Changing domain password via RPC over HTTP

Hi,

Having a FE RPC/HTTP proxy server, and users connected via HTTP.
The Exchange servers are in a Resource domain, and user accounts are in
Accounts domain.
These are remote users, whose clients are not part of the Accounts domain.

When they're prompted to change domain password (first logon), they're
unable to do so.
Outlook 2003 gave back the same prompting window, until their account get
locked out.

Does Outlook connect to the Accounts domain DCs directly for password
changes, or does it goes through the RPC proxy server?

TIA
Shel

0
shel1 (9)

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:25:09 +0800, "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Having a FE RPC/HTTP proxy server, and users connected via HTTP.
>The Exchange servers are in a Resource domain, and user accounts are in
>Accounts domain.
>These are remote users, whose clients are not part of the Accounts domain.
>
>When they're prompted to change domain password (first logon), they're
>unable to do so.
>Outlook 2003 gave back the same prompting window, until their account get
>locked out.
>
>Does Outlook connect to the Accounts domain DCs directly for password
>changes, or does it goes through the RPC proxy server?
>
>TIA
>Shel

You need to make sure you can change the password in OWA first:
http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/42691/42691.html
before looking to Outlook RPC/HTTPS
Can you check that out and advise...
0
mark7219 (5666)
10/14/2004 10:27:36 AM
Hi Mark,

Do you mean that enabling changing password in OWA (on the RPC proxy server)
is equivalent to enabling changing password via RPC/HTTP?

Thanks!

> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:25:09 +0800, "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Having a FE RPC/HTTP proxy server, and users connected via HTTP.
> >The Exchange servers are in a Resource domain, and user accounts are in
> >Accounts domain.
> >These are remote users, whose clients are not part of the Accounts
domain.

> >When they're prompted to change domain password (first logon), they're
> >unable to do so.
> >Outlook 2003 gave back the same prompting window, until their account get
> >locked out.
> >
> >Does Outlook connect to the Accounts domain DCs directly for password
> >changes, or does it goes through the RPC proxy server?
> >
> >TIA
> >Shel
> >

> You need to make sure you can change the password in OWA first:
> http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/42691/42691.html
> before looking to Outlook RPC/HTTPS
> Can you check that out and advise...

0
shel1 (9)

How to delete or permantly change logo in personal settings
When I was just learnng how to do publisher I created a logo and Iwant to change it in the permanant settings for the personal information. I cannot delete it or edit it. Also on the other 3 settings for secondary, home etc. it does not alowany logo at all. Anyone know? Locate the following files and delete them: Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ...

problem with multiple SMTP domains in Exchange Server 2003
Hi there I have added a second SMTP domain to the Email Addresses (Policy) as follows: Recipients > Recipient Policies > Default Policy > Email Addresses (Policy) > New ... > SMTP Address > @xyz.com > (checked) This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery > to this address > Apply. When I do so, I no longer receive external emails on the first SMTP domain (@abc.com). Is this related to relay settings, or perhaps something else? Best regards Loane ...

Passwords #11
When I open outlook express I have it setup to slect a profile. My question is can I set it up to password the profile selection. I would like to select a profile and then be promted for a password. Can this be done ? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&News...

password on backup
Hi, I'm hoping that someone can help me. I was trying to restore a money backup file, but it keeps askinig for a password. The thing is, that i never passprotected the file. I even downloaded a few programs that help you recover a password, but both told me that the file is not password protected. Except that money 2002 keeps telling me otherwise. I even have another copy of the file on disk, but get the same respnces from all. Please help!!!!!!!!!! The most frequent cause for this is outlined at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=152. Believe it or not. "Jeaz" <Jeaz...

RPC over HTTP
Hi I am trying to setup RPC over HTTP service on a Windows 2003 Enterpise server SP1 running Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 I have installed the RPC over HTTP service I have installed the Certificate Authority and issued a certificate to the web site containing the Exchange features. Everytime you visit the https:// site and you install the certificate, you prompted the next time you visit the site again. Its seems that the certificate will not install correctly, this causes Outlook not to connect. any help or tips will be much apperciated. My Link with the certificate https://www....

