Choose Exchange Mailbox Store

Hello,

Just to check to be sure. When I create a new user in ADUC and I get the
Exchange mailbox Wizard, I can choose on which Exchange server and Mailbox
Store I want to create the mailbox. But, in the list of servers, I also see
two connector servers where no mailboxes should be created on. I know that
when I enable the checkbox 'This is a front-end server', no mailboxes can be
created anymore on these servers. Is this the correct way to exclude these
servers from mailbox creation or is there another way?

Regards,

--
Menko den Ouden
MCSE+I Netherlands

0
menko1 (53)

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:53:46 +0100, "M. den Ouden"
<menko@exor-it_NOSPAM.nl> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Just to check to be sure. When I create a new user in ADUC and I get the
>Exchange mailbox Wizard, I can choose on which Exchange server and Mailbox
>Store I want to create the mailbox. But, in the list of servers, I also see
>two connector servers where no mailboxes should be created on. I know that
>when I enable the checkbox 'This is a front-end server', no mailboxes can be
>created anymore on these servers. Is this the correct way to exclude these
>servers from mailbox creation or is there another way?
>
>Regards,

Unless you are running SMTP on the FE, you could just simply dismount
the stores.
0
adavid (8731)
11/30/2005 2:38:23 PM
Exactly what I would have reccomended.

"M. den Ouden" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just to check to be sure. When I create a new user in ADUC and I get the
> Exchange mailbox Wizard, I can choose on which Exchange server and Mailbox
> Store I want to create the mailbox. But, in the list of servers, I also see
> two connector servers where no mailboxes should be created on. I know that
> when I enable the checkbox 'This is a front-end server', no mailboxes can be
> created anymore on these servers. Is this the correct way to exclude these
> servers from mailbox creation or is there another way?
>
> Regards,
>

> --
> Menko den Ouden
> MCSE+I Netherlands

0
Vicnice (145)
11/30/2005 7:56:07 PM
And SMTP is running on the Connector servers.

I already heard from insiders that this 'issue' will be fixed in Exchange
12....

Regards,

--

Regards,

Menko den Ouden
MCSE+I Netherlands

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:53:46 +0100, "M. den Ouden"
> <menko@exor-it_NOSPAM.nl> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>Just to check to be sure. When I create a new user in ADUC and I get the
>>Exchange mailbox Wizard, I can choose on which Exchange server and Mailbox
>>Store I want to create the mailbox. But, in the list of servers, I also
>>see
>>two connector servers where no mailboxes should be created on. I know that
>>when I enable the checkbox 'This is a front-end server', no mailboxes can
>>be
>>created anymore on these servers. Is this the correct way to exclude these
>>servers from mailbox creation or is there another way?
>>
>>Regards,
>

> Unless you are running SMTP on the FE, you could just simply dismount
> the stores.

0
menko1 (53)

Exchange rich-text format
What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual user settings"? On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:31:01 -0700, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server >to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual >user settings"? Depends on what your users are sending messages as. Most will be using HTML or RTF anyway unless you have some policy in p...

Moving Mailboxes.
When moving mailboxes between 2 servers using the "move mailbox" command, is there a way to compress or zip up a large mailbox so that it does not take so long to move? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Roger Settle RSettle@klfinancialgroup.com "Roger Settle" <rsettle@klfinancialgroupREMOVETHIS.com> wrote: >When moving mailboxes between 2 servers using the "move >mailbox" command, is there a way to compress or zip up a >large mailbox so that it does not take so long to move? >Any help would be greatly appreciated. > >Roger S...

Opening additional mailbox
I have an Exchange 2003 server, and my clients are all running Outlook 2003. A supervisor has requested access to a suboordinates e-mail box, so I added her (supervisor) with rights to that mailbox, and now inside of Outlook I can specify it to open the additional mailbox. The thing is, it is diplayed as so "Mailbox - User Name", and because these people work in an open workgroup type environment this box may be visible to people that look at her desktop. Can that be renamed? Named to display something else, or am I going about this all wrong. You cannot do that through Outlook...

Damaged Info Store
A potential customer has a problem that I have not come across before. His Symantec AV software "apparently" went wild and had a bite at the priv.edb. I don't know and probably never will know, exactly what happened but he has ended up with a ton of missing emails. I say missing, but what he's ended up with is all the email header information (sender,date,time,subject,size etc) but no message body or attachments. I have a copy of his priv.edb and if I open it in Ontrack Power Controls, it shows all messages from year dot, but they are all empty. There is NO backup. I ...

