time
> and resources, but that's just me.

I do agree with you about this, but this is a new installation taking over
from a catchall type system, so there are a lot of odd email addresses still
in use, once we catch the main ones, it will go back to a specific address
system. and of course, I am just doing as I am told on this :))

regards

Paul

"Andy David - [MVP]" wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 06:18:27 -0800, Letimi
> <Letimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >What is the best/easiest way to have all mail that doesnt go to specific
> >users / alias's re directed to a single mailbox, so that one person is
> >responsible for all unknown emails ?? We dont want any mail rejected, but to
> >all be sorted out onsite...
> >
> >We run SBS Exchange 2003.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Paul
> >

> Catch-all mailbox links:
>
> http://www.aloaha.com/software-development/catch-all-mailbox.php
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324021
> http://turbogeeks.com/products/mailbasket.asp
>

> BTW, I think receiving mail for invalid addresses is a waste of time
> and resources, but that's just me.

0
Letimi (2)

Excel Background collection (GIF and JPEG)
I use the Sheet<Background option in excel a lot. Anybody know of a place on microsoft.com or other websites where I can find a useful collection of GIFs and JPGs suitable for Excel Background? Thanks for help Madan I don't. But I do know that google has an image search. http://www.google.com/imghp Mohan wrote: > > I use the Sheet<Background option in excel a lot. Anybody know of a place > on microsoft.com or other websites where I can find a useful collection of > GIFs and JPGs suitable for Excel Background? > > Thanks for help > Madan -- Dave Pete...

Licensing
I just bought a copy of Office Special Media Edition and installed it on my desktop. I only use my laptop when I'm not at my desk, so I can't use both machines at once. My question is whether I am allowed to install this license on the laptop too if it's not being used concurrently on the desktop? Or, do I need to buy a license for the laptop even though they won't be used at the same time? I did a search, but wasn't successful in finding my answer. Thanks! As far as I know, yes, you are allowed to use the same license on the laptop, for your use when you are not using th...

Unable to go offline with a user with non admin rights
Hello, I have currently installed Outlook client offline for MS Dynamics CRM 3.0 on a laptop but I am unable to go offline with a user that has no admin rights. The CRM can't connect to the MSDE. I know that we are not able to see on the taskbar the name of the service in the sql server manager icon (it is empty) for security rights but some threads said that it should work anyway, transaprent to the user. Well, not for what I am experiencing... The services are started with the default local account that the installation cd did. I tried: - Setting permissions on the Microsft SQL ...

how to add smiley face in script of e-mail
Like this :-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "freemarket" <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21921811-FB9E-4494-A4D1-13BD668B10F5@microsoft.com... > On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:37:02 -0700, freemarket <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Nothing at all. -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com...

Attaching items to e mails
I have a user trying to attach items from SharePoint libraries to e mails in Outlook (2007). When she selects an item and tries to attach it she gets this message "The operation is not supported until the entire message is downloaded. Download the message and try again" which makes no sense in the context. She is using an XP machine but I cannot duplicate this error on either XP or Vista machines on the same network. No one else is having the same problem. Anybody know a possible cause (and a solution)? ...

Sharing a 2007 calendar with a 2003 user?
Some in my office use Office 2007 and some use 2003. I want to share a new 2007 calendar with a 2003 user. I set up the new calendar with permissions for the other users, but they cannot open the calendar. What can fix this? What happens when they try? Did you set proper permissions on the mailbox? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sharesubfolder.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

New User has admin rights

Viewing Excel Reports as local user
Hi, I am trying to open up a Excel report that was generated from Dynamics GP10. It gives me the following error: Cannot generate SSPI contect' when trying to refresh. Please advise all steps I need to take to enable me to run this. When I say OK I keep getting a error message when exporting the report from GP 10 to Excel. A window opens prompting for a user name and password. sa works fine. When trying to use a normal user id getting this message Connection Failed SQLState 42000 SQL Server Error 18456 I have been using KB 949524 to troubleshoot other issues. This KB doesn'...

