Cannot open PDF in OWA

Users can't open PDF or other attachments when using OWA. Is this by design
or am I missing something in administering our SBS 2003 server?
0
jeckert (3)

Hi,

Is this the errors you experience?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812935/en-us

Leif

"jeckert" <jeckert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Users can't open PDF or other attachments when using OWA. Is this by
> design
> or am I missing something in administering our SBS 2003 server?

Leif,

No error is given.  IE reports that the page is done loading but nothing
occurs.  Not that this helps but this happens on desktops running Office 2003
and Office 2000, both XP Pro SP2.

"Leif Pedersen [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is this the errors you experience?
>
> Leif
>
> "jeckert" <jeckert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Users can't open PDF or other attachments when using OWA. Is this by
> > design
> > or am I missing something in administering our SBS 2003 server?

0
jeckert (3)
11/8/2006 3:55:01 AM
Hi,

Considering what you said, maybe your PDF file was corrupt. You can use
our product Advanced PDF Repair to solve your problem. It's a powerful
PDF recovery tool that can recover all versions of Acrobat PDF files.
Both pages and images in the PDF documents are recoverable too.

You can visit http://www.datanumen.com/apdfr/index.htm for more
detailed information about Advanced PDF Repair.

You can also download a free demo version at
http://www.datanumen.com/apdfr/apdfr.exe

Alan Chen
DataNumen, Inc. - World leader in data recovery technologies
Website: http://www.datanumen.com
Fax: +1-800-9917-FAX (US Toll-Free), +852-31829286 (HONG KONG)

0
group9765 (10)

Excel Worksheet Opens in Outlook Message
I have an Excel worksheet that is being copied to another computer using xcopy. When you open the copied file, it opens in an Outlook, in a new message. The file is not marked read-only, and the Ignore other Application box is not checked. This worksheet opens correctly in Excel on the computer from which this file is copied. Perry Perry Mayhaps the other computer's file associations are screwed up. Does other computer have Excel installed? Try this first Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start...

opening Excel from Internet Explorer
When I click on a .xls file link in Internet Explorer, it views the file in the browser. Is there a way to make the Excel link open up the file in Excel rather than the browser? Thanks... How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059 Jeff wrote: > > When I click on a .xls file link in Internet Explorer, it views the file in the browser. Is there a > way to make the Excel link open up the file in Excel rather than the browser? Thanks... -- Dave Peterson ...

The number 1 is appened to filename after file is opened
I am trying to find out why the number 1 is added to the file name after it is opened in Excel? I am using Excel from Office 97. It only happens when I open the file from Windows Explorer or from a shortcut on my desktop. It sounds like windows is using New as the default action when you doubleclick on the filename in windows explorer. If you right click on a *.xls file, you'll see a bunch of options--one will be Open and one will be New. Open should be the bold (default) one. I bet you'll see New in bold. If that's the case, you can try this: Close Excel and Windows Start...

mailto: 62 instances of IE6 will open
Hi, If I click on a mailto: link on a web page or in Outlook (2002 SP3) I get a message "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not installed" then 62 instances of IE6 will open. Default client is set to Outlook in IE. Any ideas? Have you tried switching to Outlook Express (select apply) and then switch back to Outlook? Doing this in IE's programs tab might be enough to rewrite some of the supporting registry keys that support the mailto: url handler. "Frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54720...

Open Letter: I'm skipping M05
After running a copy of M05 Deluxe on my laptop and doing parallel data entry in M04 on my desktop and M05 on the laptop since the 17th of September, I have decided to exercise the 30DMBG and skip M05. Here's my "brief statement" for the product returns folks: --------------- Money 2005 provides no significant new features of use to me, increases dependency on the Internet needlessly and surreptitiously, introduces new defects, fixes few of the old defects, includes several annoying arbitrary changes, modifies my data file silently, and appears to be a vehicle tailored more to d...

Excel 2002 SP3: In Open Dialog, Some File Names Appear in Blue
Can anyone tell me why some filenames appear in blue instead of black? I don't think I've ever seen this before today. Thanks! Hi Gloria The file is Compressed then -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Gloria" <Gloria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:459C33F1-701E-4DD7-B009-8083B4DB0966@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me why some filenames appear in blue instead of black? I > don't think I've ever seen this before today. Thanks! Sorry to have bothered you with that one. I just found out that someone compres...

