Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Not sure if you all remember but back in the Exchange 5.5 days we use to be
able to go onto a site and put in the username of the person mailbox you
want to access, then a windows pop up would come up asking you for your
credentials.  I was wondering if that is still possible to do that in
Exchange 2003?  If so how can that be done?

0
nospam9092 (38)

Configure Forms-Based Authentication (FBA).
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"John" <nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Not sure if you all remember but back in the Exchange 5.5 days we use to
> be able to go onto a site and put in the username of the person mailbox
> you want to access, then a windows pop up would come up asking you for
> your credentials.  I was wondering if that is still possible to do that in
> Exchange 2003?  If so how can that be done?

0
curspice6401 (3487)

how can i change my email address outgoing.
Ok, I have an email address which is 'piggy backed' to my normal email address so that anything from work comes through to my outllook account. When i receive mail it comes through as being sent to it ok. My question is how can i set it up so that my personal email doesn't show up on outgoing mail but shows as my business mail address thus looking more professional.? me2130 wrote: > Ok, I have an email address which is 'piggy backed' to my normal email > address so that anything from work comes through to my outllook account. > When i receiv...

Recommendations for Mobile workforce Password change
My company has about 150 users of which 100 of them never access the Corporate network. These are Webmail and Smartphone only users (they do not have company issued PCs). The only reason the have an account in AD is for email access. So I am looking for recommendations for password change procedures, policies, and tools. We run Exchange 2007 and there is a password change feature but the implementation is lacking. If you force a password change (through domain policy) the user cannot log in to get to the password change option once the password has expired. We have Exchan...

Outlook vs OWA
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between opening messages in Outlook and with OWA? I have messages forwarded by a rule that I can't open in Outlook, message "Can't open this message. Unknown error", but I can open and view the attachment and text in OWA. I can then forward the mail to myself and open it normally in Outlook. Interestingly, if I move the message to a personal folder I can open it and see the attachment but not the text of the message. Exchange 5.5, OL200 and OL2002 (result is the same). Thanks for any light you can shed, I don't know why the m...

Emailing in excel 2003 01-29-10
Hi all Guru, I have created a button which emails the addresses as shown below, what i would prefer if i could have it so that it emails what ever email address is in cell B10, instead of having set email addresses. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveWorkbook.Save Dim Response As String Dim DefaultFolder As String, DefaultFileName As String Dim FileToSave Dim OutApp As Object 'this emails operations manager Dim OutMail As Object Dim strbody As String Response = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to Approve this PIP?", _ vbYesNo + vbInformatio...

login -- changed my password
silly me, not knowing that it wasn't my fault I changed the .NET password on the microsoft site. Now I'm getting the "Your sign-in name is not associated with your file" error. wonderful. Endre I had the same problem and thought maybe I had a virus or something. My password just suddenly didn't work and I changed my passport too. I changed it back to what it was. I'll be furious if this problem isn't fixed. I have about a years worth of stuff in Money and was just getting ready to use it to put together a budget, in addition to the fact that I haven'...

exchange user mailbox not created
Hi guys, Have exch 2003 on win2003 svr in new AD forest. New user is created and "Create exchange mailbox" is selected for new user. Try to activate mailbox from outlook but name is not listed in GAL. Have restarted RUS, - no change. Failing an exchange server restart is there any way to tell AD / exchange to get its act together and create the mailbox. The properties of user does not display an smtp email address. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Peter pls following the KB 286356 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286356/en-us -- Jammyù�ٴ� "cumis...

Powershell script to create Resource Rooms Exchange 2007
I am attemting to make a script to create room accounts via powershell that will set the appropriate -mailboxcalendarsettings depending on the user input. Everything works fine if I put a 5 minute pause between new-mailbox and set-mailboxcalendarsettings. It is like the mailbox isn't fully created, get-mailboxcalenarsettings gives an error "cannot open mailbox" for the first 3-5 mins after creation. Is there a way to tap the mailbox via powershell to speed up the process? Or a setting I can change on the server? Any help or ideas are appreciated! ...

