cannot change time on Exch2003 server

My Exchange server is running about 13 minutes behind the rest of ou
Active Dir servers.  When I attempt to modify it I get "you do not have the
proper privilage lever to change the system time" and my event log show
a system error from source W32time and the explaination is
'The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or mor
time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible.  No
attempt to contact a source will be made for 240 minutes. NtpClient has n
 source of accurate time.

This server is not a Dom Ctrler but the DC server set as its time source

Any suggestions.

0
anonymous (74722)

At command prompt run
net time /querysntp
What server is listed there?

David wrote:

> My Exchange server is running about 13 minutes behind the rest of our
> Active Dir servers.  When I attempt to modify it I get "you do not have the
> proper privilage lever to change the system time" and my event log shows
> a system error from source W32time and the explaination is
> 'The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more
> time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible.  No
> attempt to contact a source will be made for 240 minutes. NtpClient has no
>  source of accurate time."
>
> This server is not a Dom Ctrler but the DC server set as its time source.
>
> Any suggestions.

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

default appointment times problems
When i re-open outlook and go to the calender, all the appointments times have changed to 1am on the start day - 1am on the day after it waqs meant to finish. So a 12 day appointment is now shown as over 2 days. How do you change the default appointment time settings so an appointment which is just typed into the day is from 9am - 5pm for example and will stay as a 1 day event when opening and closing outlook? All day events are 12 -12, not 9-5. If you want it 9-5, you need to make it for 9-5. All day appointment change to 1 -1 if you change the time zone or DST settings aft...

Changing Resource and fields on a subform
I have a subform with fields on it that are present when i first open the form. But when I click on a status button, I'd like the subform to change the fields that are present. For instance when i first open the fields are formid, lastname, firstname, subject, date, range But when i click on formstatus button, i'd like the fields to show: formid, subject, range, product I know how to use recordsource to change the recordsource, but then the fields that I am not using show up as #name? How do I get the subform to change field names so that the fields I am not using, doesn't show ...

Paste links, changed filename
I have created 3 exel 97 Files. Each File has approx 30 sheets. One of them is a source file. The other 2 use file1 data using paste link(paste special). At some stage I have changed the names of the files and now when I open them it asks the usual question " do you want to update linked information", Iclick "yes" ~ then the computer wants me to select the source file. Before, it just started straight into the file I wanted ~ how can i resolve this( with as little effort as possible)? Try hitting no, then do Edit / Links / Change Source, save the workbook and hopef...

"Change Credit Details" button does not appear
I would like to update my interest rates and credit limits monthly, but the "Change Credit Details" button does not appear when I go under the accounts' settings. In microsoft.public.money, mar11974 wrote: >I would like to update my interest rates and credit limits monthly, but the >"Change Credit Details" button does not appear when I go under the accounts' >settings. See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281109/en-us helps. I've no idea if it helped the original poster, but it seems I have the same issue, and it didn't help me. I'm ...

can i change the read receipt
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The read receipt by default set by outlook can be changed if yes pls. = let me know how ??? ITDuke ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"te...

Change height of row
Excel seems to limit the height of the row to some presets. Is there a way to set height of row to any height? Am trying to make spreadsheet line up with a pre-printed form. Hi i think the limit is 1 pixel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pam MacT" <Pam MacT@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CCAE9073-80C5-47B1-B103-7834241AF34B@microsoft.com... > Excel seems to limit the height of the row to some presets. Is there a > way > to set height of row to any height? Am trying to make spreadsheet line up > with a pre-printed form. ...

Recovery server #4
Hi, I am setting up a recovery server to restore an online backup of the info store of an Exchange 2003 server. I can not use the recovery storage group as it is a snapshot backup and not supported by Symantec. I know that the log file path does not matter but does the database path matter? I have done this restore to a recovery server in earlier versions of exchange without issue. The only diffenences in this case is that 1- I am restoring from a snapshot backup 2- I got lazy and recreated the recovery server with only a C: and the production server has the exchange databases on ...

how to change business address
I can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? LGLEIM In microsoft.public.money, LGleim wrote: > can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my >business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have >moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? Is there a Tools->Settings->BusinessInformation place? YES!!! You did it! Thank you so much! "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: ...

