Our Small Business Server 4.5 crashed yesterday and could only be
started by doing a repair of  Windows NT.  Unfortunately, this left the
Small Business Server programs partially installed.  Now, Exchange will
not start.  It has the message "A connection could not be made to the
Microsoft Exchange Server".  I tried to reinstall Exchange, but get the
message "This component is already installed and cannot be modified".
Microsoft Exchange does not appear under Add/Remove Programs, so I
cannot uninstall it either.  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Deborah

0
obxgirl61 (3)

obxgirl61@hotmail.com wrote in news:1134072924.953758.278970
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Our Small Business Server 4.5 crashed yesterday and could only be
> started by doing a repair of  Windows NT.  Unfortunately, this left the
> Small Business Server programs partially installed.  Now, Exchange will
> not start.  It has the message "A connection could not be made to the
> Microsoft Exchange Server".  I tried to reinstall Exchange, but get the
> message "This component is already installed and cannot be modified".
> Microsoft Exchange does not appear under Add/Remove Programs, so I
> cannot uninstall it either.  Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.

This can get very tricky. Do you have backups? I'd suggest getting
someone to help you in person.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org

0
obxgirl61 (3)

WMP for Server 2008
Hi, I Can't install WMP 11 on Windows Server 2008. I've download it from <A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1d224714-e238-4e45-8668-5166114010ca&displaylang=en&Hash=QRNfA%2btEoqQvkuyyw%2fdd3rih%2fWmBiyB7QoeCik%2bRVPj%2bqquyeCPY6da2imoKWkAp5V3G7HjvwMaPIvI3viQLrw%3d%3d" TITLE="this link" id=IEESCLink>this link</A>. But after istall start I receive the message during installation process: "There are no any updates for your system". Install stopped after that. On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 22:56:01 -08...

Moving users to new business unit
I setup one main business unit and have 3 users assigned to it. We are now looking into getting CRM for another one of our companies, but do not want the users of these 2 companies to see each other's contacts etc. I have setup 2 new business units, each children of the one parent. If I move user A (whom can read all, edit all contacts is db right now) into New Unit 1, will they still be able to have all the same access? If I create a NEW user under New Unit 2, will that user be able to see the contacts for User A? Basically it comes down to is how to restrict complete access b...

Moving database between servers
Hi I have 2 Exchange servers in the same domain name. I want to know if there is a good way to move the database from one server to the other. I know I could use the Wizard in Active directory and computer to move the users from one server to a other but I would like to know if there is a better way to do the operation. Thank you for your help Sebastien The best way is to migrate/move the users, as you have already mentioned. Bob "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBB0D2CD-B07E-49A8-A8EA-EC3642B575E2@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I ha...

Text Boxes #4
I have a number of text boxes within charts that highlight some of the information. I change the data that produces the charts and would like to automatically change the text in the text box by linking the text box to cells within a worksheet. Is this possible to do? Thanks Graham Hi Graham you can link a text box to a cell, 1) click on the text box 2) click in the formula bar 3) type =A1 (or whatever cell) 4) press enter Cheers JulieD "Graham Parkinson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219f01c4d884$799b2570$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have a...

Cannot capture IE 5 mouse events
I’m trying to capture IE mouse events from VC++. First I subscribed to IHTMLDocumentEvents2, interface and look for HTMLDOCUMENTEVENTS2_ONCLICK Event.( Within a subclass of CHtmlView ) However I don’t get the notification when the actual event happens. Same code works in Win XP with IE 6. Subscription code is as follows ……….. IHTMLDocument2 * pElem ; // valid pointer to HTMLDocument2 …. LPUNKNOWN pUnkSink = GetIDispatch(FALSE); HRESULT hr; IConnectionPointContainer* pCPC = NULL; // Check that this is a connectable object. hr = pElem->QueryInterface( IID_IConnectionPointContainer, ...

Exchange 2007
I've been running the Exchange 2007 evaluation. On one of my configurations my messages weren't getting through so I tried to look at the mailbox size and the users connected. And I can't find how to do this in the graphical admin interface. I've asked some of my collegues and they don't know how to do it either. Am I missing something here? One of the first things I do on when arriving on a customer site is to check out the list of mailboxes and who is connected and I can't figure out how to do it on Exchange 2007. powershell get-mailboxstatistics will get y...

