Cannot send to Public folders

Hi,
I am currently trying to resolve a problem seding email to public folders,
some people can send, it appears to be related to some groups we have created
in our org.
We get a delivery refused error (5.2.1) when trying to send if taken out of
the group then it sends correctly.
This relates to a number of groups and public folders around our org.

Any points gratefully received

Thanks
Mark
0
MarkDavey (2)

Chek permissions on the public folders - are they restricted to those groups
only?
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Mark Davey" <MarkDavey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am currently trying to resolve a problem seding email to public folders,
> some people can send, it appears to be related to some groups we have
> created
> in our org.
> We get a delivery refused error (5.2.1) when trying to send if taken out
> of
> the group then it sends correctly.
> This relates to a number of groups and public folders around our org.
>
> Any points gratefully received
>
> Thanks
> Mark

0
bharat3597 (1006)
9/29/2005 2:52:55 PM
No, there are no specific group restrictions applied

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Chek permissions on the public folders - are they restricted to those groups
> only?
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> --------------------------------
>

> "Mark Davey" <MarkDavey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I am currently trying to resolve a problem seding email to public folders,
> > some people can send, it appears to be related to some groups we have
> > created
> > in our org.
> > We get a delivery refused error (5.2.1) when trying to send if taken out
> > of
> > the group then it sends correctly.
> > This relates to a number of groups and public folders around our org.
> >
> > Any points gratefully received
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mark

0
MarkDavey (2)

Lost unread mail folder -- OL2003
for some reason my UNREAD Mail folder has disappeared from my favorites in Outlook 2003. Any Ideas how I can get it back and to work as original? Thanks in advance Davis The favorites is just a shortcut to the Search Folder. Rightclick it and choose Add to Favorite Folders If it's not there recreate it by righvtclicking Search Folders and choose New Search Folder... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic ...

Emails not saved in "sent" folder
The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, the item I supposedly sent does not appear in the sent folder. Help?! Chuck Humphrey Chuck Humphrey, you wrote on Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:10:55 -0700: > The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a > known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with > the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, > the item I suppos...

Change of public IP for fighting spam
Hi, If I ask my dns registor to change my ip to another public ip. Is this going to help us fight spam? Is there's a risk of not getting email? Example old: www.company.com = 60.1.1.1 Examble new: www.company.com = 60.1.1.5 By the way, I noticed that most big companies cannot be ping anymore. Is this advisable too? Thanks, Ricky On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:06:02 -0700, RickyVene <RickyVene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >If I ask my dns registor to change my ip to another public ip. Is this >going to help us fight spam? Is there's a ris...

URGENT-Getting rid of Favorites Folder in Outlook 2003
HELP! send me info to pbraquel@yahoo.com. I have just upgraded from Outlook 2002 to 2003/office11 and I found out that the "Used-To-Be" Outlook Shortcut Bar has been replaced. My concern - when I first launch Outlook 2003 - the Favorites Folder comes on top! I need a way to hide or even to get rid of it. What I am trying to accomplish to bring MyShortcuts first and as a default on left pane. Has anyone of you questioned this feature as a nuisance? Does anyone have a resolution on it? Would appreciate any remedies. I rather like having the favorites appear at the top of the...

Cant send email through SMTP (post Office s003 SP1)
I have recently installed Office 2003 SP1 - I'm not sure if this is the problem; I've only just noticed the problem, so can't guarantee that SP1 is the cause. I have multiple accounts configure in Outlook at both home and work. Up until recently, all the accounts on my work machine worked fine; they included one exchange account and several pop3/smtp accounts. My Exchange account still works fine. My yahoo accounts still appear to work. But 3 other account with 3 different mail servers cant send outgoing mail. The problem went unnoticed for a while because when I sent an email fr...

Messages send but stay in Outbox
Hi, Has anyone come across this before? Messages with medium sized attachments - .5 MB or larger, send, but stay in the outbox, resending over and over. This is happening only on an ADSL connection. Dialup up connection from the *same* ISP with the *same* SMTP server is okay. Tried: different ADSL routers; different computers; even different locations and ADSL connections (but the same ISP). Seems to be worse with Outlook 2003 with or w/o SP1 This even happens with two different ISPs (ADSL), but one is much worse. Any ideas would be appreciated. I am stumped! Peter Peter Kaufman <pm...

