Choose location of mail enabled distribution group

I have two servers running Server 2003 installed and configured as Server01
and Server02 in the 'mydomain.com' domain, with Server01 as the DC. Exchange
Server 2003 is installed on both servers.

Using Active Directory Users and Computers I want to create a mail-enabled
distribution group, and place it in the mailbox store of Server02.

How do I do this?

There does not seem to be an option I can see when I create the distribution
group.

(When I create a new user I can choose Server: mydomain/First Administrative
Group/SERVER02 and Mailbox Store: First Storage Group/Mailbox Store
(SERVER02), how do I achieve this for a distribution group?

Regards, Anastas

0
Mikoyan

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:16:58 -0000, "Mikoyan" <Mikoyan@someisp.com>
wrote:

>I have two servers running Server 2003 installed and configured as Server01
>and Server02 in the 'mydomain.com' domain, with Server01 as the DC. Exchange
>Server 2003 is installed on both servers.
>
>Using Active Directory Users and Computers I want to create a mail-enabled
>distribution group, and place it in the mailbox store of Server02.
>
>How do I do this?
>
>There does not seem to be an option I can see when I create the distribution
>group.
>
>(When I create a new user I can choose Server: mydomain/First Administrative
>Group/SERVER02 and Mailbox Store: First Storage Group/Mailbox Store
>(SERVER02), how do I achieve this for a distribution group?
>
>Regards, Anastas

Distribution groups don't "go" into any mail store at all. They are
"in" Active Directory.
0
Mark
11/16/2009 6:21:03 PM
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

So is it not possible to place the distribution group in the mailbox store
on Server02?

Regards, Anastas
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:16:58 -0000, "Mikoyan" <Mikoyan@someisp.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I have two servers running Server 2003 installed and configured as
>>Server01
>>and Server02 in the 'mydomain.com' domain, with Server01 as the DC.
>>Exchange
>>Server 2003 is installed on both servers.
>>
>>Using Active Directory Users and Computers I want to create a mail-enabled
>>distribution group, and place it in the mailbox store of Server02.
>>
>>How do I do this?
>>
>>There does not seem to be an option I can see when I create the
>>distribution
>>group.
>>
>>(When I create a new user I can choose Server: mydomain/First
>>Administrative
>>Group/SERVER02 and Mailbox Store: First Storage Group/Mailbox Store
>>(SERVER02), how do I achieve this for a distribution group?
>>
>>Regards, Anastas
>
> Distribution groups don't "go" into any mail store at all. They are
> "in" Active Directory.

0
Mikoyan
11/16/2009 6:45:48 PM
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:45:48 -0000, "Mikoyan" <Mikoyan@someisp.com>
wrote:

>Hi Mark,
>
>Thank you for your prompt reply.
>
>So is it not possible to place the distribution group in the mailbox store
>on Server02?

No. All directory information is in the directory which, for 2007, is
Active Directory.
What is it you're trying to solve here? Why has someone got you hung
up on wanting to "store" the membership of a DG within a store? I've
never heard anyone ask this kind of question before so I'm a bit
interested as to where you are going with it.

0
Mark
11/16/2009 7:52:41 PM
A colleague is trying to get all mail boxes etc off the DC. She left the
task of moving the distribution groups to Server02 to me. It sounds like I
have very little to do ;-)

Thanks again for your help,

Regards, Anastas
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:45:48 -0000, "Mikoyan" <Mikoyan@someisp.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi Mark,
>>
>>Thank you for your prompt reply.
>>
>>So is it not possible to place the distribution group in the mailbox store
>>on Server02?
>
> No. All directory information is in the directory which, for 2007, is
> Active Directory.
> What is it you're trying to solve here? Why has someone got you hung
> up on wanting to "store" the membership of a DG within a store? I've
> never heard anyone ask this kind of question before so I'm a bit
> interested as to where you are going with it.

0
Mikoyan

"Send To Mail Recipient as attachment" fails
Here's the scenario: I'm in IE I click on a link to an .xls file (internal website) The spreadsheet launches in Excel (so far so good) It comes up Read-Only. (good) I modify the document, i.e. fill out the form a little I choose File, Send To, Mail Recipient as Attachment A blank mail message comes up with the file attached (good) I address it, maybe put a message in the body When I click the Send button, nothing happens. Oddly enough, double-clicking the send button seems to work, but I can hardly ask people to double-click a button in Outlook, eh? I appreciate any insights anyon...