Exchange Reporting #2
Hello there. We are using Exchange Server 2003 in our company. My management would like me to pull a report stating how many inbound messages are received each day by each recipient in exchange. Is this possible? I have not seen any reporting functions in the Exchange Manager which would allow me to do this. Sean MIS Systems Manager It is not possible natively. You would need to look into a 3rd party monitoring/reporting solution in order to achieve this. Something like Promodag Reports, or Quest MessageStats ought to be able to provide this information. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange M...

Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5 problem
Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5, i get the following message box: "The name could not be resolved. The connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. All other clients are able to connect and resolve the mailbox name. I can't ping and resolve the exchange server from the problems outlook client. The problems occur after i run repair the w2k pro. can anyone help? EL can not ping... well start with basic IP testing. use ipconfig /all from a command prompt on the misconfigured client. Check for DHCP default Gateway - make sure it looks like a client t...

Exchange 2007 public folders....
I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during installation. I think by doing this, the default public folder store is not created. I manually created a new pf store via the gui, then used powershell to create a new public folder. however outlook (2007 beta2) does not see the public folder hierarchy. is there something im missing? On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:17:26 -0400, "Jimmy" <j@j.j> wrote: >I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during >installation. I think by doing this, the default public fold...

Exchange OMA error message. Please read...
When our i-700's with Pocket PC 2003 attempts to access our mail exchange server, all we receive is the following error message: " A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Home" mail.domain.com/exchange works fine though. We've installed the service pack 1 for exchange 2003 to attempt to fix this issue and are having the same results. Does anyone care to share how they may have overcome this exchange problem with their compatible PDAs and Exchange's OMA (Outlook Mobile Access...

Choose stationery
Is it possible to choose other stationeries than the default, when you're writing a special mail? Like the way you choose a template in Word. I am using Outlook 2002. regards / Bengt Actions | New HTML Mail Message Using | More Stationery. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Bengt Carlsson" <bengtc@algonet.se> wrote in message news:kDBEd.13882$d5.116765@newsb.telia.net... > Is it possible to choose other stationerie...

SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5?
Does anyone know how to setup an SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5? Something that is equivalent to Exchange 2000 SMTP connector? Thank you, Jack Black IMS. On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:02:38 -0500, "Jack Black" <JackBlack@hat.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to setup an SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5? Something >that is equivalent to Exchange 2000 SMTP connector? > >Thank you, Jack Black > ...

Exchange 2003 Envelope Journaling not working
Hi, I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I'm trying to get envelope journaling to work. I have enabled message journaling and then used "exejcfg.exe -e" to enable envelope journaling. The journal mailbox is receiving the standard message journal messages, but not the envelope journal formatted messages. I have verified with LDP to confirm the heuristic value is 512 for the Exchange Org object. Anyone else seen this before or have any advice? Thanks --- Greg Reboot maybe? greg@intellireach.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I...

Cannot view itme in Public Folder between 2 different exchange 2003
I have 2 Exchange 2003 on WIN2k server. Exchange 2003 (A) has 300 mailboxes and store the public folder. Exchange 2003 (B) has 100 mailboxes. User at Exchange 2003 (B) found that they can view the public folder but no items in it. User at Exchange 2003 (A) do not have this problem. Is the public folder must replicate to other server? Is any suggestion to view the item if no replication on public folder ?? Thanks Dennis JoJo These 2 servers in the same routing group. Exchange 2003 (A) is the Master Exchange 2003 (B) is the Member "omer maydan" <omermaydan@yahoo.com> wr...

Minimum Exchange 2003 for CRM 1.2?
Hello We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, smtp) in place. I wish to learn what is the minimum Exchange setup that I need to do to deploy the test environment Is there a way to to configure the Exchange server such that it still uses the parent email system and still be used with the CRM thank you very much for your help vikrantca Hello, vikrantca wrote: > We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users. > We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, > smt...

Exchange fails to send CRM emails
When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem. Exchange 2003 will send me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been causing it to be blocked. What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact same email to work with Outlook...

2003 SP1 ADC running with Exchange 2000
Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are still 2000? This means that you have already ran domain/forest prep right? If so you can only run the 2003 version of the ADC. This is not recommended and could cause replication errors with Exchange/AD. Mark "BrianG" wrote: > Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are > still 2000? Correct, domain and forest prep has already been ran. Why can I run 2003 but not 2003 with SP1? We want to use the cross adminstrative group mailbox move function that came with...

