Hi all.

I have been asked to find out if there is anyway to configure our mail
server to catch all outgoing email from certain email accounts on our
Exchange 2003 Enterprise server and forward a copy of this email to a
specified account, also on the Exchange server.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

On 25 Oct 2006 04:10:54 -0700, googlegroups@tlbsolutions.com wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I have been asked to find out if there is anyway to configure our mail
>server to catch all outgoing email from certain email accounts on our
>Exchange 2003 Enterprise server and forward a copy of this email to a
>specified account, also on the Exchange server.
>
>If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

To spy on individual users you can use SelectiveJournaling from
www.ivasoft.biz.
No, individual journaling isn't available simply and easily within
Exchange unless you want to move all the users being spied on to a
separate store.
0
mark7219 (5666)
10/25/2006 11:15:57 AM
I had thought of that, but to be honest, I dont know what the
implecations of that would be?
I assume users in one store could mail users locally (not having to
send email across the web) in another store?

Its mostly the sales guys that need to be monitored

On 25 Oct 2006 08:08:26 -0700, googlegroups@tlbsolutions.com wrote:

>I had thought of that, but to be honest, I dont know what the
>implecations of that would be?
>I assume users in one store could mail users locally (not having to
>send email across the web) in another store?
>
>Its mostly the sales guys that need to be monitored

You do need the SJ product. Guys in the same store mailing each other
wouldn't be trapped using the Exchange method.
0
mark7219 (5666)
10/25/2006 4:11:13 PM
Sorry Mark,

I didn't make myself clear.
It's the external incoming and outgoing email of the sales guys that
needs to be monitored - to and from clients.
My question about sending email within the organisation was just to
ensure that if this was the setup I used, that they would still be able
to email everyone in the office without having to send it externally.

Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:
> On 25 Oct 2006 08:08:26 -0700, googlegroups@tlbsolutions.com wrote:
>
> >I had thought of that, but to be honest, I dont know what the
> >implecations of that would be?
> >I assume users in one store could mail users locally (not having to
> >send email across the web) in another store?
> >
> >Its mostly the sales guys that need to be monitored
> >

> You do need the SJ product. Guys in the same store mailing each other
> wouldn't be trapped using the Exchange method.

You made yourself clear, I was just being complete :)

0
mark7219 (5666)
10/25/2006 4:32:07 PM
Ahh, ok. Thanks Mark

Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:
> You made yourself clear, I was just being complete :)

Steps in Exchange 2000 to change domain name?
We have an existing domain name (company.com). We have decided to change our name to newcompany.com. Right now the users are user@company.com and we want it to be user@newcompany.com. What do I need to do to change that in Exchange? I have made the necessary DNS changes (or so I believe). Thank you!!! Douglas Just add newcompany.com to your recipient policy & make it the default...best not to remove your existing company.com addresses as it may help during the transition to let users receive mail for both addresses. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html for help. ; ...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

invalid email address

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

Emails #3

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

eConnect Outgoing
We have a system that feeds Invoices into Payables Transactions in GP. GP is used to generate Payments (Checks) for these transactions. I'd like to use eConnect Outgoing services to read what check paid what invoices. I am able to get the check transaction pushed into the eConnect_Out table along with the invoices that are being paid. Though, I do not see a way to figure out which check paid what invoice. If anyone else has encountered this before, we will appreciate your input. Best Regards, RS ...

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook