Changing web hosting company. Any change to Exchange needed?

Sorry for the newbie post.  Our IT person left to buy a fast food
franchise & we're a bit short on knowledge here for the time being.

We are looking to change the company we host our website with.

We also run Exchange off our own in-house server (here in the office).

Will redirecting our Nameservers to the new hosting company have any
effect on our e-mail processing?

I guess I'm asking if our website hosting account is in any way linked
to our Exchange processing or if there are any setting in Exchange
that we need to update.  I'm guessing not.

This is probably super dumb & basic but I really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Chris
0
ccl1111 (2)

Why not host the site yourself?  IIS is part of Exchange 2000 and 2003 and
very easy to add with Exchange 5.5 and already there if you use OWA.  This
will allow you to host your page.  I guess it really depends on the
connection you have / need for the amount of people hitting the site.

To answer your question though:

DNS for your domain will have an A record for www and then an A record for
"mail" and the MX (mail exchanger) will point to "mail".  So as long as www
points to the website host IP and "mail" points to your mail server IP then
you will be ok.  You will just need to check this with whoever hosts the
DNS.  Just make sure the new / old nameservers both have proper IPs during
the switch and you should be fine.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"Chris" <ccl1111@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry for the newbie post.  Our IT person left to buy a fast food
> franchise & we're a bit short on knowledge here for the time being.
>
> We are looking to change the company we host our website with.
>
> We also run Exchange off our own in-house server (here in the office).
>
> Will redirecting our Nameservers to the new hosting company have any
> effect on our e-mail processing?
>
> I guess I'm asking if our website hosting account is in any way linked
> to our Exchange processing or if there are any setting in Exchange
> that we need to update.  I'm guessing not.
>
> This is probably super dumb & basic but I really appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris

0
dtown (976)
6/29/2004 10:04:41 PM
No settings in Exchange.  You'll need your new ISP to point an MX (mail
exchanger) record to your Exchange server, though.

--
Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"Chris" <ccl1111@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry for the newbie post.  Our IT person left to buy a fast food
> franchise & we're a bit short on knowledge here for the time being.
>
> We are looking to change the company we host our website with.
>
> We also run Exchange off our own in-house server (here in the office).
>
> Will redirecting our Nameservers to the new hosting company have any
> effect on our e-mail processing?
>
> I guess I'm asking if our website hosting account is in any way linked
> to our Exchange processing or if there are any setting in Exchange
> that we need to update.  I'm guessing not.
>
> This is probably super dumb & basic but I really appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris

0
colbyh (100)

change a money 2006 file name
Hi all. How do I change a money 2006 file name? Do I have to change it in Windows Explorer, and what about my backup files on my flash drive? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, PeterInMN wrote: >Hi all. >How do I change a money 2006 file name? Do I have to change it in Windows >Explorer, Yes. > and what about my backup files on my flash drive? You could rename them. When you restore, you can select the file name to restore to. Do not take the default unless you want the same name and location that was used at the time of backup. Cal, Thanks for info, muchas gracias. Yo...

easily changing a linked reference
Hi I am building a report spreadsheet that links into and pulls information from another spreadsheet i.e LabourWk49.xls. I have quite a lot of links into LabourWk49.xls and wondered if there was an easy way of wholesale updating the weeks so the links can be changed to LabourWk50.xls. Is there a macro or something that could do this easily. I want people to be able to change the links easily. Much Appreciated Brian You could use: Edit|Links|Change source or if you're very careful, you could use: edit|replace Make sure you give it enough information so that just the file name will be ...

Change Outlook today...
One day I started Outlook and the button for changing the outlook today page was gone. When I open in the menu - view the maplist option or something else, the button will sometimes appear, but I'm not able to click on it. Who knows the sollution to enable this button again? "Ronald" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:066e01c39e2e$d5267f20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > One day I started Outlook and the button for changing the > outlook today page was gone. When I open in the menu - > view the maplist option or something else, the button will &...

change date format
I copy some data from an HTML page and save it on an Excel worksheet. I need to change the date format from dd/mm/yy to mm/dd/yy but it doesn't effect the format change . Any idea why is this happening ? It's probably text and it might have a trailing html character as well. One way to go, use data>text to columns, click next twice, select date and DMY and click finish If that doesn't work you probably have a trailing html character, try to delete it by selecting the range, do edit>replace and in the replace what box hold down alt and type 0160 on the numpad, leave the re...

Exchange 2003 with /3GB and /PAE boot.ini switches
I have a question on the /3GB and /PAE boot.ini configuration options. I have a Dell PE2850 cluster installed for a client with 4GB memory in each node, but Windows 2003 SP1 only reports 3.25GB memory. Additionally, I have a pair of load-balanced OWA servers (also dell PE2850s) with 4GB of RAM, no mailboxes, and they can only see the 3.25GB as well. However, if I use the /PAE switch on all servers, all 4GB are visible. According to Microsoft, Exchange 2003 can only "efficiently use" 4GB of memory, and theoretically, you're not supposed to use /PAE on Exchange Systems. ...

