change exchange name suffix

Hi

We need to change our exchange server 'name' suffix.
The situation is that we have a local DNS domain 'bs.si' where all our
company computers and server are (Win2k srv AD)
We have also external domain 'bs-group.si' that is also for delivering mail
(mx record). The Exchange server name is 'posta'
Now when someone connects to Exchange server from outside via port 25 it
responds like '220 posta.bs.si ...', but I want that the response will be
like '220 posta.bs-group.si'.  So that mail that is coming from our server
will be seen like that is coming from a real domain name
'posta.bs-group.si'.  Can this be done and how?
Thanks in advance
Miha

You should try to change the name under the SMTP virtual server of the
Exchange server rather than changing the name of the physical machine.
Open Exchange 2003 System Manager
Find the Exchange Server in Question and open the Protocols Folder
Open the SMTP Folder
Right Click and Select Properties on the SMTP Virtual Server (Default SMTP
Virtual Server)
Go to the Delivery tab
Click the Advanced Button
Change the Fully-qualified domain name:  to be your external DNS namespace
(posta.bs-group.si). Click OK, Apply,
Then restart the SMTP service on the server.
This worked in the lab to get the server to respond using the new namespace.

--
Steven Halsey
Stevhal@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> We need to change our exchange server 'name' suffix.
> The situation is that we have a local DNS domain 'bs.si' where all our
> company computers and server are (Win2k srv AD)
> We have also external domain 'bs-group.si' that is also for delivering
> mail (mx record). The Exchange server name is 'posta'
> Now when someone connects to Exchange server from outside via port 25 it
> responds like '220 posta.bs.si ...', but I want that the response will be
> like '220 posta.bs-group.si'.  So that mail that is coming from our server
> will be seen like that is coming from a real domain name
> 'posta.bs-group.si'.  Can this be done and how?
> Thanks in advance
> Miha

0
Stevhal (19)
9/14/2004 6:18:54 PM
I set that and it is working just the way we wanted. Thank you very much for
your help.
Best regards
Miha

"Steven Halsey [MSFT]" <Stevhal@Online.Microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You should try to change the name under the SMTP virtual server of the
> Exchange server rather than changing the name of the physical machine.
> Open Exchange 2003 System Manager
> Find the Exchange Server in Question and open the Protocols Folder
> Open the SMTP Folder
> Right Click and Select Properties on the SMTP Virtual Server (Default SMTP
> Virtual Server)
> Go to the Delivery tab
> Click the Advanced Button
> Change the Fully-qualified domain name:  to be your external DNS namespace
> (posta.bs-group.si). Click OK, Apply,
> Then restart the SMTP service on the server.
> This worked in the lab to get the server to respond using the new
> namespace.
>
> --
> Steven Halsey
> Stevhal@online.microsoft.com
> Microsoft Exchange
>
> Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.

> rights.
>

> "Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> We need to change our exchange server 'name' suffix.
>> The situation is that we have a local DNS domain 'bs.si' where all our
>> company computers and server are (Win2k srv AD)
>> We have also external domain 'bs-group.si' that is also for delivering
>> mail (mx record). The Exchange server name is 'posta'
>> Now when someone connects to Exchange server from outside via port 25 it
>> responds like '220 posta.bs.si ...', but I want that the response will be
>> like '220 posta.bs-group.si'.  So that mail that is coming from our
>> server will be seen like that is coming from a real domain name
>> 'posta.bs-group.si'.  Can this be done and how?
>> Thanks in advance
>> Miha

Hyperlink has changed on file re-opening
[Excel 2002, Win XP Pro] Hi All, i have cells in a sheet whose cell contents are hyperlinked to wor documents. the hyperlink is generated using VBA. part of the fil name includes the '[' and ']' characters (square brackets) when the macro is run, everything works fine (click in one of the cell and the appropriate word file opens) BUT when the workbook is closed an re-opened, the '[' & ']' is changed to '%5b' and '%5d' respectivel (which i guess is some srt of charatcer code for those symbols) if the hyperlink macro is re-run, it 're...

VBA Worksheet Event Change or Selection Question, please assist me
Two fantastic people were kind enough to provide me these two codes below, and now I'm trying to see if I can expand it to include other columns and data in a worksheet. Code 1: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myC As Range If Intersect(Target, Range("P:P")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents =3D False For Each myC In Intersect(Target, Range("P:P")) Range("Q" & myC.Row).Value =3D Date - Target.Value Next myC Application.EnableEvents =3D True End Sub Code 2: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Tar...

