Character Sets

We are also hearing people complaining that emails are getting rejected
because of invalid character sets.  Our character set is configured to
"Western European ISO-8859-1).  I have been reading up and a few places have
suggested changing it to (Unicode UTF-8), is this format more common?

Documents & Settings vs. Users folders
OS: Vista Business; upgraded from Win XP Pro SP3. Joined to a WinSer 2003 domain. I just noticed that I have (near) identical files and folders in my C:\Documents and Settings folder and the C:\Users folder. Is this because it was an upgrade? Is there a way to eliminate one of them to free up some HD space? -- Mike Webb Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc. a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization Wood River, NE In article <8B0B66B9-1E62-479D-BC74-BF79A50895E6@microsoft.com>, Mike_in_Nebraska@newsgroup.nospam says... > > OS: ...

non latin characters in nvarchar
Hi NG, is there a way to select nvarchar fields, that have non latin characters ? Do I have to use UNICODE() and search for high numbers ? Regards Volker Jordan Volker Jordan (v_jordan@web.de) writes: > is there a way to select nvarchar fields, that have non latin characters ? > > Do I have to use UNICODE() and search for high numbers ? That or an expression with patindex: SELECT ... FROM tbl WHERE patindex('%[' + nchar(nnn) + '-' + nchar(65535) + ']%', col COLLATE Latin1_General_BIN2) This assumes that there i...

Can I set up a calendar lookup for date selection
Is it possible to lookup a calendar for date selection on a cell. I cannot find any reference to it in the help. try this url http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm ================= "Tangoxray" <Tangoxray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72D4DB63-1D7F-477A-93C7-2F767A207B26@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to lookup a calendar for date selection on a cell. I cannot > find any reference to it in the help. ...

Outlook does not d/l entire imap message, though it is set to
I am using Outlook 2007 and am having trouble getting it to consistently download an entire message instead of just the headers. I went into Define Send/Receive Groups to specify the particular folder in question, and selected it as being one for which all items incl. attachments should be completely downloaded. However, many times it only grabs the header. Is this a bug? And how can I make it always download the complete item? Thanks, Garrett "Garrett" <Garrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:710C17CC-B12C-452F-BF95-DC2317E572A6@microso...

Extract account set info in FRx?
Does anyone know how to extract all the account set definitions in FRx to a file? I've set up so many of these it would be nice to be able to dump them off so I can keep better track of them. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 ...

How do I set a Word doc to always print manual feed?
In Word 2003, you'd go to page setup, paper source. I can't find anything comparable in 2007. I print a lot of labels & letterhead & need this. The dialog is the same - click the arrow bottom right of the Page Setup Group on the Page Layout tab. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>&...

How do I set up an out of office auto response?
Hi: I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of office response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues. Can you help me out? Thank you so much. JenniferC <JenniferC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi: > I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of > office response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues. Can you help > me out? Thank you so much. http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Brian Tillman Yet another stupid question what is the OOA & how do I enable it? "Brian Tillman&qu...

I need a rectangular label set for a DVD case.
not the square ones... but one that's rectangular, approx 7.25 x 5.25 inches. Thanks!! debbieT debbie@truesoaps.com ...

formatting selected characters or numbers in each cell within a range of cells
I am sending this to several Excel newsgroups, because I am not sure which one if the most appropriate. I apologize in advance for the multiple postings. I have MS Excel 2000 (version 9.0.3821 SR-1). How can I format only a selected character or number within each cell in a specific range of cells? For instance if I have a cell containing �1234234�, how can I format it so that only the 2�s are bold or are colored? Obviously, I have a range of cells, and I want to format all the 2�s occurring in any of the cells as either bold or colored. Conditional formatting does not seem to all...

Select Records that fall in an external set of ranges (subquery)
HiI have not done subqueries before so I am a bit confused. I have twotables1 - Phone Numbers - (converted to be numeric) (with other fields forlater) and2 - Exchange codes - multiple entries for code with 3 fields -Exchange name (duplication) - Start Range and End Range.I want to return a list of phone numbers that fall into the range fora certain exchange.For example - MRSPOO has 4 entries in the Exchange Table with 4distinct ranges. 200-299, 307-788, 997-1102 and 2036-6698. I would like to be able to return all the phone numbers for a singleexchange code that I would select (using a query...

security setting for PO comments
Using GP 9.0 i am trying to allow my purchasing people to add comments to the PO. Apparently they do not have security access to the comment area and I can not figure out specifically where in advanced security this clearance is granted. Typically, they should be able to select from pre-written comments on the PO form. To create new comments, they need access to the Create New Comment window. Sorry, I dont have a copy of 9 on my laptop to give you the exact window location in AS but this might get you headed in the right direction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 200...

How can I set the padding to zero if the document is pdf?

Setting up email to work
I created a webpage for my company and when I created the send button I went into Format Form Properties and selected Submit and then went to Form Properties. I then selected Send Data to me in Email and entered in a valid Email. However when I go to test the web page and I enter in the required information and I click Send I get a The Page Cannot Be Displayed error and HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed. What do I do? Reference: "Publisher web publication forms 101": http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx DavidF "Russ" <Russ@discussions.mic...