Spam sent to one user goes to other users ?
Users in general complain that all of sudden junk e-mail appears in their Inboxes, but I see that "to" line is to=myUserA@mycompany.com. That means that the spam that targeted myuserA appears in the inboxes of myUserB and everybody else. Although users that receive such e-mail are various so far, the "to" line is consistent 'to=myUserA'. This is very interesting because I do have MailEssentials running and blocking mail based on DNSBL. Have you ever seen such thing ? -----Original Message----- From: Beau Morton [mailto:whitener@doneasy.com] Sent: Friday, Marc...

How to make a 'automatic mail rule installer'
Hi, I wrote a mail rule and want to distribute it to my friends. but I think it will be nicer if the mail rule can be installed with just one click. How can I make it? If 'visual script' is an answer, which object shoud I create? Or Where can I find the reference or sample? I'll be very appreciate if you give me just a hint. More explanation on my question. Maybe the expression 'wrote' in "I wrote a mail rule" is distracting. 'mail rule' means the rule which can be made through the menu 'tools' , which is usually used for filtering, forwar...

outlook reqeusting user name and password
with in the pass few weeks some of the client machines running Outlook 2002 have started asking for the users name, password and domain. even though the client is logged onto the network already, the client cannot log onto Outlook. repeated attemps with the correct user name and password always fail. the problem started with one machine, then another, then another. Now only two of our 6 client machines can log into Outlook. Any idea? uhm, have their passwords expired? Have you verified the clients are configured to using the appropriate security? "Bob" <bob@data-r...

Windows Mail
I am getting the error messages for the POP3 and SMTP server names can someone tell me the name for these servers in order to get this service up and running elvin Your email account provider(s) has that information. They should have a help page on their website. If you tell us who provides your email account, perhaps someone can assist you. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail http://download.live.com/wlmail "Elvin Diaz" wrote in message news:#IkoKqFSLHA.4996@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... I am getting the er...

How does on stop countless repetitions of e-mails please?
Over the past two days I have received several repetitions of e-mails. Some are repeated three or four times and there are about 300 messages at a time. I have, however, not received e-mails for today, 28th Septembere. Type of server used is? If POP3 do you leave messages on the server? Version of Outlook is? Do you have any email antivirus integration enabled? -- Bill R "Nick." <Nick.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45385CE5-38DD-4024-B9FE-C96E1BC8D30D@microsoft.com... > Over the past two days I have received several repetitions of e-mails. > Some...

cannot see user in GAL with 5.5 server
We recreated a user's mailbox due to mailbox corruption and her mailbox resides on an exchange 2003 server. I still have the AD Connector in place as well to talk with the exchange 5.5 server. I can view the user in system manager but not in the receipient list in Exchange 5.5 Admin tool. I already forced the RUS to replicate. I also replicated the AD connector config and all the domain controllers. Is there any other way to get my user to show in the GAL? Any help would be appreciated! -- leachkm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http:...

Help. Wrong home mta for all users
Gang, using adsiedit I have found that all of my users have the incorrect home mta: It looks like this: CN=Microsoft MTA\ DEL:fa6b4c63-7cdb-43c0-aa14-fb19c4e855b5,CN=Deleted Objects,CN=Configuration,DC=Health,DC=org Is there a way that I can change this for all users at once? Script/csv/ldf/admodify.net -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <troute_kilgore@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1169148159.997905.48020@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Gang, using adsiedit I have...

how do I turn off the e-mail popup notification?
I don't want the huge box popping up every time I get an e-mail. The little envelope is sufficient notification. You can change the notification options here: Tools menu > Options > Email Options > Advanced "Damian" <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DE35B56-73F3-4CDC-B5EE-6AB731AC936F@microsoft.com... >I don't want the huge box popping up every time I get an e-mail. The >little > envelope is sufficient notification. ...

