catch the incoming message event on a public folder

Hello,

Is it possible to catch the incoming message event when a new message
arrives into a public folder, and run an external exe file?

Thanks.

0
nice_guy (1)

Paint error
I have a friend running XP that gets a paint error "Paint has encountered an error and needs to close" Where, in the event viewer, might she find more detail on this error? -- Frank C Dell Inspiron 530S Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 Dell studio laptop Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 HP Photosmart D7260 "Frank C" wrote: > I have a friend running XP that gets a paint error "Paint has encountered an > error and needs to close" > Where, in the event viewer, might she find more detail on this error? > > -- > Frank C > ...

users can delete public folder calendar entries without permission
why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 (Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. shrp On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:23:15 -0700 (PDT), shrpshtr <shrpshtr@gmail.com> wrote: >why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 >(Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set >to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. The short answer is that they wouldn't be able to do that. ...

Can i see my archive emails in the same folders as they were befor
I don't want to see my emails in a separate location. I want to be able to archive my emails but still be displayed [with a different color tint perhaps, indication that they are archived] in the same location. Imagine that I have the following structure: Customers -> Germany -->DHL -->ZDF -> France -->France Telecom -->Canal+ If i am looking for an email i don't want to look in two locations. [current and archive folder]. Is it possible ? "Johnny" <Johnny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:644549CE-D381-4331-...

Read-receipts in Outlook 2007 with shared imap folders
Hi, I have a info@domain.com email address that goes to an imap folder. I have 2 users who have access to that folder. If user 1moves the email to another folder and that email has a read-receipt set on it, then user 2 sends out an automatic email saying that the email was deleted without being read. This happens without the user 2 doing anything. Both users are using Outlook 2007. Is there any way to get outlook to not send read-receipts for certain folders? The user still wants to send read-receipts for her private emails. Any ideas? Is there a better way of setting this up with Outloo...

How to be notified when messages are delivered or read

Exch 2k3 public folder relocation/syncronization
I recently migrated my existing exchange 2003 server to a new exchange 2003 server. I migrated all of the mailboxes without an issue. I followed the procdure to move the public folders and the Offline Address Book to the new server. Currently i cannot see the public folders and the OAB on the new server. It says it is in snyc, but nothing shows up. I am also getting the following error within Outlook: (Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.') Can anyone help me with this dilema? I woul...

Any security concern about Windows event 529?
We have been seeing large amount of windows event 529 on our domain controller. Sometimes it has a valid user name. Sometimes, it sends the computer name as the user name. We have the account locked out rule set on DC, but no account locked for these 529 events. And what is the potential cause for those w/o the actual user name? Raw Event = Logon Failure: Reason: Unknown user name or bad password User Name: WORKSTATION01$ Domain: DMNET Logon Type: 3 Logon Process: NtLmSsp Authentication Package: NTLM Workstation Name: WORKSTATION01 Caller User Name: ...

This message has not yet been submitted for delivery (EMail Router Workflow)
I have CRM 4.0 and an external Exchange/SMTP host. The Email router is installed and I believe working. All tests complete successfully. Also - I can create a new Activity --> Email and receive an email message via CRM4 no problem. I created a workflow that is supposed to send an Email to the customer when a case is resolved. When I create a test case and resolve it - the email appears in Pending Queue. When I double click the Email it says "This message has not yet been submitted for delivery." There are no errors in the WIn Event Log. My outgoing messages are set to Email Rout...

Creating and using a Deleted folder
I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. I am running outlook with 3 connections. Two I IMAP and one with MS exchange. The exchange one does have a deleted folder but the others don't Scott Adams <adamsfour@aol.com> wrote: > I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it > shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to > have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. No. That's the way IMAP works. -- Brian Tillman ...

Which message is Notify when the checkbox of CTreeCtrl is checked
Hi, I use a tree to display information in Dialog.The tree item has a checkbox(not image),I want to get the notification when the checkbox is checked or unchecked. But I dont know which kind of message it will trigger. Could someone tell me ?Thanx everybody. > I use a tree to display information in Dialog.The tree item has a >checkbox(not image),I want to get the notification when the checkbox is >checked or unchecked. >But I dont know which kind of message it will trigger. Use Spy++ - it's invaluable in diagnosing issues just like this in GUI applications. Dave -...

Moderated public folder won't accept posts from Win 2K users
Hi I'd appreciate any suggestions ... I have a moderated public folder acting as a contacts database. When users post to the folder, the 'moderate folder' rule diverts the post into a separate public folder that is visible only to the moderators. One of the moderators checks the post and then moves it into the contacts database folder. This worked fine until I upgraded some PCs from Win 98 to 2000 Pro. Posts from users on Win 2K go straight into their Drafts folder, not into either the openly visible or the hidden public folders. The same users have no problem if they work from ...

Lost folder in Outlook 2002
When I opened Outlook today a folder I save work e-mail in is missing. It was there on Friday. Is there anyway to get it back? It doesn't appear in the archive.pst file. Thanks. ...

Outlook Temp Folder
Hi there, I get a lot of emails with Word documents attached. Every time I go to save one of the documents, the Save As dialog box is initially pointing me to a directory called OLK102 which seems to be in the Temporary Internet Files folder. I have deleted everything from the Temporary Internet Files folder but still each time I open up a document from within Outlook and try to save it - it points to this directory (OLK102) and the directory is filled with documents that I had opened previously. My question is how do I get rid of the files in this directory? When I go to the Tempor...

