Can't See External To: Names

Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise, Outlook Web Access 2003

From time to time a user of mine sends emails to external users plus
himself.  The problem is only his name shows in the TO: list.  The external
user names do not display.  In the latest case, he was replying to an email
received from an external sender.   Everything looks fine in the tracking log
for his sent email, all recipient names are listed.  Needless to say he is
not happy with this situation.  Has anyone had this problem who can help me
understand what's going on?  Why are the external addresses unavailable for
display?  I understand Outlook simply displays the data available, so I am
guessing this is an exchange issue.  Please advise if this is not the case
and I will post to the Outlook group.

Thanks for your help.
0
Diane1 (69)

Are you sure he isn't using BCC?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise, Outlook Web Access 2003
>
> From time to time a user of mine sends emails to external users plus
> himself.  The problem is only his name shows in the TO: list.  The
> external
> user names do not display.  In the latest case, he was replying to an
> email
> received from an external sender.   Everything looks fine in the tracking
> log
> for his sent email, all recipient names are listed.  Needless to say he is
> not happy with this situation.  Has anyone had this problem who can help
> me
> understand what's going on?  Why are the external addresses unavailable
> for
> display?  I understand Outlook simply displays the data available, so I am
> guessing this is an exchange issue.  Please advise if this is not the case
> and I will post to the Outlook group.
>
> Thanks for your help.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
2/4/2007 5:30:57 AM
Hi Ed,

BCC is not being used.  That was my first thought.  This was a reply to an
email with all recipients in the CC: field, so they weren't even retyped.
Any other thoughts?  I'm not finding any other clues and I understand it hass
happened more then once, though this is the first time we were notified.

Thanks,

Diane

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Are you sure he isn't using BCC?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise, Outlook Web Access 2003
> >
> > From time to time a user of mine sends emails to external users plus
> > himself.  The problem is only his name shows in the TO: list.  The
> > external
> > user names do not display.  In the latest case, he was replying to an
> > email
> > received from an external sender.   Everything looks fine in the tracking
> > log
> > for his sent email, all recipient names are listed.  Needless to say he is
> > not happy with this situation.  Has anyone had this problem who can help
> > me
> > understand what's going on?  Why are the external addresses unavailable
> > for
> > display?  I understand Outlook simply displays the data available, so I am
> > guessing this is an exchange issue.  Please advise if this is not the case
> > and I will post to the Outlook group.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

0
Diane1 (69)
2/4/2007 5:01:00 PM
Is the errant recipient an alternate recipient of one of the listed
addressees?
--

> Hi Ed,
>
> BCC is not being used.  That was my first thought.  This was a reply to an
> email with all recipients in the CC: field, so they weren't even retyped.
> Any other thoughts?  I'm not finding any other clues and I understand it
> hass
> happened more then once, though this is the first time we were notified.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Diane
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Are you sure he isn't using BCC?
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise, Outlook Web Access 2003
>> >
>> > From time to time a user of mine sends emails to external users plus
>> > himself.  The problem is only his name shows in the TO: list.  The
>> > external
>> > user names do not display.  In the latest case, he was replying to an
>> > email
>> > received from an external sender.   Everything looks fine in the
>> > tracking
>> > log
>> > for his sent email, all recipient names are listed.  Needless to say he
>> > is
>> > not happy with this situation.  Has anyone had this problem who can
>> > help
>> > me
>> > understand what's going on?  Why are the external addresses unavailable
>> > for
>> > display?  I understand Outlook simply displays the data available, so I
>> > am
>> > guessing this is an exchange issue.  Please advise if this is not the
>> > case
>> > and I will post to the Outlook group.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
2/12/2007 7:27:46 AM
No, there are no alternate recipients.  For this issue, there were six
external "TO" addresses and one internal - the sender who copied himself.
Only the sender's address was displayed on the email.  I saw a few old posts
describing what appeared to be the same issue.  The only difference was the
missing recipient names were replaced by semi-colons which did not occur in
this case.  No one had found a reason/solution for the issue.  Thanks very
much for your continued help.

Diane

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Is the errant recipient an alternate recipient of one of the listed
> addressees?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ed,
> >
> > BCC is not being used.  That was my first thought.  This was a reply to an
> > email with all recipients in the CC: field, so they weren't even retyped.
> > Any other thoughts?  I'm not finding any other clues and I understand it
> > hass
> > happened more then once, though this is the first time we were notified.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Diane
> >
> > "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you sure he isn't using BCC?
> >> --
> >> Ed Crowley
> >> MVP - Exchange
> >> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> >>
> >> "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Diane1 (69)

Count File Names
Hi All, I having an issue with version control on Buisness cases. I currently have a spreadsheet that looks into a folder and picks up details from a number of files. However, they require version control numbers so there will eventually be multiple files say 2010-01 v1.0, 2010-01 v1.1. Is there a way I can: 1) Get a macro to count the number of 2010-01 files there are in the folder, and 2) Get my version control sheet to look at the latest version of the file (in this example: 2010-01 v1.1) Cheers, Chris See if this code works. I assume that 2010-01 is year and month. ...

