Child domain users and Parent domain Exchange

I am feeling pretty lame right about now....    Can Child Domain users use
Exchange in the Parent domain?  IF so, how?   If not, do I need to install
exchange in the child domains too?   What would be the best way to do it?

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:29:51 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
<Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote:

>I should add that there's a VPN connecting the two domains.    domain.com
>and child.domain.com

Run domainprep in the child domain.
Set up Domain RUS pointing at a local DC in that domain.

>"Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote in message
>> I am feeling pretty lame right about now....    Can Child Domain users use
>> Exchange in the Parent domain?  IF so, how?   If not, do I need to install
>> exchange in the child domains too?   What would be the best way to do it?

0
adavid (8731)
2/10/2006 8:29:02 PM
I should add that there's a VPN connecting the two domains.    domain.com
and child.domain.com

"Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote in message
> I am feeling pretty lame right about now....    Can Child Domain users use
> Exchange in the Parent domain?  IF so, how?   If not, do I need to install
> exchange in the child domains too?   What would be the best way to do it?

I've already run Domain prep..  and I've setup a Domain RUS pointing at the
local DC in the Child.   When I add the Exchange server and then open
Outlook I am asked for credentials and they don't work.  Am I missing
something?

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:29:51 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
> <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote:
>
> >I should add that there's a VPN connecting the two domains.    domain.com
> >and child.domain.com
>
> Run domainprep in the child domain.
> Set up Domain RUS pointing at a local DC in that domain.
>

> >"Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote in message
> >> I am feeling pretty lame right about now....    Can Child Domain users
use
> >> Exchange in the Parent domain?  IF so, how?   If not, do I need to
install
> >> exchange in the child domains too?   What would be the best way to do
it?

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:44:04 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
<Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote:

>I've already run Domain prep..  and I've setup a Domain RUS pointing at the
>local DC in the Child.   When I add the Exchange server and then open
>Outlook I am asked for credentials and they don't work.  Am I missing
>something?

Domainprep successful?
RUS has stamped the accounts?

>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:29:51 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
>> <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I should add that there's a VPN connecting the two domains.    domain.com
>> >and child.domain.com
>>
>> Run domainprep in the child domain.
>> Set up Domain RUS pointing at a local DC in that domain.
>>

>> >"Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote in message
>use
>install
>it?

0
adavid (8731)
2/10/2006 8:46:55 PM
hehe, I believe it was successful.  It was a while ago... I will run it
again.   Ok, I just ran it in both domains and it seemed successful.   How
do I see if they are being stamped?

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:44:04 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
> <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote:
>
> >I've already run Domain prep..  and I've setup a Domain RUS pointing at
the
> >local DC in the Child.   When I add the Exchange server and then open
> >Outlook I am asked for credentials and they don't work.  Am I missing
> >something?
> >

> Domainprep successful?
> RUS has stamped the accounts?
>

> >"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message

domain.com

> >> Run domainprep in the child domain.
> >> Set up Domain RUS pointing at a local DC in that domain.

> >use
> >install
> >it?

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:02:23 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
<Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote:

>hehe, I believe it was successful.  It was a while ago... I will run it
>again.   Ok, I just ran it in both domains and it seemed successful.   How
>do I see if they are being stamped?

Do the accounts have email addresses essentially.
You can turn up diags on the MSExchangeAL  and MSExchangeSA Proxy
Generator as well and check the event logs when RUS runs.

Dont forget to check the obvious: DNS/ Account isnt locked out. Does
this happen with all accounts? Can you logon to OWA? Different
workstations etc...

>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:44:04 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
>> <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I've already run Domain prep..  and I've setup a Domain RUS pointing at
>the
>> >local DC in the Child.   When I add the Exchange server and then open
>> >Outlook I am asked for credentials and they don't work.  Am I missing
>> >something?
>> >

>> Domainprep successful?
>> RUS has stamped the accounts?
>>

>> >"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>message

>domain.com

>users
>> >use
>> >install
>do
>> >it?

