Cannot get email users email to go to isp email. It goes to exchange server instead.

We are using SBS2003 with EXCH2003. We have branch offices.
If I put the branch office in SBS2003 as a user and send an email to
the user (i.e. user@user.com) it ends up on the server and never gets
sent to the branch office user.
I'm using the pop3 connector to connect to our mail provider to send
and receive mail.
I was wondering if there's a way to bypass the server and have the email go
directly to the user at our providers server.
The reason why I put the branch office user on the server so that we can
have the user in our Global Access List when do a mass email.
Please advise.
Thanks for your help.

0
john9583 (13)

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:27:08 -0500, "john doe" <john@doe.com> wrote:

>We are using SBS2003 with EXCH2003. We have branch offices.
>If I put the branch office in SBS2003 as a user and send an email to
>the user (i.e. user@user.com) it ends up on the server and never gets
>sent to the branch office user.
>I'm using the pop3 connector to connect to our mail provider to send
>and receive mail.
>I was wondering if there's a way to bypass the server and have the email go
>directly to the user at our providers server.
>The reason why I put the branch office user on the server so that we can
>have the user in our Global Access List when do a mass email.
>Please advise.
>Thanks for your help.

You're using the POP3 connector to collect, not send.

Why do you have the ISP trying to handle your mail? What's the reason
for that when you have an Exchange server? Why aren't the branch
offices connecting to the Exchange server?

0
mark7219 (5666)

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C66A0C.C1C4A680

You're using the POP3 connector to collect, not send.

If we have a branch user account on our inhouse exchange server
and we email this user, the email stays on the server. I can see the
email on OWA. We need the email to bypass the server or forward
to our isp so the branch user can get his email.
If I remove the user from the server then we can't see him in the GAL
with all of his info.

Why do you have the ISP trying to handle your mail? What's the reason
for that when you have an Exchange server? Why aren't the branch
offices connecting to the Exchange server?

We have the ISP for a backup in case SBS2003 goes down. We can put
the users back on the ISP pop3 and smtp and they can get thier email.
Also, we don't want to expose the server to the outside world for =
security
concerns, that's why we don't have the branch offices connecting to =
exchange.

Please advise,
Thanks
------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C66A0C.C1C4A680

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You're using the POP3 connector to =
collect, not=20
send.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>If we have a branch =
user account on=20
our inhouse exchange server</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>and we email this user, =
the email=20
stays on the server. I can see the</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>email on OWA. We need =
the email to=20
bypass the server or forward</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>to </FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>our isp so the branch user can get his =
email.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>If I remove the user =
from the server=20
then we can't see him in the GAL</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>with all of his =
info.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>_____________________________________________________________</F=
ONT></DIV><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT><BR><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>Why do you have the ISP trying to handle your =
mail? What's the=20
reason<BR>for that when you have an Exchange server? Why aren't the=20
branch<BR>offices connecting to the Exchange server?<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>We have the ISP for a =
backup in case=20
SBS2003 goes down. We can put</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>the users back on the =
ISP pop3 and=20
smtp and they can get thier email.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>Also, we don't want to =
expose the=20
server to the outside world for security</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT color=3D#0000ff>concerns, that's =
why we don't=20
have the branch offices connecting to exchange.</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT =
color=3D#0000ff></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT color=3D#0000ff>Please=20
advise,</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT=20
color=3D#0000ff>Thanks</FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C66A0C.C1C4A680--

0
john9583 (13)
4/27/2006 8:10:44 PM
Try creating a mail enabled contact ratherthan a user - a user will have a
mailbox, mail enabled contact should forward mail on to appropriate address.

"john doe" wrote:

> You're using the POP3 connector to collect, not send.
>
> If we have a branch user account on our inhouse exchange server
> and we email this user, the email stays on the server. I can see the
> email on OWA. We need the email to bypass the server or forward
> to our isp so the branch user can get his email.
> If I remove the user from the server then we can't see him in the GAL
> with all of his info.
>
> Why do you have the ISP trying to handle your mail? What's the reason
> for that when you have an Exchange server? Why aren't the branch
> offices connecting to the Exchange server?
>
> We have the ISP for a backup in case SBS2003 goes down. We can put
> the users back on the ISP pop3 and smtp and they can get thier email.
> Also, we don't want to expose the server to the outside world for security
> concerns, that's why we don't have the branch offices connecting to exchange.
>
> Please advise,
> Thanks
0
roke-it (29)

invalid email address

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

POST or GET?

Reporting from Project Server

Contacts in Exchange #2

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Emails #3

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Users ability to Manage Groups

get a result of an sql into a field

How do you invoke the Let and Get class Functions
I have create classes with the Let and Get functions and now I would like to use these functions to store and retrieve data in the class which will then be put into a collection. Here is the class functions: Private pBusPart As Double Private pStartTime As Date Private pIndex As Integer '''''''''''''''''''''' ' BusPart property '''''''''''''''''''''' Public Property Get BusPart() As Double BusPar...

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP