Changing Mailbox Quota of multiple mailboxes

Hello everyone,

I have a (probably) small issue.
I need to change to mailbox quota (total size) of a great number of
mailboxes on serveral servers, but only those ones with a current size
under 100 MB (some boxes have been sized up manually).
I tried with WMI, but I can only read the Mailboxsize with it. I need
to set it. Maybe ADSI is the right way (as far as I understand), but I
have no clue where to begin.
Maybe you can help me out :)

Thanks in advance,

Philipp

0
dapapst (3)

Have you considered implemeting mailbox size limitations at the mailbox
store level or possibly a System Policy?

"Philipp" <dapapst@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a (probably) small issue.
> I need to change to mailbox quota (total size) of a great number of
> mailboxes on serveral servers, but only those ones with a current size
> under 100 MB (some boxes have been sized up manually).
> I tried with WMI, but I can only read the Mailboxsize with it. I need
> to set it. Maybe ADSI is the right way (as far as I understand), but I
> have no clue where to begin.
> Maybe you can help me out :)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Philipp

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
11/16/2006 1:17:43 PM
Further:

1. Through ESM note the mailboxes over 100MB
2. Create mailbox size policy
3. Set the mailboxes over this 100MB to not use store defaults (tick in a
box on user account), or possibly move them to another store with a
different mailbox size policy.

Oliver

"Philipp" <dapapst@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a (probably) small issue.
> I need to change to mailbox quota (total size) of a great number of
> mailboxes on serveral servers, but only those ones with a current size
> under 100 MB (some boxes have been sized up manually).
> I tried with WMI, but I can only read the Mailboxsize with it. I need
> to set it. Maybe ADSI is the right way (as far as I understand), but I
> have no clue where to begin.
> Maybe you can help me out :)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Philipp

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
11/16/2006 1:19:39 PM
On 16 Nov 2006 05:12:24 -0800, "Philipp" <dapapst@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>I have a (probably) small issue.
>I need to change to mailbox quota (total size) of a great number of
>mailboxes on serveral servers, but only those ones with a current size
>under 100 MB (some boxes have been sized up manually).
>I tried with WMI, but I can only read the Mailboxsize with it. I need
>to set it. Maybe ADSI is the right way (as far as I understand), but I
>have no clue where to begin.
>Maybe you can help me out :)
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Philipp

Create a store policy in ESM or use something like admodify

http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2
0
adavid (8731)
11/16/2006 2:15:34 PM

> Create a store policy in ESM or use something like admodify
>
> http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2

I'll try this tool :)

Thank you all for your help!

0
dapapst (3)

Formula for multiple countifs
Hi, I would really appreciate anybodys expertise with the following 2 formulas; I have a worksheet that looks a bit like this - (A is days taken to deliver - B is method for delivery) A B 1 sec *I need to be able to count the number of cells in A that contain 1 sig a '1' but only if they have either 'sec','sig' or 'del' in column B. 1 sec 1 man **Then I need to count the number of cells in A that are greater 1 del or equal to '4' but DONT contain 'sec',...

Multiple copies of webbrowser control and site logins
Hi, I have several processes accessing a website, each through a webbrowser control. I do not need to login to the site to access any information. However, to update data on the site I do. So if I log in to the site using one webbrowser control are all the other instances automatically logged in? Will the admin of the site have available the info that I am running one process logged in and several that are not? If so, is there away of masking this information - without slowing access to the site (particularly as I "hand code" GETs and PUTs)? I need to know as the system design o...

Change menu size
I am trying to change the font of a standard CMenu to 14 point (which takes up more space then the default font). I have changed the menu item properties to ownerdrawn and created an OnMeasureItem in the parent of CMenu. The text is of the right size and all drop down menus have allocated enough space to see the text BUT, the main menu bar within the dialog box is still the standard height (width seems to be ok to fit the text) - thus part of the 14 pt text is cut off. How can I get the dialog box to recognize that the CMenu takes up more space then the original. When debugging the ...

Change fg color of a static text at runtime
How can I change fg color of a static contol base on caption's text. I can set fg/bkg color using OnCtlColor at dialog's startup but I need to change color base on a math result, if this is positive set as blue if math result use red. thanks in advance for your help, Eduardo You would still do it the same way. Create appropriate brushes(or use SetTextColor etc) and return these based on the context(math result). OnCtlColor is called whenever the control needs to be redrawn(not only at startup). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Eduardo" <a@a.com> w...