Changing info from one worksheet to the next
Hi all. I have linked my 55 sheets to one which is great. What i need to know now if possible. Each sheet has the same question over 11 columns Each row is dated and a numeric number from 1 - 10 in each row Now on the master sheet where everything is linked, is there a way that If i changed the date on the master sheet it would reflect the answers from the row with that date? At present the answers showing is for 01/03/10, but i would like to look at the totals for 08/03/10 and show the answers from each sheet for that date. I could have a sheet for each week, but im hoping there i...

Changing name from Arabic to English
I, m registering all new recruitment employees so always I'm writing the employee name by Arabic and English. So there is any code to change automatically the person name for Arabic to English ...

How do you turn off "Save a copy/Overwrite changes" dialog box
Hello Guys, I have created a (password to open) workbook using Excel 2003 SP1 on a shared network drive which when I try to save by using Ctrl S or clicking the Save icon gives me an irritating dialog box which asks: "The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case what do you want to do?" -Save a copy -Overwrite changes Please can someone tell me how to deactivate this annoying dialog box as I have been unsuccesful so far in my efforts :confused: Many thanks in advance Nick -- Nicko -----------------------------...

Error Message about "sync server"
I'm syncing an iPhone to Outlook & get a strange error message -- the message is from Outlook, offers to review conflicts or not, then pops up the box with "Unable to retrieve conflict information from the sync server. Please try again next time the conflict resolver window is presented." What does it mean by "sync server"? bj Maybe this? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/syncerror.htm Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ OutlookForums http://www.outlookfor...

How do I change mailbox owner in AD?
How do I change a mailbox owner in AD? Can it be done? T. The mailbox is linked to the user account. You can grant an additional user(s) "owner" access by granting Full Mailbox access on the Exchange Advanced Tab of the user properties. Glen "Thomas Houseman" <thomashouseman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OZwMptUxEHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > How do I change a mailbox owner in AD? Can it be done? > > T. > > Verify that you have mailbox retention enabled. ( right-click mailbox store/properties/limits). This is extremely Important! ...

time calculation
I need to do a check on the time.. if it is after midnight but before 5am then I need to minus 1 day off of the date. How could I do this? Hi If the Date and Time is in cell A1, use =IF(AND(MOD(A1,1)>VALUE("12:00 AM"),MOD(A1,1)<VALUE("05:00 AM")),A1+1,A1) ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** ...shortened versions would be =A1+AND(MOD(A1,1)>VALUE("12:00 AM"),MOD(A1,1)<VALUE("05:00 AM")) ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid...

Permission for account change
Dear Friends I have my domain as abc.com I have another domain xyz.com for which i have created a separate account for the users so that they can send the email with both the domain by using from filed. i have one user user1 who is facing problem i have created userxyz for with the default email address of xyz.com domain but i am facing strange problem as the permission of sending email is reseting. Kindly suggest what can be the problem. best regards Niitmalad What version of Exchange and how/where exactly it is resetting? Niitmalad wrote: > Dear Friends > > I have...

RMS should allow you to choose more than one item at a time
RMS should allow you to choose more than one item at a time, this would be helpful in creating PO's. Mutiple item selection is a standard in every software; you really dropped the ball with this one. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

change the size of Font for reading incoming mail
hi, buddies. I'd like to change the Font with incoming email in my outlook2003. my operation is in the following. click options on the Tools menu, and then click Mail Setup tab, click Fonts. So I change the Font in this items:"When composing and reading plain text" but I can't find the font to take any change when I read incoming email. What my question is how I can change the Font size in the incoming email. thanks is the incoming mail plain text and the change isn't working or is the incoming mail html? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://ww...

