Our Small Business Server 4.5 crashed yesterday and could only be
started by doing a repair of  Windows NT.  Unfortunately, this left the
Small Business Server programs partially installed.  Now, Exchange will
not start.  It has the message "A connection could not be made to the
Microsoft Exchange Server".  I tried to reinstall Exchange, but get the
message "This component is already installed and cannot be modified".
Microsoft Exchange does not appear under Add/Remove Programs, so I
cannot uninstall it either.  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Deborah

0
obxgirl61 (3)

obxgirl61@hotmail.com wrote in news:1134072924.953758.278970
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Our Small Business Server 4.5 crashed yesterday and could only be
> started by doing a repair of  Windows NT.  Unfortunately, this left the
> Small Business Server programs partially installed.  Now, Exchange will
> not start.  It has the message "A connection could not be made to the
> Microsoft Exchange Server".  I tried to reinstall Exchange, but get the
> message "This component is already installed and cannot be modified".
> Microsoft Exchange does not appear under Add/Remove Programs, so I
> cannot uninstall it either.  Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.

This can get very tricky. Do you have backups? I'd suggest getting
someone to help you in person.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org

0
obxgirl61 (3)

Out of office in exchange server 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? Because if the client's machine is off, there will not be any replies sent. I am using the internet mail connector in exchange server 5.5. Thank you See reply to your later post in here. leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? Because if the client's machine is off, > there will not be any replies sent. I am using the internet mail > connector in exchange server 5.5...

Exchange 2003
Hi, The OWA,OMA and other exchange virtual directories are by default installed under the default IIS website. I would like to setup the virtual directories in two newly created website in IIS. I want one website with the OWA vdirs and the other with the OMA vdirs. How can I achieve this. Is there a document/link to help me? Thanks in advance. "al" <al@al.com> wrote in message news:7127ff73ed8b8c8b68cd38161d5@news.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > The OWA,OMA and other exchange virtual directories are by default installed > under the default IIS website. > I wo...

i am having trouble locating my server
i cannot receive my emails. the error report says that it cannot find a server Have you checked with your ISP's help site? Based on your IP address I think you're in Australia. See if the article here helps: http://www.aapt.com.au/support/55.asp "talkeesha" <talkeesha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78072F02-9CAE-485E-A9B8-03E297727716@microsoft.com... >i cannot receive my emails. the error report says that it cannot find a >server ...

Demoting a 2003 Domain Controller Hosting SQL Server
We have a 2-node Windows Server 2003 cluster, with both nodes as domain controllers and running clustered SQL Server 2003. I realise this goes against all good practice, and that is partly why I am trying to do the following. We additionally have two Windows Server 2008 R2 domain member servers, which we wish to make domain controllers. We then wish to demote the two existing WS2003 DCs. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to demote the 2003 DCs whilst they are hosting SQL Server 2003? I can stop the instance service, but I wouldn't want to uninstall SQL Serv...

Exchange routing trouble
I have 1 AD forest with a child domain. 1 enterprise mail org with 1 administrative group. Recently we added an exchange server in the child domain, the server is a member of the same administrative group (and thus the same mail org) as the original. The child domain is in a branch office connected by inet VPN tunnel. Probelm: Original server's queue to the new server is filling with a bunch of messages to "new server-IS@mydomain.com" the queue is always in retry. The same occurs in reverse on the new server (messages to "origianl server-IS@mydomain.com") queue is a...

save e-mail on server
Everytime I sign on to check my e-mail I have discovered the "advanced" setting to save my e-mail for 60 days on the server is turned off. How do I get this setting to permanently stay activated? Hard to say without any configuration details and what exactly you did where. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Irish Travelor" <Irish Travelor@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Exchange Permissions #3
We have a forest with accounts in the root domain and exchange servers in the child domains. There is no exchange server in the root domain. We have setup a group with permissions to set user mailboxes. According to a doc I read the user setting the mailboxes must still have full exchange rights in the exchange admin group. Currently admin can set mailboxes in admin groups they have only view rights delegated to them. Any ideas why this is? The second issue is we had a non admin user run forest prep and somehow was delegated full exchange admin rights over the exchange organization...

Exchange 2003 replication
Dears, I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (mailboxs) between two sites in the same organaization without using third party software? On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:51:06 -0800, ala <ala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dears, >I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (mailboxs) between two sites in >the same organaization without using third party software? Nope. No. Nue "ala" <ala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18DB2FC9-E67A-46D4-A99E-680B3300C6A4@microsoft.com... > Dears, > I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (m...

sql server 2000: most frequented tables -> script wanted
hallo, could someone please provide me a script, which throws the most frequented tables used within a sql server 2000 database? i am aware of one (see below) for sql server 2005, but due to new functionalities within sql server 2005 it can not be backported. SELECT TOP 20 db_name(database_ID), object_name(object_id), leaf_insert_count, leaf_delete_Count, leaf_update_count, range_scan_count, row_lock_count FROM sys.dm_db_index_operational_stats(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL) WHERE db_name(database_ID)='<Datenbank-Name>' ORDER BY leaf_update_count desc --oder ...

Many to 1 Relationships in CRM 4.0 #2
Hi I just wondering if there is a suggested way to create multiple many to 1 relationships in CRM 4.0. We have created a custom entity and we need to associate more than 1 type of contact with the custom entity. We have a nominated and a registered contact. We have created two many to 1 relationships with contacts and the custom entity. The problem is that the name of the custom entity now appears twice in the navigation pane for contacts. We can select the 'Do not display option' however the custom entity will not appear in the navigation pane for the 'nominated contacts&...

Exchange 2000 data store size does not shrink
Hi, We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the evn when we set the temp size increase registry switch. Any ideas? In news:2B3413A7-9F3D-44E9-A0D1-06E7B1D55135@microsoft.com, KCHobson <KCHobson@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB > (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less > than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the ...

Error while installing languega pack, CRM 4.0
Hello, I installed succesfully the german language pack for crm. When I try to activate this languega pack over the Webinterface i get an error. The application log tells me this: Source: MSCRMWebService Description: MUI Provisioning failed. Error: Thread was being aborted. Any ideas? I searched in previous entrys here, but wasn't able to find a solution. Thanks! Regards Rene On the crm database run the following command: Delete from MetadataSchema.LocalizedLabel where CustomizationLevel = 2 NB: make sure you have a backup. And ofcourse this is not supported but should work. -...

Combo Box #5
Hi- Would you please show me how to create a combo box that allows me to choose from a drop down list and also type in text? For example, if a doctor wants to choose from a drop down list of vaccinations given to a patient but also wants to type in the date they were administered in the same cell. Thank you! ...

Saving copy of e-mail on server
How do I stop saving copies of all my e-mails to my server. It's gettoing jammed. Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >How do I stop saving copies of all my e-mails to my >server. It's gettoing jammed. Thanks! >. > What kind of a server do you use? POP3, Hotmail, MSN, or IMAP? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

MsMoney2004 Small Business
Online services to my bank (BECU) worked as advertised until 12/06/03, since then whenever I attempt to download statements I get this error. "The Internet, banking, or brokerage server could not process the request. Please try your call again later. (OFXHTTP400)" A through search of OFXHTTP400 reveals nothing. My bank asked me to check for "connlog.txt, or OFXlog.txt. I have neither. KB 179836 say to do this --For Money 2002 and later, follow these steps: 1.. Quit Money. 2.. Insert your Money CD into your CD-ROM drive and hold down the SHIFT key at the same time to prevent...

5.5 to 2003 Distribution Group ADC
Question: If Distribution Lists contain astrick's in the display name, alias name, directory name, ie: "* All Users", is there any problem with the ADC not being able to replicate to Active Directory/E2k3? I remember reading something a while back on this, but can't find any information on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance! Scott ...