Having problems opening pst file
When I try to open a pst file - I get the following message "Properties for this informaton service must be defined prior to use" then I get another pop-up "Errors |\ve been detected in the file C:\WINDOWS\APPLICATION DATA\MICROSOFT\OUTLOOK\outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, then use the Inbox Repair Tool" Please help!!! I have important contact information I can't get to. GHR 770-451-8565 x11 "GHR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012d01c3ddf8$5ef50650$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open a...

iisadmin lockup, owa freezes
My exchange 2000 server has been acting up lately.. It all starts with trying to log on via owa using from the front end server. It will just time out take a very long time to log in. Then i go to the back end server, check on event logs but no indication something is wrong with the store or iis. So i try to restart the iisadmin server which will restart all the exchange store services plus the www service. When restart iisadmin, it will take a very very long time to stop and will eventually die and say failed to stop iisadmin service. Then the state of www and smtp will show a status of s...

Excel opens in "read only" mode as an attachment
How do I disable excel 2003 to open as read only when is an attachment in outlook 2003? When you open an Outlook attachment, it opens the file in your Temporary folder. I guess this is to protect you from changing the file, "saving" the file into the Temporary folder, assuming it is safe and perhaps deleting it at a later date. The Read-only status forces you to save the file elsewhere. Regards Trevor "scb" <scb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25ef01c4a71f$555c8cd0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I disable excel 2003 to open as read only when ...

opening tablet PC excel files

Opening email on outlook.
For some reason only on this computer at home when opening email on outlook, I check mail on my exchange server at my place of employment = I am able to see my email in my mailbox but when I try to double click to open email and answer it - nothing happens. I am unable to answer my mail even though I can view it. Are you using OWA to access your work email? Do you have a POP-UP blocker on the one machine that will not work? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6efd01c42f2b$e86be1e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... For...

Excel and Word Attachments Time Out in OWA
I am having an odd problem in OWA. Many end users are experiencing time out problems when trying to access Word or Excel attachments in OWA on Exchange 2003. It appears to be only Word or Excel as others work fine. OWA is being accessed on a front-end server. However, all attachments work fine when accessed through the back-end server. Any ideas? ...

Outlook 2003 opening link
when there's a hyperlink in the message and I click on it, MSN IE window gets opened instead of IE 6.0, how can I switch that behavior? Braves Fan Deluxe <braves_fan@hotmail.com> wrote: > when there's a hyperlink in the message and I click on it, MSN IE > window gets opened instead of IE 6.0, how can I switch that behavior? Try this: in IE, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman Ok you have to go to and Internet Explorer Option on it you will find and 5 differentes one of those option must be as MSN yo have to change to...

User cannot log in after Outlook 2003 installation
Hello, We are experiencing the same issues as others (http://www.mcse.ms/message1591947.html) but moving the mailbox does not clear up our issue: Users who receive the Outlook 2003 software cannot log into their mailboxes the next day...although OWA works just fine. Below have been my troubleshooting steps: 1. Had user log into her peer's workstation and create a new profile - same error. 2. User can access OWA just fine. 3. Move mailbox to new server - same error. 4. Removed Mailbox Rights and readded them. 5. Created pst, disconnected mailbox, created new mailbox on different ...

Everytime I email a spredsheet, the receiving end cannot open it
The person on the receiving end cannot open the spread because it is encrypted. I just upgrade to office 2007. I do I turn this feature off? Two known solutions: 1) Save the WB as "97-2003" (xls) instead of XLSX. 2) Ask the recipient(s) to install the Compatibility Pack: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466 Micky "mj61274" wrote: > The person on the receiving end cannot open the spread because it is > encrypted. I just upgrade to office 2007. I do I turn this feature off? ...

Strange Excel problem when opening an Excelbook
When I open an Excelworkbook I get the following message from Excel (see attached picture) First I get a security warning that the Excelbook contains macros which is OK. I press Enable macros (totaly normal) Then the strange message appears when excel looks for MIM.EXE???. If I press OK I get following message from Excel: "Cannot run MIM.EXE. The program or one of its components is damaged or missing" I press OK and I get back to the strange message. But if I press Ok again I get the Cannot MIM.EXE message, but then after pressing OK I can can continue work with the Excelwo...

Closing/Opening Outlook 2007 PST File Loses Indexing
Using XP SP3 / WS 4.0 / O2007. I have several PSTs open in Outlook 2007 that are fully indexed by Windows Search 4.0. If I close them, and then later in another session reopen them, all indexing seemed to be lost and I can no longer search them until the index is built. Is this expected behavior? Is there any fix or workaround? Are they being closed cleanly or is Outlook repairing them on open? I've found that PST repairs typically caused reindexing "ajkessel" <ajkessel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0d19da75-1277-4c42-99af-0314f3532bbb@b31g2000prb.googlegroups.com.....

domain/username login to OWA
Here's the scenerio: Exchange 2003 FE/BE setup. Clients are a mix of Windows 2000 and XP OS using OWA. Users log into the domain on the PC with a user ID. They open IE and type in the alias to get to OWA. The authentication screen comes up where they log into OWA with a different ID. On XP machines they put in 'username' and 'password', and get an error screen. It wants 'domain/userusername'. On W2K machines it works fine with just the username and password without typing in the domain. The only difference is the OS. They are all accessing the same exchang...

OL2007 CURSOR LOCATION: Replies to Emails or Opening New Emails
Whenever I hit "Reply", "Forward" or "New" emails, I cannot determine where my cursor location defaults to. It used to be on "Reply", it would land in the text entry area. Now there is no blinking cursor, and I need to manually click in an area to either add a name, or to start typing text. Is there any setting that I can use to "reset" the cursor location? I've discovered that on the Reply emails, the "cursor" will land on the Send Button...but not consistently "BirdMan" wrote: > Whenever I hit...

IE7 and OWA on Vista fails.. is there a workaround?
Ti there, I bought my daughter a new laptop with Vista. She accesses her school email with OWA. IE7 on Vista has a problem with the Exchange 2003 server (IE7 crashes on email send action). According to some reading on the MS websites and elsewhere, there seem to be a known bug related to S/MIME. So, there is a patch for the Exchange server to have this fixed. This takes a while (that admin of the Exchange server is primarily a teacher) and I would like to have a workaround until this is fixed. Direct Outlook 2007 access is not enabled, nor is IMAP. Using Firefox somewhat works but is ...

OWA Junk E-mail error
"An error occurred processing your Junk E-mail lists. You are over the size limit allowed on the server. Contact your server administrator." Can't seem to see where this is set at. User is not near mailbox size. Exchange 2003, sp1, imf, on Windows 2003. Thanks in advance for an info. ...

Why does IE always open minimized windows when opening a new window?
When I minimize a window, to refer to later, and then open another window, the minimized window opens to full screen for a few seconds before the new window appears. Why can't IE not open a new window without maximizing some other window at the same time? Is there a solution to this problem? Kathy -- scrimaglia Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com scrimaglia wrote: > When I minimize a window, to refer to later, and then open another > window, the minimized window opens to full screen for a few seconds > before the new window appears. Why can't IE not ...

Spreadsheet not displaying when I open it
I have a large (2.5 Mb) spreadsheet that does not display on the desktop when I open it. If I try to open it a second time, Excel pops up a message indicating that the spreadsheet is already open even though I cannot see it on the desktop. Obviously something has become corrupted in this file. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have many hours invested in this spreadsheet and am desperate to recover it. -- David Huie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ David Huie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Can't open Publisher file ...HELP!
I created a newsletter in Publisher. Saved the changes then went to reopen the file and CANNOT! I get a "cannot open Publisher file" error message. What could be the problem? Can you send the file to me to see if I can open it? If so, ship it over to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "KristalWick" <KristalWick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4E534E7-6280-4771-BABC-9075C172D02B@microsoft.com... >I created a newsletter in Publisher. Saved the changes then went to reopen > the file and CANNOT! I ...

Opening new calendar or contact window maximized (without Navigation Pane?)
I struggled for a long time to figure out how to open a new Calendar, Task, or Contact window with the window maximized AND without the Navigation Pane. I typically keep my main Outlook window set to show my Inbox along with the Navigation Pane so I can see my mail folders. Then if I want to see my calendar, I right-click on the "Calendar" button in the Navigation Pane and select "Open in New Window". However, this can be frustrating if the default window size is not set correctly and you don't need the Navigation Pane in any new window. The way to solve the size issue...