Cannot send mail to AOL.com

Hi All

I have an outstanding issue with sending mail to aol.com

Background:
I have a Windows Server 2003 w/ Exchange 2003.  I am sitting behind a
PIX501 and only have one external IP address, there is no static NAT
entry.  I have contacted my ISP (Charter Business) and they have
created a RevDNS entry which works fine.

Outbound mail to aol.com is being queued and will eventually fail.  I
cannot manually telnet into any of AOL.com's mail servers, nor can I
connect via smtpdiag... I received the following response...
Connecting to mailin-02.mx.aol.com [64.12.138.185] on port 25.
Connecting to the server failed. Error: 10060
Failed to submit mail to mailin-02.mx.aol.com.

I read on AOL's site that the PIX could be the issue.  Well, I enabled
dns fixup and set the max. length to 65535.  Still no go...

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?  It has been outstanding
for months and AOL is not very pleasant to work with...

Thanks
Andy

Request AOL to whitelist your IP,

http://postmaster.info.aol.com/whitelist/index.html

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"andypatterson24" <andypatterson24@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I have an outstanding issue with sending mail to aol.com
>
> Background:
> I have a Windows Server 2003 w/ Exchange 2003.  I am sitting behind a
> PIX501 and only have one external IP address, there is no static NAT
> entry.  I have contacted my ISP (Charter Business) and they have
> created a RevDNS entry which works fine.
>
> Outbound mail to aol.com is being queued and will eventually fail.  I
> cannot manually telnet into any of AOL.com's mail servers, nor can I
> connect via smtpdiag... I received the following response...
> Connecting to mailin-02.mx.aol.com [64.12.138.185] on port 25.
> Connecting to the server failed. Error: 10060
> Failed to submit mail to mailin-02.mx.aol.com.
>
> I read on AOL's site that the PIX could be the issue.  Well, I enabled
> dns fixup and set the max. length to 65535.  Still no go...
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this problem?  It has been outstanding
> for months and AOL is not very pleasant to work with...
>
> Thanks
> Andy

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
1/29/2007 7:16:05 PM
Sorry I did not include this, but I have been rejected from whitelist
status twice.  I did not receive any specific reason why.  This
prompted my calls to AOL Postmaster tech. support which lead nowhere
fast.

On Jan 29, 2:16 pm, "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" <jcolive...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Request AOL to whitelist your IP,
>
> http://postmaster.info.aol.com/whitelist/index.html
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2007
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "andypatterson24" <andypatterso...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1170096734.528769.73730@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
> > Hi All
>
> > I have an outstanding issue with sending mail to aol.com
>
> > Background:
> > I have a Windows Server 2003 w/ Exchange 2003.  I am sitting behind a
> > PIX501 and only have one external IP address, there is no static NAT
> > entry.  I have contacted my ISP (Charter Business) and they have
> > created a RevDNS entry which works fine.
>
> > Outbound mail to aol.com is being queued and will eventually fail.  I
> > cannot manually telnet into any of AOL.com's mail servers, nor can I
> > connect via smtpdiag... I received the following response...
> > Connecting to mailin-02.mx.aol.com [64.12.138.185] on port 25.
> > Connecting to the server failed. Error: 10060
> > Failed to submit mail to mailin-02.mx.aol.com.
>
> > I read on AOL's site that the PIX could be the issue.  Well, I enabled
> > dns fixup and set the max. length to 65535.  Still no go...
>
> > Can anyone shed some light on this problem?  It has been outstanding
> > for months and AOL is not very pleasant to work with...
>
> > Thanks
> > Andy

What is the IP of your outbound mail server(s)? We can look around and see
if it is on any blacklists.