M2004: Change name on home page?
I'm using Money 2004. On the home page it says "So-and-so's Money Home Page". How can I change the name that appears there? -Rod > I'm using Money 2004. On the home page it says "So-and-so's Money Home > Page". How can I change the name that appears there? Figures... I always seem to find a solution right after posting a question! Click Accounts & Bills, Account Setup, Update Personal Information. -Rod ...

Name prefixing in reply message
All, I'm not even sure what terms to google for related to this problem. If you get an email from someone in the Office XP version of Outlook, and you click reply to that email, then start typing inside the portion of the message that contains the original message you replied to, it will automatically prefix everything you write with your name. How does one turn this off? Thanks in advance! TwistedPair wrote: > I'm not even sure what terms to google for related to this problem. If you > get an email from someone in the Office XP version of Outlook, > and you click...

Comparing first and last names in two lists #2

Different display names
Hi Is there any way to have an account display differently in the FROM field compared to the GAL (Exchange 2003). We would like the user to appear in the GAL as "Bob User" but when an external recipient reads an email it should be displayed as "Bob of Company <bob.user@company.com>". Cheers Stuart ...

File name from a cell
I am trying to have date in a cell become the file name and appear i the save as dialog box as the file is saved the first time -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim mySuggestedFileName As String Dim myFileName As Variant With Worksheets("sheet1") mySuggestedFileName = "c:\my documents\excel\test\" _ & Format(.Range("a1").Value, "yyyy_mm_dd") & ".xls" End With myFileName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename _ ...

Outlook 2003 cannot see other email addresses in the to field
Outlook 2003 cannot see other email addresses in the to field - when someone emails me and a group of other people, I only see my email address. I cannot reply to all and send the other people an email. Is this a bug? No, they probably used the BCC field or a mail merge instead so only your address shows up. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jenni&...

Unlocking named ranges
I am working with a spreadsheet created by a former employee. He used named ranges a lot. I am trying to understand the worksheet. When I see an equation in a cell like =Sum(Shipments) I feel I know what it means. But how do I learn what the actual cell reference is ie = Sum(D2:G2).? TIA Insert a new, empty worksheet into the workbook. Then you can use The Insert-> Name-> Paste menu option and click on the Paste List button to get a listing of all the names and the definitions "JohnL" wrote: > I am working with a spreadsheet created by a former employee. He used...

Adding company name to the "From" field
Hopefully this is an easy problem. We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 in a mixed domain. (Win2k and Win2003 servers) Lets say I am working for a company named "XYZ". The owner of the company wants the "from" line in the email client to say "Bill Smith, XYZ Company". Unfortunately I can not find a way to do this. Any help is appreciated. Bob Hi Bob, Just use ADModify to rewrite the Display name for every user in your company, or for users of that company (if companys are sharing and AD) ADModify can be found here: http://www.gotdotnet.co...

edit suggest names when completing To, cc and bcc fields
Apparently I don't have an Address Book linked to Outlook 2000. No matter, because I seem to be ok with the suggest names feature, which I guess is not Address Book-linked, but linked to a memory bank of names and corresponding addresses typed in during the past. However, here is my question: How do you edit this Suggest Names list? In particular, A. Suppose you want to stop Outlook from suggesting a particular name because it is not current anymore. Worse, you might inadvertantly click on it and send msg to somebody you don't want to receive it. Is there a way to delet...

reading file name from folder function
I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please let me know. Thanks. Hi. >I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all >the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please see the getFileInfo( ) function in the tip, "How to compare the contents of two directories," on the following Web page for an example: http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/vba1.html HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http...

Select Records that fall in an external set of ranges (subquery)
HiI have not done subqueries before so I am a bit confused. I have twotables1 - Phone Numbers - (converted to be numeric) (with other fields forlater) and2 - Exchange codes - multiple entries for code with 3 fields -Exchange name (duplication) - Start Range and End Range.I want to return a list of phone numbers that fall into the range fora certain exchange.For example - MRSPOO has 4 entries in the Exchange Table with 4distinct ranges. 200-299, 307-788, 997-1102 and 2036-6698. I would like to be able to return all the phone numbers for a singleexchange code that I would select (using a query...

Domain name not always needed to log into OWA?

Named Ranges
Hi! I created several worksheets that contained huge lists, so I created a dynamic named range. Now that the name has been inserted in my array formulas, my Macro runs very slowly. The Macro unprotects one of my sheets, sorts the data in a table, hides the blank rows and the protects the sheet again. There are no related named range formulas in that worksheet, so I'm not sure why it would be affected. The Macro ran quickly when I had a defined range of data. Would giving a named range like 'Date' and having text in my workbook with 'Date' create conflicts? Could this...

Report names in listbox
I recently upgraded to Access 2007 and am having some trouble with the changes. I have a form with a listbox in which I would like to display the names of all the reports in the database. I've tried using the following as the rowsource for the listbox, but in form view nothing is displayed. Does anyone know how to do this? TIA, Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com "SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((Left([Name],1))<"~") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=-32764)) ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;" I think you made a slight typo. Try (((Left([Name],1))<>&quo...