MSE 5.5 Event ID 1194 Accept clients on external interface POP3 failed
MSE 5.5 !! Internet Mail Service Connector fails to respond on port 110 with the following event log entries: ---------------------------------------------- Event ID 11507 (Configuration) Ready to accept clients on the POP3 interface. Event ID 11508 (Configuration) Accept clients on external interface POP3 failed with error 0x80004005. Event ID 1194 (General) Accept clients on POP3 interface failed in function HrRegisterProtocol with error 0x2740. ---------------------------------------------- Netstat -an command shows port 110: TCP 127.0.0.1:110 0.0.0.0 Listening -----------...

CRM Exchange Router stop working if I install the auto accept agent for exchange????
Hi, I can't setup my server to run the auto accept agent and the CRM router on the same server!!! If I setup the CRM router, the auto acccept agent stop working, if I install the auto accept agent, the crm router stop working!!!! the CRM router service simply don't start. I'm using the auto accept agent to manage my meeting room usage. any idea??? there is some conflicts? if yes, there is a solution? thanks. Jerome. ...

[MAPILAB ANN.] Native POP3 Connector v2 for Exchange/SBS
We are proudly bringing to your attention our new product: Native POP3 Connector version 2. Free trial download is available! Comparing to the first version this is a completely new solution which enables Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003 (Small Business Server 2000/2003) to work with POP3 mail in a complete and native way. Beside the others it includes the following key features: #1 INTEGRATION Exchange System Manager full integration with the distributed administration feature. NPC is a native solution for Exchange Server: you can manage and configure it as if it were a st...

OWA Login #9
I have a Win2k3 Server with exchange installed as a front end server. I have two websites set up - www.domain.com which is the default website that hosts the exchange owa pages and team.domain.com which has sharepoint team services installed. I want to be able to create a link in the team site that take the user to their mailbox on the owa site. At the moment I have it set to https://www.domain.com/exchange but I am getting a Page cannot be found error. If I change the address to https://www.domain.com/exchange/username I get a login page and then it takes me to the mailbox. How can I...

Change control workflow
Does anyone have any experience creating a change control workflow? For example if we want all firewall changes to have an audit trail, and we need someone other than who did the work to cross-check and sign it off before that ticket can be closed? Many thanks, Adam ...

Outlook 2003 hangs when saving an Office document opened as an attachment
Hello, When a user opens a office document attachment from an email in outlook 2003, they are immediately able to see and edit this document. There seems to be an issue, however, when the user goes to File > Save As.... in word, excel, or whichever office product is in use. Outlook saves its temporary files to the temporary internet files folder on the local (c:) drive. It takes approximately 60 seconds for the dialog box to populate so the user can change the folder where they would like the document to be saved. This was an upgrade install from Office 2000. Does anyone know of anythin...

Single Exchange server with multiple domains
Hello, My company was just acquired and the new owners are asking that I merge our two Exchange servers into a single server. We are running two domains. Is it possible for a user in one Windows domain to access an Exchange server in another domain? Jeff <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > My company was just acquired and the new owners are asking that I > merge our two Exchange servers into a single server. We are running > two domains. Is it possible for a user in one Windows domain to > access an Exchange server in another domain? Sure, if you...

Using Access 2003 Run-Time Version
I am trying to use the Access 2003 run-time and almost everything seems to be working just fine. I have noticed however that I seemed to have lost the ability to right click on a report and bring up the options of print/email.... When I right click using the run-time versionm nothing displays (as if the right button is disabled). When I right click using the regular mdb (full access 2003) all the options appear and I am able to print/email/etc at this time. My main question is is there any way to get the right click options back in a run-time version. Thanks That's correct: the run...

SBS2008 R2 ?? / Exchange 2010 ?? / SBS2010 ??
I have a client on SBS2003 R2. They're okay with it, as it has been very stable environment for them. They would have upgraded to SBS2008 but decided not to because they see it as "an interim release" between SBS2008 R2 or SBS2010. Would you say that's a correct way of looking at this. I know the Exchange 2007 is a nice improvement with SBS2008. But they're actually okay with Exchange 2003 for now. They think they might want to wait for Exchange 2010 to be included before they consider upgrading. Not to rush them if they're happy, but I'm ju...