> Sorry I did not include this, but I have been rejected from whitelist
> status twice.  I did not receive any specific reason why.  This
> prompted my calls to AOL Postmaster tech. support which lead nowhere
> fast.
>
> On Jan 29, 2:16 pm, "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" <jcolive...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Request AOL to whitelist your IP,
>>
>> http://postmaster.info.aol.com/whitelist/index.html
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>> Exchange MVP 2007
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>
>> "andypatterson24" <andypatterso...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> messagenews:1170096734.528769.73730@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> > Hi All
>>
>> > I have an outstanding issue with sending mail to aol.com
>>
>> > Background:
>> > I have a Windows Server 2003 w/ Exchange 2003.  I am sitting behind a
>> > PIX501 and only have one external IP address, there is no static NAT
>> > entry.  I have contacted my ISP (Charter Business) and they have
>> > created a RevDNS entry which works fine.
>>
>> > Outbound mail to aol.com is being queued and will eventually fail.  I
>> > cannot manually telnet into any of AOL.com's mail servers, nor can I
>> > connect via smtpdiag... I received the following response...
>> > Connecting to mailin-02.mx.aol.com [64.12.138.185] on port 25.
>> > Connecting to the server failed. Error: 10060
>> > Failed to submit mail to mailin-02.mx.aol.com.
>>
>> > I read on AOL's site that the PIX could be the issue.  Well, I enabled
>> > dns fixup and set the max. length to 65535.  Still no go...
>>
>> > Can anyone shed some light on this problem?  It has been outstanding
>> > for months and AOL is not very pleasant to work with...
>>
>> > Thanks
>> > Andy

I hope this was not already mentioned, but are using your ISP's SMTP server
as a Smart Host in your SMTP Vertual Server ?  That is the standard fix for
AOL scrutiny.  If you ISPs SMTP server requires authentication, use the
master email account with your ISP

"andypatterson24" <andypatterson24@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I have an outstanding issue with sending mail to aol.com
>
> Background:
> I have a Windows Server 2003 w/ Exchange 2003.  I am sitting behind a
> PIX501 and only have one external IP address, there is no static NAT
> entry.  I have contacted my ISP (Charter Business) and they have
> created a RevDNS entry which works fine.
>
> Outbound mail to aol.com is being queued and will eventually fail.  I
> cannot manually telnet into any of AOL.com's mail servers, nor can I
> connect via smtpdiag... I received the following response...
> Connecting to mailin-02.mx.aol.com [64.12.138.185] on port 25.
> Connecting to the server failed. Error: 10060
> Failed to submit mail to mailin-02.mx.aol.com.
>
> I read on AOL's site that the PIX could be the issue.  Well, I enabled
> dns fixup and set the max. length to 65535.  Still no go...
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this problem?  It has been outstanding
> for months and AOL is not very pleasant to work with...
>
> Thanks
> Andy

0
swb_mct (64)
1/30/2007 12:43:38 AM
Hi Steve

I am not currently using a smarthost for any outgoing email.  I did
not want to go that route without exhausting my other options.  I
guess I will create a special connector for aol.com/cs.com email....
You know, I really hate to give AOL that kind of attention :)

Thanks for your input.

Andy

Problem with Outlook Express (e-mail)
Yesterday I sent a longer than usual (almost full page, 20KB)letter to the wrong address. This morning tried to resend it to the right address and discover it my "Sent Items" folder to be truncated (appr. 75%). Somethink shortened my message. Where is my original e-mail, on my hard disk or on the server of Road Runner? Can I retrieve my old e-mail and how? Shall I change any settings on my Outlook Express/computer? HELP!!! THANK YOU> ...

Mail Merge on Word 2004 for Mac
I'm merging data from an Excel Worksheet on to a Word document. The first line of the address needs to have <Title> <Firstname> <Surname> (with a space in between each entry) but the Excel Worksheet does not always have an entry in the title or first name field. I simply can't work out how to use the rules to ensure that I don't get a space where there is no data to show. For example, if there is no title in the data, I currently see a space and then the firstname at the start of the address. I've tried a few suggested actions that I've ...

Outlook is receiving e-mails but not sending
Outlook is receiving e-mails but not sending them. I have double and triple checked that my configuration of the Outlook has been done correctly. I have been on the phone with my e-mail provider and they couldn't figure it out. The error message I get is: Unable to conect to server. Error Number: 0x800ccc0e "Joe" <idealadvice@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0f6201c36bf2$f941e9d0$a601280a@phx.gbl > Outlook is receiving e-mails but not sending them. > I have double and triple checked that my configuration of > the Outlook has been done correctly. I have been o...

Entourage 2008 is not default mail sender
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop I open up a file and then want to send it, i go to FILE- Send as mail- and the other Mac mail program comes up (imail i think). I have changed the settings in that program to make Entourage my default mail but, I can't figure out how to fix this glitch..... I'm ready to toss this thing!!!!! I am missing my Dell so so bad. Once you have made this change, you may have to quit the application you are currently running before this change is registered. In other words, if Mail was set as the default a...

mail merge wiht Office xp
I liked the old mail merge in office 2000. Can i configure office Xp mail merge to work like office 2000? ...

