change display name in mail

Hi,

I have exchange server 2003 installed.

I want to change the name, which shows up in the 'from:' field at the
receivers email system.

I changed the display name in the active directory account properties,
but this didn't work (I tested it using OWA to send mail to a yahoo mailbox).

How can I achieve this?

Thanks, Dani

Try changing the alias on the Exchange General tab.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

<stutzdaniel@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have exchange server 2003 installed.
>
> I want to change the name, which shows up in the 'from:' field at the
> receivers email system.
>
> I changed the display name in the active directory account properties,
> but this didn't work (I tested it using OWA to send mail to a yahoo
mailbox).

> How can I achieve this?
>
> Thanks, Dani

0
dtown (976)
1/15/2004 9:17:41 PM
Hi,

I checked again and realized it's the display name on the general tab
of "dsa.msc". The problem is that the change takes quite a while to
become active, although I have only one DC and one Exchange Server...

what's the reason for the latency?

Thanks, Dani

"Dan Townsend [MSFT]" <dtown@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<O2TC1z62DHA.2680@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Try changing the alias on the Exchange General tab.
>
> --
> Hope that helps,
> Dan Townsend

> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.

> <stutzdaniel@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have exchange server 2003 installed.
> >
> > I want to change the name, which shows up in the 'from:' field at the
> > receivers email system.
> >
> > I changed the display name in the active directory account properties,
> > but this didn't work (I tested it using OWA to send mail to a yahoo
>  mailbox).
> >
> > How can I achieve this?
> >
> > Thanks, Dani

Change Forecolor based upon if statement
On a form I have two controls named [Con1] and [Con2]. On Exit of a third control [ConComm], I am trying to change the font of Label304 only if [Con1] And [Con2] are Not empty or Not Null. So If both [Con1] and [Con2] have entries, then Me.Label304.Forecolor=50787 Else (if there are no entries) Me.Label304.Forecolor= 6697728 rbb101 wrote: >On a form I have two controls named [Con1] and [Con2]. On Exit of a third >control [ConComm], I am trying to change the font of Label304 only if [Con1] >And [Con2] are Not empty or Not Null. > >So If both [Con1] ...

Giving Access to Mailbox w/o Changing Permission on each folder?
Can I do something in exchange admin so that a user can see all the folders of another user without going through each folder and adding user to permission? Can I change the primary account to the other users once the old employee leaves? They have too many folders to go through each and do this. Thanks Q268754 "How to Assign Users or Groups Full Access to Other User Mailboxes" "B-Dog" wrote: > Can I do something in exchange admin so that a user can see all the folders > of another user without going through each folder and adding user to > permission? Can...

Entourage not Downloading Whole messages/displaying HTML

Transfering E-mails from Machine
I want to transfer my e-mails over from one machine to another machine. Using Outlook how do i go about doing that? What file do i need to copy? ..pst --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sean asked: | I want to transfer my e-mails over from one machine to | another machine. Using Outlook how do i go about doing | that? What file do i need to copy? ...

Changing the quata msgs
Good 3rd Party Tool Found http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/quotamsgsvc ...

Forward e-mail
If I create an e-mail from Publisher, how do I give the recipient the option to forward the e-mail to another person? I know they could just hit the forward button in the e-mail program, but I'm talking about clicking on a link on the e-mail itself to forward it. I saw an answer in one of the threads...but the link that was given doesn't work anymore. Thanks in advance! How to save your publication as a Web Archive in Publisher and share it in e-mail http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312157/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news...

How can I change default for inserting a picture
I edit a newsletter and I insert lots of pictures. I insert the pictures but I ALWAYS want them to be TIGHT for text wrapping and I want them to have a red border with a weight of 1 1/2. I always do each picture one at a time to change the format. Sometimes I have 90 pictures. Is there a way to tell word to always insert the picture the way I want? -- Thanks Very Much! Art Nittskoff Recent versions of Word let you choose the default wrapping format for pictures. For example, in Word 2007, you'll find the option here: Office button | Word Options, Advanced category: &...

SMTP: Mail stopped in Categorizer?
Here's our setup and the problem. We are using SBS 2003 and using the POP connector to download messages from accounts off site. Exchange is using the same remote server to relay outgoing offsite messages. Here's the story. A user sets out an out of office message on Exchange and I get an e-mail from him that he sent himself a test message and didn't get his out of office message. My test: I sent a message from my exchange e-mail address to his and get his out of office message. I then sent a message to his exchange account from a personal offsite e-mail account and di...

Mail delivery in Exchange 2003
Hi all, here is the problem when I tired to send mail to someone@somewhere.com, I got undeliverable report from my server saying that mail is not delivered to someone@somewhere.com.uk. I asked administrator of somewhere.com, he said that their SMTP gateway did receive a mail from us, but the address was someone@somewhere.com.uk. I used hotmail and yahoo mail to send mail to someone@somewhere.com, both success. I tired to send mail to someperson@somewhere.com, also success. any one have idea on this ???? Many thanks, Alex Hi, May be - there is a forwarding rul...

Colors changing
When I open a saved file, the colors have changed to a variety of pinks. This is really bad. Help! A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from June <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > When I open a saved file, the colors have changed to a variety of > pinks. Read here: http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Transfers not working after changing Categories?
Hi, we have serious issues of store transfers not completing and the last time the issue arose it was right after we changed the names of the departments and categories in headquarters. We are restructuring our database so we are making changes to: Categories, Suppliers, Prices, Item Names and Cost. I have made sure to create worksheets to update these changes in our stores from Headquarters, but all of the sudden, our inventory transfers aren't going through: *It's not a connection problem as all of the worksheets have been successfully downloaded and sales info was updated...

Internet Explorer cannot display this feed
The feeds section works for about a day before reverting to 'Internet Explorer cannot display this feed' . After removing allthe feeds and starting over for the 7th or 8th time I guess it is time to give up. This is not the only problem in IE8. Stopped using IE 8 years ago but thought it was worth a try with a new computer and Windows 7. BIG BIG mistake. There is obviously no answer to the problem as nobody gets a response from MS. Typical. "craggers" <craggers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:065995F7-7510-4341-B43E-39AC774FB8A0@microso...

Changing letters to symbols
After typing (c) in a cell Excell automatically changes the characters to the copyright symbol. Where do I disable this? Menu Tools>AutoCorrect... and delete teh corresponding (probably the first) entry in the list. Regards, KL "Steve F" <Steve F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9DC4D0D-A63A-4BF6-B608-17357ADFB672@microsoft.com... > After typing (c) in a cell Excell automatically changes the characters to > the > copyright symbol. Where do I disable this? ...

Change default font in week view?
Outlook 2003 How do I change default font in yhe calendar's week view? -- Thanks... Bob ...

Displaying a blank cell
I have this formula in my spreadsheet... =IF('Prospect Questions'!B61=""," ","") Obviously, if cell B61 on the Prospect Questions work sheet is blank, I want this new cell to appear with a blank. Otherwise I want the contents of what's in B61. When I enter this formula, it is displaying the formula. What am I doing wrong??? Is the formatting wrong??? Or just the formula?? HELP! Have you text format in the cell with the formula? Also, =IF('Prospect Questions'!B61="","",'Prospect Questions'!B61) I noticed th...

Display Report Options in Alphabetical Order/Rename Report Options
Display Report Options in Alphabetical Order in the Report Options Window For example, when the Trial Balance Report Options window is open, the drop down list of report options appear to be in the order in which the reports were created, making it difficult to navigate to find the desired report option, especially when many options have been created. Would also like the ability to rename a report option. -- Elisabeth ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I A...

How do I automatically file a sent e-mail
I have just moved over from Lotus Notes (in a corporate environment) and have previoiulsy been given the option when sending an e-mail to save it to any of the folders set up on my account other than the default "sent" folder. Is this option available on Outlook? I know about message rules but that is too restrictive for what I need. Can anyone help as I'm really hacked off with having to rememebr to keep going to my sent folder and refile all my messages. Thanks. Carl <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just moved over from Lotus Notes (in a corpor...