Domain Users Cannot Login to OWA unless they are Local Admin
Only way for anybody to login to OWA is by making them a local admin on the OWA server. This is what I think is the chain of events. The server was moved to a new OU with a different GPO applied a few weeks ago. We are using the MS High Security template with then another GP with the exceptions needed to enable services, rights, etc. Today the server was rebooted, now OWA doesn't allow users to login. This took something away but don't know exactly what. We have moved server back to original OU and ran GPUPDATE /FORCE but there must be something that was taken away by the other ...

Microsoft exchange ports
I'm trying to open my outlook trough a vpn connection on which i configured ip filter my question what port do i have to open to get my connection done? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en- us;155831& http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280132 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to open my outlook trough a vpn connection on >which i configured ip filter my question what port do i >have to open to get my connection done? >. > ...

Move OWA emails to new mailbox
I have an OWA account where they are change their email address. I know I can get new emails to them but how can I get emails that are stored on the server moved to the new OWA account. On 14 Jul 2006 11:45:08 -0700, wcutler@gmail.com wrote: >I have an OWA account where they are change their email address. I >know I can get new emails to them but how can I get emails that are >stored on the server moved to the new OWA account. Explain that again, you don't make sense here, even if you did ask the question three times. On 14 Jul 2006 11:45:08 -0700, wcutler@gmail.com wrote: ...

Moving mailboxes from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 changes size
When we move mailboxes from Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 server it increases the mailbox size which causes issues with our users. Can someone tell me why this is happening and what to do if anything to prevent it from occurring? It may be possible that you have a high ratio of single instance storage. When someone sends an e-mail to multiple people on you exchange server it only stores one attachement and each user recieves a pointer that points to it. (this is all transparent to the user) But when you start moving mailboxes for any reason it breaks this and makes a single a...

Promt before changing a value
I was asked the below question by someone and was wondering if you guys have any advise I can relay to him. "I am looking to create something, most likely with VB code, in excel that will pop up a dialog box to warn the user that they are changing the quantity of a part by a more than normal amount. For example, if the current inventory quantity for a specific insert is 10,000, then if that cell is changed by more than 3000, a dialog box will appear to prompt the user to double check their change. So, if that cell is changed to 13,000 or higher, or, 7,000 or lower, the dialog box will ...

Change in CTime data member fro 4 bytes to 8 bytes
Hi, I have legacy code that has a structure which has several CTime data members. These data structs were written using VC6. When I try to reade these same structs using VC7.1 (.Net 2003) I get errors, because the CTime class now has a 8 byte rather than a 4 byte data member. My question is can I use a compiler or some other option in .Net 2003 to use the older version of CTime rather than the newer version. The work around of reading the CTime data in as a long and then casting it to a CTime works, but is clugy. Thanks Hi, while it's nice of Microsoft to support CTimes beyond th...

OWA #90
One more questions. Is there a way to configure my SBS 2003 to allow viewing attachments in OWA? As of right now in IE and Firefox you are prompted to save the attachement and then open it. -- Thanks for your help. Kevin ...

Outlook 2003
If someone sends me several pictures they dont automatically display one above the other like they used to in OE before i upgraded to Outlook 2003? I can find the bit about automatically downloading pictures but those are for HTML emails - i want them to display if they are sent as attachments! driving me mad and wasting lots of clicks and time! help please!! thanks Not possible. And note that you didn't upgrade but are using a completely different program now ;-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD...

HOW TO CHANGE ROW COLOUR
I want that current row colour with its header change, when i move to nex the previous row change to default. is it possible. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200705/1 Huh? Some possibilities without a decent description of what you want to do. RowLiner Cell Highlighting Add In http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm Conditional Formatting http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmtl.htm Event Macro http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.o...