Autoforwarding messages frmo a mailbox
Is it possible to autoforward email messages from a mailbox on my Exchange Server 5.5 to another valid internet email address that is not part of my domain? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. You can create a custom recipient representing the external account and then in exchange administrator you configure the custom recipient as an alternate recipient for your mailbox. Craig -- Craig Philbeck a-cphil@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" wi...

How do I copy multiple pages in Publisher 2003?
I want to add several pages from one Publisher file to another. How can I do this without having to cut and paste every page? You could open the Office Clipboard from edit. It can collect 24 items, it will make the process quicker. Are the pages consecutive? If not, delete the pages you don't need and try this: It is not for the faint of heart http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Hector26gn" <Hector26gn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Change a report to a query
i have this code which looks up my sales analysis table, i specify what customer and month i want in my dialog box which then it sends it to a report Sub PrintReports(ReportView As AcView) ' This procedure used in Preview_Click and Print_Click Sub procedures. ' Preview or print report selected in the ReportToPrint option group. ' Then close the Print Sales Reports Dialog form. Dim strReportName As String Dim strReportFilter As String Dim lOrderCount As Long Dim lOrderCount1 As Long Dim strReportFilter2 As String Dim stroffic...

All values automatically change to zero

Primary SMTP address change to secondary
Primary SMTP address change to secondary A subsidiary company was sold and its users AD accounts will be migrated as well as their email accounts. (Our environment is AD (2k) with Exchange 2003) What I need to do is, Change the primary SMTP address (just for those users that are sold) to the secondary and give them a new primary address. Any help would be greatly appreciated. you might want to use admodify for this...it's a great tool for things like this... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Roland" <roland.ri@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150478575.763849.200530@p79g200...

Multiple ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI for the same ID
Hi, In my CDocument, i need to disable/enable an item menu according to a boolean value in my CDocument. In my Mainframe, i need to disable/enable this item menu according to a boolean value in my Mainframe, who have priority. It seems that if ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI is called for my CDocument, it is not called for my MainFrame. Any idea plz ? Thanks. The standard routing for these messages is giving the document the first crack at handling them. Rather than go to the trouble of rewriting the routing, I suggest that in your document's handler that it simply "asks" the mainfr...

Charts change colour in 2003
I should probably have posted here in the first place: Have been doing financial presentations with lots of charts (ie line graphs, bar and column charts, pies, scatter plots, etc.) using PowerPoint 2007, which creates an Excel file for each chart. I need to convert them for use in 2003 as not everyone has 2007. After saving down as 97-2003, the charts look OK in 2003 BUT when I double-click to edit them some of the colours change. I've tried using non-theme colours and that seems to work MOST OF THE TIME but NOT ALWAYS. When the colours do change I don't even have the option t...

Change color on date field in form for re-certification
Hello. I have two different date fields on a form, but I would like them to change color depending on how close to the re-certification date it is whenever I open the form or open a report showing the same info. On each of the date fields, I would like to have them green for anything over a month away, yellow for anytime within a month, and red for anything expired. One date field [PTDate] needs re-certified every 6 months, and the other date field [WeaponDate] needs re-certified every 12 months. I've been struggling with this for several days now and haven't been able t...

Mailbox Rights #3
On Exchange 5.5, I can log in to any user's mailbox using an account with the "Service Account Admin." permission. On Exchange 2003, which permissions do I need on a mailbox in order to do the same thing? When I use that same Service Account Admin. account (my Exchange 2003 joined my Exchange 5.5 site) to log in to a user's mailbox, I get an error in Outlook that I am unable to open the folders and Outlook quits. Thank you. see this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821897 "Daitauha" <daitauha%remove%@hotmail.com> wrot...

Multiple IF statment help 04-04-10
Evening everyone I am sure this is simple but it's late and I'm very tired. I have the following IF statment but I need all three to be added together - the sum of D147,F147 & H147 =IF($C147<J$3,$D147,"")+IF($E147<J$3,$F147,"")+IF($G147<J$3,$H147,"") All I am getting is a VALUE come up. Thanks Hi, You were very close, try this =IF($C147<J$3,$D147,0)+IF($E147<J$3,$F147,0)+IF($G147<J$3,$H147,0) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumpt...

how do I merge multiple documents into one-keeping section format
a manual was forwarded to me in as multiple documents. I need to bring all docs into one manual. Each section has it's own header and footer. To what extent this is possible will be determined by what the documents contain, their styles and how the documents are laid out. The best you are likely to achieve would be by creating a new document from the same document template, then insert the first document then a next page section break, then insert the following document etc. You could use the boiler addin from my web site to automate the task - http://www.gmayor.com/Boi...