How to export exchange global address book to WAB file?
I would like to export exchange address book to outlook express address book. How to export exchange global address book to WAB file? Mesak wrote: > I would like to export exchange address book to outlook express > address book. How to export exchange global address book to WAB file? I don't know about wab files, but see if http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm helps at all. ...

Choose Profile Message When Sending Report to Mail
We are having a problem with Mail Configuration. We are using GP published through Citrix. We log into the desktop as a particular user, and configure the default Mail Profile using Mail in the Control Panel, which is Outlook. The problem is that whenever we Print a report to Screen, then go Send Mail as text, it pops up with the Choose Mail dialog. After clicking on Options (on the Dialog) you can check "Default Profile" and it sends the email. Yet when we close GP and re-open it, the Choose Profile dialog appears again. Any ideas why this is happening? Regards Konrad Konr...

Exchange 5.5 Reinstall & isinteg -patch
Let me give you the situation: I'm a brand new administrator just joining a medium sized (bout 2000 users all together) company. Specifically, I'm going to be handleing their move to Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. One thing that I'm really distrubed by though is that their existing infrastructure is downright scary (their PDC died last week...so get this, they slapped the hard drives in another machine and prayed they could get it to come up...they did, but how crazy is that that that (like that? ;) ) happened at all.) Anyways, backk to their exchange org...they have three dom...

exchange 5.5
I have a user who is getting emails addressed to another person in their mailbox. I checked the headers and the email was only addressed to person A (no cc's or bcc's), yet person B got it in their mailbox. What could be causing this? I have exchange 5.5 with SP 4 installed on a Windows 2000 Server. Jason: UserA most likely has some type of rule set up on his/her mailbox. Log on to UserA's mailbox with Outlook and check the rules. Also, there might be a setting on the mailbox itself that forwards message to UserB, so check the Delivery Options tab of UserA's mailbox prop...

Exchange 2000 NDR
Hi, I'm trying to send an email to this recipient: a.b.c.@mydomain.com Exchange sends back a 5.1.3 NDR -I think it's due to the dot before @ in the address-. How can I tell exchange to acept this kind of address? Thanks. ...

Exchange 2003 Question??
Dear all, I would like to know if there is an upgrade path from Exchange 2003 Standard Edition with SA to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition with SA? Thank you. Regards, Kueh. This might help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170280 -- Santhosh Sivarajan MCSE(W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+ "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote in message news:exVKwgOKEHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > I would like to know if there is an upgrade path from Exchange 2003 Standard > Edition with SA to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition wit...

Exchange 2003
Send As permission didnt set but all users are able to send as another user. Anyone encountered this before? Any solution? On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:42:01 -0700, Fui Fan <FuiFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Send As permission didnt set but all users are able to send as another user. >Anyone encountered this before? Any solution? If everyone can do this you may have the all users (if there is one) security group inside an Exchange group you shouldn't. Look on the properties of a user account (yours perhaps) and see what groups have "Mull Mailbox Access". Nobody...

upgrading exchange 5 to 5.5
I have a single exchange 5.x organization with 5 sites, one server in each site. One server is running exchange 5, the rest are on 5.5 SP4. I want to prepare the organization for a 5.5/2003 mixed mode situation. Can I in place upgrade the 5 to 5.5? Has anyone had any problems or advice with regards to doing this? If it can't be in place upgraded, what are the alternatives for 2003 preparation? Thanks, James ...

Changes Since Moving to Exchange
Hi there; I have subfolders within the inbox, and then subfolders within the subfolders. I also have rules so that when a message comes in from a certain person the message goes into their folder. Before we moved to our new exchange server if someone sent a message and the message went to their folder, the number of unread emails in the folder changes (ie, if Joe Bloggs sends an email to me his message goes to the Joe Bloggs folder, and it looks like Joe Bloggs (1)). And the folder that the 'Joe Bloggs' is in (for this example it could be 'staff') would also...

Exchange error
Hello, for one week now, my exchange 2000 server crashes nearly every night at random time, the only solution to have it all restart is to restart the entire server. In the application log, multiple error events are reported like these : Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 26/07/2005 Time: 01:27:39 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: BELLINI Description: Windows cannot establish a connection to *domain name* with (1364). Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 26/07/2005 Time: 01:37:41 User: ...