Exchange 2003 stoped adding smtp mail address
When I create a new user I tell it to setup the mailbox, it does but if I look at the Email Addresses tab it doesn't create the default smtp or x400 accounts. It used to. Anyone have any ideas. I check the Default Recipient Policy and it has both the smtp and x400 listed and set as primary. Thanks Troy It sounds like your Recipient Update service is no longer stamping the users. If you bring up the properties of the RUS for your domain (in ESM under Recipients) what servers is it pointed to for DC and Exchange? Are they valid servers? If you right click on the domain RUS and...

mail not leaving
Internet connection down for 2 hours and now it is up. Sicne then mails are sitting in the Que and not going out ... 300 messages are there. Can receive but cannot send them. I can send mail via Telnet successfully. On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:33:45 -0700, WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Internet connection down for 2 hours and now it is up. Sicne then mails are >sitting in the Que and not going out ... 300 messages are there. Can receive >but cannot send them. > >I can send mail via Telnet successfully. Does it kick-start if you right clic...

outlook 2000 + new mail envelope in system tray
Using Outlook 2000 in corporate/workgroup mode on my network. Recently one of my users new mail envelope that pops up in the system tray when new messages are sent has stopped appearing. I know that this can now be controlled in the Tools - Options section for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but not with 2000. Has anyone run into this before? How do I get it back? Thanks, Scott never mind. found the solution. "Scot" <blank@blank.blank.com> wrote in message news:br4ouh$rsb@library2.airnews.net... > Using Outlook 2000 in corporate/workgroup mode on my network. Recently one...

Distribution List members gets a message more then once
Hi, I created a Distribution List group that contains some members with an external EMail Address(regular smtp address) and some with an Exchange Mail box. It Appears that the users with the Exchange EMail Address gets each message more then once.They get once in an hour the same message again. Where did I go wrong? Please help. Thanks, Shif Arad HI I am also getting this problem We have just changed our Internet Connection, and therefore created a new Routing Connection. Does anyone know if this is related Thank Mat ----- Shif Arad wrote: ---- Hi I created a...

Mail enabled folder not auto-replying
I have created a mail enabled folder. I am able to send mail to the folder address both internally and externally. The problem is I have a folder assistant rule that specifies a reply be sent to all incoming emails. The reply is sent perfectly if the email is an internal address (in active directory) but no reply is sent at all when a message is received from an external source. I've tried everything I can think of, so if you have any comments/ideas - please let me know. Thanks, James Are auto-replies to the Internet disabled? They should be, but.... in 5.5, on the IMS. 200x: G...

Outgoing Mail Delivery Failed!
Newbie Exchange Server 5.5 on NT4 Server. Incoming mail delivery OK. Outgoing mail is bouncing back (appears to be all mail - not specific adresses). ISP (Demon) not reporting any issues to affect this. Any suggestions gratefully received. TIA Phil ...

Copy a mail from the supportque to an existing case
I wonder if anyone have a good idea how you can copy a mail from the supportbox to an existing case. I am sitting in the webinterface in 4.0 and I can´t find a simple way to do this... /Martin ...

CRM E-Mail Router fails to start
Hello, I've got quite a strange problem with the E-Mail Router at my testing machine. I installed the service (strictly following the implementation guide), but when I try to start the Router service, it fails with the following error message: > Could not start the Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router service on Local computer. > > Error 1058: The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or > because it has no enabled devices associated with it." The event log is not helpful at all, it simply shows nothing. The installation itself run through quite smooth...

i m using one Pst One Email-id but 2 system mail are coming 2 copy
i m using Microsoft Outlook 2003 . using one E-mail ID and one PST file but I m using in 2 different Systems . mail are coming 2 copy what is solution. i want one copy only Saravanakumar, you wrote on Mon, 19 Mar 2007 02:05:15 -0700: > i m using Microsoft Outlook 2003 . using one E-mail ID and one PST > file but I m using in 2 different Systems . mail are coming 2 copy > what is solution. i want one copy only Uncheck the option "Leave a copy on server" (or similiar): Tools | E-Mail-Accounts | Existing E-Mail-Accounts There select the email account, click on "...

Cannot add groups to Mailbox Rights.
Environment: Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003. Forest and Domain are at Windows 2003 level. We have many group mailboxes that have a security group with Full Mailbox access granted to it. Yesterday when I went to Exchange Advanced >>> Mailbox Rights >>> Add I was able to add groups (or any security principal). Today the only object types I am able to add are "Users and Other objects". Evidently this does not include Groups, as they do not resolve. I am not aware of any changes that have been made to my account. I have checked with one other domain admin...

Mail merge from Outlook 2002
I have set up a signature in Outlook 2002 which I use whenever I send an email. What I now want to do is a "mass email" to attendees on a course using this standard email. However, the list that I'm using is held in Excel, not the contacts list within Outlook. Is there an easy way to do this email merge? I've tried from within word, but it never seems to work quite right. Thanks Colin Foster Hi, An easy method would be to import the contacts from Excel into Outlook and then proceed further. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Colin Foster" <col...

publisher Mail Merge--Importing Excel File
When using Publisher 2002 and Excel 2002, and Publisher Mail Merge feature, whenever I choose the desired Excel Data :Base file, I am led to a screen headed SELECT TABLE. There I have to select from two separate tables. One is listed as Database Table The other is listed as NYLIST05$ Table What is the difference between the two tables? best, Aaron ...

location of product key after instullation?
for office 2007 - trying to locate 25 - character product key whihc wasn't located / recdorded after original down loading? If you purchased it from Digital River (Microsoft's supplier), it's in the email they sent you when you purchased it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Sheets" <Sheets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E21E43D2-989C-4895-8491-5536CBF7FB66@microsoft.com... > for office 2007 - trying to locate 25 - character product key whihc wasn&#...

