Cannot send mail to a recipient

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C4D3A6.16DDC100

Hi,

I try to send a mail with subject 'testmail' or 'testmail2' to an =
external recipient. (a customer of us)
There is nothing in the mail except text.

Almost immediately I receive an NDR from our server with this line =
below:
<DISTRIBUTOR.kksys.local #5.5.0 smtp;550 Error: "Message contains =
Sober.I virus">

I launched a complete virusscan on our server and on the destination =
server but no virusses where found.
If I click on 'send this mail again' in the NDR message I get the same =
result. If I click on 'send this mail again' in the NDR and change the =
recipient name, the new recipient can receive the mail without any =
problem so I'm sure there is no virus in this mail.

Both servers are exchange 2K3. The destination OS is SBS2003.

Does anyone know the problem?

Thanks,
Kristof Verhoeven
------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C4D3A6.16DDC100

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I try to send a mail with subject =
'testmail' or=20
'testmail2' to an external recipient. (a customer of us)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There is nothing in the mail except=20
text.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Almost immediately I receive an NDR =
from our server=20
with this line below:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&lt;DISTRIBUTOR.kksys.local #5.5.0 =
smtp;550 Error:=20
"Message contains Sober.I virus"&gt;</FONT></P></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I launched a complete virusscan on our =
server and=20
on the destination server but no virusses where found.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If I click on 'send this mail again' in =
the NDR=20
message I get the same result. If I click on 'send this mail again' in =
the NDR=20
and change the recipient name, the new recipient can receive the mail =
without=20
any problem so I'm sure there is no virus in this mail.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Both servers are exchange 2K3. The =
destination OS=20
is SBS2003.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Does anyone know the =
problem?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kristof =
Verhoeven</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C4D3A6.16DDC100--

0
laptop (6)

Kristof,

Check the header and see which server is generating the NDR - yours or the receiving end. Try bypassing your server and
send it directly to the recipient's server by changing your SMTP server in Outlook. If that works it means that problem
is on your server. If it doesn't work problem is on the recipient's end.

You should be able to do an NSLookup on the recipient's domain name to get the value for their MX record. If you don't
know how to use NSLookup, try  http://www.aboutmydns.com

laptop@edpnet.be wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to send a mail with subject 'testmail' or 'testmail2' to an
> external recipient. (a customer of us)
> There is nothing in the mail except text.
>
> Almost immediately I receive an NDR from our server with this line below:
>
> <DISTRIBUTOR.kksys.local #5.5.0 smtp;550 Error: "Message contains
> Sober.I virus">
>
> I launched a complete virusscan on our server and on the destination
> server but no virusses where found.
> If I click on 'send this mail again' in the NDR message I get the same
> result. If I click on 'send this mail again' in the NDR and change the
> recipient name, the new recipient can receive the mail without any
> problem so I'm sure there is no virus in this mail.
>
> Both servers are exchange 2K3. The destination OS is SBS2003.
>
> Does anyone know the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Kristof Verhoeven

0
anonymous (74722)

Mail ends up in outbox
I use MS Outlook 2000 on four machines. On one of these machines, email to be sent is often routed to the outbox where they queue for varying lenghts of time before being sent. On the other three machines, email is sent immediately with a copy routed to the "sent items" folder. Why is outgoing email sent to the outbox on the one machine and is there something I can do to avoid this? Thanks. Have you checked the settings on all machines to ensure that they match? what mode is Outlook installed in on all 4 machines? (Check Help->About, 2nd line). --� Milly Staples [MVP - Out...

Errors in printing HTML e-mails
Hello and I hope that someone out there can help me out. I have a client where his computer is unable to print out HTML documents. Only Outlook can print in Rich Text or plain but not in HTML. A window appears before you can get to the appropriate printer. The error are as follows. +++++ An error has occurred in the script on this page Line 1344 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified Code: 0 URL: res:C:\\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg +++++ It asks me to continue with the script and it does not matter whether you choose yes or no, there is no print outs. I have checked with this web sit...

How to make primary contact the default recipient for all actiitie
I'm using CRM 4, and would like to know if it's possible toto make the pimary contact of an Account the default Recipient for all Activities. If so, how? Thanks ...

Sending Problems #2
I am having trouble with my outgoing mail, and my ISP is not accepting my login to the SMTP server. I have raised a problem, with them but while I await them fixing it, I have configured outlook 2003 to use a different account to send. My problem is that the faulty account is attempting to send some read receipts (I think) and is constantly failing. How do I flush the sending on this account? (There is nothing in my outbox) Paul <nothanks@btopenworld.com> wrote: > My problem is that the faulty account is attempting to send some read > receipts (I think) and is constantly...

when I send an email it automaticatly sends it as an attachment
When I send an email outlook 2003 sends it out as an attachment and then it is rejected by the web site that I am sending it to. "panderson" <panderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:197A3A68-16C3-4F8C-9D71-9EF6F383ADA8@microsoft.com... > When I send an email outlook 2003 sends it out as an attachment and then > it > is rejected by the web site that I am sending it to. Stop using Rich-Text Format. Use plain-text or HTML format. Web sites don't accept e-mails. Mail servers accept e-mails. -- ______________________________________________...

how to download excel files sent in e-mail with only WindowsXP2000 home Addition
Not able to down load an excel spread sheet that was e-mailed to my windows 200XO Home ed. How do I down lpad it? Maybe??? If you use Outlook express then goto Tools>Options>Security Uncheck Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened .............................. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Gary" <ssa042@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:209701c3730f$3a4993b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Not able to down load an excel spread sheet that was > e-mailed to my windows 200XO Home ed. How do I down lpad > it? D...

Error in Oulook 2003 when I click on the new mail icon
The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persist, restart Outlook. I have deal with this error in more the few machines and the only way that I have found to resolve it is (not too easy) new install of windows talking after formatting. If anyone know better way solution is appreciated. Does this article help: Error Message When You Open E-Mail Message That You Saved with Outlook 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823579&Product=out2003 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Sending an email automatically
Hi, Is it possible to set a schedule with Outlook/Exchange, so it will send a set email, every day,. to a set of people? Thanks! "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:e4cusc$pe4$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... > Hi, > > Is it possible to set a schedule with Outlook/Exchange, so it will send a > set email, every day,. to a set of people? > > Thanks! See my email scheduler (http://www.lbetoolbox.com/scheduleemail.htm) -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all businesses http://www.room-boo...

New mail scrolling issue
Hi everyone, I have a user who has an annoying issue when composing a new email. When the body of the message exceeds the vertical size of the text area, instead of scrolling down with the text, the text area scrolls to the top so she can't see what she's typing. This is Outlook 2007 on a cleanly installed system. Thanks, Dan mekmon@gmail.com <mekmon@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a user who has an annoying issue when composing a new email. > When the body of the message exceeds the vertical size of the text > area, instead of scrolling down with the text, the text area...

Installing Exchange E-Mail Router
I am trying to install the Exchange E-Mail Router for CRM on our Exchange server. When I come to the "Select Installation Location" dialog box, I am supposed to select as the web site "Microsoft CRM Version 1.2 WebSite" from the drop down box. However, this web does not appear as a list item in the drop down box. Instead, all I see are "Default Web Site" and a Symantec NAV web site that resides on the local Exchange server. So it appears that my selections are limited to webs on the local Exchange box. How can I specify the "Microsoft CRM Version 1.2 We...

Incoming mail w/mult addressees. How do I move them to the addr bo
With our new Outlook Express I cannot figure out how to get all the addressees of a given e-mail in to my address book - or - contacts. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, janeh asked: | With our new Outlook Express I cannot figure out how to get all the | addressees of a given e-mail in to my address book - or - contacts. | Any help is appreciated. | Thanks.Try posting this in an O...

Can a macro be written to launch a pre-canned e-mail?
I need to launch an e-mail quickly with as few key strokes as possible. The e-mail needs to have a pre-canned subject line, a simple pre-canned message body and, a follow up flag. I have a template but also need to set the Follow up flag each time I send it and this has proven more time consuming than is practical for this application. Can a macro be written to open the template and set the follow up flag to the current date and 1 minute forward from the current time? Most of the time the message will be sent with just that. On occasion I may need to add a word or two to the subject...

OL2K: auto forward messages I send?
In Outlook 2000, I want to automatically forward any message I send to another e-mail address. A forward or a BCC is fine, but I do *not* want a CC. I've read a lot of posts in the archive and have Googled some, but haven't quite managed to figure this out. Here's the case use. I have a main machine that I do all my "normal" e-mail from. But I've got a 2nd machine, an ancient laptop, that gives me a welcome break from having to sit in my chair all day long. This machine has become the secondary e-mail machine. I have a POP e-mail account through an ISP. To kee...

Send/receive times out w/multiple accounts
Howdy Gang... I am running outlook 2003 and ran into a problem a while back I have multiple email accounts that were all working fine when I clicked on Send/Receive... It would do all the accounts. Recently I was getting errors "operation timed out waiting for a response from receiving pop3 server..." If I check only 1 account,it will get them mail.,then I have to shut down outlook,restart it and check the next account. I've tried microsoft help and office help...no luck. I stuck all the same account information into outlook EXPRESS and it does check all the accounts right away,l...

Outlook 2002 can't send/receive
I am running Outlook 2002 SP-2 in Windows XP Pro with SP- 1. Everything was fine for a while, but it started slowing down a few weeks ago and locking up. I have autoarchive set to archive regularly amd my mail file is not big. It locked up on me a few times and I repaired. Now I get error message 0x80042109 telling me that it can not connect to my outgoing (SMTP) server. The connection settings have not changed. Is this an Outlook or ISP problem? Thanks. Have you contacted your ISP to ensure that they have not changed things on their side? Otherwise, can you send a test message...

Can I view e-mail in Exchange?
Help! My IT guys are not here and I need to know if I can view e-mail from the Exchange server. I just found some porn stored on my GoldMine e-mail server and want to see if I can trace it to a certain mail recipient. Is it posible??? Thanks! Jen you cannot view the email except via OWA or Outlook, accessing the mailbox...but you can perform a message trace...what version Exchange? "Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D34C6913-D507-4B58-91E9-4EDB211D737D@microsoft.com... > Help! My IT guys are not here and I need to know if I can view e-mail fro...

Filter rule for empty mails
Hello, For some time I have been receiving spam mails with a special characteristic: they are completely empty, sometimes even the header is missing. The mail server does not filter them and Outlook (2003) lets them through. How can I define a rule to have these empty mails automatically sent to the recycle bin? Thanks. Sveta How have you defined your rules and is Outlook's junk filter set to high? I have had several of these types of mails go automatically to the Junk Senders folder where they are deleted as soon as I see them. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

How to send .mht file in email without image attachments?
In Publisher, I can create a document, save it as an .mht file and paste it in an email message so when a person pulls up their email, it will appear on their screen. The problem is, for every image, it attaches an image file at the top under attachments. How can I accomplish the above without it attaching images? Thanks SO much in advance for any helpful information. Are you are using Outlook/Outlook Express? If so, have you tried sending the Pub document in the body of the email and skip the .mht step. Please keep in mind that if someone has their system set to read as plain text, ...

'Send immediately when connected' option in Outlook 2003
I'm using Outlook 2003 with a single profile which contains two accounts; a Microsoft Exchange Server account (for work email) and a POP3 account (for home email). I have two questions: In Tools/Options/Mail Setup there is a checkbox labeled 'Send immediately when connected'. If I uncheck this option, any email I send through my Exchange account sits in the outbox until I manually perform a send/receive. Is this normal? The option's label suggests (to me) that it applies *only* when starting up Outlook (a bit like Outlook Express's 'Send and receive messages at startup...

Outlook won't send "reply" emails
When replying to emails from the 'sent' folder, Outlook won't send. It sits in the Outbox. Is it possible that Outlook is working offline? >-----Original Message----- >When replying to emails from the 'sent' folder, Outlook >won't send. It sits in the Outbox. >. > What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail accounts? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a5d01c3bb41...

Where is Outlook2002's mail??
Hi everybody, I'm an Italian student and I need a help... I need to recover my emails from a hard disk which had its "boot record" damaged.. So I connected this hard disk to another computer, in order to recover my emails... but I cannot find them! The email client I've been using is Outlook XP (Outlook 2002), on Windows XP. Maybe that version of Outlook doesn't save mail in single files (as Outlook Express does), but my mail *must be* somewhere on my HDD! I think there must be a way to import that mail from another version Outlook, at least! How can I do? Thank yo...

Cannot attach files to out going e-mail in Outlook 2000
When I attempt to attach my resume' to outgoing e-mail in Outlook I recieve the following message "Can't create file:XXXX.XXX Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." I'm running windows 2000 and I have made sure that all file permissions are set properly. Any ideas would be helpful. CRPolk ...

I have just set up MS Outlook 2007 and can't send email messages
I have just set up MS Outlook 2007 and can't send email messages ... I receive error message # 80042109, cannot connect to outgoing server. I receive email messages without a problem but my outgoing messages are sitting in my outbox. I have checked with my ISP providr and they believe I have set up Outlook correctly. Can anyone please help? Post the complete error message as per verbatim -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "FCDECOSTANZO" <FCDECOSTANZO@discussio...

Consolidation of Mail Servers
Hi, I have to replace 2 of 6 exchange 2003 mail servers with 1 new email server (so i would have 4 intotal at the end). I am planning to setup the new exchange 2003 server, add it to the organisation as a totally new mail server, then i am planning to move all resources/mailboxes from the 2 mail servers that i am taking out, and only after all resources are re-homed on the new server will i un-install exchange from them. Am I on the right track or am I missing something? Thanks, That sounds find, just make sure one of those servers that you are retiring was not the first Exchange ...