Changing account associated with mailbox?

The ADC has associated a couple of mailboxes with accounts that I'd
sooner not have them associated with.

Am I right in thinking I can delete/disconnect the mailbox, then use the
cleanup agent to reconnect the mailbox to a new AD account?

I'd like to be sure I'm doing it the best/right way.

cheers,
Paul
--
paul@spamcop.net
0

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:54:34 +0000, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>The ADC has associated a couple of mailboxes with accounts that I'd
>sooner not have them associated with.
>
>Am I right in thinking I can delete/disconnect the mailbox, then use the
>cleanup agent to reconnect the mailbox to a new AD account?
>
>I'd like to be sure I'm doing it the best/right way.
>
>cheers,
>Paul

So long as you have deleted mailbox retention time set to more than 0
then yes, you can do as you suggest.

0
mark7219 (5666)

Changing SOP Allocation Method
We currently have all our order types set to allocate by line. We're considering changing that to allocate by order/batch. Has anyone out there made a similar process change? If so I'd like to know how you accomplished the change and what problems you ran into. Any suggestions on the easiest way to de-allocate lines? -- Jim@TurboChef You will need to update the SOP10100.ALLOCABY field for your unposted transactions to make this change affect documents that have already been entered. To de-allocate lines you need to run a query to update the ATYALLOC in SOP10200 and IV00102...

Updating Accounts #2
I just upgraded to Money Plus Deluxe (Have XP) When I go into Money it states its "updating account" and my CPU usage is at 99% when I run Money. There are NO accounts that are being automatically updated as I do them all manually. The "updating accounts" icon stays up until I finally have to turn off computer because I cannot work on any other part of money as it says it is doing an online function. PLEASE HELP.. It also goes online to seek its own updates. Do you have SSL2 enabled in Internet Options? Do you have firewall software enabled beyond the XP firewall...

Word default paper size- networked user accounts
Word 2004- processors various, OS 10.5 How do I get Word to default to A4 (instead of US letter) for networked accounts? Hi Jeremy: The succinct answer to this is "By ensuring that your operating system locality preferences are set correctly before you install." Microsoft Office picks up all its global settings from the "Language and Text" system preferences in OS 10.6 (I think they were called something else in 10.5). If this has been done wrongly at installation, you need to set the System Preferences correctly and then delete the individual user's...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Unable to connect to other users mailbox
Hello, I’ve just added a second exchange server to our Org, and found that users on the new server can not open mailboxes on the old server after I moved their mailbox, which they were able to do before the migration. It’s been 2 days now so I know AD replication is not the issue. When someone attempts to open a mailbox on the old server, Outlook (2003) throws the error: “Unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened.” I have read article 830830 from the knowledge base. I did not follow the instructions because the msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor attribute exi...

Forward misspelled names to user account if doman is correct.
Is it possible to catch for instance a misspelled name like moike@domain.com that should be mike@domain.com and forward it to another account? It should be able to pick up anything (like *@domain.com) and forward it to joe@domain.com. Thanks in advance. Mike Are you really sure that you want to do this? If so, you can take a look at the methods listed here. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catcha.html -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "pakitloss" <pakitloss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24DB863D-49F5-457A-BA47-B7D26F422...

E-Mail accounts delayed in being available
When I create a new network user and exchange account the email address is delayed in showing up in the contact lists. It used to show up immediately, but now there is a big delay. Is there some setting I need to change to speed up synchronization? Thanks, Kevin On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:39:01 -0800, KJacks <KJacks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I create a new network user and exchange account the email address is >delayed in showing up in the contact lists. It used to show up immediately, >but now there is a big delay. Is there some setting I need to change to spe...

Where to change my own internet adress in "FROM:" field?
I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server. My own eMail address is presented to recipients as Aaaaa.Bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Note: mixing of capital and lower letters I want my email address completely changed to lower letters: aaaaa.bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Where in Outlook can I change this? or is this a setting in Exchange Server ? Joe This is a setting in ADUC/Exchange. I would guess that everyone is set up with the same format throughout the company. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Joe deAngelo" wr...

Change QuickFind to search contains
Hello, Is there a way to change the QuickFind to use the contains operator rather than begins with? Custom dev or third party recommendations are fine. Thanks. simply put a wildcard * in front of your search term in the query box and it will match the defined search fields for that entitiy type on a 'like" (contains) basis. ...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Stop delivery from an account
How would I keep a single email address from an outside domain from being delivered to someone inside our domain? An employee who is currently suspended has been communicating with someone inside our organization and I'm concerned what may go out. What version of Exchange? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Chris Hall" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OkKkTBAAGHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How would I keep a single email address from an outside domain fr...