Postcallout not working on seperate SQL server?
Hi I have developed a post call out using C#. It works 100% perfectly when it deploed on a single server deployment. i.e CRM 1.2, Exchange, MSSQL-2000, Window 2003 SBS, all on one Machine. When I tried to deploy SAME postcall out dll in a separate SQL server which runs on Windows 2003 Standard server and CRM server is separately running on Virtual server(Pointing to above SQL database), Post call out does not fire up! I have properly registred Postcall out on SQL CRM Metabase and com component is registred with no error on seperate sql server machine. I am using following components on C# p...

Worksheet Change Event log for multiple cells
Dear All, I have a spreadsheet that is available here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b02e5h4/n/Worksheet_change_event.zip (although I scanned it for viruses please make sure you do it again prior to opening it as I cannot guarantee it's worm free). I would like to create a log file in an additional sheet (hidden probably) that would record every activity from column E after clicking a button assigned to a cell in that column and show these records in a worksheet Totals in a specific row. For example: Column A from a worksheet „Totals” corresponds with column A in ...

Administrating an Upgraded Exchange 2003 Server..
This is really a preliminary enquiry... I have to perform an "in-place upgrade" of an existing Exchange 2000 Standard server, this is to take advantage of the max 75GB database size limit offered by Exchange 2003 Server SP2. I have performed a lab upgrade of a test 2000 Exchange Server and it worked perfectly, very straightforward it was too! My problem is that a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) communicates with the existing Exchange 2000 box and the BES box has Exchange 2000 Server Manager installed and working on it. The Blackberry people have posed the question ...

Icons changed in Favorites since update
Just updated windows latest update - and now the icons in my favorites have changed to a "square with a star" - at least 80% are like this - what happened. Thanks for anyhelp ...

changing defalt from OE to Outlook
When I move into a folder and want to send a picture or file attachment to someone, I right click the mouse and use the mail option. The only problem is the attachement loads up express and I'm using normal Outlook. How can I change the defalt to be normal outlook and not express. I'm on windows 98. Thanks, Go to Internet Explorer. Tools | Internet Options | Programs. Change the default mail program to Outlook. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm **...

Excel Re-Calc causes network traffic and very slow response times.
Platform: Excel Ver 2003 SP2 Windows XP SP2 Microsoft SBS Server 2003 Workstations: P4 2Ghz, 512 Mb Ram Problem: I have an excel file with hundreds of vlookup and indirect formulas. It has no links to any other spreadsheets. The file resides on a shared network drive on our server. When users do a recalc or change a number in the file causing a recalc it takes about 7 seconds... however after a bit of experimentation I find that if we open the file and then disconnect the workstations network cable the recalc takes less than one second ! Tried saving the file to the local drive of a workstati...

NumberFormat not getting changing onFly changing the regional sett
Hi Excel experts , Sorry for posting a new question over here. I am having a hard time with one of a Excel related issue. Requirement: 1) User pulls some data ( includes numeric,Date fields ) to excel when he/she is with German OS settings. Date show in following format: dd.mm.yyyy ( eg: 23.09.2010) 2) Now on the fly he/she changes the OS regional settings to En-US 3) Here our code again reformats those columns with current regional settings and polish the data according to its regional settings. 4) In our case all numeric values are getiing changed correctly to the ...

IS IT POSSIBLE TO CANCEL/DELETE message from Newsgroup server??
Once email is sent, it cannot be deleted before reachign recipient's address (unless you own server at recipients' end which is extremely highly unlikely) So just as with spoken word, be careful and dont' allow emotional rushes to result in spontaneous email you may regret later. But my question is about Usenet/Newsgroups (NNTP protocol): Is there a way to cancel/delete you rown posted message, at leas tbefore any followups appear (or even after)? As you all know, most of us hate Web Forums and we remain loyal to Usenet. But I have to admit, there's ONE feature...