Cannot open Public folders in Exchange System Manager

Hello,

I have a problem opening public folders in Exchange system manger. The MMC
hangs, when I click on "Public Folders", but these folders can be reached and
opened in Outlook.

The Public Folder Store is mounted.

I guess it has something to do with the Exchange servers' IIS TCP port,
which was 80, when Exchange was installed. Unfortunately it had to be changed
later.

Could that be the problem? And if so, how to I tell Exchange that the port
has changed?

Thanks in advance!

0
Tomk1 (10)

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:25:16 -0700, "TomK"
<TomK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a problem opening public folders in Exchange system manger. The MMC
>hangs, when I click on "Public Folders", but these folders can be reached and
>opened in Outlook.

Is Outlook installed on the machine you're using?
0
spam1754 (19)
7/18/2005 3:45:25 PM
Hi Richard,

no, there's only Outlook Express, which came with Windows Server 2003.
0
Tomk1 (10)
7/18/2005 3:55:02 PM
Hi,

The virtual server that contains Exadmin must use port 80.
If not, see article:

You receive an "80040E19" error message when you try to connect to public
folders by using Exchange System Manager
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282125

There are othe possible causes at this article.

--
Cesar Gabardo

"TomK" wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> no, there's only Outlook Express, which came with Windows Server 2003.
Hi Cesar,

that is what I expected. I'll try to remove the other application using port
80. Then I'll see what happens.

Thanks for your advice.

Tom.
0
Tomk1 (10)

If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com > > "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >> Hello All - >> >> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >> there an easy way to do this? >> >> Thanks, >> Blake > > > > > ...

Exchange Active Sync #4
I have a user with a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Sprint advertises that this is supported by Exchange 2003 Server Active Sync. Microsoft has documented that Active Sync is included with Exchange 2003 at no additional cost. I have not been able to find documentation on how to install and configure Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Can anyone point me to Microsoft or Sprint/PalmOne documentation on how to setup Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Treo 650? I work with the American Red Cross, a non-profit organization. I appreciate your help and support. On ...

Message "class not registered" opening sheet with macros Excel 97
I have created a document with Macros and is password protected. I have sent it to several people who are able to use it - the one who can't is using Excel 97 SP2. They are getting error message "class not registered" - could it be the version they are using and how do I make sure they are able to use it. This could simply be a version issue if you developed on a later version and used controls from that versions object libraries. You should always use the lowest version to develop on. If this is not the case look in the VBE on the faulty machine and check tools>ref...

Undeliverable folder
I have some email going into the Outlook routers undeliverable folder these Emails have a crm tracking token in the subject line so I can't understand why they dont get routed. Most emails route fine. Has anyone seen this before ? ...

InPlace ugrade from Exchange 2000 to 2003 recovery question
Hi, Will shortly be doing an inplace upgrade from Exchange 2000 enterprise edition to Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. After we do all the steps ie. Forestprep/domainprep etc then do the actual upgrade if the upgrade fails how do we roll back. We use Brightstor Arcserve version 11 which is supported by Exchange 2000 and we backup doing the Full method not bricks level. I have documentation on how to restore Exchange using this but this just restores the database to my knowledge (never had to do it) with exchange 2000 so how do I roll back a failed upgrade. We have to do an inplace...

exchange 2003
I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they can not connect. Do I need to change settings at their locations? DNS?? WINNS??? It depends on type of client, but generally proper DNS setup is required. Also make sure that no firewalls interfere. laker18 wrote: > I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in > the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 > other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they > can not co...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error
When I try to install E2003 SP1 I get the error: EventType exchangesetuperror, P1 6_5_7226_0, P2 update, P3 microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services, P4 install, P5 e0070101, P6 _null_, P7 1, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NI The log says it cannot find a file but I can't tell which file it's looking for. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

Sync of folders between WLM and Hotmail
I have folders in WLM that do not appear in Hotmail. Does it make a difference where I created them (WLM or Hotmail)? An e-mail in a WLM folder appears in my Inbox folder in Hotmail. How do I synchronize my folders? Is your Hotmail account(hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com) set up as an = http or pop3 account (Right click account in the left hand pane/Properties/Server tab) If Pop3, folders created in WLM are present only in WLM and folders = created in Hotmail web UI are only present in the web UI If http, folders created in one place are present in both after = synchroniza...

Issue with Deployment Manager
Dear Friends, After install CRM 1.2, when we try to access Users Administrators in the Deployment Manager, we receive a message, that we can't connect to METABASE Database, errocode 80004005 Has somebody find the same problem? Thank you. Manel Moreno Is crm from the web client working? "Manel Moreno" <mmoreno@watermark-europe.com> wrote in message news:u5OzbYo5DHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear Friends, > > After install CRM 1.2, when we try to access Users Administrators in the > Deployment Manager, we receive a message, that we can't connect t...

Sub Folders
Hi Is there a way to check if a folder has a sub folder and if yes get its name, also to loop until no sub folder is found. C:\Weeks Post\Sundays Post\Mondays Post\Tuesdays Post etc. Create Post array Post(0) = Sundays Post Post(1) = Mondays Post Post(2) = Tuesdays Post something like this, can you help? regards Ron On 24/11/2009 09:52, LondonLad wrote: > Hi > Is there a way to check if a folder has a sub folder and if yes get its name, > also to loop until no sub folder is found. > > C:\Weeks Post\Sundays Post\Mondays Post\Tuesdays Post etc. > ...

