cannot open public folder calendar in calendar view

We are using Outlook 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 native mode SP2, Windows 2003
native mode SP1

I have created a public folder calendar to use for vacation scheduling. We
can see it in OWA and if we switch to the folder list view in Outlook 2003,
we can
open it that way, but we would like to be able to open it from the calendar
view in Outlook so we can compare calendars side by side.

Many thanks

wongcna

In news:u2$xFVZAGHA.3268@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
wongcna <wongcna@hotmail.com.nospam> typed:
> We are using Outlook 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 native mode SP2, Windows
> 2003 native mode SP1
>

> I have created a public folder calendar to use for vacation
> scheduling. We can see it in OWA and if we switch to the folder list
> view in Outlook 2003, we can
> open it that way, but we would like to be able to open it from the
> calendar view in Outlook so we can compare calendars side by side.
>

> Many thanks
>
> wongcna

Drag the PF calendar to the Public Folder\Favorites in Outlook. Then you can
click on the Calendar button in the navigation pane and it should show up
there.

0
lanwench (7567)
12/15/2005 5:31:09 PM
Hi Lanwench

You are a bloody star.....

I have spent half day for Googling and MS KB but I couldn't find any
solution

Many Thanks for your help.

Merry X'mas and happy new year.. :-)

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

In news:uvfqD6bAGHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
wongcna <wongcna@hotmail.com.nospam> typed:
> Hi Lanwench
>
> You are a bloody star.....

Awww, shucks.

> I have spent half day for Googling and MS KB but I couldn't find any
> solution
>
> Many Thanks for your help.
>
> Merry X'mas and happy new year.. :-)

You're welcome, and same to you!

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:%23L$9t1ZAGHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>

>> In news:u2$xFVZAGHA.3268@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
>> wongcna <wongcna@hotmail.com.nospam> typed:
>>> We are using Outlook 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 native mode SP2,
>>> Windows 2003 native mode SP1
>>>

>>> I have created a public folder calendar to use for vacation
>>> scheduling. We can see it in OWA and if we switch to the folder list
>>> view in Outlook 2003, we can
>>> open it that way, but we would like to be able to open it from the
>>> calendar view in Outlook so we can compare calendars side by side.
>>>

>>> Many thanks
>>>
>>> wongcna
>>
>> Drag the PF calendar to the Public Folder\Favorites in Outlook. Then
>> you can click on the Calendar button in the navigation pane and it
>> should show up there.

0
lanwench (7567)

How do I open .dbx files saved from my computer in outlook
I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before my computer died. How do I open them on my new computer. It has Vista and office outlook 2007 You need to use Windows Mail and make the folders available there (import from identity - Outlook Express) , before in WM exporting msgs to Exchange (Outlook) "colinswood" <colinswood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD7FEA1C-813C-4DD0-8C22-860B2AABCE9E@microsoft.com... >I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before > my computer died. How do ...

Combining two publications
I have two publications. I would like to selct and copy several pages (a section) from publication #1 and insert them in the middle of the second publication. The pages in question do not have bojects linked to others outside of that section. The two pages in the second publication, between which I want to insert these pages are not linked. Would *love* if I can do this. Jane Here is how I would do it using Publisher 2000. Start Publisher, open file 1. Start Publisher a second time and open file 2. Insert pages where wanted in file to be the final. Copy page/s from other file to t...

Multiple doc/views in MFC
Hello all. So I have this application. It's a MDI doc/view one. The main doc/view works perfectly. Now, I want to add other doc/views. How can I accomplish that? I read something about adding more templates with AddDocTemplate, but this seems right when the document is file based (which is not the case, it is database based) so the doc manager knows which template to load according to the file extension. So the question, how can I create a view with its document in a CMainFrame's method (as a reaction to a menu command)? Thanks in advance. > So the question, how can I create a ...

Page break in normal view set at startup
Excel 2003. Is it possible to have Excel with Tool/Options/View/Page Break always set at startup. Hi Stephen, try adding the following VBA code to the workbook Code: -------------------- Sub Auto_Open() ActiveSheet.DisplayAutomaticPageBreaks = True End Sub -------------------- HTH Art -- HiArt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HiArt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19953 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=402065 Do you mean for a particular workbook or f...