Convert Incoming Plain Text to HTML
Is there a way to have Outlook (2003) automatically convert incoming Plain Text messages to HTML without manually changing the formatting option? Thanks in advance, Jody As far as I know, no. You can go from HTML to Plain Text but not the other way. "J. Owens" wrote: > Is there a way to have Outlook (2003) automatically convert incoming Plain > Text messages to HTML without manually changing the formatting option? ...

MS
I'm running a SBS2003 which comes with Exchange. When I go into the que I see all these outgoing messages, I click on them and Outlook Express (which we don't use) pops up with a message to an email account we don't have. They are all from Internet Email? When I go into Exchange Manager - Servers - my domain - Queues I see all these odd outbound ? - Default SMTP Virtual Server? Any ideas? I'm upto date with Trend, and I've done the house call scan and found nothing. I'm upto date with MS. -- Dave Are you being used as a relay by a spammer? Could one of local desk...

Outlook 2003 event with no specific time that occurs on the 1st and 15th of every month?
What is the best way to make an event with no specific time that occurs on the 1st and 15th of every month? Make it an all day event? Recurring on the 1st and 15th - 2 separate events works better. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Kevin Zawicki asked: | What is the best way to make an event with no specific time that | occurs on the 1st and 15th of every month? ...

Recipients folder
Where should it be located in AD?, Can it be moved? I have migrated from Exchange 5.5 and during migration I chose it to be located under another OU called Temp. As I don't like the name "Temp" I would like to move Recipients folder to a different place and not sure where should it be located and what is the effect of moving it. Also under an OU temp, there are other sub-OUs created and I am not sure why. Thanks SSOR On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:31:02 -0800, "ssor" <ssor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Where should it be located in AD?, Can it be moved? >...

A message is queued at the Internet Mail Service (EXC01)
We are getting messages sent back to users not all the time but on an intermittent basis. I've looked around on the interent and only finds articles that relate to Exchange 2000 (BY THE WAY WE RUN 5.5). Does anyone have any thoughts on this. Thanks, KB when you say back do you mean ndr. try going to dnsstuff.com and checking your mx record to make sure you are not on a blacklist as well as you have a reverse ptr recrd. this sounds stupid but allot of companies are using mail firewalls that do rev lookups etc. "KB" wrote: > We are getting messages sent back to user...

adding search folder
Under all mail folders I show I show two headings- "personal folders" and "fap..." which has all my e-mail. personal folders has a "search folders" folder which does not search my "fap..." folders. I would like to add a "search folders" so I can easily find flagged messages in my e-mail account. I would like to have the new search folder folders stored on my server as are all my other folders in the "fap.." folder set. How do I “search folders” to the e-mail folder list? AFAIK You can't add a Search Folder that searches...

Storing Hotmail Folders and Email Offline
Does anyone know how to get my hotmail email stored offline on my computer? Do you want them in WLMail or in Windows folders? In WLMail, Alt + V, Layout, Folder pane, check Show Storage folders. Create new folders in Storage folders. Copy messages to the folders to leave messages in Hotmail. Move messages to remove from Hotmail. Drag and drop to Windows folders to copy messages. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "AndrewP" <AndrewP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8941942D-2EF6-43D3-B99B-FB5CF9484739@microsoft.com... > Does anyone k...

error message #26
If i create a shortcut to a workbook on the desktop, I get a the message that a file by that name is already open. Clicking ok makes the message go away and the file works fine. this does not occur when opening the file any other way. Not fatal, bu annoying Maybe... http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen From the FAQ at Debra Dalgleish's site. "paboombillanonymous@aol.com" wrote: > > If i create a shortcut to a workbook on the desktop, I get > a the message that a file by that name is already open. > Clicking ok makes the message go away and the ...

Event Sink #4
Hello I'm working with an exchange 2003 server (standard) I need : -One. to make a copy of all mails from Internet (for the internet domaine, type : @mydomain.com), passing through the virtual smtp server. -Two. to make a copy of mails from the society to Internet. But not the mails beetween the members of the society. I think, i must create an event sink. on the smtp server. But i don't know how ! Do you know a site which is talking about a solution or an add-on. thanks a lot. fabrice The freely available archive sink does what you need. http://support.microsoft.com/default....

cannot delete messages
I have an Exchange 2000 Server, SP 3. Outlook 2000 clients. several users in my orgainziation have messages in their inboxes that they cannot delete. UNKNOWN error is all they get. is there any way to get these messages out? regards, JM ...

sending messages
hi, i have placed a custom control in my dialog box. the control associated with it has been derived from CWnd. i want to send a message to the dialog box when the left mouse button clicked inside the control. the control has implimented the OnLButtonDown. can i use the SendMessage() inside the control's OnLButtonDown function. if so what values are to be given as arguments. please help. bye anu > can i use the SendMessage() inside the control's > OnLButtonDown function. Yep! > if so what values are to be given > as arguments. This highly depends on...

Entourage will send New messages but will Not Forward or Reply mes
For some reason Entourage will send new messages but will not forward or reply messages. Can anyone recommend a fix? Thanks Marco Isn't that a show on HBO? I think you should seek help from the publisher of Entourage. This community is for Dynamics GP. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Miercoles" wrote: > > For some reason Entourage will send new messages but will not forward or > reply messages. Can anyone recommend a fix? > > Thanks > Marco ...