change display name

Hi all,

Exchange 2003 /windows 2003 envir.

Currently, we have users show as First name last name in our GAL.  If we
want to show users as Last name, First name, where should I change for all
lists in the GAL?

Thank you.

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:48:35 -0700, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Exchange 2003 /windows 2003 envir.
>
>Currently, we have users show as First name last name in our GAL.  If we
>want to show users as Last name, First name, where should I change for all
>lists in the GAL?

To change the existing AD objects you can use admodify (google that).
New AD objects will still be created the same way they've always been.
To alter that you have to change the DisplaySpecifier:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998290(EXCHG.80).aspx
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

Checking Data Change on Close
I want a data editing form to check for any changes when an exit button is clicked. So here is the following code that I have done. (I always get Run Time Error 13. Type Mismatch) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Private Sub Form_Close() If Me.DataChange Then Dim strMsg As String Dim Cancel As Integer strMsg = "Data has changed." strMsg = strMsg & " Do you wish to save the changes?" strMsg = strMsg & " Click Yes to Save or No to Discard changes." If MsgBox(strMsg, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, &...

I want few website name for macro
Dear Friends..... i would like to study "macro " so if you know any good website fo it...please forward your feedback... Thanks irsath mohamme -- irsat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- irsath's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3597 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55764 "irsath" <irsath.2ab3mn_1151824203.8465@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:irsath.2ab3mn_1151824203.8465@excelforum-nospam.com... > i would like to study "ma...

Changing Cutting & Pasting Default?
I do a lot of cutting from Photoshop and pasting into Excel. Is there a way to change the default so that when I cut and paste something, it will automatically draw a line on the edges, instead of having to do it manually every time? Thanks in advance for any help... Grativo ...

Hey Putzke: Menstrual Cramps Linked to Brain Changes! Just FYI
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/menstrual-cramps-linked-brain/story?id=11370042 Can you even read and understand the article? Just FYI. Oops. You don't have a brain. Never mind. Just FYI. On Aug 11, 7:42=A0pm, "Kevin John Panzke" <kevvpan...@hotmail.com> wrote: > "Agnasty Shagnasty" <Agna...@shagnasty.org> wrote in message > > news:4c62faa7@news.x-privat.org... > > > > > > > > > "Kevin John Panzke" <kevin.pan...@gmail.com> wrote in message > >news:76642de2-895f-...

Excel Bi-weekly time sheet change dates to Thursday- Wednesday?
I downloaded a Bi-weekly timesheet for Excel. The timesheet is perfect except for the date part. The time sheet comes with a Monday to Friday bi-weekly time set-up and I need to change it to a Thursday to Wednesday bi-weekly time set-up. At present I had to individually change the days starting with the Thursday and when I change the start date and ending dates the only days that automatically change are the first Thursday to Sunday settings (4 days). How do I set it up so that all days change when I put the start date and end date at the top of the sheet? Hi Starting with the cel...

Numbers automatically change to a symbol
I am creating a chart & when I type a cetain number into a cell once i move to the next cell Excel automatically changes it to #####. How do I stop this?? Bulldog Mama Hi Bulldog Mama, Try widening the relevant column(s). --- Regards, Norman "Bulldog Mama" <Bulldog Mama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36FB0F1E-6E0C-49BA-AB9D-763ECD7172D3@microsoft.com... >I am creating a chart & when I type a cetain number into a cell once i move > to the next cell Excel automatically changes it to #####. > > How do I stop this?? > > Bulldog...

How do I stop styles from changing when I save and reopen the file
I frequently use styles to format my documents. However, sometimes I have noticed that when I save a document, close it and then open it later, the style formats have changed. This most often seems to happen on Headers - for example when I save the file there will be outline numbering applied to Heading 1, Heading 2, etc. but when I open it next time the numbering is gone or the font on the numbering has changed. I've also had my paragraph spacing change - such as I changed a style to only have 4pt after a paragraph and when I reopen the document (or someone else opens it)...

