Can't send outgoing mails from exchange 2000

I just change from an ISP mail server to serve mail froma my own
organization. I can send and receive email inside my domain and I can receive
from any other domain. The problem is I can't sent to any one outside my
domain. In the SMTP queue you can see the message stuck with the message:
"Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS".
I have a Domain Controller that is a DNS server, an Exchange Server that is
a Domain Controller and DNS server and an ISA Server 2000.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks,

Manuel Marte

Manuel Marte <ManuelMarte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I just change from an ISP mail server to serve mail froma my own
>organization. I can send and receive email inside my domain and I can receive
>from any other domain. The problem is I can't sent to any one outside my
>domain. In the SMTP queue you can see the message stuck with the message:
>"Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS".

What happens if you run NSLOOKUP on the server and try to find the MX
records for a domain?

I'm going to guess that your DNS is se up to be authoritative for the
whole Internet. Look and see if you have a forward lookup zone named
"." ("dot"). If you do, remove it.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

"Manuel Marte" <ManuelMarte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just change from an ISP mail server to serve mail froma my own
> organization. I can send and receive email inside my domain and I can
> receive
> from any other domain. The problem is I can't sent to any one outside my
> domain. In the SMTP queue you can see the message stuck with the message:
> "Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS".
> I have a Domain Controller that is a DNS server, an Exchange Server that
> is
> a Domain Controller and DNS server and an ISA Server 2000.
>
> Can somebody help me?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Manuel Marte

0
David2041 (9)

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Setting up a new e-mail account

Microsoft Exchange Server

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Sending Email #6

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...

Duplicate E-Mail #4

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server