0
adavid (8731)
2/10/2006 9:08:37 PM
When I try to add the users to I get one of two errors.  They are as
follows:

"The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in
the address list."

id no: 80004005 microsoft exchange extension

Also, the accounts still aren't being stamped by the RUS...

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:02:23 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
> <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote:
>
>>hehe, I believe it was successful.  It was a while ago... I will run it
>>again.   Ok, I just ran it in both domains and it seemed successful.   How
>>do I see if they are being stamped?
>>

> Do the accounts have email addresses essentially.
> You can turn up diags on the MSExchangeAL  and MSExchangeSA Proxy
> Generator as well and check the event logs when RUS runs.
>
> Dont forget to check the obvious: DNS/ Account isnt locked out. Does
> this happen with all accounts? Can you logon to OWA? Different
> workstations etc...
>

>>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>message

>>the
>>> >

>>> Domainprep successful?
>>> RUS has stamped the accounts?

>>message

>>domain.com

>>users
>>do

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 06:41:32 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
<Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMYOUJERKS.ArborMed.com> wrote:

>When I try to add the users to I get one of two errors.  They are as
>follows:
>
>"The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in
>the address list."
>
>id no: 80004005 microsoft exchange extension
>
>Also, the accounts still aren't being stamped by the RUS...

I would Turn up diags. Makes me think RUS doesnt have the required
permissions.
How did you create the RUS in the child domain? Did you logon from the
Exchange Server as a user in the root domain and create the domain
RUS?

>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:02:23 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
>> <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote:
>>
>>>hehe, I believe it was successful.  It was a while ago... I will run it
>>>again.   Ok, I just ran it in both domains and it seemed successful.   How
>>>do I see if they are being stamped?
>>>

>> Do the accounts have email addresses essentially.
>> You can turn up diags on the MSExchangeAL  and MSExchangeSA Proxy
>> Generator as well and check the event logs when RUS runs.
>>
>> Dont forget to check the obvious: DNS/ Account isnt locked out. Does
>> this happen with all accounts? Can you logon to OWA? Different
>> workstations etc...
>>

>>>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>>message

>>>the

>>>message

>>>domain.com

>>>users
>>>do

0
adavid (8731)
2/11/2006 2:55:53 PM
Well, I'm not actually sure how I created the RUS....I did it a long time
ago but need it now.   Should I just re-add the RUS?  If so, log on locally
to the Exch. Server as admin or an admin?

"Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:dhuru1d8pu1991q62u0i0d1kqd46c3dlrf@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 06:41:32 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
> <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMYOUJERKS.ArborMed.com> wrote:
>
> >When I try to add the users to I get one of two errors.  They are as
> >follows:
> >
> >"The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name
in
> >the address list."
> >
> >id no: 80004005 microsoft exchange extension
> >
> >Also, the accounts still aren't being stamped by the RUS...
> >

> I would Turn up diags. Makes me think RUS doesnt have the required
> permissions.
> How did you create the RUS in the child domain? Did you logon from the
> Exchange Server as a user in the root domain and create the domain
> RUS?
>

> >"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message

How

> >> Do the accounts have email addresses essentially.
> >> You can turn up diags on the MSExchangeAL  and MSExchangeSA Proxy
> >> Generator as well and check the event logs when RUS runs.
> >>
> >> Dont forget to check the obvious: DNS/ Account isnt locked out. Does
> >> this happen with all accounts? Can you logon to OWA? Different
> >> workstations etc...

Domain

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:05:23 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
<Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote:

>Well, I'm not actually sure how I created the RUS....I did it a long time
>ago but need it now.   Should I just re-add the RUS?  If so, log on locally
>to the Exch. Server as admin or an admin?

Sure, you can re-do it. Logon as an account from the root domain that
has the required permissions.