EXCEL 97
Hi there! Ive created a linked spreadsheet in 2003 and am unable to open in 97. The error msg i get is "unable to open - insufficient memory". Any clues how i can get around this little dilema??? Thanks in advance! ...

Event date problem with Entourage calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When trying to add an event in the calendar, the date defaults to January 5, 2010, and won't let you change it to the current date, or the date of the day that the event is being created on. Any suggestions? Same thing happened to me when I first used Entourage calendar. I fixed it by checking the date/time set up under Apple preferences. Sure enough, the date was set wrong. Hope this helps. ...

Location of Tasks public folder
We use a public folder to manage tasks on a network running Win2000. Does anyone know the actual location of this folder, ie; where does Outlook normally store these folders ? The reason I need to know is that I am using a program called Mighty Sync which has the ability to synchronise any file or folder with my PDA. I have admin rights. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ All public folders are stored on the Exchange server in a publics folders mail store....

Losing Mailbox Folder Permissions during migration
Hello. We are in the process of migrating users from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and we are seeing a problem with permissions on individual folders getting migrated properly. The problem is as follows. After a mailbox has been moved to E2K3 (using Move Mailbox Wizard) anyone that use to be able to view one or more folders in that mailbox is no longer able to. This applies to both users still hosted on the old Exch 5.5 boxes as well as the users now hosted on Exch 2003 boxes. The error that the users are getting when they try to view a shared folder in a mailbox that has been mig...

Folder Creation slow in Exchange 2003
Hi, I just got through an Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration, and am working out the kinks. One thing I noticed, when I create a folder in Outlook (i.e. task list, contacts, calendar, etc.) it takes like 4 minutes to add it. Using Exchange 5.5, it was pretty much immediate. Any ideas? I do still have the 5.5 server in the organization, but it's shutdown. Could this have an impact? Thanks, Troy ...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise / Public Folder Store
Hello, I have the following configuration: - Windows 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 - 2 OU with users - each OU has it's own GAL, AL and OAB I created two public folder stores for each OU and to give each OU access to a public folder store. But I even can't my additional Public Folder Store in Outlook. Additionaly I try to replicate one OAB to the additional Public Folder Store. Thanks in advance. Cheers Fabian "But I even can't my additional Public Folder Store in Outlook. " You want to clarify that? "Fabian K�lling" <FabianKlling@dis...

getting filenames from a folder
hi i am working in MFC Dialog based application. I have the path of a folder in a char array.i want to store all the filenams in that folder(includng the path of each file) in a CStringArray. priya hi please look into this MSDN article. "Battling Backup Anxiety with Win32" Eric Bergman-Terrell there is an example code for FindFirstFile, FindNextFile & FindCloseFile API's hope that helps. sreeram "priya" <priya@transversalnet.com> wrote in message news:068b01c343b6$04b622a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > hi > i am working in MFC Dialog based application...

All-In-One Outlook View
I was suprised not to see a view in Outlook where I can see - email, calander and tasks. I can create just about what I need, however, I thought I had seen third party software that can show you everthing on one view ( screen) Ron ...

open a file listed in my db
I an starting a data base to keep up with the different files I would like to be able to double click on the file name and open it I would like to double click on an excel vile name listed in the access db and have it open How would I go about this? gary, Take a look in Access help. Look for "followhyperlink" HTH Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Gary." wrote: > I an starting a data base to keep up with the different files > > I would like to be able to double click on the file name and open it > > I would like...

OPENING A DOCUMENT
Hello I've saved a path and filename to a record. How do I read that record and open the relevant document ie phil.doc as a word document or phil.xls as a excel document,alter this document and save again? If you saved it as a hyperlink, you can open the document just by clicking the link. On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "SetHyperlink.mdb" which illustrates both how to save a document name as a hyperlink and also how it calls up the document. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersacc...

open my back up files
sir, my user id by mistakely delete. so my outlook back up file how i can open it? its not open. iam already create new id and outlook mail . so my old back up file any chance to open. reply me .thanks, minoori13@hotmail.com File > Open > browse to the location of your PST file. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "mohammed iqbal" wrote: > sir, > my user id by mistakely delete. so my outlook back up file how i can open it? > its not open. iam already create new id and outlook mail . so my old back up...

