Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Not sure if you all remember but back in the Exchange 5.5 days we use to be
able to go onto a site and put in the username of the person mailbox you
want to access, then a windows pop up would come up asking you for your
credentials.  I was wondering if that is still possible to do that in
Exchange 2003?  If so how can that be done?

0
nospam9092 (38)

Configure Forms-Based Authentication (FBA).
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"John" <nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Not sure if you all remember but back in the Exchange 5.5 days we use to
> be able to go onto a site and put in the username of the person mailbox
> you want to access, then a windows pop up would come up asking you for
> your credentials.  I was wondering if that is still possible to do that in
> Exchange 2003?  If so how can that be done?

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Excel 2003
Recently I started getting the following error msg "MS Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close..." after I close the spreadsheet and exit the application. Excel is version 11 Build 8134 and part of Office Professional 2003. Any help will be appreciated. Thx. ...

Access 2007 Change field size setting
I am new to access 2007 and it is considerably deifferent from 2002. I have a field (column) which should be a catalog number. I want to enter numbers such as 001-001, 001-002, etc and an error message keeps appearing that " I have entereted text in a numeric field or a number that is larger that the field size setting permits" I have searche dthe property sheet and can not find a field that will allow me to change the field size, also when I try and change the format from "general number" to a text it oly gives me numerical options to choose from. Please help if ...

Outlook 2003 #102
My company just converted from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. In version 2000 several users used Net folders (.pst) and shared them. It looks like that option is no longer available. The option used to be under File - Folder - Share. That option doesn't exist in Outlook 2003. The .pst files seemed to convert ok but the users can't share them with any more users. Is there a fix for this? ...

OWA Front end doesnt work after SP2
After a little testing it was determined that if you try to access you OWA account through the Front End server it does not work properly. If you log in to Servername/exchange then all is fine. Any ideas would be great. Thanks Heith wrote: > After a little testing it was determined that if you try to access you OWA > account through the Front End server it does not work properly. If you log > in to Servername/exchange then all is fine. > > Any ideas would be great. > > Thanks > Heith, It doesn't help if you keep repeating your question with a differe...

Page margin settings faulty in Word 2003
Hi there, My top and bottom page margins have disappeared, but when i go to page setup it shows them as the regular 2.54 in. I tried to change the default, but new docs just turn up the same: no top and bottom margins but page setup says they're there. I searched for Normal.dot but strangely enough it's not there in the templates folder. This is a real drag as I'm trying to format my MS thesis! any help most appreciated. -- Grus Move the mouse cursor to the top of the page until the cursor turned into two vertically opposed arrows when a tool-tip of "...

Outlook 2003 signature on replies
When a co-worker sends a new e-mail her signature appears fine but when she replies to an e-mail her signature appears in a pale yellow font and double spaced. We did find an answer in earlier posts to the double spacing by using shift-enter (not just enter) but the font color remains an issue. No setting we have looked at shows anything but a black font. Where can we look to see where this font color is coming from? Thanks for your time You can change the color in OL\Tools\Options\Mail Format\Fonts and Signatures -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of ot...

Exchange 5.5 and its OWA in Windows 2003 server
Has anyone implemented Exchange 5.5 and OWA in a Windows 2003 server? Is it stable? An article from Microsoft indiated that OWA from 5.5 is not supported in Windows 2003 server. Wingman It wont work. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "wing.szeto@advantek.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e8a01c474bd$48bc7dd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone implemented Exchange 5.5 and OWA in a Windows > 2003 server? Is it stable? An article from Micr...

Cannot open the CRM client in IE when using XP or Windows 2003
I just installed MSCRM 1.2 in our organisation, on a Windows 2003 Server box. I've setup a user etc, and it all appears to work fine when being accessed from a Windows 2000 Server machine. However, when I try to access the web client from any Windows XP machines, and any Windows 2003 Server machines, the authentication box pops up with 2 fields (i.e. basic auth, even though basic is disabled, the win2k boxes pop up the 3 field-boxes I would expect to see) and then closes itself after I authenticate. The web logs show the following: 2004-02-09 17:13:08 10.10.1.80 GET / - 80 - 10.10.3.3...