>"Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>message news:dhuru1d8pu1991q62u0i0d1kqd46c3dlrf@4ax.com...
>> On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 06:41:32 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
>> <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMYOUJERKS.ArborMed.com> wrote:
>>
>> >When I try to add the users to I get one of two errors.  They are as
>> >follows:
>> >
>> >"The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name
>in
>> >the address list."
>> >
>> >id no: 80004005 microsoft exchange extension
>> >
>> >Also, the accounts still aren't being stamped by the RUS...
>> >

>> I would Turn up diags. Makes me think RUS doesnt have the required
>> permissions.
>> How did you create the RUS in the child domain? Did you logon from the
>> Exchange Server as a user in the root domain and create the domain
>> RUS?
>>

>> >"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>message

>How

>at
>open
>missing

>Domain

0
adavid (8731)
2/13/2006 2:12:16 PM
I think there're some permissions that aren't correct.  the RUS seems to be
setup properly.  When I try to open Child Domain users' accounts from the
Root domain in ADUC I get this:  "The operation failed. ID no: 80004005
Microsoft Active Directory  - Exchange Extension."  Once I click ok the
users' properties come up but without any Exchange tabs......But when I
remote to the Child Domain domain controller as the same user that just got
the error (so, Admin of root domain on child) I get all the properties
including the Exchange tabs....    OH boy...   I really appreciate your
help.....you're definitely MVP in my book.  ;)

> On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:05:23 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
> <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote:
>
> >Well, I'm not actually sure how I created the RUS....I did it a long time
> >ago but need it now.   Should I just re-add the RUS?  If so, log on
locally
> >to the Exch. Server as admin or an admin?
>
> Sure, you can re-do it. Logon as an account from the root domain that
> has the required permissions.
>

> >"Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
> >message news:dhuru1d8pu1991q62u0i0d1kqd46c3dlrf@4ax.com...

> >in

> >> I would Turn up diags. Makes me think RUS doesnt have the required
> >> permissions.
> >> How did you create the RUS in the child domain? Did you logon from the
> >> Exchange Server as a user in the root domain and create the domain
> >> RUS?

> >message

> >How

> >at
> >open
> >missing

> >Domain

Any Ideas?

> I think there're some permissions that aren't correct.  the RUS seems to
be
> setup properly.  When I try to open Child Domain users' accounts from the
> Root domain in ADUC I get this:  "The operation failed. ID no: 80004005
> Microsoft Active Directory  - Exchange Extension."  Once I click ok the
> users' properties come up but without any Exchange tabs......But when I
> remote to the Child Domain domain controller as the same user that just
got
> the error (so, Admin of root domain on child) I get all the properties
> including the Exchange tabs....    OH boy...   I really appreciate your
> help.....you're definitely MVP in my book.  ;)
>

> "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message
> > On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:05:23 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
> > <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Well, I'm not actually sure how I created the RUS....I did it a long
time
> > >ago but need it now.   Should I just re-add the RUS?  If so, log on
> locally
> > >to the Exch. Server as admin or an admin?
> >
> > Sure, you can re-do it. Logon as an account from the root domain that
> > has the required permissions.
> >

> > >"Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
> > >message news:dhuru1d8pu1991q62u0i0d1kqd46c3dlrf@4ax.com...

> name
> > >in

> > >message

> it
> > >How

Does

> pointing
> > >at
> > >open
> > >missing

> in

> > >Domain
> need
> way

wierd exchange problem
so all of the sudden i cant send or recieve email through my exchange server... Exchange 2003 with sp1 on a windows server 2003 sp1 box. all up to date. I changed the admin password and rebooted. Im not sure if it caused the problem but shortly afterwards i can not get any mail out or in. I can send mail and it gets into the queue but never leaves the queue and eventually sends a NDR. Incoming mail is seen waiting in the queue but never gets sent to the users mailbox. I have changed the admin pass back to what it was but to no avail. I have checked the IIS services, smtp service and all...