Checkbox enable question
I have a subform with freight components on it. I have it were if I click a checkbox it'll run the following code where it'll disenable the textbox selections until the checkbox is clicked "active" (enabled or checked again). This works fine, but when I go to a new record, if clicked "not active", the new record textbox remains disenabled. Is there away for that to effect the direct record and not all records? Thanks in advance. Ryan Private Sub FreightDivisionActive_Click() If FreightDivisionActive = False Then FreightAmount.Enabled = False ElseIf ...

true location of NormalEmail.dotm???
hi, i have 2 computers- one has the NormalEmail.dotm in the template folder, the other one has two NormalEmails.dotm: one in the template folder and anotherone in the programm\office12 folder. The NormalEmail.dotm in the program folder save designs, buildingBlocks etc. The NormalEmail.dotm in the templates folder only save BuilindingBlocks. My question: which ist the "real" NormalEmail.dotm ?? thanks for help Susan The one in the Templates folder. The one in the Program Files folder might have been used by your IT-department when deploying Office. -- R...

Corrupt mail message
All, Has anyone heard of receiving a message that looks like this: "A corrupt mail message, ID 1184275272518 from <my.name@*********> has been detected." THis message is received seconds after sending messages and sometimes after replying to emails. It doesnt happen all the time, and when it does the message is still delivered with no problems. ANy ideas would be great thanks all. "Soldier" wrote in message news:1184353421.284270.42960@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Has anyone heard of receiving a message that looks like this: "A > corrupt mail m...

Problems with Opening Mail Merge from Word
I'm trying to open a mail merge document I saved and when I try it freezes up. It begins to open and then opens a blank Excel spreadsheet and lists the following message along the status bar: "Waiting for Microsoft Excel to accept DDE Commands" Not sure what is going on and what I can do to fix this. The information in the following threads may help: http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=1f2c01c2ef17%246f4d2c10%24a301280a%40phx.gbl http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=OP%24GmbnDDHA.392%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl Mario wrote: > I'm trying to open a m...

How to set Outlook to always spellcheck before sending mails?
How to set Outlook to always spellcheck before sending mails? Is it possible? Tools->Options->Spelling. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, bruno asked: | How to set Outlook to always spellcheck before sending | mails? Is it possible? "bruno" wrote: > How to set Outlook to always spellcheck before sending > mails? Is it possible? > > Sure, go...

Show file location in title bar?
Is there a way to make Excel or Word show the location of a file in the title bar. Right now, it just shows the name of the file. I was thinking in 2003, it showed the file location, or perhaps there was an option to show it? I can't find the same thing in 2007 and it would be extremely helpfull to have it! I use template files with the same name (for easy searching) but save in different client folders, which is why I want it to display the full path. Otherwise, I wouldn't care. Thanks!! I hope I am wrong but I don't think there is a setting for that. Yo...

How do I make an image signature for my e-mails I send out?
I want to make a image signature for my e-mails. Of course I can do a text one but what if I have an image I want to be displayed in the message box when composeing and when someone recieves the mail hey can see it as well. I tryied usein the stationary but it just doesn't seem to work all that well. Can someone help me? When you edit your signature in Outlook make sure you click "Advanced Edit" this will open Word where you can insert an image. "cody" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ddfc01c43bc7$bb5643a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

Routing mail to a SMTP server
Our emails are getting blocked as our IP address of 81.X.X.X is being seing as potential spam. I have set up with BT (UK ISP) to send all our email to them so they can send it, they have it up to recognise our domain and to route our mail. Unfortunetly they cant give us configuration details on how to configure exchange to send it too mail.btconnect.com which it needs to be sent too. I went into system manager and changed the properties of the Virtual SMTP server and the SMTP connector to send mail to a smart host (mail.btconnect.com) and not via DNS. I was also told I would require a...

How do I resize the text area not window in composing a new mail?
While composing a new mail message, the size of the entire text area is looking very small... How can I resize the textarea??? I am using Word as an editor... Thangaraj M <Thangaraj M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While composing a new mail message, the size of the entire text area > is looking very small... How can I resize the textarea??? I am using > Word as an editor... Choose a new font. -- Brian Tillman ...

red circle on my junk mail folder
I just installed Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2002 and my junk mail folder has a red circle with a line through it. What does that mean, over the weekend the junk mail alert system did not put one piece of junk spam in my junk mail folder. ...

how can I setup a mail-enabled group?
I found instructions at http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.htm to restrict internal email users from sending and or receiving mail via the internet. But I don't know how to do step #1. Create a Mail-Enabled Group. We are using sbs2003. Please advise. Thanks http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/advanced/help/dsm02_34.htm?id=5184 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "john doe" <john@doe.com> wrote in message news:u6zGu66OGHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I found instructions at ht...