The headers on the outbound emails show the internal DNS name of our
exchange server; obviously this won't resolve properly at the
destination.

How/where in Exchange 5.5 can I force the IMC to use a real fqdn on
outbound mail?

Thanks!

Frinky
0
taxi3174 (1)

You can do this in TCP/IP properties\Advanced\DNS tab of machine. And
yes, this is not just for Exchange, so you may consider forwarding all
outgoing mail to some relay server (your firewall or ISP's server).

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com

0
kpalagin5422 (293)
6/5/2004 4:53:00 PM
I'm having this problem or at least one similiar.
When an email goes out from my Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows
2000, the email header reports that it is from
internalname.domain.com. I want it to report that it is from
mail.domain.com.
How do I get Exchange to attach a different name to the header instead
of using the Windows name of the server?
Thanks for any help,
Craig

"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@pleaseno.mail.phxint.ru> wrote in message news:<#IlCp2xSEHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> You can do this in TCP/IP properties\Advanced\DNS tab of machine. And
> yes, this is not just for Exchange, so you may consider forwarding all
> outgoing mail to some relay server (your firewall or ISP's server).
>
> Professor Frink wrote:
>
> > The headers on the outbound emails show the internal DNS name of our
> > exchange server; obviously this won't resolve properly at the
> > destination.
> >
> > How/where in Exchange 5.5 can I force the IMC to use a real fqdn on
> > outbound mail?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Frinky
0
jcalbers (3)

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

multiple Domain name delivery problem

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

New Disk storage

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

How to restore entire server?

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

adding name /creating field/query?

error 0x800cc0f

how do i change colour of scroll bar in worksheet
I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? Are the scrollbars white in other applications? In win98, I could change some display settings, but I couldn't change the scrollbar colors. But if the scrollbars aren't white in other applications, then this can't be the solution. Jayne wrote: > > I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they > are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? -- Dave Peterson In word they are, but not on a...

error on upgrade: ID 4386

DNS Error on Exchange