Changing the host IP on an Exchange 2000 Server

Are there any gotchas to changing the host IP on an Exchange 2000
Server, as long as all the AD-integrated DNS servers that the server is
using are configured properly and updating corecting when host IPs are
changed?

In news:%23cFED%23UtFHA.2756@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Robert Gordon <Robert.Gordon@nospam.dslextreme.com> typed:
> Are there any gotchas to changing the host IP on an Exchange 2000
> Server, as long as all the AD-integrated DNS servers that the server
> is using are configured properly and updating corecting when host IPs
> are changed?

Also make sure you change your firewall/router config to forward port 25 to
the correct LAN IP....and if you run WINS,  make sure that gets updated too.

0
lanwench (7567)
9/9/2005 3:15:48 PM
None. If it receives external email (in other words, has a firewall rule
allowing smtp/other traffic to it) you'll need to update that as well.

--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Robert Gordon" <Robert.Gordon@nospam.dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> Are there any gotchas to changing the host IP on an Exchange 2000 Server,
> as long as all the AD-integrated DNS servers that the server is using are
> configured properly and updating corecting when host IPs are changed?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Relay from unstruted server

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Relay Servers?

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Microsoft Exchange Server

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...

Changing language