changing IP of the exchange server

Hi,

I have windows 2003 with exchange 2003 server, running perfectly fine.
Recently I have been assigned with a new IP address from my ISP and so I
have to use the new IP address instead of the old one(It is a public IP
address.)

My query is can I change the old IP address to the new one without affecting
the functionality of the server.

Is this a working scenario.I don't want to try and disturb the current setup
Please advice.

Regards
Vic

0
Vikrant

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:01:51 +0400, "Vikrant"
<vikrant_nath@hotmail(removethispart).com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have windows 2003 with exchange 2003 server, running perfectly fine.
>Recently I have been assigned with a new IP address from my ISP and so I
>have to use the new IP address instead of the old one(It is a public IP
>address.)
>
>My query is can I change the old IP address to the new one without affecting
>the functionality of the server.
>
>Is this a working scenario.I don't want to try and disturb the current setup
>Please advice.
>
>Regards
>Vic

Should be ok. Make sure you have nothing hard-coded to that old IP in
the virtual servers etc..
You really should have a SMTP gateway so that you can changes its ip
address ay anytime without touching the internal Exch Server.
0
adavid (8731)
12/11/2005 2:08:31 PM
You will need to update the MX records in your DNS to reflect the IP address
change.  This is how other domains find your mail server to deliver mail to
you...

"Vikrant" <vikrant_nath@hotmail(removethispart).com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I have windows 2003 with exchange 2003 server, running perfectly fine.
> Recently I have been assigned with a new IP address from my ISP and so I
> have to use the new IP address instead of the old one(It is a public IP
> address.)
>
> My query is can I change the old IP address to the new one without
affecting
> the functionality of the server.
>
> Is this a working scenario.I don't want to try and disturb the current
setup
> Please advice.
>
> Regards
> Vic

0
tfelts (292)
12/11/2005 2:19:22 PM
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:08:31 GMT, Andy David
<adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:01:51 +0400, "Vikrant"
><vikrant_nath@hotmail(removethispart).com> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I have windows 2003 with exchange 2003 server, running perfectly fine.
>>Recently I have been assigned with a new IP address from my ISP and so I
>>have to use the new IP address instead of the old one(It is a public IP
>>address.)
>>
>>My query is can I change the old IP address to the new one without affecting
>>the functionality of the server.
>>
>>Is this a working scenario.I don't want to try and disturb the current setup
>>Please advice.
>>
>>Regards
>>Vic
>>

>Should be ok. Make sure you have nothing hard-coded to that old IP in
>the virtual servers etc..
>You really should have a SMTP gateway so that you can changes its ip
>address ay anytime without touching the internal Exch Server.

	Of course, you will need to change the mx record as well most
likely. :)
0
adavid (8731)

Exchange 2003 Event ID 9667
I have the below event id's being logged on my Internet Exchange 2003 SP2 Bridgehead Servers and I'm not sure why. The named property name is always different and I can't find any information other than MS Article 820379 EVENT ID - 9667 Source - MSExchangeIS Failed to create a new named property for database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (MY SERVER NAME)" because the number of named properties reached the quota limit (8192). User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM" Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046 Named property...

step for setup mail server in domain
Hi, We want to setup new exchange 2007 server in the domain, and wehave installed exchange server and also able to send mail to internal users but unable to send mail to external mail ids, Please tell me all required things that we need to be done like public ip , domain registration, dns settings... i don not know about these steps,,but have the knowledge of exchange server 2007 can i send mail to external domain for only test purpose , Step by Step for setting up Send Connector, http://www.petri.co.il/configuring-exchange-2007-send-external-email.htm As for se...

Connecting Entourage ver. 10 to exchange 2003
I am trying to connect entourage version 10 (MAC) to exchange 2003. I need help from the beginning to the end. ...

Second 2000 Exchange Server
I've recently installed a second 2000 Exchange server, running forest and domain prep before the install. The server installed fine and I can see the first and second server within Exchange System Manager without any problems. That being said, there remain a few issues with this server and are as follows: 1. This second server I installed, is very slow with sending file attachments. It reminds me of a print spooling issue, where the job should be spooled thus freeing up the client. The client will often hang until the file attachment is sent, tying up the Outlook client (2000 & 2...