Sent mail is not in sent folder
I send a message with attachments, it sends fine. When I go into the Sent folder to view and print a copy of my sent message there is nothing in it. I checked the tools and made sure the box was checked for saving a copy of sent mail. I checked every folder and they are nowhere to be found. While in Sent Items: View | Current View. Is: Show All Messages checked and nothing else? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "GatewayPA" <GatewayPA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35274335-45C7-4A15-9B1B-B453AD23A...

receive e-mail Microsoft Exchange 2003
Dear Reader, I have for my own use an Microsoft Exchange Server installed! I'm an newbie in the use of Exchange! I have configure Exchange so that I can send e-mail with my own registered domainname! Now I can't receive e-mail and i don't now where I can configure it! Where I have registered my e-mail address i have made an MX record so that the mail will be send to my own IP-address. My ISP said that they don't block e-mail trafic and i have configure my router so that it send trafic on port 25 and 110 to my server! Can someone help me! how I must configure it and how I can...

Text From User Forms
Hi I am creating a user form where data is entered into text boxes. Once the operator has input data into a text box I want to use a command button on the user form to save the file. One text box will have a request date entered as the value and another will have the name of the requestor as the value. I want the command button to create the filename as these two values. Could someone offer some advice please. Thanks. Matt Matt, Activeworkbook.SaveAs filename: ="C:\your path\" & Textbox1.Text & " " & Textbox2.Text HTH Henry "Matt G" &l...

User Defined fields should be accessible from shipping address
The current relationship does not allow for the customer to use the user defined fields from the ship to address. The reason for GP not pulling the information for the shipping address in the Customer Address Master File (RM00102) is because it is already pulling the information in the Sales Transaction Work tables (SOP10100). Unlike the billing information, the shipping address can already be seen in the SOP10100 table and this is why the table relationship between the RM00102 and SOP10100 tables is based on the Bill to Address. There should be an additional relationship so you can p...

Change Office Language by User
I think I've read enough in these pages to know that it's not possible to get Office to work in more than one language for a single User (I mean menu commands, dialogs, etc. -- not talking about dictionaries, puntuation, etc.). But does anyone know whether or not Office can be configured in two different languages on the same Mac (Mac mini, 10.4, pre-Intel), one different language for each of two different Users? When my Mac starts up, I have two Users set up, one for me in English, one for my mother-in-law in French. The OS is perfectly comfortable switching back and forth between la...

Outbound mail #3
Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 ENTERPRISE Patched uptodate With SP1. Once a week we are having to restart the exhcnage server because the exchange server is unable to send email to external domains (any). All incoming emails are coming thru. As soon as we reboot the exchange server the outbound email will start flowing fine. Could some body please help me resolve this issue any KB article or any kind of info will be much appreciated. Ihulk On Fri, 6 May 2005 17:12:01 -0700, "Ihulk" <Ihulk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 ENTERPRISE Patched ...

cannot Delete message in Junk mail folder
We are using Exchange 2003 and Veritas backup exec to back up exchange. I had an email in my Junk email folder that were corrupt files and as a result there was on error message on the backup log. So I set my Junk folder to delete automatically and not save any message in junk folder. My folder is empy when viewed through outlook. The next day my backup showed the same message rederencing the same email message that I thought was deleted. So, using Veritas backup exec I thought I could correct this problem by not including my junk folder in the daily backup. Still get the error message ...

user Unavailable when creating an activitiy
I am using CRM 3.0. I was wondering why I keep getting an error message of My name not being available when creating a scheduled assignment and then assigning the assignment to a fellow co-worker. If someone can help it would be appreciated. thanks ...

viewing a users mailbox
When I attempt to open another user's mailbox in outlook 2003 it says "unable to expand folder". I have already added myself as a delegate in both the exchange organization and in the enterprise. I have also added myself as a local administrator on the exchange server. How can I view the person's mailbox without adding myself specifically every time? Or is there no way to do that in Exchange 2003? On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:00:28 -0700, Jason Gallas <nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote: >When I attempt to open another user's mailbox in outlook 2003 it says >&quo...