Install rpc over htttp
i installed small business server 2003. Exchange servers works properly via owa. I used the process described in document entitlled "Exchange Server 2003 RPC over HTTP Deployment Scenarios" in section single server (page #17) "To configure an Exchange Server 2003 SP1 single-server installation to use RPC over HTTP" The pb is that when we take server properties the the RPC-HTTP tab does not appear (rpc over htttp is installed within Windows settings) Thanks for your help Maybe this can help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401 -- Jammy...

Change cell background color based on content that results from li
This could be very simple, but I will lay the groundwork first. I have a schedule spreadsheet that I import data to from a web based program. There are existing filters to remove all formatting of the data and remove that which we do not use. What remains is a non formatted sheet that other workbooks link to so we can produce daily sheets. Now the data that is linked on the other sheets may be for example the number 150. It appears throughout the sheet and I would like to color any cell that contains the number 150. The problem is I can't search for 150 because it reall...

Save a Copy/Overwrite changes dialog box
All of a sudden, this dialog box pops up every time I want to save something in Excel 2002. The box says, "The file '<file name>' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do? __ Save a Copy __ Overwrite changes even though I'm the only user that's changed anything in the past 3 years. The shared workbook command has not been changed at all, so that can't be the problem. The settings are the same as the ones I have at home for personal spreadsheets that don't have this dialog box. Help! Than...

Query emails coming to a specific domain
Hello; We have about 5 domains on our exchange server that we receive email from. We are in the process of not renewing one of our domains but would like to check to see if email from that domain is still coming through. Is there any way to do that? I tried the Message Tracking Center with the *.domain.com but it didn't like that. It wanted a specific user. Thanks Check SMTP logs as well. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <nospam@newsgroup.com> wrote in message news:...

DNS Question
Hello All, I am working with a customer that has 2 Small Biz servers in the same office. These are on 2 domains, but the same subnet. I am having trouble getting mail to route between the 2 domains. Each is Small Biz server 2003. Domain A has a public IP of 72.151.19.122 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.78. Domain B has a public IP of 72.151.19.123 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.250. We are using a Netgear firewall and inbound and outbound mail between each of these domains and the rest of the world works fine. They just can't seem to talk to each other. I would think this woul...

How to change GAL from outlook
Hello I posted this to the other group but this might be more suitable: Background: I'm now connected to our domain example.local. Domain controller is W2K and has Exchange 2000 installed. I have Outlook 2002 on my XP pro. Address book and mails are working fine. Problem: I need change my Outlook to connect to other Exchange (let's call it E2) outside of our domain. I have managed to do that but Outlook shows global address book from my domain instead of E2. I don't need to use old exchange anymore but there are users that are still connected to the old one so I cannot...

Change the icon on Microsoft apps files?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone tell me how to change the icon on a Microsoft file/shortcut = -- for example, an excel spreadsheet or MCE recording? ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META con...

how do i change or remove a signiture that is under outo text hea.
Someone please help i am using outlook 2003 and i am triyng to change a signiture that is under auto text. to get into it i open a message push insert then outo text then signiture. I want to change it. I have closed the untilted message gone to tools then options then mail format then signitures then remove all the signitures but the signiture under insert and outo text is still there See if this helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051860291033.aspx -- Bill R "nearly bald with frustration" <nearly bald with frustration@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Changing default address book from Global to Contacts
I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing the Global Adress book from our internal network to opening our shared business contacts when you click the "To:" button when addressing a new email. Does anybody know how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance. Go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose which Contacts folder to show first. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brad Streeeer" <brad@aerospecialties.com> wrote in message news:0b2501c3c3f4$f69d8220$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing &...

Getting back a deleted test frame after saving the changes
My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't allow you to undo? On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:04:01 +0100, Denise wrote (in article <09056FDE-03FC-4988-8AB0-D1EA0896BFC7@microsoft.com>): > My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text > frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is > there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't a...

Creating users via powershell
I am using the windows powershell cmdlets to set up new users automatically in AD 2003. I am particularly using the cmdlets from quest such get-qaduser and new-qaduser. To setup bulk number of users I have to setup a csv file and then import them into the script. The script is below: #Get-UserGroups.ps1 #sample CSV heading # "Name,Firstname,Lastname,SAMAccountname,Telephone,Office,Department,Title,City,Company" $file="C:\employees.csv" if ((Get-Item $file -ea "silentlycontinue" ).exists) { Import-Csv $file | ForEach-Object { ...

changing entry's quickly #4
I have aproximately 5000 entries for product codes. My problem is this: I need to get rid of the last two digits of each code quickly. For example: I need to change 0234600 to 02346 is there a simple wa to do this? It needs to be done in text format because of the zero a the start of each product. Thank -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39095 ...

