Can't see public folder in ESM

I want to add a public folder and mail enable it (as I did many times before)
but when I go into ESM there is nothing under the Public Folders. The only
thing that has changed is that I just installed SP2 for exchange. I can't
find the solution to this.... any help would be great. thank you.
0
JoeJ (14)

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:06:27 -0800, Joe J.
<JoeJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to add a public folder and mail enable it (as I did many times before)
>but when I go into ESM there is nothing under the Public Folders. The only
>thing that has changed is that I just installed SP2 for exchange. I can't
>find the solution to this.... any help would be great. thank you.

How about under "Folders"?
Do you have a dedicated public folder server?
0
adavid (8731)
3/11/2006 9:37:33 PM
Do you have a 'Folders' container in your Admin Group?  If so, then is there
a public folder tree in that container?  If there is go into the properties
of the root of the tree (normally 'Public Folders') and see what PF storeas
are associated with that tree.  That should lead you in the right direction.

If you're seeing a lot of weird folders, then you're looking at system
folders.  Right-click and choose to view public folders.

--
Teo Heras

"Joe J." wrote:

> I want to add a public folder and mail enable it (as I did many times before)
> but when I go into ESM there is nothing under the Public Folders. The only
> thing that has changed is that I just installed SP2 for exchange. I can't
> find the solution to this.... any help would be great. thank you.
I have the public folder container under the Folder but there's nothing under
the Public Folders. When I click view system folder i still see nothing. when
i click to view public folders...still nothing.

"Teo Heras" wrote:

> Do you have a 'Folders' container in your Admin Group?  If so, then is there
> a public folder tree in that container?  If there is go into the properties
> of the root of the tree (normally 'Public Folders') and see what PF storeas
> are associated with that tree.  That should lead you in the right direction.
>
> If you're seeing a lot of weird folders, then you're looking at system
> folders.  Right-click and choose to view public folders.
>
> --
> Teo Heras
>

> "Joe J." wrote:
>
> > I want to add a public folder and mail enable it (as I did many times before)
> > but when I go into ESM there is nothing under the Public Folders. The only
> > thing that has changed is that I just installed SP2 for exchange. I can't
> > find the solution to this.... any help would be great. thank you.
0
JoeJ (14)
3/12/2006 4:39:26 AM
I only have one server. Windows Server standard with SP1 and exchange 2003
with SP2. I heard that reinstalled SP1 for windows server could fix this
issue?

"Joe J." wrote:

> I have the public folder container under the Folder but there's nothing under
> the Public Folders. When I click view system folder i still see nothing. when
> i click to view public folders...still nothing.
>
> "Teo Heras" wrote:
>
> > Do you have a 'Folders' container in your Admin Group?  If so, then is there
> > a public folder tree in that container?  If there is go into the properties
> > of the root of the tree (normally 'Public Folders') and see what PF storeas
> > are associated with that tree.  That should lead you in the right direction.
> >
> > If you're seeing a lot of weird folders, then you're looking at system
> > folders.  Right-click and choose to view public folders.
> >
> > --
> > Teo Heras
> >

> > "Joe J." wrote:
> >
> > > I want to add a public folder and mail enable it (as I did many times before)
> > > but when I go into ESM there is nothing under the Public Folders. The only
> > > thing that has changed is that I just installed SP2 for exchange. I can't
> > > find the solution to this.... any help would be great. thank you.
0
JoeJ (14)
3/12/2006 4:42:24 AM
Did you go into the properties of the public folder tree and see that the
public folder store of the server is listed? Also, make sure that you're
pubic folder store is mounted.

