Choose location of mail enabled distribution group

I have two servers running Server 2003 installed and configured as Server01
and Server02 in the 'mydomain.com' domain, with Server01 as the DC. Exchange
Server 2003 is installed on both servers.

Using Active Directory Users and Computers I want to create a mail-enabled
distribution group, and place it in the mailbox store of Server02.

How do I do this?

There does not seem to be an option I can see when I create the distribution
group.

(When I create a new user I can choose Server: mydomain/First Administrative
Group/SERVER02 and Mailbox Store: First Storage Group/Mailbox Store
(SERVER02), how do I achieve this for a distribution group?

Regards, Anastas

0
Mikoyan

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:16:58 -0000, "Mikoyan" <Mikoyan@someisp.com>
wrote:

>I have two servers running Server 2003 installed and configured as Server01
>and Server02 in the 'mydomain.com' domain, with Server01 as the DC. Exchange
>Server 2003 is installed on both servers.
>
>Using Active Directory Users and Computers I want to create a mail-enabled
>distribution group, and place it in the mailbox store of Server02.
>
>How do I do this?
>
>There does not seem to be an option I can see when I create the distribution
>group.
>
>(When I create a new user I can choose Server: mydomain/First Administrative
>Group/SERVER02 and Mailbox Store: First Storage Group/Mailbox Store
>(SERVER02), how do I achieve this for a distribution group?
>
>Regards, Anastas

Distribution groups don't "go" into any mail store at all. They are
"in" Active Directory.
0
Mark
11/16/2009 6:21:03 PM
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

So is it not possible to place the distribution group in the mailbox store
on Server02?

Regards, Anastas
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:16:58 -0000, "Mikoyan" <Mikoyan@someisp.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I have two servers running Server 2003 installed and configured as
>>Server01
>>and Server02 in the 'mydomain.com' domain, with Server01 as the DC.
>>Exchange
>>Server 2003 is installed on both servers.
>>
>>Using Active Directory Users and Computers I want to create a mail-enabled
>>distribution group, and place it in the mailbox store of Server02.
>>
>>How do I do this?
>>
>>There does not seem to be an option I can see when I create the
>>distribution
>>group.
>>
>>(When I create a new user I can choose Server: mydomain/First
>>Administrative
>>Group/SERVER02 and Mailbox Store: First Storage Group/Mailbox Store
>>(SERVER02), how do I achieve this for a distribution group?
>>
>>Regards, Anastas
>
> Distribution groups don't "go" into any mail store at all. They are
> "in" Active Directory.

0
Mikoyan
11/16/2009 6:45:48 PM
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:45:48 -0000, "Mikoyan" <Mikoyan@someisp.com>
wrote:

>Hi Mark,
>
>Thank you for your prompt reply.
>
>So is it not possible to place the distribution group in the mailbox store
>on Server02?

No. All directory information is in the directory which, for 2007, is
Active Directory.
What is it you're trying to solve here? Why has someone got you hung
up on wanting to "store" the membership of a DG within a store? I've
never heard anyone ask this kind of question before so I'm a bit
interested as to where you are going with it.

0
Mark
11/16/2009 7:52:41 PM
A colleague is trying to get all mail boxes etc off the DC. She left the
task of moving the distribution groups to Server02 to me. It sounds like I
have very little to do ;-)

Thanks again for your help,

Regards, Anastas
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:45:48 -0000, "Mikoyan" <Mikoyan@someisp.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi Mark,
>>
>>Thank you for your prompt reply.
>>
>>So is it not possible to place the distribution group in the mailbox store
>>on Server02?
>
> No. All directory information is in the directory which, for 2007, is
> Active Directory.
> What is it you're trying to solve here? Why has someone got you hung
> up on wanting to "store" the membership of a DG within a store? I've
> never heard anyone ask this kind of question before so I'm a bit
> interested as to where you are going with it.

0
Mikoyan

Outbound Mail HELP!!!!!!!
I need to how to send mail out. My problem is we use to use a mail firewall that handled all of the inbound/outbound mail. I would point exchange 2003 to that as a smart host and it would handle the rest. My question is where do I point the smtp connector to? if I let dns do it there is some delay/lag. do you point it to the default gateway, pix firewall etc. Thanks If your firewall is responsible for DNS resolution and mail delivery, than forward the mail to it. On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:53:05 -0800, "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to how to sen...

Mail sent from empty Outbox !
OL2000: Very often I see message "sending from outbox" and something goes out even when outbox was empty. No trace of sent mail in Sent box. I use OL to read/send mail from my 3 different POP accounts, but this happens only with Compuserve acct. Use Norton Antivirus, Pest Patrol and Zone Alarm and none indicate any suspect activity. Any clue? On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 00:26:20 -0800, "Radi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >OL2000: Very often I see message "sending from outbox" and >something goes out even when outbox was empty. No trace o...