Send Emails With A Different Name Than How Its Listed in the GAL
Hi all, I have a quick question: My client is unhappy with how his emails get sent out from MS Outlook. The GAL on our server lists names as [Last Name], [First Name]. This is how the majority of our clients want it. However, he wants his to be [First Name] [Last Name]. So, all recipients getting emails from him will see his name as First Name, Last Name. We can't do this for him on our GAL, since it would obviously cause an inconsistency if we did it only for one name. But, I figured I'd post here to see if anything else can be done to accomodate him. Thanks in advance for your help...

Switching Names Around
Hey gurus- I am getting a list of names imported into Excel. All the names are in the order of LAST NAME FIRST MI/[SPOUSE] FIRST [SPOUSE] MI. All of them have their last name at the beginning, and they're all merged into the same cell. I am trying to print out mailers, so I need the 1st name moved to the back of the line so it prints out normally. How would I write a macro to do this? The only way I can think of is to signal is off the very 1st SPACE- everything before that space gets added to the end of the line. Is this possible to do? How do I do this? I'm not very good at VB, so...

running external program, waiting for completion
I'm trying to start an external utility from a C++ program, but I'm having some problems I've tried various approaches, but all seem to suffer from the same problem: I can start the utility but if I try to wait for it to exit, then I'll wait forever (& the utility never seems to start running). One example: SHELLEXECUTEINFO ShExecInfo = {0}; ShExecInfo.cbSize = sizeof(SHELLEXECUTEINFO); ShExecInfo.fMask = SEE_MASK_NOCLOSEPROCESS; ShExecInfo.hwnd = NULL; ShExecInfo.lpVerb = _T("open"); ShExecInfo.lpFile = "c:\\xxx\\yyy\\zzz.exe"; ShExecInfo.lpPar...

Access server name?
Hi Experts: I have been using SQL Server 2005 and I'm now trying to move to Access (Microsoft Office Access 2007). One question, with SQL Server 2005, there is a Windows Service called "SQL Server" which is running all the time and ready to be connected from a database application. In the case of Access, what is the equivalent program? I do not see any Access program in the Windows Service List. Thanks in advance! Polaris In news:OC1gc%23kpHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, Polaris <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi Experts: > > I have been using SQ...

Using a named range as a data source for a chart
Hi, I'm trying to build a chart that that has a named range as its data source. The named range refers to a table that is 2x3 and is called geographydata. Is there any way that I can have the source data for the graph to be geographydata? Thanks! Michael You can enter the name, preceded by the worksheet name and exclamation point, for the data range, but Excel will convert this name to its cell address. If you want the chart to be dynamic as the name changes its size, you have to define a name for each series' data. This will not dynamically change the number of series in the ch...

Doesn't find files w/spaces in name
There are a lot of folders and Excel spreadsheets on our shared drive that I need to open. Most of the folders and file names are named like: get reports\reports sep 2004.xls When I try to open one, Excel doesn't find it and I think it's because there are spaces in the folder names and/or file names. Is there a setting in Excel that will help me get around this? This was working until I had a glitch in Excel and the technician fixed the glitch and this problem appeared. Any help would be appreciated. I found an answer and so far it works. "C:/program files/microsoft off...

Help with a report to see all payments
Hi, I want to create a report that lists all payments from an account All I want it to show is Num, Date, Payee, Payment Amount But I want it to show all payments not just checks. I don't even need a grand total or anything for each month or the whole date range (previous year) I just want to see every payment. And I want to compare it to my hand written ledger. Using 2007 Deluxe. I tried customizing an income and spending report but it only showed me a monthly total and not a transaction list. In microsoft.public.money, Robbie wrote: >Hi, >I want to create a report that ...

Cannot see receipients in global list while using OWA
I have exchange 2003 with outlook 2003 as client. Whenever I use OWA and try to create new email and click on TO to select receiver's name from the global list, I get a differnent screen which as me to enter name to search. I want to display names so I can select from the list. Here is the screen that I get each time I click on TO. I should be seeing everyone's name so I can select. If I connect locally, I do get the list and there is no problem. This happens only with OWA. Thanks -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OWA d...

Parse Name Field into First Name Last Name
I have a field called [Patient Name] that I want to parse out into a First Name Field and Last Name Field. I am using the Charindex() to find the comma that seperates the First and Last Name, I am then passing the Charindex value to the Left Function to grab the Last Name. Below is what the code looks like: LEFT([Patient Name],Charindex(',', [Patient Name])-1) AS LAST_NAME I am getting the below error when using the above code Invalid length parameter passed to the LEFT or SUBSTRING function. Warning: Null value is eliminated by an aggregate or other SET operation. ...

Not remembering names for autocomplete
We're running Outlook 2002 on a Windows 2000 terminal server with Exchange 5.5 For some reason, the autocomplete feature isn't rememebering names from day to day. A user will send out e-mails, and for the rest of his session it will autocomplete the name if he types it in again - but the next time he launches a session, the autocomplete doesn't remember that name. What are the possible causes and resolutions for this? Corrupt profile. Create a new one. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Eric" <rvrndlovejoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uG1OB%23iVFHA.3488@...