--
Teo Heras

"Joe J." wrote:

> I have the public folder container under the Folder but there's nothing under
> the Public Folders. When I click view system folder i still see nothing. when
> i click to view public folders...still nothing.
>
> "Teo Heras" wrote:
>
> > Do you have a 'Folders' container in your Admin Group?  If so, then is there
> > a public folder tree in that container?  If there is go into the properties
> > of the root of the tree (normally 'Public Folders') and see what PF storeas
> > are associated with that tree.  That should lead you in the right direction.
> >
> > If you're seeing a lot of weird folders, then you're looking at system
> > folders.  Right-click and choose to view public folders.
> >
> > --
> > Teo Heras
> >

> > "Joe J." wrote:
> >
> > > I want to add a public folder and mail enable it (as I did many times before)
> > > but when I go into ESM there is nothing under the Public Folders. The only
> > > thing that has changed is that I just installed SP2 for exchange. I can't
> > > find the solution to this.... any help would be great. thank you.
Thanks for your reply and help in this Teo.... The public folder store is
listed and it is mounted. I can access all the public folders just fine thru
Outlook...just not ESM.

"Teo Heras" wrote:

> Did you go into the properties of the public folder tree and see that the
> public folder store of the server is listed? Also, make sure that you're
> pubic folder store is mounted.
>
> --
> Teo Heras
>

> "Joe J." wrote:
>
> > I have the public folder container under the Folder but there's nothing under
> > the Public Folders. When I click view system folder i still see nothing. when
> > i click to view public folders...still nothing.
> >
> > "Teo Heras" wrote:
> >
> > > Do you have a 'Folders' container in your Admin Group?  If so, then is there
> > > a public folder tree in that container?  If there is go into the properties
> > > of the root of the tree (normally 'Public Folders') and see what PF storeas
> > > are associated with that tree.  That should lead you in the right direction.
> > >
> > > If you're seeing a lot of weird folders, then you're looking at system
> > > folders.  Right-click and choose to view public folders.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Teo Heras

0
JoeJ (14)
3/12/2006 11:27:30 PM
Right-click the Public Folders object and select Connect (or something like
that) and make sure you're connected to a live server.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Joe J." <JoeJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply and help in this Teo.... The public folder store is
> listed and it is mounted. I can access all the public folders just fine
> thru
> Outlook...just not ESM.
>
> "Teo Heras" wrote:
>
>> Did you go into the properties of the public folder tree and see that the
>> public folder store of the server is listed? Also, make sure that you're
>> pubic folder store is mounted.
>>
>> --
>> Teo Heras
>>

>> "Joe J." wrote:
>>
>> > I have the public folder container under the Folder but there's nothing
>> > under
>> > the Public Folders. When I click view system folder i still see
>> > nothing. when
>> > i click to view public folders...still nothing.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
3/12/2006 11:49:29 PM
thanks for the reply Ed but I've tried that and nothing happens. Nothing get
written to the log either.  I really think it's a permissions thing.....

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Right-click the Public Folders object and select Connect (or something like
> that) and make sure you're connected to a live server.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Joe J." <JoeJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your reply and help in this Teo.... The public folder store is
> > listed and it is mounted. I can access all the public folders just fine
> > thru
> > Outlook...just not ESM.
> >
> > "Teo Heras" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you go into the properties of the public folder tree and see that the
> >> public folder store of the server is listed? Also, make sure that you're
> >> pubic folder store is mounted.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Teo Heras

0
JoeJ (14)
3/13/2006 12:33:27 AM
If you're an Exchange Full Administrator you shouldn't be having any
permissions problems.
--

> thanks for the reply Ed but I've tried that and nothing happens. Nothing
> get
> written to the log either.  I really think it's a permissions thing.....
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Right-click the Public Folders object and select Connect (or something
>> like
>> that) and make sure you're connected to a live server.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Joe J." <JoeJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for your reply and help in this Teo.... The public folder store
>> > is
>> > listed and it is mounted. I can access all the public folders just fine
>> > thru
>> > Outlook...just not ESM.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
3/13/2006 12:38:18 AM
I have all the permissions ..... i think i need to call microsoft on Monday
cause i don't now anywhere else to look to solve this issue...