Mail merge recipient dialog box
Why are the "edit" and "refresh" buttons at the bottom of the mail merge recipient dialog box grayed out? They were available in the last Word version but I cannot figure how to access them in 7 to add to or correct my mailing list. In Word 2007, the first thing you have to do is select the name of the data source in the box at the bottom left of the dialog box. Then, depending on the type of data source, the Edit and Refresh buttons may be ungreyed. [FWIW the same dialog is used by MS Publisher, where they allow multiple data sources, requiring you to ...

Exchange delegation using group doesn't work?
Hi, I am running Exch 2k3 SP1 in Windows SBS 2003. I tried to delegate Exch to user. What I did: I created a group called: Junior Admins I delegate at the Exchange top level the Junior Admins group to be Exch Full Admin. I assigned user: Sam to Junior Admins I use AdminPak.msi for Sam to control Exchange from her PC. Sam can get ESE on her PC (mmc), but can't open the server folder due the rights. I've also assigned Sam in the local administrator of that workstation. Things work if I assign Sam directly in the Delegation Control from ESE. How can I delegate control via group? ...

On outlook mail,What do you put in the incoming and the outgoing
How do you set up outlook mail on in comeing and outgoing mail Server check out this web site to get the correct information to enter: http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web-resources/pop3-smtp.html "Bruce Duncan" wrote: > How do you set up outlook mail on in > comeing and outgoing mail Server Dear, Add a new e-mail account On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts. Select View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next. Do one of the following: If your mail system provider is on the list in the E-mail Accounts dialog box, select the one you want to use and...

system tray new mail icon gone :(
Before i used to have an icon pop up in my system tray when i received a new mail. I accidently hid it one time and it no longer comes back. How can i get it back. I run Outlook Xp on a Win XP pro machine. Thanks in advance.. --minnoce944 Check Tools, Options, Email Options, Advanced Email Options. MAke sure the checkbox for "show an envelope in the notification area" is checked. If it is, right click on the Windows taskbar. Choose Properties, then customize. Your icon might have just been set to always hide. If so, you can change it to always show. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook...

Show All Groups in 2007
I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's not available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always "Show All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the navigation pane and activate all the time? I prefer to see all my objects at once. Thanks for any help. Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose: All Objects. To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav Pane, and choose: Category | Object Type -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, W...

ISP broken when E-Mail with attachments is sent
I am using Outlook 2002, I recently have had problems sending E-Mails with attachments. It began with attachments larger than 100K, a week later I can't sent one with a 5KB attachment. I have contacted Verizon(my DSL provider and they tell me it is my software. I have Juno and I can sent the same attachments tirectly thru Juno without going thru Outlook. Can anyone help me? Do you get any error messages when you try to send attachments? If so, what are they? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rig...

Templates in alternative startup location are not recognized
I've just moved up to Office 2003 from 2000. In Excel, all the templates that I have been using from our group templates location (set as the "At startup, open all the files in" location) are not recognized. Two or three (out of 14) are listed without icons, and when you click them, the pointer changes briefly and nothing happens. They are also shown when you click the "On my computer" link, but behave the same way (i.e. do nothing) when clicked. These are prper templates (Save as, *.xlt etc), and I've even recreated one using Excel 2003 with the same effec...

Re: How to get all mails, even those for unknown recipient
Yes, good idea :) It is all i need (for example http://www.christensen-software.com/cscatchall.htm) But i wish those NDR are generated. To inform user that used address might be misstyped Is it posible to combine catchall mailbox with a ability of standard NDR generating? TIA Martin Blackstone - MVP wrote / napisal(a): > I think you are talking a Catch All mailbox. > Check this out > http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2005/04/creating-catch-all-mailbox-in-exchange.html > > > "guzzi" <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote in message news:OoSFMGZhGHA.12...

Outlook Delevers Same Mail over and over
I had outlook 2000 and I could keep mail on the server and if I had the mail in my inbox it would not pull it from the server again now that I have installed 2003 I get the same mail every time I click the send or receive button. Any Ideas of what I need to do? Thank you Josh In news:OLblTqFdFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Josh <jsawyer@insightbb.com> typed: > I had outlook 2000 and I could keep mail on the server and if I had > the mail in my inbox it would not pull it from the server again now > that I have installed 2003 I get the same mail every time I click the >...

