Change <value> in outlook

We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD
accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2 accounts.
When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name
<oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in
profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box. Is
there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I
tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result.

Thanks

You can delete the nickname files.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"exchangerookie1994" <exchangerookie1994@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A76EF4AA-15DF-46E1-9B79-179FDAAD3B00@microsoft.com...
> We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD
> accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2
> accounts.
> When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name
> <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in
> profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box.
> Is
> there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I
> tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result.
>
> Thanks

0
curspice6401 (3487)
11/16/2006 9:35:33 PM
Have you changed the alias names?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"exchangerookie1994" <exchangerookie1994@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A76EF4AA-15DF-46E1-9B79-179FDAAD3B00@microsoft.com...
> We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD
> accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2
> accounts.
> When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name
> <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in
> profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box.
> Is
> there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I
> tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result.
>
> Thanks

0
curspice6401 (3487)
11/16/2006 9:36:26 PM
Yes I have changed aliases. Is there a hidden attribute accesible with asdi
edit? I have looked eveywere I can think of, and deleted nickname files. Like
I said when I delete nickname files and send to one of the renamed accounts
the very next time the old nameis back as renamed account <old name>

Thanks for the reply

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Have you changed the alias names?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "exchangerookie1994" <exchangerookie1994@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A76EF4AA-15DF-46E1-9B79-179FDAAD3B00@microsoft.com...
> > We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD
> > accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2
> > accounts.
> > When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name
> > <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in
> > profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box.
> > Is
> > there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I
> > tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result.
> >
> > Thanks

No, there's no hidden attribute, but Outlook tends to cache these things.
You might refresh the sender's profile.
--

message news:B923F9B6-013A-428E-A5FF-95ECBFCC9BC4@microsoft.com...
> Yes I have changed aliases. Is there a hidden attribute accesible with
> asdi
> edit? I have looked eveywere I can think of, and deleted nickname files.
> Like
> I said when I delete nickname files and send to one of the renamed
> accounts
> the very next time the old nameis back as renamed account <old name>
>
> Thanks for the reply
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Have you changed the alias names?
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "exchangerookie1994" <exchangerookie1994@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:A76EF4AA-15DF-46E1-9B79-179FDAAD3B00@microsoft.com...
>> > We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD
>> > accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2
>> > accounts.
>> > When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account
>> > name
>> > <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in
>> > profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down
>> > box.
>> > Is
>> > there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I
>> > tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result.
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
curspice6401 (3487)