Can't backup Exchange Server from NTBackup Utilities
Hi, I encounter the similar problem as case (Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 249668), so, I following the instruction to double-click the words Microsoft Exchange, but it return a dialog box "Remote Store - Type the name of the server to query" so, I type in the server name that installed the Microsoft Exchange server, but nothing happen. I am still not able to select the components under Microsoft Exchange Server. Any idea? (Our MS Exchange Server (5.5) located in a Windows 2000 server with SP 4) I am trying to backup the Exchsrvr folder only, but 46 files are ski...

Money Small Business
Would like to know if I would be able to prepare invoice in money small busness and sent out as word document format. Which version of Money would support this. My vendor accepts invoice only in word document. ...

Q: Exchange 5.5 logging options?
What is the minimum logging options in Exchange 5.5 to be able to log mail traffic with the following information: Sender Address Destination Address Subject Line Date and Time And maybe message size This for, in the first case, SMTP mail but if it�s possible, even for internal mails. /Peter Message Tracking logs will give you this data (except subject, which is useless anyway). You have to enable it on MTA Site Configuration Information Store Site Configuration and on each connector. If you insist on subject you will have setup message journaling (see release notes for your current Exc...

CRM 4.0 workflow.config error
Hi, I am getting the following in my trace log in CRM 4.0. "The DotNetAssembly upgrade failed: Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Failed validating the workflow.config file. The 'entity' attribute is not declared." The workflow.config is fine and contains a parameter as follows: <parameter name="AccountID" datatype="lookup" entityname="account" attribute="accountid"/> I know that it is calling the workflow step though because an earlier error was fixed when I changed the config of the step. Does anyone know what is going on? CRM 4...

Freeing up space on an Exchange 5.5 server
Hello everyone. I got some very usefull advice to move some of the uninstall directories out of the C:\winnt directory to another location to free up space on the C drive. In my ongoing effort to free up space on this Exchange 5.5 server I found a .TMP folder in the following directory c:\documents and settings\admin1\local settings\temp. The folder is called WZS47.TMP and dated 01/14/02. It looks like it contains an installer for an old anti-spam product that is no longer installed on the server. It is about 50 MB in size. Do you think it is safe to delete it? Thanks. On Thu, 8 Sep ...

Business Alerts On PA
Hi All I am trying to create a business aleart for Project Accounting Module. My requirement is to give an alert when ever my project budget exceeds 80% of the cost. I tried creating an alert from Tools> Utilities> System > Business Alerts. I have inserted the budget tables but i am stuck after that........ i cant' proceed further. Can any one tell me how to create a Business alert for PA. Any help is appreciated Regards Reddy Do you own SmartList Builder? "hells.world" wrote: > Hi All > > I am trying to create a business aleart for Project Accounting M...

clipboard shows busy but is not
i am trying to paste material from word perfect but clipboard says busy when i know it is not - any help?-- katherine Are you pasting to Publisher? Word Perfect is not exactly compatible with Publisher. Have you tried copying into Word and then Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "katydids" <katydids@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D76EFB95-9646-4830-BE0F-C87A31C03778@microsoft.com... >i am trying to paste material from word perfect but clipboard says busy when > i know...

Removing the First Server Exchange Server
We are currently trying to remove an older exchange 2000 server. We followed through the appropriate KB articles and then turned off the server before permanently removing it. Everything seems to be fine that day, but by the next morning some users complain that exchange is running very, very slow. But its only a few people. These symptoms go away once the server is turned back on. Any thoughts or suggestions? Have you replicated all the system public folders to the new server and are all the users pointed to the new server we found a couple that did not "follow" the m...

Outlook 2007 Keeps Prompting for Password (Exchange 2003)
Sorry if this post came through twice. ***** Friend, I'm using Outlook 2007 to connect to Exchange 2003. Everything is working well for the most part but for some reason Outlook periodically asks me for my username/password. The problem persists even when I click the "remember username/password" checkbox. I don't understand why this is happening. Outlook and Exchange are both on the same LAN so it's not like I'm losing my connection or anything. What's causing this? It usually happens if Outlook has been open but inactive for a while and I try to do something l...

How to Backup Exchange 5.5
We're running Small Business Server 4.5 which comes with Exchange Server 5.5. I'm totally new to Exchange Server, but I'm responsible for backing it up now. :-) So, would someone mind telling me exactly what I need to do to backup all the e-mails, contacts, etc. in Exchange so that I could restore them if we had a disaster. I'm looking for the easiest (maybe not the most efficient) way to do this. We're currently using a backup product from a company called OnStream. As far as I can tell, it's just a 'dumb' tape backup with no Exchange-specific functionality...