Changing Shape colour by a click?
I have a spreadsheet, that we want to use for tracking - and use a "traffic light" type system. By using a circle (autoshape) and it being red "no go", green "OK" and amber "issues". There will be an autoshape for each row, indicating the status of the record. What I am trying to achieve is by clicking on the autoshape it cycles through the colors. I don't want to have to have three separate circles for each record - with three circles I know how to program by a click to change an individual circle to one color. Can someone help me ? Appreciate your...

Slow Message Delivery between site exchange servers
We added a seconed exchange server to our exchange domain. This exchange server is connect via high-speed VPN to the primary exchange server. The MX record points to the primary exchange server. After moving a mailbox to the new exchange server, messages to the mailbox take hours. What steps can be taken to improve message delivery performance. Both Exchange servers are Exch 2003 SP1. The exchange servers are on different sub-nets. There are no application log errors. The primary exchange server is Win2003, the 2nd Exch server is Win2000 SP4. Both servers point to the same DNS ...

Microsoft Exchange System Attendant failed to read the membership
These 2 event logs keep appearing and I'm not sure how to resolve the problems: Source: MSExchangeSA Event ID: 9188 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant failed to read the membership of group 'cn=Exchange Domain Servers,cn=Users,dc=gb,dc=vo,dc=local'. Error code '80072020'. Source: MSExchangeSA Event ID: 9153 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0x80072020' when setting DS notification. Check if your Server is a member of Exchange Domain Servers Group Cheers oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________________ MCSE 20...

generate pdf with MS Access 2003 and ASP
Hi, I have an web application which allows user to print their invoice (in pdf format) from the browser. The application is developed using ASP and MS Access 2003 database. I would like to know if there is any tool for such purpose, no matter it is freeware or not. Please give me some suggestions. Thanks! "deadfish" <deadfish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6989B14A-4786-4FC3-9731-EF71FDA9B596@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have an web application which allows user to print their invoice (in pdf > format) from the browser. What are you usn...

Configuring OWA Outside the Default Web Site
I'm running W2K3 Standard SP1 with Exch2K3 Enterprise SP1 OWA is currently setup and working under the default Website. On the same server I'm hosting an additional Website. I would like to setup OWA on this site too. I've found KB 261953, but it pertains to Exch 5.5. Can I follow the same premise of this article and make the appropriate changes for 2003? For example in 5.5 under the ISAPI filters tab the article says to as Exchfilt.dll, in 2003 under ISAPI filters tab I see OWaAuth.dll. Any direction is appreciated. What you could do is create an Exchange virtual directo...

Outlook 2003
We're getting a return message from the System Administrator saying that the message was undeliverable. People using Outlook 2000 and 2002 have no problems sending an email to the user (It happens with one specific user and also the user groups.) I've downloaded Office updates and can't find any info in the KB. Here is the exact message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test Sent: 12/29/2003 7:51 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Desiree Robinson on 12/29/2003 7:51 AM 550 No su...

OWA on Exchange 2003
Is it possible to setup OWA on a stand alone server 2003 with IIS without installing exchange on that server. We don't want to have to have 2 exchange servers and we don't want to have our exchange server vulnerable outside of our firewall. I can't seem to find any info on this subject. why not just install iis on the exchange server, and just use it for exchange. Put the exchange server behind your firewall, and set it up for secure https asscess only "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13D94011-DE29-4B62-A3F9-A271B4786D51@micros...

Excel 2003
I have created a list called 'FullName' which will be added to with a macro. When using this list in a cell using Conditional formatting is it possible to have the dropdown list sorted in alpha order without having to put the original list through a manual sort or macro sort beforehand? Any advice would be appreciated Thanks BJ ...

TEXT COLOR AUTOMATIC CHANGING
sir, when i write in cell yes text color green and no the color is red but i want the another cells text color change when write yes in cell a1 cells a2:a5 text color change please help Hi - select A1:A5 - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - choose 'Formula is' and enter the formula =$A1="Yes" - chhose your format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Muhammad Saqlain wrote: > sir, > when i write in cell yes text color green and no the color is red but > i want the another cells text color change when write yes in cell a1 > cells a2:a5 text colo...