Relocate My Outlook Look / Excel Settings
I have changed my system because of some unavoidable reason. I was using Windows 2000. And still using win 2000 How can I transfer my outlook settings (look, style, groupings, contacts, calendar, OE settings with Newsgroups ...in short all settings related to outlook & outlook express). Also If possible kindly tell me how can i transfer MS Office settings in general to my new system. Please please any suggestions / advices regarding relocation from old-system to new-system will be highly appreciated. Regards, Murtaza Hi Murtaza, That's a pretty good situation, two systems that w...

Customization option disappears under settings
Sometimes when we are logged onto Web crm we can see the customizations button on the navigation pane under settings. Other times it has disappeared altogether and the only way to get it back is to delete the temporary internet files. Does anyone know of a permanent solution for this? I assume this is CRM4. Do you also have CRM Outlook client on this machine? I have found that the Customisations option is not always avaliable in the outlook client, and if you have opened outlook before opening the web, the option will not be in the web client. You can change this my editing the isv.c...

Setting x-axis crosses with VBA
I have a chart that at the moment has a vertical range from -70 to -92. I'm trying to set the horizontal axis to cross at the minimum value, in this case -92. Using With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue) .Crosses = xlMinimum It crosses at -70. If I use xlMaximum I get the same thing. Using .Crosses = xlCustom .CrossesAt = -92 it crosses at -92. however, I need it to be dynamic so the x-axis labels stay below the data field. Am I using xlMinimum in a place it cannot be used? Any help will be appreciated. In the format axis dialog, there is no way to specify tha...

How turn on Classic Pivot Table Settings
How does one turn on Classic Piviot Table Setting from Excel 2007. ...

set admin account like in Exch 5.5
Hi, In Exchange 5.5 I can set an admin account where all ND mail (where no receip are made for) is delivered to.But where do i find/set that adres in Exchange 2000? Grtz If you go to the Messages tab on your SMTP Virtual Server you can specify the address in the "Send copy of Non-Delivery Reports to" field. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "E_nono" <e_nono-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bqg9nf$okp$1@news1.tilbu1.nb.home.nl... > Hi, > > In Exchange 5.5 I can set an admin account where all ND ma...

how to detect 5th character?
Is there a way to tell if there is a 5th characater in a cell, instead of 4? Thanks - Nastech Use the LEN() function. -- Gary''s Student "nastech" wrote: > Is there a way to tell if there is a 5th characater in a cell, instead of 4? > Thanks - Nastech Hi Try =IF(LEN(A1)>=5,"5th character","No 5th character") Regards Roger Govier nastech wrote: > Is there a way to tell if there is a 5th characater in a cell, instead of 4? > Thanks - Nastech thankyou very much.. -nastech "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Use ...

Set the color of grid depend on variable
I'd like to set the color of cells (sheet1) [A1...A8] -> Red [A9...A28] -> Green [A29...A44] -> Blue [A45...A54] -> Red .... based on data from sheet2 Start Stop Color 1 8 Red 9 28 Green 29 44 Blue 45 54 Red ..... How to do it ? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Radoslaw Krzyzan , pl.communicator@radek http://www.communicator.pl , ICQ 4336523 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi for only three colors have a look at 'format - conditional Format'. For more than 3 conditions you need VBA -- ...

Asian Characters in Anniversary Date??
I am trying to synch my T-Mobile MDA w/Outlook via Active Synch. I have Outlook 2003 SP2 For some reason or another, when you look at the Details of some of my contacts, the Anniversary date is prefilled with Asian Characters. This prevents any further synching with the PocketPC. I can change the Anniversary date to "none" manually but eventually it reverts back to the Asian Characters. Does not happen to every contact. Just some. Any ideas? TIA Lemonchicken ...

Unable to set incoming and outgoing email server addees
The pop3 and smtp server addees specified by my ISP do not work in Outlook; tell me they can't be found. They work in Outlook Express! -- Outlook begins searching for incoming and outgoing, then come the error messages: can't be found. (Have no problems with email with Eudora6 or even the very occasional use of Netscape.) Is there a workaround? Thanks. George Walker You must have a slight typo in the server settings. Try Importing the settings from OE and see if they work. You can also open OE and copy and paste the settings to OL. "George Walker" wrote: > The p...

How do I set up an e mail account with 2 different providers
I have 2 internet providers, sbcglobal.net and myvine.com. I want to be able to send and receive e mail messages from both on my Outlook Express how can i set that up. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie...

How do I set up a correlation table?
I am working with survey results. I need a correlation table that represents the data taken. excel has the CORREL function rh555 - > I am working with survey results. I need a correlation table that > represents the data taken. < A) CORREL worksheet function B) Correlation tool of the Analysis ToolPak add-in - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Setting up separate network on same wire with RRAS
I want to set up a phantom network, that is, a copy of our existing network computers, eg print server, file server, exchange. I want to put them all on a couple computers as Virtual machines. This is for testing purposes. I will create the machines and then backup the original servers and restore them to the Virutal Machines. The key issue for me is how can I keep them separate. Eg that the one network does not see the other network. So far I have restored a print server to the phantom network. The host is on our 10.1.0.x network. The VM is has two Virtual nics. One is the outsit...