How to change caption on 'apply' button in a CPropertySheet-derived class?
Hi, Does anyone know how to change the caption on the 'apply' button in a CPropertySheet-derived class? I derived a class CPlotSettingsDialog1. Here is it's OnCreate. int CPlotSettingsDialog1::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CPropertySheet::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; CRect WindowRect; GetWindowRect(&WindowRect); WindowRect.bottom = WindowRect.bottom + 60; MoveWindow(&WindowRect); return 0; } all the code does is make the bottom of the property sheet a bit longer. It still has the 3 default buttons. I need to either re-caption t...

columns changed to numbers instead of letters?
I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. Thanks Mike In Excel Options uncheck "R1C1 Reference Style" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 20:25:30 -0400, Mike <no_please@not.com> wrote: >I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and >forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] >I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. >Thanks >Mike ...

send email when case notes change?
Hello, Is there any way to configure the workflow so that an email can be sent when the notes of a case have changed? Thanks, Shan McArthur - VP, Technology ADXSTUDIO Inc. | 200 - 1445 Park Street | Regina, SK Canada | S4N 4C5 Tel: 306.569.6502 | Toll-Free: 800.508.7811 ext. 502 | Fax: 306.569.8518 You cannot create a workflow for note. I think the only way to achive your goal is to write a custom PostUpdate callout for the Annotation (Note). You could check if the note is related to the entity of type "case" (objecttypecode) and only then send some custom e-mail. ...

New Exchange Routing Group in child domain / site
I have just finished installing a child domain (leaf node) and installing a exchange server for that new domain. First problem I had was that when my email was coming in via the main domain it was sending some of the public folder emails over to the sub domain (witch I had not configured for public folders) So I placed each domain in its own routing group, created a routing connect (both ways) pointing at each other as well as SMTP Connectors with * and cost of 1 (all default settings in each location / routing group. These server will be split via a T1 and both will receive email (ma...

number changes to date ... how do I change
I am trying to do an "age" range: 1-9 10-19 20-29 Instead I get September 9, 2004 or October 19 I can't figure out how to change it. Please help! Thank you! kk Format->Cells->Number Change the type to Text, and it should keep everything the way you want it. If you don't specify a type, Excel takes a guess based on what you enter. Hope that helps. -Bob --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

No PostUpdate callout when change owner?
I have craeted an audit function but I don't get any post update callouts when i change the owner of an entity alla other attributes works fine. How do i get post update callout for owner change? In the callout config file i use @all to track all attributes. // Mats Changing the owner generates a PostAssign post callout. Just as changing the state generates a PostState post callout. And deleting a record generates a PostDelete post callout. etc... (BTW, you can save a whole lot of time, and purchase an audit solution that will work for all CRM 3.0 entities, custom fields, and cu...

How to change ALL comma in a CEdit into double byte comma?
Hi, I use Visual C++ 4.2. I've got questions here: I have to change an application behavior here, there is a CEdit in the application which receive user input. The change I should make is : If there is a comma ( , ) character, I must change it into double-byte comma ( usually in Kanji / Japanese writing ) How to change those all comma characters to <space> character? Thank you very much. I would make sure the program is compiled to use Unicode. Then modify the strings to contain the characters you need before adding them to the edit controls (before call to SetWindowText()...

Permitting relaying to specific domain
Platform: Windows 2003, Exchange 2000 sp2. I'm working with two e-mail domains in my exchange server, with the primary e-mail address @yyyy.com, I can send/recieve e-mail using pop3, but I'm not able to do the same with the second e-mail address @xxxx.com, with this address I just can recieve e-mail, but when I try to send I recieve the relay error 550. Any help will be appreciated. Thank You. Create connector for that domain and in Address Space tab set "Allow messages to be relayed to this domains". javier wrote: > Platform: > > Windows 2003, Exchang...