Removing Exchange User Attributes and the ADC
We merged an ADMTv2 created user account with an ADC created Contact, rather that the ADC created Disabled User. We would now like to get rid of the user account's association with the Contact info and merge the user account w/the ADC Disabled user; however, when we try to do that - using the ADClean util. - ADClean tells us we cannot as the user account is already mail enabled. Removing the existing Exchange Attributes on the users account suggests its self, however, when we go to do that all sorts of warnings come up (I'm somewhat familiar with the issues but need more insi...

Paycheck name is always different
Hello all. Every 2 weeks my incoming paycheck is automatically debited to my account. The Payee is always listed differently, as each transaction has a ";ID=234" or some number at the end. Is there a way to make Money always recognize this as the same payee? I just started Money today (been at it for a few hours now :) and I believe that I need the payee to be the same in order for Money to flag them all the same. Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, Matt wrote: >Hello all. Every 2 weeks my incoming paycheck is automatically debited to my >account. The Payee is alw...

Page break in publisher to change from portraite to landscape
I am trying to change one page from portrate to landscape without effecting the rest of the pages, but each time i try it effects all the pages. I know in word you can select page break. Is there something similar in publisher as i am unable to find this? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/publisher/200707/1 Pub 2000 here and for me to do what you want I must leave the page in question as portrait and turn the text and images 90�. -- Don Vancouver, USA "chedd via OfficeKB.com" <u18187@uwe> wrote in message news:75f1cac2d1fca@...

Exchange Administrator #2
Hey, I just installed Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. But when i open up Exchange Adminstrator, I keep on getting this error message, how do i fix this problem? Error: Title: Microsoft Exchange Administrator Message: A Connection could not be made to the microsoft exchange server computer 'EXCH'. The Microsoft exchange server computer does not respond. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_Communications_Problem You use Exchange System Manager, and ADUC - not Exchange Administrator, to manage E2000/2003. Did you have a 5.x server before? erbeh wrote: > Hey, >...

Button or key to conditionally change text foreground color?
I would like to find some quick method (some sort of visible button or hotkey) for the user of a worksheet to change the text foreground color for certain cells in a block of cells (A1:I9) to some specific color if and only if the cell is blank. I.e. when the user hits this "red" key/button, every empty cell in A1:I9 gets a new foreground text color--red. Nothing would be immediately apparent, as these are empty cells, but as soon as the user starts entering values into these cells, the data would be shown in red... a "make all new data red" button/key. Is this possible?...

Changing a cell color....
Hi, Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" command??? Thank you, Shaul On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:27:56 +0200, Shaul <bagaz@netvision.net.il> wrote= : > Hi, > Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" = > command??? Under the Format menu, pick Conditional Formatting. -- = Dave dvt at psu dot edu ...

Can't Change Text direction in office 2007
Hi, i have installed office 2007 ( Pro Plus Edition) on a machine. i have faced a strange thing that i have never seen. the option of changing text direction from right to left or left to right does not exist. it come by default with ltr direction. What's the Problem ? Hi, You need to enable a right-to-left language, such as Hebrew or Arabic. To do this, perform the following steps: 1. Close Word. 2. Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings. 3. In the "Available...

change default settiings for spacing
I am trying to change the default setting for "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" by checking this box. It doesn't seem to work however. Is there something I need to do to change this default? Thanks This setting can be made only in style definitions, not in individual paragraphs or selected text or as a default for all styles. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Lucid Moose" <Lucid Moose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55B13F51-D384...

Symantec Mail Security for Exchange
Does anyone know if Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 will work on the Standard Edition of Exchange 2000 sp3? It says Enterprise Edition in the sys requirements but no where does it say the word STANDARD. If anyone can help before I purchase this software that would be great. Thanks, Chad WEBIT Services On 3 Nov 2006 13:50:18 -0800, "crdvds" <crdvds@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 will work >on the Standard Edition of Exchange 2000 sp3? > >It says Enterprise Edition in the sys requirements but no where does ...

My Exchange server will not make new mailboxes
I had one e-mail server on this domain it was giving us trouble so I installed a new server on the domain and made it an exchange server. I moved all the mailboxes that where in use to the new e-mail server. I wait two weeks and shut down the old server, but now when I create a new user in active directory and tell it to create a mailbox it looks as if it creates one. When I look in the properties of the user and go to the e-mail address tab it is blank. When I right click on the users name and go to exchange task it gives me the option to move the mailbox to the old server which is ...

Exchange 2003 SBS Attachment filtering in admin
Folks: I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have been trying to find the location to add an additional attachment to the exclude list on incoming mail. (Attachment filtering). I have looked for some time and cannot find the UI to do this in the system manager. Could someone point this location out to me? Thanks d "D S" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uPeCkbUrGHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Folks: > > I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have > been trying to find the location to a...