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> If you're an Exchange Full Administrator you shouldn't be having any
> permissions problems.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Joe J." <JoeJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thanks for the reply Ed but I've tried that and nothing happens. Nothing
> > get
> > written to the log either.  I really think it's a permissions thing.....
> >
> > "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Right-click the Public Folders object and select Connect (or something
> >> like
> >> that) and make sure you're connected to a live server.
> >> --
> >> Ed Crowley
> >> MVP - Exchange
> >> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> >>
> >> "Joe J." <JoeJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
JoeJ (14)
3/13/2006 1:09:27 AM
When I right click on Public Folder and goto Synchronize Heirarchy I get an
8000ffff error.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> If you're an Exchange Full Administrator you shouldn't be having any
> permissions problems.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Joe J." <JoeJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thanks for the reply Ed but I've tried that and nothing happens. Nothing
> > get
> > written to the log either.  I really think it's a permissions thing.....
> >
> > "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Right-click the Public Folders object and select Connect (or something
> >> like
> >> that) and make sure you're connected to a live server.
> >> --
> >> Ed Crowley
> >> MVP - Exchange
> >> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> >>
> >> "Joe J." <JoeJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
JoeJ (14)
3/13/2006 1:25:45 AM
FOUND THE ISSUE!!!!!!

Issue was in IIS. I had redirected HTTP requests to SSL...so what I did was
remove the port 443, then i went into Directory Security and unchecked
require secure channel and 128 bit encryption. I then went into ESM and sure
enough I then seen my public folders fine. --before I modified IIS I went and
backed up IIS---did my change in IIS as described above and worked in ESM
public folders---then I restored IIS to the backup I had just taken before
making the change.

"Joe J." wrote:

> When I right click on Public Folder and goto Synchronize Heirarchy I get an
> 8000ffff error.
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > If you're an Exchange Full Administrator you shouldn't be having any
> > permissions problems.
> > --
> > Ed Crowley
> > MVP - Exchange
> > "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> >
> > "Joe J." <JoeJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > thanks for the reply Ed but I've tried that and nothing happens. Nothing
> > > get
> > > written to the log either.  I really think it's a permissions thing.....

0
JoeJ (14)

Public Folder Stores #2
I had deleted a server from my Exchange organization and mistakenly lost some public folder data that was not replicated. Luckily I still had the EDB and STM files. So I copied them to another server and mounted them as an additional public folder store and hierarchy. The problem is that now I want to copy the folder data that I lost from one Store/Hierarchy to another. The only way that I can find to access the new store is through OWA which won't let me copy the data to the main Public Folder store. I am stuck. Anyone got any ideas on how to copy the data back into the main ...

I delete an email it remains in folder with line through it
How do I move deleted email from in box to deleted subfile without keeping a copy in the inbox with strikethru in it?? I have to email accounts on the computer one is pop3 the other is ms exchange? Not good with computers Are you sure its pop3 and exchange? it sounds like you set up an IMAP account - deleted items are marked with a strikethrough until you purge the folder from the edit menu. You can also use a view that hides items marked for deletion. We can be more specific if we knew the version of Outlook you use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

How do I restore a deleted task folder
I have Outlook 2007, I am not on an exchange server. I deleted a folder of tasks and it is not showing in my deleted items folder. Thankfully my DI folder was emptied this morning and I only have a few items in it, so I know I'm not overlooking the file. I know that it's there, I can see it in the subfolders list when I click on "folder size" under the "properties for personal folder". I tried sorting the DI foldler by Icon as was suggested, but that's not working. Any suggestions?? Please help! On the left side of the screen, where all the f...

IMF moving mail to Junk Folder
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 SP1. Clients are running Outlook 2003 SP1 and SP2. We have just installed the Intelligent Message Filter on our SMTP gateway server. All things looked to be going great until I noticed that the Junk Mail Folder starting filling up. When I checked the folder to see what was in there I noticed there were a lot of messages from people that I expect to recieve mail from. Upon further reading I noticed that IMF and Outlook go through a set procedure for filtering Mail, using safe snder lists etc. My Junk E-Mail filter is not setup withing outlook so my saf...