Renaming E-Mail Account #2
Hello! Ourdepartment just changed our e-mail account format from Firstname(initial)+MI+Lastname to Firstname(initial)+Lastname. Ex. JCDoe@domain.gov to JDoe@domain.gov.The network account in AD needs to bechanged too. How do I make the changes? Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 12:21:01 -0700, JoeCL <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello! > >Ourdepartment just changed our e-mail account format from >Firstname(initial)+MI+Lastname to Firstname(initial)+Lastname. Ex. >JCDoe@domain.gov to JDoe@domain.gov.The network account in AD needs to ...

graphics don't print on mailing labels
I'm trying to print a page of mailing labels with a company logo as a graphic followed by the address in a normal font. I'm using Word 2008, the latest version (12.2.3). I have "print background images" and "drawing objects" checked in Word preferences. However, when I go to Print, the image only shows in the first label (and not in the right place), and the other lables don't have the logo image. When I go to Print Preview, the logo shows on each label, but when it actually prints, the logo disappears from all but the first label. I've gotten...

Excel. How do I remove 1,000 mailed addresses from list of 2,265?
I have a mailing list of 2,265 names. Someone has randomly seleceted 1,000 names from the list and mailed them. I need to mail the other 1,265. I have two Excel workbooks with 2,265 names in one and 1,000 in the other. I need to be able to subtract the data in the smaller workbook from the larger one. Any ideas please?? With data in Sheet1 (2265) and Sheet2 (1000) ; apply the below formula in Sheet1 cell B1 and copy down to row 2265..... =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,A1),"","Mail to be sent") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Phil C." wrote: > I...

Junk Mail Filter #5
I'm receiving this error when moving an email to the Junk Mail folder....Unable to add to the server Junk E-mail lists Any ideas. XNI <jchambers@community.nospam> wrote: > I'm receiving this error when moving an email to the Junk Mail > folder....Unable to add to the server Junk E-mail lists What version of Outlook? What hosts your mail server? What kind of account? -- Brian Tillman ...

Sending Bcc's
I want to send a message to several people but have only each recipient's name appear in the "TO" line. Unfortunately I have been sending them under the Bcc and only my email address appears in the "TO" line of all recipients' mail. Help.... You'll need to do a mail merge to electronic mail, presuming you have the same version of Word as of Outlook. See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/startletter.htm#ol2kmerge anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I want to send a message to several people but have only > each recipient's name appe...

Adding Sent date to default new mail form
Is there any way to simply add the "Sent" time and date field to the default form being used for creating a mail message? My enduser print ouot the message before sending it from that form and she woudl like to see the sent date. Thanks ...

Sending data to a serialport fails.
Hello, I'm currently working on a driver which talks to a device through a serialport. Data is being pulled : a request is send to the device, the device responds with a message, ending with a certain byte, after which a new request can be send. There are a couple of IRP_MJ_READ's outstanding for handling receiving bytes, and commands are send one by one with a single write IRP. Most of the requests are send at DISPATCH_LEVEL. The IRP's are all created with "IoAllocateIrp". The serial connection is setup with all the parameters in the SERIAL_TIMEOUTS field s...

Sending to a group-how to hide recipients addresses
Hello.I need to send a single message to a group of 15-20 email addresses. Is there away to hide all of the addresses the messagage was sent to from the recipients? jefcris wrote: > Hello.I need to send a single message to a group of 15-20 > email addresses. Is there away to hide all of the > addresses the messagage was sent to from the recipients? BCC ...

Sending Excel data to groups
I send updated excel data to a specific group every day. In Excel 2000 I could click file, send to, mail addressee and the people's names that I send to daily would automatically appear in the to field. Since we upgraded to 2003, I have to put the addressees in every time I send to them. How can I set this to keep the information from previous mailings? ...

How to send email after entry from data access page
I hope this is an easy one, but i am not a programmer. I got volunteered for this because i built an inventory database. Access 2003I have a simple referral table that i have linked to an "Input" page for people to enter records (including a drop down list of email addresses). And an "Output" page where pepole can come and edit. That part seems to be working fine.I need to have an email sent out when a new record is posted. Ideally, i would like it to be sent out based on who is selected in that email list, but i would settle for anything at this point.Thank you in adv...

I am receiving a message about parameter values and it won't send
I put outlook on my computer, tried to send an email, and it won't send it because of parameter values. Did I install outlook wrong or what. ...

Internet Mail Service Extension DLL IMSEXT.DLL
Hi. Where can I download this from? Ted "Ted Reilly" <it@brake-eng.com> wrote in message news:15ad01c3fbc8$32a5e630$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi. > > Where can I download this from? > > Ted I've a copy here: www.leederbyshire.com/info.asp Lee. -- _______________________________________ Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP: www.leederbyshire.com email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m _______________________________________ ...

Leaving mail on server
I have upgraded Outlook to 2003. In Outlook 2002 there was a setting to leave mail on the server for a certin period of time. I can'y find this feature in 2003. It it there? Thanks Tools->Email Accounts->View or Change->Highlight your account->Change->More Settings->Advanced. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Richard <richard@raymondsboats.com> asked: | I have upgraded Outlook to 2003. In Outlook 2002 there was a setting | to leave mail on the s...

How to setup notification for returned mail Outlook 2007
New to Outlook 2007.. using Windows XP....Have sent emails with undeliverable addresses but I an not being notified. Do I have to setup that feature? I could not find it in help, guess I do not know the correct term to use. I had now problems with OE If a mail is undeliverable, you will receive an NDR for it (non-delivery receipt). Make sure it's not ending up in your junk folder or being filtered by a spam filter if you have one installed. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Mary Craighead Nolte&q...

HELP! can't print mail labels from excel doc.
I know nothing about excel or mail merge wizard. I get names and addresses e-mailed to me each day for my business. I do know you can manipulate cells somehow but I have no idea how. I followed the instructions from another post (Print labels by using excel data in a WORD mail merge), but I hit a snag towards the end of the process every time. I'm sure the answer is very elementary. blue "Snag" is not too descriptive. Many of us use Word with Excel as data source for creating mailing labels and mail merges etc. quite regularly. There are certain formatting rules that m...

Error on Sending & Receiving email by using an account
When I attempt to send or receive emails through Outlook Express, I am getting the following error messages. How to rectify it. Please tell me. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'PIPDIC- VSNL-A/C', Server: '202.54.6.20', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity...

Outlook Error When Sending
Hi, I'm getting the following error more and more when trying to send email or reply to email I've received. I'm using a POP3 account, and it's becoming a real pain. Any idea what's causing this or how it can be resolved? Thanks in advand for any help you can offer. Michael The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'mhl38@msn.com'. Subject 'Re: Iowa Caucus Party!', Account: 'Michael', Server: 'mail.coloradofordean.org', Protocol: SMTP, Server Respons...

auto response on e-mail
If I send a message to someone who is out of the office I often get an automatic e-mail reply that says "Out of Office Auto Reply" follwed by a short message of explanation. I cannot find out how to set this for myself and use while I am out of the office. I have tried the Help menu without success and even going on to the Microsoft website and typing in the words does not turn anything up. Help..............! Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] just answered this for another person... Out of Office works only if you connect to an Exchange server. Otherwise, you'll have to spoof it...

Sending attatchments #2
I DO NOT like Outlook XP's ability to block me from sending attatchments! :( If I want to send them, that's my choice. I often need to send attatchments and have to go online to a web based email server like Yahoo to send attatchments. That seems pathetic to me. Surely there must be a way I can send attatchments using Outlook XP??? I often send a .pst file, for instance, and have not figured out how to do it with Outlook. Can anyone help me on this. Thanks so much, frustrated, ck Well you have a few options: zip the file rename the extension do the registry workaround obta...

Send & Receive Box Keeps popping up (Oulook 2003)
Hi, I have just installed Outlook 2003 - very happy with it so far, like the look and feel to it. One small problem though, I have Outlook check for new mail every 3 minutes and when this happens the Send/Receive Status box keeps popping up and I don't want this to happen it becomes quite annoying, especially when running Outlook Minimized and it still pops up every 3 mins. I have tried to check and uncheck the box marked 'Don't Show this dialog during Send/Receive' and pushing the pin (in the bottom right hand corner of the Send/Recieve dialogue box) in and out and st...