Changing text based on criteria in an access report
Hello, I've got a textbox in a report, some records of which may contain text within { }. I need to find some way to format only that text (which may be in the middle of a string) so that it appears underlined and so that the brackets disappear. To illustrate, I posted a 5KB graphic here: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3523/jexamplemb2.png Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance! Mitch Access 2007 can format the text for you, using standard HTML for the underlining. Use the Replace() function to swap the braces for the HTML tags. Earlier versions of Ac...

REstoring a mail sotre to a newly installed exchange 2003
Hi, I have a windows SBS 2003 server installed with a couple of mailboxes on it. I backed up the mail store then decided to reinstall the OS. The reason to do this was to partition the disk differently. So I installed the OS from scratch, and now I need to restore my mail store backup done using ntbackup. Should I recreate the old users on my SBS2003 system or should I just restore the mail store on top of the exisiting mailstore created by the fresh installtion of the OS. I didn't backup anything else but the mailstore. The newly installed server uses the same domain name as the ol...

illegal name? [noobie, please be gentle]
re: xl2k I am attempting to name a column as "fy2007" xl refuses to accept this. Why? Note that "fy2007" appears to satisfy all the naming guidelines, as listed in the help file. Also note, "fy_2007" is acceptable. cheers, jw FY2007 looks like a cell in column FY in row 2007. You could name it FY_2007 or _FY2007 Or most anything that doesn't look like an address. mr_unreliable wrote: > > re: xl2k > > I am attempting to name a column as "fy2007" > > xl refuses to accept this. Why? > > Note that "fy2007"...

Account name not mapped with security id
Hi, After installing CRM, i have noticed in the event viewer on the server that CRM generates an errorin the form of something like Error: Account names not mapped with domain users security IDs. How do i solve this? ...

Exchange 5.5 internal site problem
Hi, I am using exch 5.5 with 2 srvrs in a single sit , with a mail content scanner enigine on a diff srvr , when i forward mail fm content scanner to first srvr , the mail flow works properly , but when i forward it to second srvr ( which was buileded later) , the recipients on 1 st server dont get internet mails . Can anyone HElp. ...

MX question on Exchange 2003
When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu the mail can not be delivered because there first MX record that points to 132.239.95.98 doesn't have port 25 open for mail. So my server tries only that server for tree days then it gives up. First of all, why doesn't my server try any other server with lover priority? And what is the reason to stop port 25 on their first MX server? I have an Exchange 2003 server with sp1 running on a windows 2003 server RO wrote: > When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu > the mail can not b...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

Corrupted user profile.. how to get back to old name?
Running XP Pro at work. Login through a domain on Win2003SBS. I login with my name ssetnicky and password. We only use the server to store data really, it pushes out antivirus to all the machines, and we can access our accounting software's database which resides on the server. Each one of us has our own login and we're a member of the administrators group. My local computer's profile got corrupted around March 24th. When I logged on it looked as if I was viewing XP for the first time.. the little take a tour icon popped up, none of my quicklaunch icons were there, e...

Changing Chart SourceData in VBA
Excel 97. Can anyone spot where I'm going wrong? I'm trying to change the source data in code so it only shows upto the last cell that has a value in it. My code at the mo is.. Dim intActiveCell As Integer Dim strCell As String Dim strrange As String Sheets("Financial Tracker").Select Range("C13").Select If ActiveCell <> "" Then Do Until ActiveCell.Value = "" ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select Loop End If ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Select 'Selection.End(xlLeft).Select strCell = "R" & ActiveCell.Row & "C" &...

Exchange 2003 migration #4
Hi, Can you please advise me few steps or provide some links to my problem. (I am inexperienced in dealing with exchange :)). I am running MS Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003. I need to move the Exchange to different server (windows 2003 std in the same domain, I have also bought new Exchange 2003 for it) and then get rid of the source server at all. What is the best approach to perform this migration? Thank you very much in advance, Greg The move mailbox wizard will allow you to move mailboxes between servers. The best approach is to bring the new box up in the same Exchange org a...

how to change the Font size and color of a static text control in dialog
New to VC++6.0. I have several static text control in my dialog box as labels. I need to apply different font size and colors to them. How should I achieve that? Tony See the examples given at the following web sites. http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/ http://www.codeguru.com/staticctrl/index.shtml -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Tony Hu" <bytj@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OL99Bi9SDHA.2280@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > New to VC++6.0. I have several static text control in my dialog box as > labels. ...

how to use outlook w/o exchange server?
Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA I have. The exchange server appears to be a fee based service - I don't know. I just want to use Outlook to schedule my appts, keep contacts and use email. SMScott <SMScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg > 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share > address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA ...