CDO eMail messages not working from FoxPro since installing KB8929

We installed the Exchange 2000 Update (KB892986) and since then our code that
creates CDO eMails errors out with the following message: "OLE IDispatch
exception code 0 from CDO.Message.1: The transport lost its connection to the
server."  We are planning to reverse thes updates over the weekend.  Does
anyone know a better way around this?
0
DES1 (1)

Exchange 2k Server unable to send or receive emails.
Hi, Error message "Internal error occur while processing mail box store" appears when try to mount the mailbox store exchange 2000 Server. Hence the server unable to send or receive any email. The mailbox store is located under storage group. Would like to know how to resolve this & what could be the possible reason for this occurnce. Thanking u in advance for all your the time & effort. Mark Magesen Mark, What event appears in the Application event log of the Exchange server ? Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "Mark Magesen" <MarkMagesen@discussions.microsoft.co...

Mark to Download messages only works on one message
Outlook 2002 - I have the option to download messages under 50kb checked. If I receive more than one message over that limit, I cannot select them all and choose to mark for download as that option is missing from the right-click context menu. I can do it on individual messages, even though the option to download says "message(s)"! Am I missing something here? ...

Move message to storage folder > CRASH
Most of the time I right click an email in my Inbox and select Move to Folder, Windows Live Mail (desktop app), crashes when I click OK to execute the move. When I restart WLM my Inbox still shows the message entry, although there is no message body. The folder where I directed the message to move contains a copy of the email (including message body) and the From entry appears within quote marks. The quotes do not appear in the opened message, only on the storage folder's message list. Any idea why this is crashing so often, or how to stop this behavior. This is frustra...

Trying to change txt color from message map function
HI, My menu has a option that changes the text color. so I have my OnPaint() function but I am trying to call the DC from another function in same class.. what am I doing wrong? void CChildView::OnTextBlack() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here CDC* pDC = GetDC(); pDC->SetTextColor(RGB(0,0,0)); pDC->TextOut(mPt.x, mPt.y, mStr); ReleaseDC(pDC); mCount = 1; Invalidate(); } I changed my approach to ON_COMMAND_RANGE... and came up with this... it worked... but why not the first code? void CChildView::OnTextColor(UINT nID) { CClientDC dc(this); switch(nID) { ca...

Border colors not working in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003 - can't get line colour, border colour or table grid lines to show up on screen. They seem to print OK but being invisible on screen makes things tricky. Recently installed Adobe Acrobat 7.0 - seems to have started then - any known links between these two or is it just co-incidence? ...

uploading email attachment
I've attached a small program (ad-aware)to an email to a friend. Outlook 2003 won't let it upload and "send", something about a potential virus, etc?? Now the email is sitting in the outbox, stuck, won't send, won't delete. If I can't send attachments with .exe then at least how do I remove it from the outbox? 1. Always zip files you intend to send via email - Outlook will not send nor receive mails with .exe attachments, among others. 2. Create a new .pst file, make it the default, close and reopen Outlook. Go to the Outbox in the old .pst file and de...

Outloo reads aloud emails
I have Outlook 2002 installed. I usually send an email by using the key combination Alt/S but occasionally, instead of the email being sent, a voice starts reading aloud the email I have written. Now I have tried all sorts of Alt key combinations to make it happen on purpose but it won't so my question is, what is happening, why, and can I use the speech recognition program in other MS products? Regrds, Lloyd sounds like you are enabling narrator. look in accessories on the start menu. If it's not that, then it could be speech - look in control panel for the lauguage applet. --...

outlook other than inbox save replies messages with original messages
I have outlook 2002 I hae two personal folder files; one personal one business. All email goes into the personal in box and then gets filtered. When I reply to a message, it goes to the sent folder and not the same folder I replied from. It is turned on in the options. It will work properly in the personal (main) .pst file, but not when the email goes to the business .pst file. ...

Form Restore From Switchboard Not Working
Hi All, hope someone can help me with a problem I haven't been able tofigure out or research the answer for. I have created "restore" and"maximize" functions for my forms in previous databases and they workgreat, but for some reason they are not working correctly in adatabase I am now working on. In the "Activate" event of the forms, Ihave used the following code, DoCmd.Restore. When I pull up the formin the database, it restores correctly, but when I call up the formthrough the Switchboard, it always maximizes. As to the Switchboard,I have checked the cod...

Access 2003 to Email issue.
I have a working Access 2003 form that has a button to open a report and send a email. This makes the report an attachment in the email. The name of the report is placed in the document as the name of the attachment. I would like to add the "variable" EmployeeName so that it appears in the attachment name. Is this possible and if so where and how do I code it to have this happen? I used to be a mindreader, but those skills deteriorate with distance. Without seeing your code, that's hard to do. If you're handy with VBA, try using it to change the name of the attachment,...

old emails not in standard not retreived for new Outlook installat
emails stored in folders that were not Inbox, Sent, etc were not found and retrieved for a new Outlook 2007 installation. "rogers at cuvinc" <rogers at cuvinc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98A737DB-E43E-4CA6-A6E6-9625869BAF82@microsoft.com... > emails stored in folders that were not Inbox, Sent, etc were not found and > retrieved for a new Outlook 2007 installation. And what type of email account are we talking about here? It all depends on how you backed up and restored your Outlook data. Do you still have access to your original pst...

outlook wants to install every time
OK, here is the deal: I installed office costumized, Run All From My Computer, and configured Outlook by pointing to the exchange server. Works fine. I restart the pc and logon with a different username and start Outlook. Now Outlook asks for the CD! Why? I previously said "Run all from my computer". As this pc will be used by many people who have no local administrator rights I do not want to spend time on giving them those rights and handing them the cd. Please tell me what I can do (during installation?) to prevent outlook from ever asking for the CD again, when a new user wants ...

message interface returns unknown error
Hello. I am using Outlook 2003 with an exchange server (SBS2003) on an XP SP2 box. Suddenly today I'm finding I can't delete or move some mail items from my Inbox. Not all, just some. I get the message "message interface returns unknown error". What would cause this to start happening and how do I get it to stop? I checked the MS Knowledge base. I saw a couple of references to the message but the situations were different. Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance... Which ones did you try already? Start with the eassiest ones; -empty the Deleted Items folder -rebuil...

Unwanted emails
How can I block emails coming from outside of my intranet domain? I am receiving unsolicited emails at my email account at work. My account at work is not private. Please help! Outlook 2003 includes some client-side spam filters that are quite good. You will need to have an Exchange server in order for them to work, tho. Other options can be found here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and re...

Exporting contacts and messages From Outlook into Outlook Express
Hi, My friend ask me if exist any way to export contacts and messages in that way and don't losing anything from his resources. .. Regards -- Przemys´┐Żaw Staniszewski No, you would need to import from OE. -- Milly Staples - [MVP Outlook] Post all replies to the news group. Unsolicited mail sent to my personal address will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Przemys´┐Żaw Staniszewski <ihi.marzyciel@wp.pl> asked: | Hi, | | My friend ask me if exist any way to export contacts and messages in | that way and don't losing anything from his resources. | ...

Email/Windows Security Pop UP
Suddenly, after 2 years, out of no where I start getting a Windows Security pop up asking me to verify my user name and password...GRRR....how do I make it stop???? I have entered the information...clicked on REMEMBER MY CREDENTIALS...and it promptly forgets!....I even went into my accounts and re entered the info and said REMEMBER....which IT promptly forgot....how do I make it stop?????...the ONLY thing I use on my comp is windows defender...all the other crap just gives me a giant headache...my windows updates automatically, which it just did PRIOR to my issues... sorry I s...