Outlook 2003: 2 Users share 1 inbox, 1 POP/SMTP acct w/o Exchange Server?
My wife and I need to share a common Inbox in OL 2003. ( One logon at a time) We have seperate "contact Lists / Address Books" however we can share common In-Box sub-folders for saved email. We're not a business and I don't see a need for an "exchange server." How can this be done in Outlook 2003? It came with our new system. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

Change of system behaviour...
We have an Exchange 2003 in a Win 2003 domain... On Exchange we have installed GFI Mail Security 8... In the administrator account we used to get report e-mails which stated that the e-mail that was an attachment to the report e-mail didn't reach their recipient.So we had the e-mail the whole of it actually. Now, something has changed, someone has made a modification(??) and we only get the NDR and not the e-mail the original which didn't make it to the recipient! Any help would be much much appreciated. ...

Exchange 2010 Disclaimer HTML/Plain Text

redirecting emails to SBS Exchange 2007
If I want to redirect emails from public hosting server to local SBS server, what DNS records do I need to change. Do I need to edit any other A/AAAA records or just to add whatever name (matching sbs domain name) and global IP of my local office router? Below is an example of another company records - the first is web page hosting service and 3rd is the name and IP of this organisation, which I need to add for my company. What for is needed the second 127.0.0.1? 3 A/AAAA record(s) mycompany.com. IN A xxx.146.69.8 localhost.mycompany.com. IN A 127....

How do I delete cells in Excel without changing the data in others
I want to get rid of some of the rows in my spreadsheet but the data in the ones I am leaving behind are linked by formulas? As soon as I delete them all the data goes from the the others. Gemma, I may not understand your situation. An example of what I think you're saying is: Cell A2: A1+1. You want to delete cell A1, but leave A2 with the value it currently has. If this is the case, you need to copy A2 and the, using paste special, paste the value back into A2. This way A2 no longer has any formula at all and will remain unchanged when you delete A1. Art "G...

OWA Password changing problem -- Information goes missing between aex2b.asp and achg.asp
This is occurring on an exchange 2003 server with sp1 or sp2, running on windows 2003 with sp1. Currently the users can not change passwords using OWA. We would like them to be able to. If I go directly to https://xxx.edu/iisadmpwd/aexp2b.asp . . . the change password feature works. If I start OWA and click change password I go to https://xxx.edu/iisadmpwd/aexp2b.asp?https://xxx.edu/exchange/UserName/? fill in the data . . . . click ok. I get Object not found. I added some display statements to the achg.asp file. When going directly to the site (not using exchange) and filling in the...

Changing the Owner of a sales order, resets all previous notes
If I change the owner of a Sales Order, the time/date field of all the notes previously created against order will be changed to the time and date on which I changed the owner of the Sales Order. Is this by design? Can we make a change to stop this from occuring, as we in effect then loose any historical communication against the order from the time of this change.. Appreciate the assistance, I think you have configured "parental" for the relationship that you have defineed between notes and sale order. you might want to change it to "configurable cascading". To d...

MS Exchange Information Store service cannot start automatically #2
Hello I am working with a SBS2003 SP1, this morning when the users came in they were unable to connect to Exchange, I told them to reboot and even after they rebooted the MS Exchange sever cannot start. I looked at the event logs and this is the issue : The MS Exchange Information Store service failed with the following error: Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7024 Date: 10/16/2006 Time: 2:38:07 PM User: N/A Computer: SERVER1 Description: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 0 (0x0). F...

Exchange 5.5 server -- edb.log files are filling my hard drive!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 and my hard drive is filling up with all of the log files. The server is in the process of completing a full backup and hasn't finished yet but I have over 1GB of EDB.LOG files at this point in time and am running out of disk space. The weird thing is that about a month ago our backups weren't working properly and we enabled circular logging to prevent this from happening. When I check the server properties circular logging is still enabled on the Information Store but I have over 200 edb.log files!! I also noticed that the earliest log file is from 6:00 P...

Find and Replace Permissions change on Public Folders
OK, I've been tasked with changing permissions on Hundreds of public folders. We are bringing up a thousand new security groups in a new naming convention, they are going to replace Mail enabled security groups currently assigned to public folders. How can I simplify this process? Is there a tool that performs a function like "subinACL" that will perform a Find/Replace on public folders? pfDavadmin might be able to help you out. It can export permissions and you can modify the permissions file and then import them back. "dnilson@gmail.com" wrote: > OK, I'...

