Change HTML Format to Plain Text Format - Registery Setting

We would like to change 500 Outlook XP and 2003 clients to use Plain Text for emails rather than Rich Text or HTML.  Is there a registery key I can modify, save and email out to all clients to automatically change the settings

If you have any suggestions please let me know

Thank

Kevin
0
anonymous (74722)

HTML in a message
Hey all, I am using Outlook 2002 and have set up an HTML signature file. To avoid the BS HTML which MS insist on bloating all files with, I have manually creating and placed the file in the signature directory. When I insert the signature, it doesn't appear correctly BUT......if I drag the file to the address bar it does! Also, after dragging it to the address bar, I can do Insert, Signature and the new signature appears fine! What is the difference between these two messages? TIA The Morbid One ...

A formula that displays the last letter in a text
I frequently use text in cells. I use MID and LEN often enough, but is there a formula that will display the last letter in a text that will often vary in length. Thanks. Michael =RIGHT(A1,1) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <MichaelRLanier@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0983e9df-8991-43ff-ab3a-09ee5450fbd6@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I frequently use text in cells. I use MID and LEN often enough, but > is there a formula that will display the last letter in a text that > will often vary in length. Thanks. > > Michael Hi Michael =MID(A1,...

Change the space used for my x-axis labels
Can anybody help me? I have an column chart with words as labels. My problem is that I can't change the space used for the labels, that is some labels is in two or three lines and I would like to use more room for the labels and less room for the chart itself. But when I make the chart smaller then the labels just are dragged upwards - how do I prevent that?? ...

Conditional Formatting question...
Is there a way to have Excel look in a particular cell, and if the value in the cell meets a requirement (such as Complete), then shade the entire row a different color? I can use conditional formatting to get the one cell shaded, but I can't get the rest of the row to be shaded. Thanks! Dino Try using an absolute reference in your Conditional Format formula. For example, if the cell that contains the value "complete" is A1, then refer to it as $A$1. "Dino" wrote: > Is there a way to have Excel look in a particular cell, and if the value in > the ce...

Row heights Changed by Sorting
I have an excel spreadsheet of 279 rows: a 4-row header and 25 sets of 11 rows each. Row heights within each set have been set individually, though the pattern is common to each set. When the 275 non-header rows are sorted as a group, the row heights of most, but not all, of the final 2 rows of each set are changed. The heights of the first 9 rows of each set are not changed. The final row of each set is empty except for one cell. The cell in the selected sort column is empty. The one non-empty cell contains numeric data in another sort key column. Row 11 formatting consi...

The data in my form is changing after the status is closed
I have a form which is based on a query for invoicing. I have some client who have been invoiced for their service and not their status is closed. If this person returns as a client and I set the new contract year and I go to the invoicing form to invoice for their new serivce the prior year contract year information for the service which has already been closed is no longer there. I want to keep this data as read only, but still be able to add new information. ...

How can I change which cell is selected next, other than Down, Le.
I know there should be a simple answer to this question, but I can't find it on the "Help" menu. Hi Bethany tools / options / edit "move selection after enter" -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Bethany" <Bethany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50CD805D-F385-4457-9363-5C3A3EF7825D@microsoft.com... >I know there should be a simple answer to this question, but I can't find >it > on the "Help" menu. tools->options->edit and select one of...

tracking changes with insert comment
Hi Again all, second time poster here. I was wondering if anyone knows of away to programatically Insert Comment for a certain range of cells into that cell when the value changes so that the comment Will read: "Old Value was:###" Thanks again!! PS All the cells have conditional formatting (don't know if that makes a difference) Consider a non VBA method using the Tools-->Track Changes feature. It shares the workbook, but if it's on your network drive or local hard drive no one should be able to open it. You can also restrict who views it if others will have access to i...

Independently Formatting Columns and Rows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to independently format the width of a column on specific cells? In other words, if I wanted to change the width of the cells in the middle of the document, can I do so without affecting the width of the cells above it and below it? On 2010-05-28 12:40:38 -0400, monks617@officeformac.com said: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Is there a way to independently format the width of a column on > specific cells? In other words, if I want...

"conditional formatting" "#values"
I have a formula that works fine but... some of the cells show #values, what i would like to do is conditional formatting them to white font if = #values. Any pointers? many thanks Try this: Select the cells to be impacted (I'll assume A1:A10, with A1 as the active cell) From the Excel main menu: <format><conditional formatting> Condition_1 Formula is: =ISERROR(A1) Click the [Formatting] button.....set the White font....Click the [OK] buttons. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Dewi..." wrote: > I have a formula that works fine bu...

Time format as hh:mm:ss
When inputing time as above, Excel is thinking it is a Time as AM or PM, but actually it is a lapsed time. How do I get it to do just hh:mm:ss? Without placing in the : each time would be a timesaver as well. Regards, -- Dennis Hi Dennis, Choose another date format from the Format>Cells>Number tab>Time list. If there isn't any without AM/PM, use a Custom format and format as hh:mm:ss (or choose other time settings in Windows International) Actually Excel doesn't know the difference between elapsed time and a point in time. Technically there is no difference; a point...

Wrap Text from one cell to another cell
I want type all my text into C111 (1-3 pages worth). I want this text to automatically wrap to D111 to E111 to F111 to G111, etc. The cell appears to have a maximum limit of characters. Please help. "bras" wrote: > I want type all my text into C111 (1-3 pages worth). I want this text to > automatically wrap to D111 to E111 to F111 to G111, etc. > > The cell appears to have a maximum limit of characters. Copied from the help file:- Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar. Have y...