Configuring Outlook2003 for sync with Exchange
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3A9C6.7BAC1600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My primary machine is changing from a desktop to a laptop next week. = What I'd like to do is configure Outlook so that I can "work online" = most of the time, but when at specific times [manual selection, = scheduled time, when Outlook is shut down], I'd like it to sync my = calendar, tasks, email, contact list, and <if possible>GAL</if possible> = so I can work while no...

Exchange 5.5 The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
Ok sorry this is the complete message. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. To: Leo Subject: Test Sent: 4/8/2004 5:17:29 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Leo on 4/8/2004 5:17 PM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=MVCHAMBER;l=MVC5-040409001729Z-863 MSEXCH:IMS:MVCHAMBER:MVCHAMBER:MVC5 3553 (000B09B6) 553 mail rejected due to excessive spam (64.168.156.138) The Echange Server IP is 64.168.156.139 Any ideas??????????? Help! It is blocking sending to anyone@expressnets.com Gen...

VBA to export large tables from Excel to SQL Server

Multiple Servers?
Can FRX pull data from multiple servers which are physically sitting in different locations? My company has done an acquisition. Does all of the GL data need to be sitting on the same server or can I consolidate financial statements from servers that are sitting in different cities? Thanks. Yes, It is possible to do a consolidation with data coming from different servers. In the System Specific tab of the company setup, you would require different DSNs (Data Source Names) for each server. However you mention that the servers are in different cities, so unless you have a fast link be...

active directory, exchange, crm
I am trying to figure out the best way to allocate to minimal amount of hardware the following components: active directory, exchange, crm (1+ installations), virtual server, etc. if I had only 2 actual servers, which one should have active directory, exchange, sql server, crm, virtual servers, etc.Should all CRM instances go onto virtual servers? should I use redundant disk on both servers? Also what is the best approach for windows updates in production environment? could they cause problems, crashes, etc.? I recently had a bugcheck x50 when tried running the security updates that were in...

UNION query taking 5 minutes for approx 2000 records
I am dealing with data from two hospitals, each with their version of the database. I am trying to group records of admissions and discharges from each hospital by patient (URN), date of admission (DOA), date of discharge (DISCH) and time of admission (TOA) where at least one patient record represents a transfer from hosp A (KEMH) to hosp B (PMH) ie where demogr_urPM.ADMIT_SOURCE Like "KEMH*". The individual SELECT queries run quickly enough but the UNION query I am using takes approx 5 min to return about 2000 records. The source tables, demogr_ur (for hosp A) and demogr...

Install Exchange in another tree in the forest
I have two trees in the forest (leon.local and noel.local) and am trying to install my second exchange server in the second tree (noel.local). The installation program always tells me that it cannot contact the global catalog. The global catalog is in leon.local and I can ping it successfully. If you check the following log, it seems after checking forest prep and domain prep, it goes to the global catalog and check if the domain contains it is domainpreped. It says it is not but obviously it is because I have successfully installed the first Exchange server in leon.local. Any ideas? ...

Where can I find Exchange EventID Descriptions #2
Hello. I need to create software which analyse MSExchange event log on the fact of occurence critical Exchange Server events. But can't find more or less full description of MS Exchange Server 5.5/2000 events. I've tried to find it in MSDN, Exchange SDK - nothing. Where can I find full description of MS Exchange Server events ID's (eventlog). Thanks. have a look at www.eventid.net they have a great event id resource and event monitors Simon "Igor" <igor_bo@pochta.ru> wrote in message news:266001c3e0dd$4e1948e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello. > I need to cr...

Uninstall/Reinstall
I am going to uninstall and reinstall my office 2003 software and am wondering if I will lose all my calendar and contact settings, saved emails, etc? If so, is there any way I can save this information before I reinstall? JoAnn jkjmwilliams;118945 Wrote: > I am going to uninstall and reinstall my office 2003 software and am > wondering if I will lose all my calendar and contact settings, saved > emails, > etc? If so, is there any way I can save this information before I > reinstall? > JoAnn Please state why you believe an uninstall/reinstall is necessary. ...