Loggin inot Exchange Server
Hello, I have a couple of different platforms WinXP and WIN2000 Why is it that some users click on Outlook and BAM! they go right in...while others launch Outlook and they get a "login box" to authenticate them to the exchange server ?? Thanks beause, for the users they logon dierectly to the server the have the "windows authantication" options seletcted. and for the other ones, they have "none" selected, that is whay it asks for the username and password. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > > >I have a couple of different platforms ...

How do I change line spaces in an envelope on word
I have tried Jay's solution but it doesn't work for me. I must have an earlier version of Word. I have managed to change line spaces in a document but when I try to create an address on a label or Envelope it prints in double spacing. Envelope addresses are formatted with the envelope address paragraph style - see http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http:...

CRM Time Clock Different Then System and Server Clock
Hi All, I have run into an odd situation whereas one of my users CRM lists a different time clock within CRM. When they create an entry in CRM there is a three hour difference between the time they enter it and what is actually recorded within CRM. For instance, the user will enter an update of information about a client and a conversation they had. They enter it at 11am and yet CRM shows that the entry was entered at 8am. Both the users local time clock and server are set for the correct time for Eastern Standard Time. This only appears to have happened with one user. No other ...

change histroy printing
I was wondering if there's any way to print out the change history that was made to a spreadsheet showing the user, date, time and what the changes were. Thanks Thin ...

Exchange Admin 5.5.
Hi, could anyone give me a hint where i can find informations about this error. I would like to connect to an exchange systems. I have the necessary permissions on this structure. I got back the error msg DS_E_Communications_Problem!!!!! Thanks for any help Cya Alex Perhaps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322051 On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 04:33:43 -0700, "Alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >could anyone give me a hint where i can find informations >about this error. >I would like to connect to an exchange sy...

Date when I last change cell in a row?
Please, Help. In my database, every row represents a separate client. I wonder if it is possible to input the date when I last changed any value in a particular row. This way I will know when exactly I last updated the information for client in row 4, 5 etc. I don't need the date when the document was last saved. Please, let me know if it can be done in Excel. Thank you, Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If .Row = 5 Then Me.Range("H1").Value = Date ...

searching for IP addresses in outlook 2007
When I search for an IP address, say 10.10.15.55, I get no results found even though I know there are messages that contain this IP address in the body & subject of several messages. when I search for 10. I get results for all the appropriate messages. If I search for 10.1, etc. nothing shows. Instant search uses starts at the beginning of a word and . denotes a new word. Try "10.10.15.55" (with the quotes) or advanced find. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...

Disabling Connectors in Exchange 2000 and Exchange2003
Hi I am trying to disable smtp connector on my exchange 2003 server but i couldnot find the way to disable the smtp connector Regards Naren On 19 Mar 2007 05:05:33 -0700, narendhran.kannappan@gmail.com wrote: >Hi > >I am trying to disable smtp connector on my exchange 2003 server >but i couldnot find the way to disable the smtp connector > >Regards > >Naren What is it that you want to do that makes you want to disable a connector? ...

Font color changed
Font color changed to black when using save as PDF function in Publisher 2007, no matter what color I used in text box. Any idea? thanks Are you getting colors anywhere in the pdf file? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JALU" <JALU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:415D9130-FC38-49A1-91AF-936A2A1679C1@microsoft.com... > Font color changed to black when using save as PDF function in Publisher > 2007, no matter what color I used in text box. Any idea? thanks Only TEXT are co...

Change one page in publication to landscape orientation
I'm trying to change one page in a multi-page publication to landscape. However, I want the others to remain as portrait orientation. Is this possible? I can't find anything in online Help or on the MS Office website. As a temporary work around, I have just turned the text on the page to look like landscape orienation. DS <DS@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I'm trying to change one page in a multi-page publication to > landscape. However, I want the others to remain as portrait > orientation. Is this possible? I can't find a...

Adding a changing number of cells.
I am trying to add up part of a row of numbers. The number of cells in the row that I am trying to add will change depending on a variable in another cell. For instance, if there are numbers in the range a1:t1, I am trying to obtain the sum of the range that will always start with cell a1 and end with ?1 where "?" corresponds to a number in cell b1. The number in b1 is a variable and will change occasionaly based on other conditions. So if the number in cell b1 is "6" I would want the sum of a1:f1. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks, Thanks One way: =SUM(...