auto open jpeg attachments in outlook, office xp
In outlook express I had it set somehow to automatically open pics(jpeg)for viewing when the e-mails were open. The pics would display in the main e-mail body. How can I set outlook in office xp to do that? Can anyone smarter than me help? (that likely means anyone one reading this!) Help.....he....lp... Is it a security setting I'm missing? Outlook doesn't support inline image viewing. This may make it easier for you to view: http://blogs.officezealot.com/legault/archives/000254.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, One...

Forwarding from personal folder
Error "objects not found" Recieving this error when forwarding multiple items from personal folder. Able to forward one at a time but no more than that. Any assistance provided would be greeatly appreciated. Duane duane.stygar@kellogg.com ...

DG Open slow to open other directories
Hi to ALL, I recently built a new machine with Win XP and Office XP. Initially, Excel was fast (It was almost instantaneous) to open other directories in the OPEN dialog box. Now, a month & a half later, it's a dog. Has anybody else seen this & maybe know what to do about it? Further in my observations, Windows Explorer seems to be still quite responsive. NOTE: I use Scandisk, Defrag & and current LiveUpdate Symantec/Norton's Disk Optimizer regularly with no effect on this issue. I only see the problem in Office products (Just checked Word & Notepad - ...

cannot open file extension.xls
FRX file saved through Excel 2007 with extension .xls cannot be open on 2003 office version attached through email. Help! This discussion group relate to Microsoft Access, have you looked at Victoria's reply to your post in Frx related discssion group http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.frx&mid=2f31afba-cb44-4a90-b25c-188d9cfd7c2e -- Good Luck BS"D "ctart" wrote: > FRX file saved through Excel 2007 with extension .xls cannot be open on 2003 > office version attached through email. Help! ...

Can't view HTML emails in Outlook 2002
I receive daily new articles from Cnet, up until the last few weeks they have been coming across in HTML format, recently they have changed to text format and are unreadable. Nothing has changed within Outlook or my system for that matter, but I am at a loss of what could be causing this issue, I have gone into the Outlook 2002 setting and can't find anything that could be causng this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

PO In Open and History
Ok, I have several of these but I have one in particular that is giving me a DBMS 2627 Primary Key Violation. I have looked and the PO is in POP10100, POP10110, POP10150, POP10500, POP10550, POP30100, POP30110, and POP30310. The receipt is in POP10500, POP10600 but not for the correct matchine line item from 10500, POP30310, POP30300, POP30330 but not for the correct line item, and POP30390. So I have read some other threads that say delete from the current and run checklinks/reconcile. It looks like this one posted completely but did not remove from current correctly. So from which...

Re: Links Won't open Properly
Just to let everyone know; FireFox has released an updated version of their browser (2.0.0.2) and everything is now properly default. Opening links in WM and Outlook now open in Firefox. Thanks to all for you help. "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message news:... >I have done that, and somehow when I went into program defaults (Control >Panel/Default Programs), I have to have it set to IE or it won't open under >Protocols HTTP HTTPS FTP. I can get it to work this way, but only in IE. >Funny though, both browser say they are the default. When I go into ...

Maintaining the same address and calendar on two separate machines.
A friend has Outlook 2003 on his machine at his work office and also in his home Office. He has a Treo 700w smart phone and wants to be able to keep the same address book and calendar on both his machines at the office and at home (I know he will be able to only sync his phone with one computer). Is there an easy way to maintain the same address book and calendar on two machines? Using an Exchange server would be well out of his budget or technical abilities. I'm looking into getting him access to his computer in the office from his home. Thanks. Austin Powers <austinpower...

HowTo:Deliver emails(as .msg) to network folder directly from Exch
Need to deliver emails as their native .msg file with embedded attachments directly from Exchange Server 2003 to a DFS location without having to run an Outlook application instance. E.g. : External email sent > email received into Exchange > Exchange delivers to \\server\share\folder. File/Name is then \\server\share\folder\email.msg in Explorer. Many thanks!! ...