Change Date size in OneNote
Does anyone know how to increase the size of the default 'date and time' that is displayed directly below the 'Page Title'. I've searched and searched, and browsed all the 'Microsoft Help' files that relate to dates and OneNote, but I can't find anything anywhere that says how to increase the font size or even if it's possible. Any help will sure be Great News because I can't read it even with my glasses on! Thanks! Doug frizzell9 wrote: > Does anyone know how to increase the size of the default 'date and > time' that is...

How to protect form design from user changes
I have a form on a remote computer that students use to scan in their ID numbers to reserve study spots in our library. The little dears keep changing the font color to white so that scans don't show upon scanning. How do I protect the form from design/property changes and still allow data to be entered? Ideally, I would like to set the protections on the server so that students are blocked on the remote from making changes. Thanks very much! -- Andrea "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7904A468-D5DC-4EDB-B8D6-EDC5E7FAA5F1@microsoft...

Anti-Spam for Exchange 2003
We are looking for a solution for our Exchange 2003 Anti-spam, anyone have any thoughts to a particular product that is fair price (50 users) WITH Web Based release option (web site where we can release the spam)? We looked and liked the GFI Mail Essentials product very much, but our mangement HAS to HAVE web release feature. Thank you. In news:%23MpZRFYfFHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, KP <kp@msn.com> typed: > We are looking for a solution for our Exchange 2003 Anti-spam, anyone > have any thoughts to a particular product that is fair price (50 > users) WITH Web Based ...

change a function key
Is it possible to change, or disable, a function key? I would like to disable the F1 (Help) key, as I often accidently hit it while trying to press F2. I know the best solution would be to NOT hit it accidently, but I was just wondering if disabling or changing the function keys is possible. I am using Excel 2002 on Windows XP Profesional. Tonso Chip Pearson says that he actually "fixed" his keyboard by taking that key off. Others say that they left the key, but removed the spring underneath. But you could use a couple of macros (one to disable and one to enable): Option Explici...

Errors Importing .PST File into Exchange Storage Group
I'm trying to import .PST file into an Exchange 2003 mailbox using Exmerge. The log file indicates "Error configuring message service (MSPST MS) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile) Ending Routine: (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile) Errors encountered. Copy process aborted for mailbox 'NAME"." I seem to have configured the permissions correctly for Exmerge but I'm not sure what this error is referring to. I'd appreciate your help. Thanks!! On 6 Dec 2005 22:02:28 -0800, goodfella749@yahoo.com wrote: >I'm trying to import .PST file into an Exchange 20...

using publisher how do i change the size to 8.5 by 14 inches?
i want to design a mailing piece 8.5 by 14. how do i change the size in blank publications? serbdisplay wrote: > i want to design a mailing piece 8.5 by 14. how do i change the size > in blank publications? =============================== Just go to...File / Page Setup / Custom... Enter your size / OK. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk (Pub 2000) File - Print Setup. ...

Exchange Defrag
Hi, Anyone knows how the Exchange streaming files can be reduced in size? They keep on growing and with defrag they only shrink by about 1 Gb out of about 20Gb THanks Nich eseutil with the /ms switch piped to a text file will tell you much how free space is avail in the stm file ( multiply the free space by 4096). When you defrag the edb file, its matching stm will be defragged as well. On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:31:17 +0100, "Nicholas Aquilina" <nickaquilina@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Anyone knows how the Exchange streaming files can be reduced in size? The...

Exchange server routing group
Sorry but i can' t resolve this problem. In my office I have two exchange server (2000,2003) in different domain and different lan but connected together from hardware firewall to share internet. With a new smtp connector and name space (one for exchange) work fine. I want to use routing group but i can't see remote server. Nslookup not resolve remote server, is it a problem ? (in my test smtp connector i used [ip address]) How i configure step by step routing group ? Thanks. Are these two servers in the same forest and the same Exchange organization? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange ...

Remove Exchange logs after N days
How is the setting for removal of old log files different from circular logging? The former is set in server properties and the latter in storage group properties. When circular logging is disabled, is the removal of old logs setting relevant? Is the frequency of full backups relevant to the setting for the number of days before removing logs? -- Reply in group, but if emailing add another zero, and remove the last word. You're talking different logs - the setting in Exchange server properties refers to Message Tracking logs - which help you track a message from/to a recipient ...