How do I prevent "Help" from opening when I open Excel?
Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. How do I pevent this? I only want Excel to open with a new sheet. -- Lee P Lee Help or TaskPane. For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open Excel should not display. If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. >How do I pevent this? I only want Exce...

cannot open outlook 2000
"this opration has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" I have already tried the steps listed in MS Knowledge Base article 310049, with no luck. Any other suggestions ? Thanks. ...

lost data when opening excel workbooks ; text import wizard popup
When opening many of my excel files ,which all have the same modification date, I come across the text import wizard which states that my text in these files is 'delimited'. All of the files ,including a few word doc.s have had their data changed to show all " y " with two dots above the letter for as far as the eye can see. No import or export has been done with the files and no modifications were done on that date, as far as I know. Is this a corruption problem or is their some 'fix' that I am overlooking. Thanks for any ideas. ...

What does #REF! mean in the Name Manager
I have a 2007 workbook with 6-7 sheets. I made some changes to cell names and apparently made some mistakes. When I open the Name Manager, the last entry looks like this: Name Value Refers to Scope Comments x #REF! =#REF!$C$25 Workbook I cannot find that name anywhere. I have looked in C25 on every sheet. What does this mean? >Name Value Refers to Scope Comments > x #REF! =#REF!$C$25 Workbook #REF! means it's an invalid reference. Did you delete a sheet? If so, that's probably why you're getting those. -- Biff Micro...

How do I get excel files to open automatically from directories?
When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get the file I want. There must be a way to have them open automatically. On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:22:01 -0800, Damian <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get >a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get >the file I want. > >There must be a way to have them open automatically. Go to Tools -> Options -> Gen...

Not able to open imported accounts 4.0
We have a situation where we've updated a client from 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and have an import that brings in new Accounts. Unfortunately, we can open accounts that don't have a parent account but can't open the parent account itself. In essence, we have two accounts with another one the parent - we can open ones that show the parent, but again, we get an error - see yor administrator. Is there a rights issue or relational setup we're missing. ...

"Move to folder" icons unlabeled
Using the "Move to Folder" command, the icons displayed are missing their names/labels. I've used this feature for years, but I just purchased a new copy/license of Outlook and installed it on a new PC with Windows 7.0, and it is giving this problem. Nothing happens if I right-click the icons displayed, and I've searched in vain for help in the MS support forums as well as the Microsoft site. Thanks in advance for your solution(s)!! ...

Migrating Grant Management from EBS Porect Tracking to AA
We are going to migrate Grant Management from Project Tracking to AA for an upgrade from GP 7.5 to 9.0. We are planning to follow the Microsoft conversion roadmap document. Has anyone else done this? Was the MS method successful or did you take a different approach? Thanks!!! ...

Clarification please on exchange 2003 with DPM Server 2010
I would like to protect an exchange 2003 setup remotely. In the event of a problem such as accidently deleted mail etc. the way to restore the database files would is to use a recovery storage group? Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server or can the databases be restored onto a disk taken out to the server and then loaded into the recovery storage group? I am not sure what you mean "Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server" but yes to restore the exchange databases you can restore the files ...

Exchange server recovery advice needed
Folks We have been hit by a relatively big disk crash and I have to rebuild our exchange 2003 (SP1) server Fortunately I have a fully working backup but I still need to "replay" some LOG files as we only do weekly "full" snapshot. So to cut a long story short I have recovered and restarted the server as it was one week ago and everything seems fine EXCEPT for the messages (and other items) created since last backup. I DO have the log file for those days... but how do I "replay" them ? What is my best course of action ? At the moment I plan to create a separat...

selectively download folders from isp
I am having trouble with Outlook. I have a yahoo account and I have mulitple folders on that account. I was wondering if there was a way to only download what is in my yahoo inbox and not in my yahoo bulk folder. Hi Moose I you take a look at your preferences in yahoo mail - http://mail.yahoo.com you have the option to send bulk mail to your pop3 client. As easy as that. Chris "MOOSE" <MOOSE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADA4254F-0DB3-47BD-AC3F-D34AFD4ADEC5@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble with Outlook. I have a yahoo account and I hav...

Exchange ActiveSync
Hello All, I am having a problem with Exchange ActiveSync. It has been working for about 4 months now, and nothing has really changed. I was able to sync it to my IPaq via a VPN into the network with no problems. Well, today it started with an Internet Error_2 when trying to sync. I get a n event log error saying that there is a problem in the web.config file on line 72, which happens to be the lines that Microsoft has you add via KB#823265. I have searched and searched. Anyone have any ideas?? ...

Outlook 2002 multiple file opening
In Outlook 2000, CTRL A would select all attached picture files, then Open would, in my case, open the files in Paintshop Pro. With the 2002 version I cannot find a way to do this. Any suggestions? ...

Integration Manager
Using Integration manager i am able to insert fixed allocation accounts for general ledger. However, if i have to make changes to these accounts, say if i want to change percentages and then update the old percentages with the new ones, the updates fail when i use Integration Manager. Error Message displayed - xxxx-xx-xxxx distribution account already exist. Can anybody tell me why is the updates fail and how to overcome it? And please note that integration is set in "INSERT & UPDATE" mode. Doc, Integration Manager does not update transactions. That drop down option should ...

Deleting Folders
Hi, I have all my accounts synchronised. I have inadvertently deleted a folder with many sub-folders under my local folders. Does anyone know if I can retrieve and how? Appreciate any help. This info. is very important. In case of Exchange; Tools-> Recover Deleted Items... In case of a pst; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...