Connect to mailbox on an Exchange server
Hi All, I need to create a tool that will poll 1 to 5 exchange mailboxes and any save attachments of new messages to a folder. The tool will need to run on windows server 2003 and 2008, Outlook will not be installed on the server where this tool is going to run. It needs to be able to connect to exchange 2003 and 2007 - pop3 and imap will probably be unavailable. What's the best way to acheive this? Webdav looked good but not recommended for exchange 2007 Mapi looks good - but does it require outlook to be installed? are there any good mapi libraries? any other ...

disconnecting from exchange 2000
Hi, I administer sbs2000 and have a problem. I dont have enough licences to connect in one time all the employes, so when one want to use outlook, another person must free licence by exiting outlook ... . My question is: is there a possibility to remotly from server disconnect someon from exchange to connect someone else? I exists such possibility how to do it? THX Marcin Short of the obvious answer of buying a few more licences, if you run the licencing utility from within Admin Tools (not control panel) you can revoke the users in violation. It'll be a constant job and you'll ...

Migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 or 2003 ?
I am currently running Exchange 5.5 with 300 mailboxes. The size of the priv.edb is 25gb and pub.edb is 5gb. I am currently running a mixed mode environment (NT 4.0 and 2000). The remaining 4.0 servers consist of the the following servers e-mail, fax server, file server, blacberry server, ftp server. I have heard the migration to Exchange 2003 is easier than Exchange 2000. My only concern is how AD on Windows 2003 interacts with 2000 AD because our customer facing servers are running Windows 2000 mostly running IIS and applications. Thank-you Kevin Emore ...

Exchange SMTP TLS for client
Exchange 2003 + SP1. I have imported public cert X.509. HTTP and POP3 work fine. SMTP unfortunately does not work. During send Client's e-mail they get following error: '530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first' I read Microsoft documentation - earlier - without any positive result. SMTP sending (client -> server Ex.) still does not work. What I have to do? Regards TTYC Did you set up "require TLS" on the SMTP Virtual Server in Exchange? On the client machine, have you tried setting up the Outgoing server to use SSL? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP Messag...

conf room resource in mixed mode domain
I'm in the final stages of migrating from 15 exchange 5.5 servers to a 4 node 2003 cluster. I'm in a 2003 mixed mode domain. I still have 27 NT 4 BDCs, and it will be a while before I'm rid of them. My company uses conference rooms, meeting requests, and calendaring very heavily. All conference room mailboxes are still on the 5.5 servers. The permissions are very tightly controlled as to who can book, edit, delete, etc. These permissions are currently set with distribution lists. Now for the problem. I have read, and seem to be able to confirm, that I can't set permissi...

Creating Forms in Exchange
Ok. I have a new small office client that needs to have a system designed. He tells me, that they have about 5 new sales a week and for each sale they need to fill out 7 Excell Sheets. His files are becoming unmanagable and he needs help. Several people need to access the same files and the boss needs to access them for final approval. I was thinking if Exchange Forms can be used? Can these 7 Excell sheets be converted into Forms, where the salesman can fill them out in outlook and then send them to public folders or something like that for other people to access them and for archival pu...

Suggestions exchange server mailstore best practices needed
I am running out of back-up space for my exchange server. When users move mail from their inbox into another mail folder is the mail still on the server or the local drive? If I have users move mail out of their inbox into the folder tree am I saving any space on the server? Do anyone have an suggestions on how I might better get my users to manage their inboxes? thanks the only time data is being moved off the Exchange server is when it's deleted (and even then, if DIR is configured, it isn't removed right away) or if it's been moved to "personal folders"...mov...

'Unable to find a link between row format (XXX) and its parent format (YYY)
I keep getting this error message even though I don't have any of the row formats linked. No matter what changes I make, I still get the error. I'm using a very simple tree - 3 detail units rolling up to one summary unit. The report runs just fine when i only have one row format in the tree. As soon as I add another, I get this error. HELP! :) Frank Bump it up. ...