Chart Source Data Ranges Changing when Data Sheet updated from text file source.
I have a simple Excel wb with 2 sheets. Sheet 1 is simple Line Charts. Sheet 2 is the data for these charts. The data comes from a text file via the 'Import External Data' tool. The text file is filled throughout the day with data every 5 minutes starting at 00:00. Because the chart will contain 288 data points I've set my series values to"=<data sheet name>!$C$2:$C$289" I have 2 questions. 1) Whenever I refresh the Data Sheet from the external text file the series values in my charts increment by the number of new data points. This is no good as it causes my c...

how do i merge two pipe charts to depict change
i would like to create a chart that depicts week to week progress for three items; i would lke to use a 3d pipe chart and have the next weeks' chart show the previous weeks chart and them on top of each column frpivy in a different color hos many units were added this week in each category...oj ...

Exchange views !!!
What is the purpose of the option "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange Views" under the properties ofthe Personal Folder ? What purpose does it serve ? Dear A, The following link should explain Using Microsoft Outlook to Collaborate http://www.windowsitlibrary.com/Content/191/19/1.html This explains about "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange Views" property. You may also want to have a look at KBA http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=276544 OL2002: How to Use Outlook Table Views with Microsoft Exchange Client and OWA Pls let me know if this helps. Regar...

Security
Hi, I updated the Salesperson role to have the following Core Records capabilities for Account: Create= User level Read= Organization level Write= User level Delete= None Append= User Append To= User Assign= User Share= User The changes were made a couple weeks ago, and there have been a few iisresets since then. However, each sales guy can still change info on other sales guys' records (Account Name, etc.). Any tips on where to troubleshoot? Are you seeing this issue with existing records or new ones? Changes to roles take a while to propogate to existing records. There are also...

Exchange/Outlook delayed mail delivery
Hi All, How often does Outlook check Exchange for messages? Sometimes mail isn't getting delivered to the users outlook immediately - It goes to their exchange mailbox but it doesn't go to their outlook for sometimes up to 1 minute or more (in yesterdays case it was 30 minutes.) I'm nearly positive the message is in the users mailbox on the exchange server because if I hit send/receive it will show up in the recipients outlook - it just doesn't show up automatically. As a test, if I send a message to a user in my company and hit send it goes to my outbox and within seconds ...

Cannot change shape text
I have Visio 2000. I am using UML "use case" shape. I create several diagram in several shapes. No layers, no groups. Now to create shapes on a new page, I selected shapes on another page, cut and paste on the other. I was working on the new page, when suddently I cannot change the text inside my UC ? I double click on the shape, nothing happens. I didn`t knew there where a "behavior" option for the shape, was set on default, and then I changed it to edit text. Then it complains that the shape or layer protection prevent editing the text. There is no layer, and I remove al...

Change the default font used on form and report
Hi, Would anyone give me some guide line how to change the default font used in Form and Report in MSAccess 2003. I went thought the tabs in Tools --> Options but none seem to work. I don't like the default font used at present which is MS Sans Serif size 8. I would like to use another font which is bolder and larger sizes. I don't want to change the size and font from the property for every form and report. Is there a way to do it before I create the form and report so that I would save a bit of work ? Thank for your help in advance. Select the text box from the tool b...

CRM 3.0 Exchange server
Where is configured Exchange server or SMTP on CRM Server ? Or how I can change SMTP ? ...

Exchange 2007 404 error when accessing 2003 mailbox
http://forums.msexchange.org/404_error_coming_from_CAS_when_accessing_2003_mailbox/m_1800523872/tm.htm or use the short url. not sure how your readers will handle the long wrap-around style url above: http://bit.ly/68HLqc our 2003 environment is 2 front ends, and 2 back ends. our 2007 environment is 2 front ends (CAS HUB Role), and 4 back ends (Mailbox Role) All 2007 mailboxes work correctly. When trying to access a 2003 mailbox (https://frontend.domain.com/exchange) I can log in, and then get to the 2003 frame, but I get a 404 in both sides. The 404 pages appears to b...

Word 2008 changes
In Word 2008, how do I view: 1- scroll bar? 2- the toolbar at the bottom that shows current and total pages? thanks Ken Before anything else make sure you have Office fully updated -- 12.2.4 is the current build. If the software isn't updated it's pointless to chase symptoms. Once everything is updated have a look in Word> Preferences> View to be certain that all is checked in the Window section for the elements you want to have displayed. It sounds like Status Bar & Vertical Scroll Bar may not be checked. I'd avoid Live Word Count & Wrap to Window, tho...

Changing user business units = authentication error in CRM3.0
When we change a business unit for a user (and assign the appropriate roles�) the user is unable to signon to CRM. The user is signed off of crm before we change the BU. We have had them reboot and try to sign on and cannot. They get an error which indicates the user is unable to authenticate. When we do an IISReset on the CRM server the user is then able to signon to the new BU and everything works fine. This is a problem because we do not want to kick everyone off the server every time someone changes business units. Please help� Remember when you change a BU, their security roles get dro...