Can't see Groups in Global Address List

I have created a group on the exchange server using the following method

AD Users and Group
Action, New, Grou
Named the Group Managers, Group Scope: Global, Group Type: Distributio
Finis

My expectation is that I would now see the Manager Group in the Global Address List in Outlook. That is not the case. I can only see it if I select "Groups" on the "All Address Lists". How do I get that Manager Group to show up in the GAL in Outlook?

Thanks -

0
anonymous (74722)

"Zanshin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have created a group on the exchange server using the following method:
>
>AD Users and Groups
>Action, New, Group
>Named the Group Managers, Group Scope: Global, Group Type: Distribution
>Finish
>
>My expectation is that I would now see the Manager Group in the Global Address List in Outlook. That is not the case. I can only see it if I select "Groups" on the "All Address Lists". How do I get that Manager Group to show up in the GAL in Outlook?

Mail-enable the group.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Display As = File as & (address in parens)
I just moved all my contacts into a new .pst file (I'm using OL 2003) and something changed. I USED TO have "Display As" show only the person's name, and not the person's name PLUS the email address in parens as the default does. In other words, default would show "JOHN SMITH (johnsmith@aol.com)". But when I created all those entries, I changed them to show only "JOHN SMITH". In my new file, Outlook has changed all my "Display As" entries to the default: name AND email address. It's not how I want it, so I'm hoping there'...

Exchange delegation using group doesn't work?
Hi, I am running Exch 2k3 SP1 in Windows SBS 2003. I tried to delegate Exch to user. What I did: I created a group called: Junior Admins I delegate at the Exchange top level the Junior Admins group to be Exch Full Admin. I assigned user: Sam to Junior Admins I use AdminPak.msi for Sam to control Exchange from her PC. Sam can get ESE on her PC (mmc), but can't open the server folder due the rights. I've also assigned Sam in the local administrator of that workstation. Things work if I assign Sam directly in the Delegation Control from ESE. How can I delegate control via group? ...

Message Stuck in Outbox to Only One Particular Email Address
Hi: I have Outlook 2007 and have been using it for about 2 months or so. I have encountered a problem with sending emails. I have sent emails to a particular email address (WinTips-Tricks@yahoogroups.com ) and the emails get stuck in the outbox. The CPU usage is very high (about 76%) and the taskbar icon flashes furiously. If I look in the outbox, the email is also doing a staccato flash. At the bottom of Outlook the send says complete, yet the flashing taskbar icon, and flashing email in the outbox remain. After awhile (about 2-3 minutes) this stops, but the email remains in the outbox....

Show All Groups in 2007
I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's not available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always "Show All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the navigation pane and activate all the time? I prefer to see all my objects at once. Thanks for any help. Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose: All Objects. To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav Pane, and choose: Category | Object Type -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, W...

how to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"?
How to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"? That means I wish all the contact email address in my address book are "safe sender" and I wish to receive their incoming email without block as spam. Thank you. ay <nospam-jgy2001-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > How to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"? > > That means I wish all the contact email address in my address book > are "safe sender" and I wish to receive their incoming email without > block as spam. Version of Outlook? For OL 2003...

Should be simple to add additional address book for outlook.
Ok this is a simple request that doesn't seem to work. Using the ESM (exchange 2003) SBS. Navigate to All Global Address lists. Right click and new Global Address List. Then I go to outlook client click new email. Click on the address book navigator link. In the available address books I only have global address list or the outlook contacts. How do you get the new Global address book to display ? On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:46:01 -0700, Conrad Gotzmann <ConradGotzmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Ok this is a simple request that doesn't seem to work. >Using the ESM (...

email address autopick
I have an issue with adresse autopick feature on o/l 2003.=20 Every time I log out and log back in, I lose address cache=20 and am forced to type the whole address. Is there any=20 setting for persistent address cache that I need to enable=20 in outlook. I've looked through all dialogs in Tools=E0=20 Options - but to no avail. Any help is appreciated. Your Outlook profile is corrupt. You'll need to create a new one. You'll then start over with a brand new autocompletion cache. If you think you have a substantial cache that you want to restore, post back (seems unlikely if you have...

Category Group
How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined category groups? In microsoft.public.money, Mark wrote: >How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined >category groups? See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information. Plus it was not desirable to post twice. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74a201c3e76e$8c5a8ff0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined > category groups? I asked a question about Category Groups not too long ago. Here was Dick Watson...

Image List
Hello All I Need To Get The Path Of The Image Saved In An Image List Any One Know How Thanks Start Run Browse to the field Select view all field types Select open Cut the path from the box Close run Be aware the you will have extra "" around the path (just in case you are using the path in a code) Good luck -- Wayne Manchester, England. "RABEA" wrote: > Hello All > > I Need To Get The Path Of The Image Saved In An Image List > > Any One Know How > > Thanks > > > I'm not sure whether this info is retained but even if it ...