Limit in the num. of emails in a single Outlook folder
Is there a limit in the number of email that Outlook 2007 can contain in a single folder? If so, does that limit include all the email contained in its subfolders too? lucavilla@cashette.com <lucavilla@cashette.com> wrote: > Is there a limit in the number of email that Outlook 2007 can contain > in a single folder? Every folder can contain at a minimum 64K items (size doesn't matter) and the entire data store can contain at a minimum 20GB. -- Brian Tillman > lucavilla@cashette.com <lucavilla@cashette.com> wrote: > > > Is there a limit in the number of...

LDAP, AD and Public Folders
Currently we have all of our company wide contacts in a Public Folder. Can we access those contacts with LDAP without having to move them all to the AD as contacts? If the only way to access them through LDAP is if the are contacts in the AD, is there an easy way to move them all from the public folder to AD? If the contacts have to be in AD, how do I allow users to be able to add/edit/delete these contacts through Outlook? We are using Exchange 2000 and Outlook 200x. Thank you for your help "Shirley DeLong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Currently we h...

I can't see microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign
I want to post a question about my website, and have noticed requests that those questions go to microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign. I have verizon FIOS and use news.verizon.net. That group is not in the list. I just talked to techinal support and they said there is no way to request a newsgroup be put in the verizon newsgroup server. Can it be possible that no one using that group is using verizon newgroups?! I'm using Outlook Express 6. I click on news.verizon.net, then Reset List. If I type microsoft.public.pub I can see *this* group, but not publisher.webdesign. I would rat...

failed to send item dialog box when sending(why)
I keep getting failed to send item when I hit send on outlook ...

How do I make my publication my background on the computer?
I made a collection of pictures in a collage form and wanted to use it as a background on computer, how do I save it in a picture form so the control panel will recognize it? Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Punky" <Punky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99C939A3-824B-45E9-8F05-421BDD7DFA83@microsoft.com... >I made a collection of pictures in a collage form and wanted to use it as a > background on computer, how do I save it in a p...

Outlook 2007 collapsed folders
Its minor but annoying. For some reasons my folders (e.g. inbox, unread, etc.) have an initial collapsed view requiring me to always have to click the '+' sign. If new mail comes in I cant see the header right away until I uncollasped the folder. Did I change the default view somewhere? Thanks Kita kita@kit.com <kita@kit.com> wrote: > Its minor but annoying. For some reasons my folders (e.g. inbox, > unread, etc.) have an initial collapsed view requiring me to always > have to click the '+' sign. What tye of account? -- Brian Tillman On Thu, 9 Aug 200...

how to send mails at a scheduled time
hi, does anyone know how to send mails at a scheduled time from outllok express or microsoft outlook thanks depending on your version of outlook, there might be two ways, but in Outlook 2000 and above, with the email you're going to send open, go to View, Options...there's a checkbox that reads "Do not deliver before" and you can select the date and time you want the message sent... "CARETTA" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message news:OXJ1OZsqDHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi, > does anyone know how to send mails at a scheduled time from outllok exp...

Error 0x800ccc13 Send&Receive
I use outlook to check the e-mail on the domain that I have purchased and have had for 3 or 4 years now. When I check my e-mail in Outlook there are 3 address that I check; two of them pick-up fine, however they aren't my main e-mail address. I've had this problem for the last couple weeks, but I've been busy and haven't had time to look into it. I have completely removed the problem e-mail and put it back in but with no luck. The only thing different with this e- mail is that it is also the administration account for my FTP setup and to check e-mail instead of ent...

Cannot send mail to certain domains
For some reasons, we cannot send mail to state.az.us mail domain. The mail address pattern is recipient@cc.state.az.us or recipient@util.cc.state.az.us .. I don't know if the long domain name caused problem or not. ANy help is greatly appreciated. Bill our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 4/23/2004 12:14 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'recipient@util.cc.state.az.us' on 4/23/2004 12:15 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure state.az.us preference = 5, mail exchanger = email.sta...

Change what populates subject line when send pdf report in email
When I choose to send my POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a mail recipient (pdf), information is populating the subject line and body of my e-mail by default. Specifically the name of the report is populating the subject line. Is there a way to change this? I would rather see the PO number populating that field. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggest...

