Can't send outgoing email

We've had smallbusiness server for about 8 months. the
last couple of days no one can send an outgoing email. the
email goes out but no one ever receives them and we do not
get an error indicating the delivery failed.
0
anonymous (74722)

Did you check the queues to make sure outgoing is enabled?

Shadow

0
shadow (17)
8/25/2004 6:00:08 PM
have you looked in any of the queues to see where they are going or getting
hung up?  what version of Exchange?  anything in the application event log?

"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We've had smallbusiness server for about 8 months. the
> last couple of days no one can send an outgoing email. the
> email goes out but no one ever receives them and we do not
> get an error indicating the delivery failed.

0
susan7353 (1225)
8/25/2004 6:11:55 PM
Are you using Smart host or your own SMTP?

Petr

"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We've had smallbusiness server for about 8 months. the
> last couple of days no one can send an outgoing email. the
> email goes out but no one ever receives them and we do not
> get an error indicating the delivery failed.

Check your IP address.  Make sure it matches up with what you have for your
MX record.

Same thing happen to me because we have a dynamic IP address.

"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We've had smallbusiness server for about 8 months. the
> last couple of days no one can send an outgoing email. the
> email goes out but no one ever receives them and we do not
> get an error indicating the delivery failed.

0
compcoff (64)

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...

delays in recieving outside emails

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

no access to send internet email

Email Statements from Collection Module

limit the number of outgoing messages
Hi, who can I limit the number of concurrent outgoing messages? for example: if I have a queue of 1000 messages, how can I force exchange to send only 50 messages at a time? ...

Mail will not Send/Receive automatically
I have outlook set up to send/receive every minute but it suddenly stopped doing so. Anyone have ideas why? Robin Several. For starters, a one minute polling interval is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have created an unrealistic po...

multiple email identities

Re: teach me how to send friends email

how do i send an e_mail from outlook?
please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? gholinezhad wrote: > please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? Is this real? Click on "New", write your mail and then click "Send" ...

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

Retrieve Lost Email

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

can't send or receive emails

Kubi Collaborative Email App
Install Kubi, system hangs, email won't release from Outbox, system performance degraded. Uninstall Kubi - everything back to normal - all systems go, performance enhanced. I find nothing about Microsoft support for Kubi Software. Our Techy partner has his head in a portion of his anatomy where it doesn't belong and refuses to acknowledge Kubi as the problem. Anyone else have problems with Kubi? Any fixes? Hi - I don't even know what Kubi is, I confess. If their product is repeatedly causing the problem, it sounds like it itself *is* the problem. Larry wrote: > In...

Outlook 2003 on Exchange
Dear all, despite of searching for days now, I couldn't find a solution to the following problem: We are a 3-person team in a small news agency, that all three have access to a mailbox that is hosted on an exchange system. We use Outlook 2003 on our workstations. If we get new emails, we sort the ones out that are worthy to read later and drop them into a subfolder of that mailbox. Let's call that subfolder "to_check". The chief editor then checks this folder once a day and then deletes the emails or moves them further to other subfolders. Now, we have a new colleague in...

emailing the sales transaction from Store Operation POS
Hi everyone, I wish to email a sales transaction to the customer after the transaction/order is processed. I created a custom POS button and also launched the email client (outlook). IS it possible for example, by clicking on the custom EMAIL POS button brings up "Search Transaction" dialog and then after the transaction is selected it automatically launches outlook and the user/client get the sales/order info just like the sales receipt in his/her email??? Thanks tm ...

Outlook XP HTML email is plain text in OE6...why?
When my Father sends an HTML email to me it shows as plain text in Outlook Express6. We are both using WinXP (Him with Home and me with Pro). He is set to send HTML. His HTML message is properly formatted when received on my other computer using Outlook 98. I can receive HTML mail from others. I can receive HTML from my Outlook 98 computer that look fine. Is something wrong somewhere? Thanks Scott Do you have OE set to read all messages in plain text (Tools | Options | Read tab)? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

Not able to send mail to distribution list
HI all, I am using Office Outlook 2003. I am not able to send mail to the distribution lists i have created in the contacts. Even if i go to contacts and try to send a message to the list from there, it is not recognized in the Send To field while sending mail. Please Help. Thanks and Regards Ravpreet Singh What happens when you try? Do you get an error message? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "Jammy" <singh.ravpreet@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190270570.983186.280500@...