Macro to change X-axis scale has errors
I've read and studied code from a number of posts on this subject but my "newbie" macro code has errors. I have the minimumscale value and maximumscale value (entered by the user) stored in Sheet1 at $E$2 and $F$2. My chart is in Sheet2. This is my complete macro: Sub ChangeXAxisScale() ' ' ChangeXAxisScale Macro ' With Worksheets("Sheet2") With ActiveChart.Axes(1, 1) .MinimumScale = Range("$E$2").Value .MaximumScale = Range("$F$2").Value End With End With End Sub I know I am missing s...

Changing account access to applications
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090505000902020706000303 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I recently added a password to my logon. That added a "Guest" account to my logon screen. I see that some applications that I installed over the years are available to the guest account. Can I remove access without having to reinstall the application? --------------090505000902020706000303 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &q...

insert blank line when text changes
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to write a macro or something else... so while scrolling down a list everytime the text changes (in this case a name) a blank line would be inserted. Hi try the following macro. It tests column A and inserts a blank row if the values change Sub insert_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "A").Value <> Cells(row_index + 1, "A").Value Then Cells(row_index + 1, "A").Ent...

Row height changes when copying and pasting
I have several rows which are relatively large but which have a small font in the cells. When I copy and paste to another area or another worksheet, the row height decreases to fit the small font. How can I keep the row height the same when copying and pasting? I've tried several options in paste special but nothing works. I'm using Excel 97 at home and 2000 at work and they both do the same. Thanks in advance, -- BT You might just want to learn how to use the Format Painter. http://www.officearticles.com/misc/format_painter_in_microsoft_office.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy w...

Prevent format change caused by pasting. (office '97)
Every time I paste something that was from an website (even if only one word) the column extends as far right as it allows. I found out that I can change the format (under paste special) back to text to fix this. Is there a way to prevent excel for changing format? I want it to default as text format and not change format unless I change it myself. Also is there a way to keep the text at one font and one text size, so that if I paste something that had a different size or font it would change to the size and font that I have set for my document (I want to know how to do this in Word as well.)...

How can i change cell colour depending on month of date in cell?
I have a column with a range of dates corresponding to when an item was tested and would like to automatically change the colour depending o which month it was tested. Jan-Mar = red, Apr-Jun= green, Jul-Sep blue and Oct-Dec= yellow. No date = no colour. Anyone have an suggestions? Do I need to run a macro or is there a simpler way? Thanks And -- andy7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- andy75's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3017 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49860 ...

Adding a Second Domain Name to 5.5
I am adding a second domain name to our mail. I went into the IMS and added blazierlaw.com to the routing group for inbound but I get no mail. The Mx record is pointing tomy server. what am i missing The secondary domain name that you have should be registered with internic or any internet registar '. Also the IP address of where that domain should be re-routed to from anywhere on the internet should point to a location or point of presence on the company wan that will send the mail back to the e-mail server. if the new domain name cannot be resolved on the open internet, any e-ma...

Public Folder Changing default
I have a Public folder server that is being replaced. I am replicating the content to a new server but users are sometimes connecting to the new server which has the hierarchy but not all the content. Is there a way to keep user from logging onto this new PF server until all the replication is done? -- RS MCSE, MCP +I MCP what is the default public folder configured to be for the users on this store? you might want/need to change that... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Rschraeger" <Rschraeger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF834694-B5B7-4D15-89BC-CB29810A373...

INDEX-MATCH with cell text driven names
Hi, I've read through a few posts that are close to what I'm trying to do but i can't get it to work. I'm constructing a fantasy F1 spreadsheet while i'm bored off work sick. Sheetnames in workbook DriverSummary, AUS, MAL, CHN, BHR,.....for each round/country of the season. Each sheet race sheet has a column for car number in called AUSarray, MALarray etc. AUSREF is cell A1 on the race sheets My current formula in the diver summary works well and is shown below. I have N() to return 0 when a race hasn't happened yet so that my sum() works. =N(OFFSET(AUSREF;MATCH($A4;AUS...