Change certificate
We have front-end exchange 2003 owa server with a custom made certificate configured with SSL. With the introduction of IE7, a error is shown saying that the certificate is not valid and not trusted and you should not continue. If you click on continue to this page things work as normal. However, we would like to purchase a proper verisign certificate so that we do not get the error messages displayed. How would I change this so that we use the new certificate instead of the custom made one. Many thanks in advance. On 29 Jan 2007 08:02:37 -0800, "justsimplequestions" <s...

How do I change headings (column name) from numbers to letters?
Suddenly my headings are numbers instead of letters. I want to use letters. hi would be nice if we knew what version excel you are using. 2003 on the menu bar>tools>options>general tab>uncheck R1C1 reference. 2007 Office button>Excel options>formulas>uncheck R1C1 reference regards FSt1 "Marco" wrote: > Suddenly my headings are numbers instead of letters. I want to use letters. Use =Text(A1,"0") to convert the number to text and copy (Ctrl+C) and paste the values (Alt, E, S, V, Enter). "0" in the formula represent...

question "File -> Send To -> Mail Receipient"
Dear, I am using all English Windows 98 SE, Office 97 Std SR2, IE 6.0 SP1, Netscape 7.2 Netscape Mail is my default MAPI If I open an XLS file in C:\WINDOWS\TEMP , "Sent to mail receipient" is not work. There was becasue the customer direct open an attachment (which must save in %temp%) then "Compose by anther email" without save the file. -david ...

Outlook Changes Incoming Server to "localhost"
For some reason, Outlook 2000, on three different machines here, randomly decides to automatically reconfigure account information to "Incoming Mail: localhost", and "User Name: your.name/mail.ispname.com". I had thought it was because I use a Spam front-end filter called POPFile, but now it's happened to two co-workers. Anyone know what gives? Thanks... In article <0c0101c34575$219b6c70$a001280a@phx.gbl>, dean.lusk@chandlermay.com says... > For some reason, Outlook 2000, on three different machines > here, randomly decides to automatically reconf...

e-mail problems
I am using Windows XP on a new Dell computer. My IP is Road Runner. I have subscribed and downloaded McAfee Security system. My problem: my e-mails sometime are not going through. The message I get from Outlook Express "Your POP3 server has not responded in 60 sec. Would you like to wait anther 60 sec for the server to respond". People from Road Runner and McAfee are nice people but of no help. Does anyone has the same problem? Any ideas how to solve the problem? Thank you. P.S. You can call me collect 518 489 6290 I believe the problem is the McAfee. Anyone figured out ho...

Exchange2003/Outlook2003 Remote Mail
Apologies if wrong group I have a customer using SBS2003 and emailing through Outlook 2003 clients Some users travel and require offline emails, so rather than using Cached exchange ( as it's too slow over dial up ) I want to use Remote Mail. So I configure my send recieve groups, but only MS Exchange is listed in Accounts, not Remote Mail I have a user travelling Tomorrow ( Thursday 11th ) and am starting to panic Please help TIA Mark F1 in Outlook. Type "remote mail" It explains it all in detail. On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:23:16 -0000, "Mark Barratt" <m...

Not all isv.config changes appearing
I've turned on the ISVIntegration switch in web.config to "Web." I'm attempting to display a Sharepoint server page in the right-hand pane and expect to do this by adding a tab/link in the left-hand pane. I assume that this is the "Areas" section of isv.config. The problem is that even with the ISVIntegration switched on, the only indication that things are working is that I get the custom menu item that is listed in the CustomeMenus section. None of the other sections appear in the GUI. I don't see any additions to the left-hand pane or to the naviga...

Change the tooltip text for a datapoint
All, Does anybody know how to change the text that appears when you hover over a datapoint in a chart? Specifically, I have an X Y scatter chart and Which uses Column C for the X and Column D for the Y. I would like the text in Column B to appear when I hover over a datapoint. Hi, Have a look at this add-in from Tushar Mehta. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/chart_hover_label/index.html Cheers Andy Hayeso wrote: > All, > > Does anybody know how to change the text that appears when you hover over a > datapoint in a chart? > > Specifically, I have an X Y scatt...