Receiving the following error when trying to send or reply to an email
OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0000:74680000. Registers: EAX=00ff3c28 CS=017f EIP=74680000 EFLGS=00010206 EBX=00ff34d4 SS=0187 ESP=0056e988 EBP=0056ebb4 ECX=00690056 DS=0187 ESI=00000000 FS=326f EDX=000124b7 ES=0187 EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: Tried everything I can think of including removing office 2000-sr1 completely and reinstalling. Nothing seems to make a difference. OS is Win98 2nd Edition patched to current. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rick Anyone? ...

Office 2010, some e-mail will not send
While sending a number of e-mails, a good number of them will not send, blocks all other sends. Outlook 2010 does not offer any error. outlook 2010 x86, Win 7 x86. -- Art what type of account? is there any similarities between the stuck messages? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EAS...

Current Folder PROGRAM is Running
How can I get the current folder my program is running? What function from Windows API?! /* the variables */ char path[_MAX_PATH] = { 0 }; /* get the module file name and strip final portion */ GetModuleFileName(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), path, _MAX_PATH); char* lp = strrchr(path, '\\') + 1; *lp = '\0'; Enjoy, - MR "renegade" <renegade@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OTrh8Jk3EHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I get the current folder my program is running? > What function from Windows API?! > > Mark Randall wrote: > > How can...

Exchante 2000 deleted public folder
Using Exchange 2000 a client deleted a public folder called say AAA by mistake. It staff member. Therefore the folder had an email address of AAA@xxx.nsw.gov.au. We found an old PST and tried under exchange admin to recreate the folder. It kept saying email address already exists. Found under AD users/computers advanced the Exchange folder and found the object for this folder. How do we recreate the folder using the same email address. This email address is published on our website so we cannot change it. Urgent any hep accepted -- Kath On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:41:03 -0800, Kaddi...

Get a specific Program files folder
Hi! I made a Deploy project in VS2003. The setup copy a xla and a xlt a specific Program files folder. After the copy, i want to execute a .vbs that will copy and register the xla and the xlt. My problem is to get my new program files folder. Is there a vbs code that i can execute to get it? Thanks, Thierry Paradis. "Thierry Paradis" wrote in message news:emUEhMuPGHA.128@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl > I made a Deploy project in VS2003. The setup copy a xla and a xlt a specific > Program files folder. After the copy, i want to execute a .vbs that will > copy and register ...

Folders lock?
Is there any way in MS Windows Live Mail to lock the folders that should NEVER be deleted? I have inadvertently deleted folders from time to time, because of the obscure, fuzzy screen layout. I would like to lock those folders that normally are not to be deleted. Is there any way to do this? Gordon No. not really. Folders under Storage Folders are somewhat more durable since they don't go away when deleting a mail account. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Antares 531" <gordonlrDELETE@swbel...

Search ALL Mail folders
(Microsoft Office Outlook 2003). When I type a word in the "Look for:" box, click "All Mail folders" in the "Search in" drop-down list and click "Find Now", the results appear in a list labelled "Inbox". (This leads me believe that only the "Inbox" folder is being searched). How do I see the results from ALL folders? Searching the Inbox folder includes all subfolders if you have specified they are included. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook ve...

Email Archiving/Routing to Public Folders, based on domain names
Ok, here's what I'm going for: I'm beginning to use Sharepoint to manage my client's network configurations (documentation, knowledgebases, etc). I plan on having a unique Sharepoint site per client, and I'm well aware of how to link a public folder to the site. What I'd like to accomplish - to have all email sent and received to a specific client journaled/archived to a public folder, which is linked to that particular client's sharepoint site. Eg - joe@contoso.com emails me with his IT issue. I respond back, resolve Joe's problem, everything's ...

Public Folder Email Address
I need to extract a list of the email addresses that are used for mail enabled public folders, there are many folders that have built up over the last few years and some of the folders have several address's associated with them. We run exhange 2000. Does anyone know of any tools i could use or reports i could generate from exchange? Many thanks, Charlie. you should be able to run a query in ADUC looking for all PFs that have smtp addresses... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E20828C-5908-4948-B845-9BEF19...