How can do I get Network User ID in the MSAccess?
Is there any function or command to get the network UserID (not the database user id) within a database form? I remember using it in earlier versions of Access but can not seems to find it in the 2003. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Private Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long Function UserNameWindows() As String Dim lngLen As Long Dim strBuffer As String Const dhcMaxUserName = 255 strBuffer = Space(dhcMaxUserName) lngLen = dhcMaxUserName If...

Deploying Exchange 2010 on 2000 AD
Hello: I currently have a 2000 AD network. I need to deploy Exchange 2010 as soon as I can. With my 2000 AD this is not possible. Due to my need to deploy quickly I was thinking I could do the following: 1. Deploy a 2008 AD 2. Create a trust relationshipe between the 2000 & 2008 domains 3. Deploy Exchange 2010 on the 2008 domain 4. Migrate mailboxes from the Exchange server on the 2000 domain to the new 2010 Exchange server. Is this possible? If so does anyone know of any TechNet docs on it? Thanks Harrison ...

IE Bombs when accessing sites as standard (non-admin) user on Win2
I have a situation where IE is quitting instantly when a user that isn't in Domain Admins tries accessing any website (internal or external). Server is 2003 Terminal Services with SP2 Client doesn't appear to matter Symptoms: Normal user double-clicks IE which opens, then immediately closes. This is occurring on 5 out of 8 servers in a TS farm! I've found that if I set the default home page to "about:blank" IE opens fine, but as soon as I try to access *any* page at all, it closes instantly. o No errors that I can see in any of the Event Logs. o I...

Uninstall Exchange 2007
I am having problems removing exchange 2007 due to the public folders database. It says I can not remove it until I either move or remove the folder replicas. How? There are no public folders. The database was created but no folder was created. I can't figure this out. Its the only server, where would it be replicating to anyway. This is crazy. On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:12:06 -0700, "Kevin" <kcarpenter@viewpointleather.comREMOVEME> wrote: >I am having problems removing exchange 2007 due to the public folders >database. It says I can not remove it until I either ...

can there not be mutiple users on outlook?
I am logged in on my name but when I try to send email from outlook (trying to figure out how to use it) it says its coming from my husbands email? Create separate "Identities" - check help. "AprilWhitney" <AprilWhitney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:277424BA-ED85-4350-A7DF-A34E1D8D9382@microsoft.com... >I am logged in on my name but when I try to send email from outlook (trying > to figure out how to use it) it says its coming from my husbands email? Outlook does not use Identities, it uses profiles, depending on the version and mode,...

This transaction is being edited by another user ?!
Hello, Everyone: My company is using Great Plains 7.5 for several months. Recently I just found out one invoice can not be edited. When I tried to open it, one message box just poped up; it said "This transaction is being edited by another user". But only myself logged in at that time. So, if anyone knows how to correct this error, please let me know. Thanks in advance. Zach If everyone is logged out, run the following in sql: USE DYNAMICS DELETE SY00800 GO USE tempdb DELETE DEX_LOCK GO DELETE DEX_SESSION GO "Zach" wrote: > Hello, Everyone: > M...

Exchange/SBS 2003
When I setup a new user in SBS 2003, no email account info is created, (SMTP, X400, etc), what am I doing wrong. jacques wrote: > When I setup a new user in SBS 2003, no email account info is created, > (SMTP, X400, etc), what am I doing wrong. How are you setting up the new user? Is your recipient policy set up properly, and is this mailbox set to automatically get settings from the recipient policies? How long are you waiting before determining that the mailbox isn't set up right? Have you installed SP1 for Exchange 2003? Do you see a lot of MSExchangeAL errors in your app log? ...

Exchange Outlook hanging
Hope someone has seen this before . . I am running Exchange 2000 server for 8 different location. About 100 clients. Four of the sites are connected to the main site (which houses the Exchange server) over a VPN. The other three remote sites were connected via fame relay. The Exchange server uses the VPN router as its default gateway and there are static routes assigned pointing to the other three remote sites out a different gateway. Everything was working about 75% under this configuration. Outlook would from time to time delay in sending email, hang on startup, prompt the user for login ...

Access exchange from different domain
Is there anyway I can configure Outlook to access mailboxes on a non-native domain without establishing a trust between domains? I need to keep both domains completely separate. Possible, assuming user account is in Forest with Exchange - you will get authentication prompts every time you start Outlook. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Jeff" <topnikko@hotmail.com.discuss> wrote in message news:%23$cgAQwIHHA.5104@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is there anyway I...

Exchange 2003 OMA Question
I have recently setup Exchange 2003 in my test environment to examine the improvements in bot OWA 2003 and the new OMA. The OWA is working perfectly but I have having trouble getting the OMA working on a port other than Port 80. Here is what I have done: 1. Setup Exchange 2003 with OWA and OMA 2. Internally can connect to both and they work fine. 3. Changed the port for the Default Site from 80 to an alternate port number and configured the appropriate firewall rules 4. OWA still works without any problem, OMA asks for credentials but then I get a message "Unable to connect to your mai...

Reconnect Exchange 2003 to a rebuild domain
Hi all, There is only 1 2003 DC on the network called Server1 and Exchange 2003 another server called Server2. Due to hardware problem, server1 die and unable to recover from backup. Therefore AD information is lost and a new domain (with the same domain name) need to be setup. Previous user accounts that was in the old box need to be recreated. How should I go about reconnecting Exchange 2003 mailboxes to these accounts and what about public folder?? Do I need to rebuild exchange?? Thanks your help in advance. Mei ...

ANN: Spam Xecutioner for Exchange #2
Stashsoft has released it's Spam Xecutioner for Exchange Server. Spam Xecutioner provides superior spam filtering and enterprise class features, without enterprise class pricing. There's even a FREE version for non-commercial use. Here are some of the product features: - Bayesian Analysis - Custom Rules (Wildcard, RegEx, Phonetic & Scripting) - Directory Harvesting Detection - Attachment Filtering - RBL (Weighted DNS and URI blocklists) - Whitelists and Blacklists - Automatic Whitelisting - Testing Tools - User Quarantine Visit the Spam Xecutioner page for more inf...

Access Denied error received when user tries to set alerts
Scenario: Site collection: NT Authenticated users have read permissions Site: NT Authenticated users have read permissions Document library: Employee has "limited Access" Folder: Employee has Add/Edit permissions (a custom permission level based on the default Contribute permission with delete removed) User trieds to set an alert on the document library FOLDER where they have permissions. They get through the entire configuration page and click ok to set the alerts, and they get an Access Denied error. Where have the permissions been broken to deny the user the ri...

Loggin inot Exchange Server
Hello, I have a couple of different platforms WinXP and WIN2000 Why is it that some users click on Outlook and BAM! they go right in...while others launch Outlook and they get a "login box" to authenticate them to the exchange server ?? Thanks beause, for the users they logon dierectly to the server the have the "windows authantication" options seletcted. and for the other ones, they have "none" selected, that is whay it asks for the username and password. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > > >I have a couple of different platforms ...

Exchange 5.5 server -- edb.log files are filling my hard drive!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 and my hard drive is filling up with all of the log files. The server is in the process of completing a full backup and hasn't finished yet but I have over 1GB of EDB.LOG files at this point in time and am running out of disk space. The weird thing is that about a month ago our backups weren't working properly and we enabled circular logging to prevent this from happening. When I check the server properties circular logging is still enabled on the Information Store but I have over 200 edb.log files!! I also noticed that the earliest log file is from 6:00 P...