Category Group
How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined category groups? In microsoft.public.money, Mark wrote: >How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined >category groups? See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information. Plus it was not desirable to post twice. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74a201c3e76e$8c5a8ff0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined > category groups? I asked a question about Category Groups not too long ago. Here was Dick Watson...

Sending e-mail on behalf of like in Outlook
In Microsoft CRM it would be nice to have the possebility to send e-mail on behalf of (like in Outlook) In Microsoft CRM When sending emails, in the From field you can only select a user or a queue, so creating queues for each email address could be an option. But this is nothing more than a work around for something which could be much better ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow...

Exch 2000 freezes after recieving 8000 smtp mails
Hi, Environment Win2000 sp4 Xeon 1,8GHz, 2GB RAM Exchange 2000 Antigen 8.0 for Exchange Problem description. The server is very slow after receiving 8000 smtp mail in a short period of time. We use the exchange server to send bulk mail to our customers. About 25 % of the mail addresses are fake (nobody@hotmail.com). The bulk mails are generated from a unix-system. The exchange server receives the smtp-mails fast and with no errors. First the users complained about internal mail not working. Cpu about 0-5 % Disk activity not checked at this time The queues for Default smt...

Reports based on groups
I am using access 2007 and need to create individual reports for a number of different client records so I can export them to email to the clients. The number and names of clients vary each month so I want to write either a macro or module or something such that it will automatically generate the reports each month. Thoughts? ...

Internet Mail #3
Hey all, I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how to default to the ISP Internet Mail. Thanks in advance, Craig Craig <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use > Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail > out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want > it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how t...

Problem opening up current Excel wksht to mail merge in Word
Hi, I have Microsoft 2007. I created a list in Excel with clients' name, address, city, state, zip. Then, in Word I go to Select Recipients, locate the Excel file and click open. Here's the problem: a Select Table box appears with Sheet1$, Sheet2$, and Sheet3$ as options. clicking on any of the three results in NOTHING. Nothing at all appears! I'm not sure what the problem might be. Thank you for the help! Rachelle ...

Mailing List Duplicates
Is there a software program that works with excel to delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the thousands. Thanks for any and all help. Gordon habitated@gulftel.com one way? data>advanced filter, copy to another location and unique records only "Gordon" <habitated@gulftel.com> wrote in message news:032201c3796f$ab75f130$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a software program that works with excel to > delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the > thousands. Thanks for any and all help. > > Gordon > habitated@gulftel.com ...

Mail merge to email with an attachment
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C54401.F8168A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document = and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an = attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked = beautifully! After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just = hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - = yes - but not with my custom forms and f...

Automatic .Doc Mail merge
Hi All, is there any way or Method of the proxy dll, that allows to execute the mail merge of am Offer / Quote / Order template generating a .Doc document ? Thx Gianluca ...

Still recieving e-mail for deleted users
We are receiving e-mails for users that were been deleted from our server years ago. Does anyone know how to block these e-mails. We have a SPAM program that allows you to blacklist but it does not stop the messages from coming through. Create ea distribution list containing no members, but which has all the long-gone users' smtp addresses. This is called a blackhole DL. Exchange will accept the mail but silently drop it - no NDRs, no storage. -- hth, SusanV "RB" <pr@epley-pr.com> wrote in message news:574a01c40071$05a154a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We are receiving...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

why can't I receive photos by e-mail?
Someone is trying to send me photos from their Blackberry but their message is returned and I receive nothing. Can any one tell me what the problem might be? "manxie" <manxie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9585CC5-80CB-4AB1-A93B-79BC98B1884B@microsoft.com... > Someone is trying to send me photos from their Blackberry but their > message > is returned and I receive nothing. Can any one tell me what the problem > might be? You need to get them to tell you what the error message is and post that here... Their message is returned with a n...

Sending mail in outlook
How can I send hotmail messages in outlook 2000? So, is there any to compose a message in outlook and send it from my hotmail account or my hotmail address linked as the sender? Outlook 2002 was the first version that allowed for Hotmail, check here though for kludgy workaround http://www.slipstick.com/config/ol2000hotmail.htm "Colman" <colmanchamberlain@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:09bd01c35aad$65306ba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I send hotmail messages in outlook 2000? So, is > there any to compose a message in outlook and send it > from my hotmail acc...

mail delivery #2
an email is shown as delivered to local store (per tracking tool). But user claims that he never received it. Not in deleted items, not in recovery deleted items folder. Not in junk folder. No rules. Is there any tool out there, to check the logs on the mailbox? thnx Have you tried Journaling to tracj your messages? "Henry" <Henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96A87D1B-C870-401E-83D9-E60326181098@microsoft.com... > an email is shown as delivered to local store (per tracking tool). But > user > claims that he never received it. Not in delet...