2 Servers
We have a new Windows Server 2008 as a Domain controller. We also have the existing Server with Windows Server 2003. We are thinking of using the older Windows Server 2003 as a Mail Server running Exchange Server 2007. How should we configure the Server runing Exchange SErver 2007: (a) as a Domain Controller (Backup Domain Controller) (b) as a Member Server Your response will be appreciated. Regards, Guido it doesn't matter.. if you will only run the mail server on it.. or you can create a virtual server and run only the mail server on it as well.. easier ...

Error when closing Process Server
I am getting an error when closing the Process Server. The error title bar: DDE Server Window: Dynamics.exe - Application Error Error Message: The exception unknown software exception (0xc00200001) occurred in the application at location 0x77e4bee7. Click on OK to terminate the program Has anyone seen this error before, or know how to correct? Windows 2003 Server, GP10 sp2... ...

Can't Use Outlook after changing Servers
Moved users from one server to another. Users map USER folder to U:\ drive, no chnage there. After move when trying to open Outlook it stops with an error that there is a security problem with the .pst file. There is none I can find. Tried deleting Outlook profile for user and installing a new one, came up with same pst file. tried adding a second pst file and get the same security violation, No other files have problems, WORD or Excel. ideas?? dave Admin ...

Can't See New Public Folders on Just Added Backend Exchange Server
I recently added a new exchange server to an existing site,admin group, routing group. I am running in native mode. Now when I create new public folders on the new server, my clients are not seeing it (all client mailboxes are on the first server). It has been several hours now and they are still not visible. Any ideas? Thanks, tke042 ...

eConnect Adapter for BizTalk Server 2006
Hi, I just would like to ask if any one of you guys have used the econnect adapter for BizTalk Server. I have successfully installed the econnect adapter for Biztalk, have done all the steps in the sdk ( added the econnect adapter in biztalk administration manager, created a new send port, ect. ) but I keep on getting this error unable to obtain service organization from the adapter value cannot be null parameter name: stream I have searched google for possible solutions to this problem but have found none. A lot of people using this econnect adapter encounter the same error as I do and n...

Exchange 5.5 standard hit 16gb limit!
Exchange server standard 5.5 hit 16gb limit. seems the admin account used for internet connector service has about 2 million messages in it. Theres only a gb or so left on the drive, I cannot delete that users mailbox. Im guessing because its a logged operation and theres not enough diskspace for the log. I dont have the mailbox cleanup wizard from sp3, what can be done? A defrag of course wont work since it needs 10% additional (still wouldnt cleanup those 2 million messages!). So.. it comes up and a few minutes later goes down again. How else can I get these messages removed with this...

Exchange Disaster Recovery #4
We are using Exchange 2003 with Veritas 9.0. Individual mailbox backup was taking way too long so now I'm just backing up the malibox store. I am aware that if I want to restore (1) users mailbox I would have to restore the whole store...can I resstore to a different mailbox store on the same Exchange server for disaster recovery or do I need another Exchange server? If I can, what are the procedures for doing so? Kind Regards, Ali On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:31:38 -0400, "obgyn" <obgyn@comunities.nospam.com> wrote: >We are using Exchange 2003 with Veritas 9.0. Ind...

How to disable the "implicit mx record" in Exchange
I am having a problem with exchange sending to hosts in recipient domains where these hosts are not actually mail servers. After a lot of review of the SMTP logs, I realized that sometimes Exchange is sending to the correct MX record host, and sometimes it is sending to the host with the A record for the actual domain. When I say the record for the domain, I mean an A record that refences the bare domain name rather than an individual host in the domain. So when Exchange gets a DNS timeout looking up an MX record, it falls back to sending to the domain A record. This causes an immed...

GroupShield 4.5
Hi, Can anyone point me to an online 4.5 manual. My network administrator has suggested that attachments which are sent me and are being blocked by GS 4.5 is quite difficult to have a script/permissions written which will allow the attachments to get through. Thanks for any advice. Grant. Hi Grant, I've got the manuals on PDF... I'll e-mail them to you. From what I remember it's very much a case that you either block the file type for all users or you don't... Regards, Chris For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk >-----Original M...