Interface not registered error when using WORD with Outlook 2002
When I use the "options" to set WORD to be the editor for writing emails, when I clicked the "send" button, then I got the "Interface not registered" error and it did not send the email. I reinstalled Office XP Professional and applied all latest fixes as of 8/13/2003 and it still has the same error. I also have a similar setup on my laptop which does not have that error. Thanks. ...

Outlook 2003 Problem #8
Whenever I attempt to send an attachment to an e-mail, I wither (a) send multiple copies to the recipient as if the message is stuck in a cycle in the outbox or (b) does not send at all. I also had trouble receiving an excel attachment today (do not know if it is related - only one data point). I have received the following error codes - 0x8004210b, 0x800ccc0b and 0x800ccc67. I have been through all of the MS Troubleshooting and support, but cannot find a solution to the problem. Can anyone help me? I can be reached at chad@cobenmedia.com ...

Exchange server not propogating details to Outlook
Any contact, group, or other object that should display details (if initially empty) by double-clicking it in the GAB or in any non-SMTP e-mail header results in the following error, which is NOT followed by a details dialog. Microsoft Office Outlook Cannot perform the requested operation. The command selected is not valid for this recipient. Microsoft Exchange is not configured to support details templates in your language (English). Using Outlook 2003 & 2007, and MS Exchange 2003. Has anyone seen this error before? Jon John, I am having the same problem. Have you found a res...

excel 2003 + macro help
Please tell me what i'm doing wrong, i want the entire excel document to close?? Call Application.OnTime(Now + TimeValue("00:00:15"), "ThisWorkbook.Auto_Close") Thanks. You have the solution at your other post. Neil Holden wrote: > > Please tell me what i'm doing wrong, i want the entire excel document to > close?? > > Call Application.OnTime(Now + TimeValue("00:00:15"), > "ThisWorkbook.Auto_Close") > > Thanks. -- Dave Peterson Don't know what the Auto_Close is about but this works......

OUTLOOK 2003 JUNK MAIL FILTER for FEB. 2006
I'm running WINDOWS XP Home w/ SP2 and all necessary Office updates for 2000 & 2003, and MICROSOFT DEFENDER BETA 2. The JUNK MAIL FILTER UPDATE for February 2006 will not go into place. I am being required to shut off my machine every time for the update to take place, but it doesn't seem to go into place. What is wrong with this picture? -- E.P. Kida Part Time Defender of the Universe "You May Think I'm A Stranger... But I Ain't No Stranger Than You..." I'm continually getting this update, but I don't have Outlook 2003, what can I do t...

change the text of a custom shape
I'm something of a visio newbie and I imported a set of custom stencils to use to make wireframes with. The problem is that I can't seem to change the text on the shapes when I drag them to the page. Double-clicking doesn't work and Editing the Group detaches it from the stencil, which I don't want. I know there must be some way to edit the text which I'm not seeing - can anyone tell me what that is? On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:22:01 -0800, DesgnLvr <DesgnLvr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm something of a visio newbie and I imported a set of custom ste...

Exchange 5.5 MTA e-mail stuck problem
Dear All, please help our exchange MTA always stuck e-mail in server. We have 4 exchange servers in 3 sites. The problem always in 2 servers. please see below setting server1 ( Window 4.0sp6a & Exchange 5.5sp4) server2 (Window 2000sp4 & exchange 5.5 sp4_ server3 ( window NT 4.0sp6a & exchange 5.5 sp4 ) server4 (window 2000 sp4 & exchange 5.5 sp4) Sever1 & server2 is same network server3 & server4 in oversea Our problem always keep server2 with server3 & server4. We can ping to server3 and server4, we also use "net user //server3 ipc$" command. Pl...

2003 Style Sheets in 2007?
I received a new computer from work, which has Office 2K7 on it. I copied Normal.dot off my backup disc onto this machine, and renamed Normal.dotm to Normal.dotmold. My Macros and keyboard shortcuts came over fine. My "Normal" style is fine. But I had a whole whole bunch of other styles, along with keyboard shortcuts for those styles, that seem to have disappeared! I thought I'd try the Organizer and move the styles over from old documents, but that did not work either. I have been fine-tuning Normal.dot since I gave up MacWrite in 1994... But this, this, t...