Text in textbox is indented?
Hi, I have typed some text into a textbox. Then I think I messed with some text settings and as a result, my text is indented from the second line of each paragraph onward. Something like this: ---------------------- The text in my textbox ****begins here, ****however as you ****can see it is ****indented from ****the second line ****onward. If I start a new line ****however, the ****first line is not ****indented. ---------------------- {picture attached} I've clicked the decrease indent button many times but that doesn't change anything. Any ideas? ...

formatting or moving a radar chart's axis labels
I am attempting to change the orientation of a radar chart's axis labels. Its orientation seems locked in place immediately to the left of the 360=B0 gridline. I would like the ability to display the axis labels directly over the range rings and along other gridlines, such as 180=B0 or 270=B0. With other charts, the formatting option allows one to select "high", "low", or "next to axis" to change the position of the axis. This maneuver seems to have no affect whatsoever on a radar chart. As a final resort, I suppose I could turn the axis labels off...

Formula for changing Text Color??
I don't know if this is even possible. What I would like to do is t input a number into a column in sheet 1 and have a correspondin number (which is already there) change font color in sheet two. So input a number, say 3 in C10 on sheet 1 and the number 3 which is i sheet 2 (c10) changes from black to red. Is this possible? thanks very much -- dan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- danh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27420 You ...

import fixed-length text file into excel
- 2 2299 Del Pietro M Wintervill NC 1:18:26 2:44:0 2:44:11 6:16 - 1 2045 Robert Marchinko M Salisbury NC 1:15:34 2:31:1 2:31:20 5:47 I have a text file where each field starts at same column and of th same length in each record. I tried cut&Paste, I tried opening it in excel as a tab delimited file I tried as a fixed-length file None of these worked. Data came in scrambled or into scrunched columns If the data were a table then cut&paste works great. What's the secret in loading above 2 records into Excel? I couldn' simulate the look ...

CButton: Change size based upon text extent
I'd like to dynamically change the size of my CButton derived control based upon the text/bitmap size. So if the application calls SetWindowText during program flow the button rect will update. What's the best way to capture this and override the rect size? Thanks Eric You can use SetWindowPos to change its size. You can handle WM_SETTEXT and see what text is being set to, calculate the size of the button, change its size and then call the base class handler. --- Ajay "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1145984489.865667.169280@e56...

How to Enable merge and center icon on the formating toolbar?
In the formating toolbar Merge and Center Icon is in disable condition. So that i could not merge the required cells which i want. Could u please help me in this issue to enabling that icon in the formating toolbar. Jyothi, Unprotect the worksheet, and that button will become available. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Jyothi" <Jyothi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A348F3C1-8D49-495C-BCEE-9C0DAF6BF6AA@microsoft.com... > In the formating toolbar Merge and Center Icon is in disable condition. So > that i could not merge the required cells which i want. >...

Can we set the UI color scheme via VB[A} or XML?
Does anyone know a way to set the color scheme for the UI, using VB[A} or XML? Can this even be done? Thanks -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc Sorry for not qualifying the Excel version. It's v12 or higher. -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc ...

biweekly formatting
Is there a way to format a date to be a unique format for biweekly dates I don't any other replies yet so try this If you have the date in A1 =IF(ISEVEN(A1-WEEKDAY(A1,1)+6),A1-WEEKDAY(A1,1)+6,A1- WEEKDAY(A1,1)+6-7) will return a biweekly Friday =A1=B1 in C1 returns true if A1 is a bi-weekly friday Conditional format A1 based on c1 = "true" To change the day, alter the +6 to +1 for Sunday through +7 for Saturday If you get the wrong week, change Iseven to Isodd I hope to see a more elegant solution posted. Because of circular logic I can't this formula into conditional for...

Chart disappears in Excel 2000 after scale is changed
When the scale of the chart is changed, the chart disappears. The chart and its data are on the same worksheet. ...

slow outlook after changed adress of exchange server
after we have migrated accounts from one to another mailserver the outlook2000 clients (after changing te settings) are very slow and sometimes they even hang. I supose there are some cached settings....but can's find them. Who can helpme out. P.S. deleting the profile and making a new one works, but there must be another way.... ...

Changing name on windows e-mail
My windows e-mail hasn't been working.Still want to keep the same one I HAVE ON FACEBOOK. Please explain in more detail. "southernlady@att.net" <southernlady@att.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E674E4C3-6ED5-490E-82F1-22F43FA17256@microsoft.com... > My windows e-mail hasn't been working.Still want to keep the same one I > HAVE > ON FACEBOOK. Windows Mail does not have anything to do with your email address. Your email provider dictates what that address would be. Email providers actually provide you with an email...

PDF Format for Excel
Can Excel spreadsheets be save in PDF format? Thom, Excel can't save files directly to PDF files. You need a third party product like Adobe's Acrobat (full version, not just the free Reader), or something like PDF995 (www.pdf995.com) . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Thom" <thancox@lgbcpa.com> wrote in message news:090401c3cfb4$a5eef630$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can Excel spreadsheets be save in PDF format? Thom, Yes, but you need a program capable of doing so... A popular one is Adobe Acrob...

How do I clear the formating of the area OUTSIDE my chart on my w.