Mapping Associated Entities when Converting a Lead to an Account
I have a Lead record that, over time, has had one or more items from a custom entity (Many-to-1 relationship) associated with it. (This is somewhat akin to multiple Contacts associated to a single Account record.) When I convert the Lead to an Account, I would like those associated records to also be associated with the newly-created Account record. Is this possible? Something similar is happening when creating a quote from an Opportunity. In this situation, the associated product items are associated with the new quote. So, I'm hoping that it can be done in other situations....

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

Mailbox Manager questions
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003, sp1. Is there a tutorial somewhere that shows how to specificy groups/users for the mailbox management selection. When I get into the window to select users, it doesn't select them the way I'm asking. i.e. I try and select a security group and it selects a few users. I also can't seem to select multiple users correctly. Lastly, we would like to archive old Calendar items. The problem seems to be that if we archive recurring meetings that they will get deleted on future items. Thanks, Sun ...

can't associate .pps with email attachment vista
-- marianne dagher You need to make the explanation / question a little clearer and please don't just use the subject area, the big message area just down a bit is easier to read!. "mariane" <mariane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB4464FA-51BA-473C-9E5A-9013262D9EC0@microsoft.com... > > -- > marianne dagher > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus > signature database 4849 (20100208) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com ...

Changing Series names
Is there any way to change the titles of series in the chart and not on the spreadsheet? If you want the legend text for the series to be different from the name in the spreadsheet, try selecting: chart source data series tab and typing the new label in the 'name' box. This should break the series name's link to the spreadsheet --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Colours change unexpectedly for pie charts and graphs in Excel 200
Hi I have a user who is using Office 2003 and namely Excel who is has created pie-charts and graphs. At the time of creation the colours are correct, however, when saved and reopened the colours alter. Also if the user logs off then logs on the colours appear correct briefly. The file is in on a shared server and other users also see it in the corrupt colour state. Resolutions tried are, reset the colour palette, checked for a file in XLStart folder, checked if macros are present. Ran detect and repair, installed service packs. I would be grateful for any advice or if others have had ...

Changing font in rich text table
I want to standardise the font of all data in a table's rich text field. If I use: Dim DB As Database Dim rst As Recordset Dim strSQL As String Set DB = CurrentDb() strSQL = "SELECT tblReportTermly.Aims FROM tblReportTermly;" Set rst = DB.OpenRecordset(strSQL) Do Until rst.EOF With rst .MoveFirst .Edit !Aims.FontName = "Calibri" !Aims.FontSize = "11" .Update .MoveNext End With Loop i get "Object doesn't support this property or method". Am I approaching this incorrectly? ...

Change Font Color Based on Classification
Can I have the Font color in a specific row be a certain color based on a value in one cell in that row. I am looking at data for different room types classified as A,B,C,D or E. Each row is for a different room with one of those classifications. I want the whole row to dislay one or five different font colors (respectivley) based on the classification. How can I do this, Scott for 5 colors you need to use VBA to get it If four were acceptable use Conditional formating (one default and three conditional) I "sip8316" wrote: > Can I have the Font color in a specifi...

New Exchange 2003 mailboxes not accessible via OWA 5.5
We successfully migrated our old mail server with Exchange 5.5/Windows 2000 to a new mail server running Exchange 2003/Windows 2003. All * old * user accounts and mailboxes are working fine and are accessible as before via our unchanged OWA 5.5 on our unchanged Windows 2000 web server (we currently do have not the resources to upgrade this server as well). The problem is that after adding some * new * users to Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 these users cannot access their mailboxes via OWA 5.5 as they receive the following error after successful authentication: "The Microsoft Exchange Se...

Change Envelope Address
Hi Exhange 5.5 Currently we using our exchange server to relay mail from our SGI server. The from address from the SGI is nobody@cdspubs.com and the Subject is generic ID. Can exchange upon relay change the envelope i.e. change the From: address to example jason@cdspubs.com and Subject: to Files Uploaded (maintaining the correct T0: and body content). The only envelopes that need to be changed are from nobody@cdspubs.com If so how would I go about it Thanks Jason 5.5 is not going to be very good at it. What might work better is an event synch on a W2K3 box in between them. Ma...

CRM, public folders, Outlook, Small Business Accounting, SmartPhone
It seems like syncing with public folders is a common request. I think that this is a critical feature since everyone needs to share contacts. Why would CRM require that each user have a separate folder that we have to manually sync? Am I missing something? Does anyone have any input on this? When an appointment is created in a user's Outlook Calendar, does it sync into CRM? and vice versa? Or does a user have to use two different calendars (dumb)? but maybe I'm mising something. Does CRM integrate with Small Business Accounting? I notice that the interface is similar. Is any...

Good GL Account Assignment Table for Quickbooks pro 2010
Hi all, Could you please send me a sample of your working GL accounts for Quickbooks pro 2010. I had a inbalance error when posting to Quickbooks. I understand that each system has differrent settings for GL Acount. However I would like to compare my setting to a working setting. My email address is dcnm1999-rockryno(at)yahoo.com Thank you Tom ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - ...