Cannot send e-mail to a newly created Public Folder via Exchange 5

I have created a public folder to receive Internet mail.  All incoming mails
go through an Exchange 5.5 as SMTP gateway.  The test mails from an external
mailbox to the public folder failed with NDR 5.1.1 user unknown.  It also
failed if the mail is generated from a Exchange 5.5 mailbox.  However, if the
mail is generated by a Exchange 2003 mailbox or from outside directly to
Exchange 2003 server, it works fine.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks
Richard Poon

Check your ADC replication.

Nue
"Richard Poon" <RichardPoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a public folder to receive Internet mail.  All incoming
>mails
> go through an Exchange 5.5 as SMTP gateway.  The test mails from an
> external
> mailbox to the public folder failed with NDR 5.1.1 user unknown.  It also
> failed if the mail is generated from a Exchange 5.5 mailbox.  However, if
> the
> mail is generated by a Exchange 2003 mailbox or from outside directly to
> Exchange 2003 server, it works fine.
>
> Can anyone please help?
>
> Thanks
> Richard Poon

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/18/2006 10:29:21 PM
Hi Nuevo,

Thank you for your suggestion.  I have found that the mails did go to the
public folder in Exchange 5.5 server that receive the mail, but it is not
replicated to the Exchange 2003.  This morning, I can see the mails I sent to
the folder yesterday.  I have sent another test message to the folder this
morning and pick it up from openning a Exchange 5.5 mailbox, but it doesn't
show up if I open a Exchange 2003 mailbox.

Now the question is where I can speed up the replication.  I have checked
that the Public Folder Store is set to always replicate, and my created
folder is set to follow the store setting.

Thanks
Richard

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Check your ADC replication.
>
> Nue
> "Richard Poon" <RichardPoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have created a public folder to receive Internet mail.  All incoming
> >mails
> > go through an Exchange 5.5 as SMTP gateway.  The test mails from an
> > external
> > mailbox to the public folder failed with NDR 5.1.1 user unknown.  It also
> > failed if the mail is generated from a Exchange 5.5 mailbox.  However, if
> > the
> > mail is generated by a Exchange 2003 mailbox or from outside directly to
> > Exchange 2003 server, it works fine.
> >
> > Can anyone please help?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Richard Poon

Inconsistent DBASE after doing a restore of Exchange 5.5 Dbase
Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend and it failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and left the dbase in an inconsistant state. Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening. Using Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to start the dbase after the restore was: EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store, 0x8004010f in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063. Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it acros...

Exchange database is corrupted
so our exchange database is apparently corrupted... We don't have enough disk space on the drive in order to do any type of repair/defrag on the database, so we are pretty much screwed right now my question is, if we just delete the database, will all the clients computers re-sync with the exchange server and repopulate the database. Terrible idea i know, but desperate times, call on desperate measures. uh...what version of Exchange? I wouldn't recommend deleting the database/s just yet...if a defrag might help, you can always redirect the temp file to a networked drive wit...

Public holiday in shared folders
Hello, We use Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003. Each people has its own calendar, and is is possible to insert automatiquely the public holiday. Now, I am trying to do the same for the shared calendars, but is doesn't work. In fact, even if we select the public folders, Outlook try to insert them again in the user's calendar Any idea ? Best regards, Oliver Best bet would be to copy them from another person's calendar since you can't directly add them from within Outlook "Support" <support@rdfdfd.com> wrote in message news:mn.936a7d61f268d624.48077@r...

Exchange update problem

Crash on 'Send"

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Outlook 2003