Outlook Today Folder Display
This problem started when I attempted to add folders to the Outlook Today display. Folders that I did not check became checked, and each time I tried to fix this another copy of Outlook Today ended up displayed on the page. I now have 7 Outlook Today entries and one Inbox plus two additional folders I selected. Any way to fix this? I'm running Windows XP with Outlook XP. This was a fresh installation on a new PC (all preloaded). Michael ...

use IUrlHistoryStg2 to get the history record,but how to get the user name ?
IUrlHistoryStg2 can tell you the url,titile,some visited time information.But how can I know who visit this url ? Anyone can give me some hint or code ? Thanks very much ...

Using Defined Names in Charts
I am using Office 2002. I am trying to create a chart that has only one Series called Data. The values for DATA is a name called SCROLL_DATA. The name has been defined using the Insert-Name-Define action. The workbook is called Quality Escapes.xls I have entered the following in the values box as I have seen many instruction as follows =Quality Escapes.xls!SCROLL_DATA What am I doing wrong. -- bobburg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bobburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22006 View this thread: http:/...

ACC2000: changing report .Filter does not work
I'm still working on issues in earlier threads. When I use code to change my report's .Filter and set .FilterOn to true, I get no records. When I manually go to the report design, change the .Filter and ..FilterOn, I also get no records. Here's the code I use to change .Filter via code: sWhere = "[cus_no] = '" & sCustnum & "'" DoCmd.OpenReport sReportname, acViewDesign ' Must come before "set rpt" Set rpt = Reports(sReportname) rpt.Filter = sWhere rpt.FilterOn = True DoCmd.Close , , acSaveYes DoEvents ' Allow Access to sa...

Suggestion: Integration Manager & focus change.
I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this suggestion. However there seems to be great Dynamics GP discussion going on with good ISV, MSFT and customer participation. Dear MSFT, Pretty please, with sugar on top, it would be awesome if the Integration Manager did not grab windows focus when doing integrations. Specifically, SOP integration it can take upwards of 10 minutes every day for my environment. Any warning thrown during integration it changes the focus (but does not bring the window to the front) to the IM. As our SOP integration truncates item descriptions to 100 charac...

Change Organization name and use exisiting CRM DB
I did a search on this could not find it here. We need to change the organization name and be able to re-use the data which is already in the CRM Database. Is this going to work? what are the steps? I know probably the redeployment is one way. correct? any other way? The original CRM key and org-name was MSDN and the new one is "official" Microsoft issued license with the legal company name. Thanks for any suggestions. Regards Max Sounds like this is for v1.2. In that case, the Redeployment Tool is the only way to go. There are too many ties between the DB and AD in v1.2. -...

duplicate names to extract
I have over 1400 names with addresses in a spreadsheet with man duplicates. I'm trying to extract just those duplicates into separate list -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dear Sherry You don't clarify which data is duplicated, so I will assume for argument sake that it is the name column. One way to resolve your issue is insert a new column at column 1,copy and paste the range containing the names into the new column, and then sort that column in ascending order. Create a new macro using the following code Sub DuplicateFinder() Dim RowNdx As Long Dim ColNu...

Inserting saved data that automatically changes
Hello all. Can someone please help me? I need to know how I can insert data saved to the clipboard so that the inserted data will change if the original data changes? What are the steps that I can take to do this? Thank you in advance, Darin Darin, Copy the cells, as usual. Paste using Paste Special (right click or Edit menu). Choose Paste link. Earl Kiosterud Mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period com. --------------------------------------------- "Darin" <mrmaj@mail.com> wrote in message news:002d01c3767a$4b9acdf0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all. Can someone plea...

How do you name and use a custom Layout
I have a spreadsheet with 30 coloumns. Differnt users access this spreadsheet and depending on their login name I wanted to display a different layout for differnt users. I have tried using custom view but it does not work. I tried cutting and inserting the cut colomn into a differnt part of the spreadsheet and named the custom view, but it did not go to it from the default layout. In other words it appears you cannot use custom views to view different layout options -- Steve F Not sure how you are going to tell the system the login name. But the custom views should work. I start with...