Modify Outlook Default Columns for New Folder??
When I create a new folder to store e-mail, one of the default columns is the "Size" column. I prefer not to have this column in my folders. I know I can right click and remove this column. Is there a way to modify my settings so that this column will never appear when I create a new folder in Outlook? Tom View, Arrange by, if Ol2003], Current View, Define views... reset the view (usually Messages) and modify it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Othe...

merged inbox folder from computer to lapton, now inbox messages are missing
i was trying to set microsoft outlook on my laptop. in the process, somehow, my main (stationary) computer's outlook inbox messages were automatically moved from that inbox to my laptops inbox. when i changed the configuration from internet (dial up) access to exchange (workgroup) the messages in both computer's inbox file disapeared. i'm looking for help on how to recover those messages from by inbox??? thanks erin.dorsett@idbois.ang.af.mil <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i was trying to set microsoft outlook on my laptop. in > the proces...

Can an archive folder be created w/unlimited storage in outlook?
This is for outlook 2000 e-mail on a business server Government servant wrote: > This is for outlook 2000 e-mail on a business server All .pst files (the old ANSI format used by OL2000) are limited in size to 2GB (1.87GiB) in size. "Business server" means absolutely nothing since it doesn't even specify WHAT server programs to which you might be referring. ...

Outlook 2002 Advanced Find
When I use Advanced Find in Outlook 2002 to locate mail I've archived in a personal folder, I would like to be able to see the folder hierarchy where the mail item was found. Currently, I can only see the lowest level folder, using the "In Folder" column. Is there a way to get this information? ...

CRM 4.0 Private/Public Views
How do I make a view private in CRM 4.0? There are a bunch of system views that we do not use and that we obviously cannot delete. I used to just make them private in CRM 3.0, but I cannot figure out where to do that in 4.0. We also have a lot of views that are private because they are shared between sales teams and it seems like the "private" option has disappeared for 4.0. If it is gone, what would I do to hide certain views? In CRM 4 public views can not be hidden, these pages give a way it can be done. http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/2008/08/hiding-system-views-in-crm-40...

multiple Personal Folders #2
I have a standalone win 2000 pro system using Outlook 2000 and I'm getting multiple Personal Folders for a user profile. How can I delete them and point the profile to a pst file on the disk? Thanks. Have you already tried right-clicking the root folder of each file (in the Folder List) and clicking Close? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:O37$8%23%230DHA.4064@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, SAC wrote: > I have a standalone win 2000 pro system us...

Must have feature
It is 20 years overdue, please find a way to allow me to group my tabs into folders! It would push excel more towards a relational system like access and would greatly enhance the ability to organize vast amounts of data. If anyone knows of an add-in that provides this functionality, please offer a link. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion ...

Global Contact List in a Public Folder???
Hi All, I was wondering if it is possible to display the contents of our Global Contacts List as a Contacts Public Folder? Obviously i would like to use some LDAP filtering and break it up into different lists for different people to have access to.. but first things first. Do I need to make an Exchange App? or there an easy way to do this? Any help would be appreciated, Rick Hello, one solution would be a synchronization on a specific schedule... read the GAL and create/update a contact entry in the public folder. Should not be so hard to write... Greetings, Henning Krause "R...

Vertias 8.6 Exchange 2000 unable to restore public folders
Anyone has any ideas or links that will point me in the right direction on the correct way to restore a Public Folder in Exchange 2000 I'm using Veritas 8.6 Backup for Exchange. ...

Deleted Public Folder
Just accidentally deleted an Ex5.5 public folder with several sub-folders. We have a retention period of 5 days on the public store but I wasn't able to UNdelete the item - can anyone advise me why? - It was deleted via OL2000 and I have exchange admin rights. Thanks Jonni were you the owner of the folder/s and parent folder? "Jonni" <jonni@naespam.com> wrote in message news:e2BgN$lPEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Just accidentally deleted an Ex5.5 public folder with several sub-folders. > We have a retention period of 5 days on the public store but I wasn'...

Moving Public Folders #5
Is there anyway to move the hiearchy in the public folder listing? We have this +Public Folders Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 What we want is this: +Public Folders Organization Name Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 There are over 20K items, so moving them by hand is definatly out of the question. How can we create a new top level folder then place all existing folders under that? ESM only selects one item, and PFDavAdmin doesnt seem like it can do it. Thanks. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:03:27 -0800, Vicnice <Vicnice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

how to configure multiple email id's in multiple folders
Try posting your Q in the body, and explain what you are trying to achive, together with your version of OL and if its an exchange setup "Ram" <Ram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0E40903-7D84-49F2-9F91-F97EAB741806@microsoft.com... > ...

Public Folder restore...where did all the mail go?
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. When I did a restore of the Public Folder store on my test server, it restored properly. But when I went to the folder that I need to restore emails from (HR), it saids the HR mailbox has zero item in it. It is impossible because on my production server, it saids HR folder has 50 emails in there. My environment only consist of 1 Public Folder server and all public folders mailboxes reside only on that server. So I don't think it's replication problem. So where did all the mail go? Please advise. DM DM -...

Move forms in public folders 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hello all, I recently migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 using ADC and things were fine. I later deleted ADC and moved Exchange 2003 to native mode. I recently found out that the public folders have not been migrated. I earler used the pfmigrate script in exchange 2003. For some reason it had just created blank folders with no data on it. Now i want to migrate/transfer the public folders content(like forms) from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 computer. Please help. Best, Karthik ...

Moving email folders/email msgs. from older version to Outlook 200
Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. Need help finding correct files and import/export process. "Greg G" <Greg G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C04831-4559-4F9A-9210-7B67575AC3CF@microsoft.com... > Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. > Need help finding correct files and import/export process. How to backup and restore Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assi...

Public Calendar Attachments in OWA
In OWA my clients can add attachments to their personal calendar, but they cannot add attachments to the public calendar. This is only in OWA. Any suggestions on what I might need to change? ...

Display public variable in Header
I have page breaks when a variable changes. How can I display what that variable is in the header? Thank you in advance God bless you ...

public folder calendar returns all when using find
We have SBS2003 with exchange setup and functioning fine. All clients using Outlook 2003. We have setup a public calendar for inspections appointments which has been working fine. However one user now finds that when she uses the find feature on this calendar in outlook she is always returned all entries and not restricted to the scope of the find argument. The find feature works on all other public and personnel folders that she has. No other user has a problem. We have also tested on other pcs with her account and happens regardless of which machine is used. Have tried changing the permissi...

Default Public View has records but columns are blank
A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not show any values. There are a number of lines in the list with an icon only. If I try to delete one the message says select an entry before attempting operation. I cannot select the lijne either. Have created many views before and never seen this. Other views are ok? Hi Steve, Try publishing the entity and see if this resolves the problem. HTH, Niths "Steve" wrote: > A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not > show any values. There are a number of lines in the...

What's the Difference Between This NG and microsoft.public.excel.misc?
See Subject. -- W. eWatson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/> Hi, You are posting to the microsoft.public.excel so I'm not sure what you mean by the subject line? your's ends in .m which I don't think is a legal site. The microsoft Excel newgroup area has many sub-areas dealing with: Functions General Questions New users Charts Excel Application Errors Programming ...

Changing font size for folder labels
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I had to change my identity because of problems creating an archive. The font size for the folder/subfolder names is considerably bigger than in my old identity, but I can't find/remember how I was able to shrink the font size in the old identity. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ----------------1884767708369135418 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit On 2010-03-01 18:30:43 -0800, JHawk@officefor...