Listing Activesynce users
Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. Thanks. Jeff In news:Oi0wwKTaGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Jeff Senter <jsenter@erols.com> typed: > Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I > can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of > seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. > > Thanks. > > Jeff Check out http://www.microsoft.com/downloads...

Reports based on groups
I am using access 2007 and need to create individual reports for a number of different client records so I can export them to email to the clients. The number and names of clients vary each month so I want to write either a macro or module or something such that it will automatically generate the reports each month. Thoughts? ...

postal address area requirements
Howdy all.. I need to make a tri-fold newsletter that I'll be mailing out without an envelope...just tri fold, seal, address and mail. I think there are requirements for area on the outside that must be reserved for addressee, postage, return address...Where can I find these measurements? tnx, Rob Best place is USPS http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/dmm300_landing.htm http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/602.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wr...

Add contacts to Global
I am a parent trying to get our elementary school up to date. I want to add all the students in the school's CONTACTS (address, phone, email address, etc). They do use Exchange as I saw GLOBAL as an option at one of the teacher's pc. The principal would like me to do this. They outsource their computer technical work, so I am thinking I would need administrative access to add contacts to the global contacts, correct? Since I'm not a network person, but I do know a lot about Outlook, I need to know EXACTLY how to accomplish this and what info I need to find out from the...

Add a nwe mail folder with new email address
I want to add a new folder within the mail area in Outlook 2003. opened up an additional email account with my IP and want that email t go to a seperate main folder in outlook. Under All Mail Folders I'v got Personal Folders and Hotmail as root folders in the area. I wan to add another root folder for my new email only. Thank you, Crai ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Apart from special accounts like HTTP and IMAP when you collect POP3 then all mess...

Mailing List Duplicates
Is there a software program that works with excel to delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the thousands. Thanks for any and all help. Gordon habitated@gulftel.com one way? data>advanced filter, copy to another location and unique records only "Gordon" <habitated@gulftel.com> wrote in message news:032201c3796f$ab75f130$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a software program that works with excel to > delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the > thousands. Thanks for any and all help. > > Gordon > habitated@gulftel.com ...

cannot send or reply to a certain email address
I have one person who I cannot send or reply to their email. I can receive email from them. I have deleted their contact info and re-entered. I have tried emailing without using contact, just typing address in. I can, however, get on my email server and send/reply to them just fine. Error is that their email is not a valid email address. Thanks for your help! Are you sure the address is valid? Type it in the To field so you are sure there isn't any extra characters in it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 200...

Changing default address book from Global to Contacts
I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing the Global Adress book from our internal network to opening our shared business contacts when you click the "To:" button when addressing a new email. Does anybody know how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance. Go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose which Contacts folder to show first. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brad Streeeer" <brad@aerospecialties.com> wrote in message news:0b2501c3c3f4$f69d8220$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing &...

CObarray and list
Can any one give me some pointeres? I have a CObArray, say, with 4 items. I have a list box, of which the content is generated from the string variables of the 4 items. The list box is sorted alphabetically. When a users clicks on an item in the list box, what's the best way to reference back to the original array, i.e which array has been selected? I can't use GetCurSel() as the list box is sorted alphabetically. I can't do a direct comparison either as the list items are generated from a bunch of variables within each array object. In some cases, it may be possible for dupli...

need help with list box?
Hi I have a huge table of about 20000 records. how can I restrict entry for a few columns. I am new to excel programming. For example. I have a list of colors (red, green, blue) that I want to go under the Color column. how can I allow the user to click on a pulldown or list box similar to ms access for each cell. thanks in advance. Hi you could use 'Data - Validation'. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I have a huge table of about 20000 records. how can I restrict entry for a >few columns. >I am new to exc...

combo box list updating
Hi - I would like my combo box list to change base on the value of A1. That is, I have its input range being B1:F1 - "Year 1", " Year 2" etc. Example: -If cell A1 is the value "10" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 1" (which is cell "B1") -If cell A1 is the value "20" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 2" (which is cell "C1") ETC... Thanks for your help - Jim A ...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

finding all addresses in an exchange system
Being relatively new to Exchange and Outlook, I'm looking for the best way to implement a situation where there is a generic email account that the outside world sends to that a number of people need to monitor. Right now what I have done is set up an email enabled Public Folder and simply give permissions to that folder to the appropriate people. I also hide that address so it doesn't display in the GAL, since there is no reason for internal folks to write to that address. However, one problem I see with this scenario is I can't find an effective way to look at all email addres...

Some contacts don't show on drop down box when addressing email
I was using Outlook Express, my computer motherboard died, got new computer with Windows 7, trying to learn Outlook 2003. The computer tech from my husband's office put Outlook 2003 on the new computer and somehow transferred the addresses that I had in Outlook Express. I do not know what method he used to get the addresses into Outlook 2003. Some things carried over just fine, some things didn't, i.e. a group list of my subdivision property owners, so I had to re-make that distribution list. When I want to email my daughter, her name or email address is not s...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

MSN account list
How come I can't get a CASH account to show up in MSN. I want to enter transaction on MSN site from work and on the road, and sync them when I get home. ...