Email templates in Workflow engine
Hi I am battling with using the template manager within CRM to create a email template. example. I want for ever new case that gets assigned to send a email to the client informing him/her who will be working on their case and what their case number is. I have created a template in CRM web front end, but in the template nowhere does it specify were you will be sending the email to. When I create the workflow there is also nowhere that I can specify where the email will be going. Any help or direction will be appreciated This is a strange "Feature" of MSCRM. You can either: ...

How do you sen the email at outlook ? I can't find the word send
That seems a pretty basic requirement for the application... File-->New-->Email Message or CTRL-N Send button should be top left. "OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5D011FC-369A-4A4C-86B1-A82CCF8F43D3@microsoft.com... > OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask your queston in the body of the message, including exactly what you're trying, your version of Outlook, and account type. It appears you have not configured Outlook with a mail account. -- Brian Tillman ...

Crystal Reports installation
After we installed succesfully the microsoft CRM server, we liked to continue installing the Crystal Reports so we could make and adapt our own reports! We continued with the given CD (Disc 4 of the crm-set) and noticed an error! We're asked for an update from version 9.2.0 -> 9.2.2 before we can continue! I wanted to inform if anyone had this error already? why can't we just install this CD on the server to adapt our reports? Thanks, Sture Hi Sture, You will need to send an email to BusinessObjects to obtain the update from 9.2.0 to 9.2.2. Look at their website for more inform...

Editing an Automatically Sent Message
We have a user that setup a message to automatically be send each Monday. They now wish to edit that message, problem is, I cannot seem to find it. It doesn't even show up in her sent items. I am sure it is an easy fix, but it has alluded me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark Winning Systems Administrator Martin Memorial Health Systems ...

problems with receiving email with outlook 2003
I have outlook 2003 with business manager contact. I can send my email but I can not receive. Can anyone help me? I have all of the updates so far. When did this start happening? Have you ever been able to receive email? What error messages (if any) are you receiving? What service (ISP) are you using? Have you contacted them concerning this problem? These are some question we need to know in order to point you in the correct direction. Michael D. Alligood MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc., CIW Certified Instructor "bigmouth44@hotmail.com" <bigmouth44@ho...

message delivered to Calendar (Office XP)
Outlook XP Messages from a particular user are being delivered to the Outlook Calendar folder. Only way to find out that a message was received from this particular user is to do a Find, and it shows the location as Calendar. ALL other mail is delivered to the Inbox without problem. Not sure where to begin to look to troubleshoot this problem. There are no rules at all. There is nothing set on the Exchange server. Any suggestions? G'Day "C" Take the Scenic Route, and take a good look round on the way: Select "Inbox" and click the "Organize"...

RUS does not work
I have a fairly new Exchange 2003 member server running on W2K3. I have three DCs running W2K and all are GCs. All servers are on the same subnet. When I create new users and give them mailboxes, they never receive email addresses and never show up in the GAL. I have tried re-pointing the RUS to a different DC. I have tried updating/rebuilding the RUS. I have even deleted and re-created the RUS. The option to automatically update addreses based on recipient policy is selected. When I first installed Exchange, it stamped my 250+ users with the proper addresses, but now any new users I create c...

Deployment over Citrix not working
I have an application that I have developed with extensive support from this group. I just want to say thank you for all your help. Now, my app is deployed over a Citrix network and I keep having these weird things hapen: 1) on trying to add a record to a particular form (fsubDevices) I get the following msg: Error 3201 (you cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'tblVisit.') in procedure cboDeviceLUno_AfterUpdate of VBA document Form_fsubDevices This does not happen on my desktop or when the app is deployed as a standard client. (the curre...

install Office Assistant character file?
I get the message "There are no Office Assistant character files present on the system. Please run Setup in the maintenance mode and istall at least one character" Don't know what to do. How do I get into the maintenace mode? Does Setup appear? What character should I install? Please advise. Thank you, William (Bill) Camp The information in this post by Office MVP Beth Melton may help you: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=%23vKbLA91EHA.2572%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl billcamp wrote: > I get the message "There are no Office Assistant character files present...