Quickly Format Multiple Data Series in One chart
I do a lot of charts that contain spectral data. I'll have 20-30 data series and I plot them as a XY scatter using the line only format. However the default thickness in XL 2007 is way too fat and consequently I loose any ability to differentiate the series. So far the only way I've been able to change this is by actually selecting each individual series and changing the thickness. Is there a way to change the default line thickness to 1/2 pt? Or at least to change all the series in a chart in one go? In Excel 2007, if all you are changing is one single attribute of a serie...

Exchange 2003 and Win2003 problems with mailboxes
I installed Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 2 weeks ago. After the install Internet email would not come through, I fixed that problem but after the fix there are 6 emails in the server that keep downloading into the mailboxes. you can delete all of the new emails that show up but they start downloading again and again. It seems as if the email never leaves the server. I have checked all of the Outlook setting and it is to remove the mail from the server (not leaving it on the server for X days). When I go into OWA you cannot delete the emails at all but they only download once. If...

question related to merging multiple statements
DEAR MR. /MS. I HAVE TWO NUMBERS 4565845 and 1543295 AND A TEXT "ALSO WORKING ECM IN Q 201" I WANT TO MERGE THE RIGHT 4 DIGITS FROM BOTH THE NUMBERS WITH THE TEXT SEPARATED BY A COMMA. EXAMPLE-: ALSO WORKING ECM 5845, 3295 IN Q 201 I PLACED 4565845 IN CELL C1 AND 1543295 IN CELL D2. I PLACED THE TEXT "ALSO WORKING ECM" IN CELL A1 AND “IN Q 201" IN CELL B2. AND USED THE FOLLOWING FORMULA =CONCATENATE (A1, RIGHT (C1, 4),",", RIGHT (D1, 4)," ", B1) BUT WHEN I DELETE ONE NUMBER FROM THE COLUMN, THE FIRST NUMBER CARRIES THE &quo...

How do I set up multiple values in a pie chart
I am trying to divide a pie chart like this; 1st section 75% and 25% Then divide the 25% section like this; 40% and 60% Then divide the 40%; 28% and 12% And divide the 60%; 85% and 15% And then divide the 60% up Hi, First, your example is not consistant - you divide 40% into 12% & 28% in all other cases you are breaking the number into 40+60 or 20+80 all = 100 In general calculate: 75% 25%*40% 25%*60%*85% 25%*60%*15% And plot these results. Note I did not finish the 25*40 one since it is not clear what you want to do If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devens...

mailbox permissions #7
How do I give domain administrators full mailbox rights to every mailbox without having to go through every one and add them in on the mailbox rights tab?? Sorry I forgot to add this is on a 2003 exchange box "T" <tracey.ryman@gwc.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23NrXXxTKEHA.892@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do I give domain administrators full mailbox rights to every mailbox > without having to go through every one and add them in on the mailbox rights > tab?? > > Start here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292509&Product=exch2k ...

How do I change the date format in a pivot chart from numbers to a

sharing a mailbox
hi list Can user have two users access to a single mailbox (Exchange 5.5)? (not a public folder) regards rene Yes You will need to give the second user permissions on the permissions tab of the mailbox object in 5.5 Admin or set the Primary NT Account to be an NT Group. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Eiche...

Multiple Accounts???
Hello, I have a client who owns three different firms. He wants to move to exchange server, but wants to keep his email identities separate, He wants to make sure if someone sends an email to user@someone.com - they get a response from that actual email account. He also wants to make sure if someone sends an email to user@test.com, they get a response from that account. Can this be done in Exchange Server 03? I guess, "Multiple Companies?" In Exchange each account can have multiple email addresses, but only the one specified as 'primary' will be stamped in the mess...

changing default margin settngs
I cannot seem to find where to change the default margin settings for Excel - I can go in and change them everytime on the page setup but I do not want to have to manually change the margins everytime. Please help! Are you related to Amanda? You could create a workbook that has the settings you want. Then save this workbook as a template for all new workbooks. If that's what you want to do: Start a new workbook. change the margins (and modify it to your heart's content) Also, modify anything else you want as a standard--header/footers, page orientation, number of worksheets in ...

User last changed
I would like to reflect in a shape which user has changed a shape propery the last time. I can find a 'last changed date', but not a 'User last changed' Is there a way to automatically change a field or property with user information or initials? I am using Visio 2007 Thanks, Arnold Humm, That's a good question... You can get the change datetime with a formula like this: =DEPENDSON(Prop.MyData)+SETF(GetRef(User.LastChange),NOW()) but getting the user seems to be a problem. Of course, you can get the Creator() or Manager(), but the current user seems to be missing...