Can't see all the contacts when viewing "Other Users Folders"

We have a strange situation.  We have several users that are setup to
see "Other Users Folders"   The two folders are Contacts and
Appointments.

For some reason only a partial list of contacts belonging to the CEO
can be seen by 2 users with their Outlook Client.  Those are the
contacts that the 2 other users have entered into the CEO Contact list
from their Outlook Client. None of the older contacts (before the
sharing was setup or new contacts that the CEO enters into her Contact
list show up on the users Outlook Client.

The users have full permissions.  Also note that at the bottom left
corner of the Outlook page of the 2 users shows the correct number of
contacts (items) in the CEO's  contact list.  There are 941 contacts
BUT the users can only see about 100 contacts when viewing the CEO's
Contact Folder.

The calendar works fine.  All appointments can be seen by all three
people no matter who enters them.

Any Ideas?

Many Thanks

Ron

0
rboetger (79)

On the CEO's computer, see if the contacts are marked "private". If they
aren't, check for view filters on the other computers' outlook settings.

Ron Boetger wrote:
> We have a strange situation.  We have several users that are setup to
> see "Other Users Folders"   The two folders are Contacts and
> Appointments.
>
> For some reason only a partial list of contacts belonging to the CEO
> can be seen by 2 users with their Outlook Client.  Those are the
> contacts that the 2 other users have entered into the CEO Contact list
> from their Outlook Client. None of the older contacts (before the
> sharing was setup or new contacts that the CEO enters into her Contact
> list show up on the users Outlook Client.
>
> The users have full permissions.  Also note that at the bottom left
> corner of the Outlook page of the 2 users shows the correct number of
> contacts (items) in the CEO's  contact list.  There are 941 contacts
> BUT the users can only see about 100 contacts when viewing the CEO's
> Contact Folder.
>
> The calendar works fine.  All appointments can be seen by all three
> people no matter who enters them.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Many Thanks
>

> Ron

0
lanwench (7567)
4/22/2004 12:52:36 AM
I am new to Exchange  Where do I looke for "private" on the CEO's
Outlook?

Many Thanks

Ron

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:52:36 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>On the CEO's computer, see if the contacts are marked "private". If they
>aren't, check for view filters on the other computers' outlook settings.
>
>Ron Boetger wrote:
>> We have a strange situation.  We have several users that are setup to
>> see "Other Users Folders"   The two folders are Contacts and
>> Appointments.
>>
>> For some reason only a partial list of contacts belonging to the CEO
>> can be seen by 2 users with their Outlook Client.  Those are the
>> contacts that the 2 other users have entered into the CEO Contact list
>> from their Outlook Client. None of the older contacts (before the
>> sharing was setup or new contacts that the CEO enters into her Contact
>> list show up on the users Outlook Client.
>>
>> The users have full permissions.  Also note that at the bottom left
>> corner of the Outlook page of the 2 users shows the correct number of
>> contacts (items) in the CEO's  contact list.  There are 941 contacts
>> BUT the users can only see about 100 contacts when viewing the CEO's
>> Contact Folder.
>>
>> The calendar works fine.  All appointments can be seen by all three
>> people no matter who enters them.
>>
>> Any Ideas?
>>
>> Many Thanks
>>

>> Ron

0
rboetger (79)
4/22/2004 2:08:10 PM
Go to his computer, open one of the "invisible to others" contacts, look to
see if the "private" checkbox is ticked in the lower right-hand corner.

Ron Boetger wrote:
> I am new to Exchange  Where do I looke for "private" on the CEO's
> Outlook?
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Ron
>
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:52:36 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On the CEO's computer, see if the contacts are marked "private". If
>> they aren't, check for view filters on the other computers' outlook
>> settings.
>>
>> Ron Boetger wrote:
>>> We have a strange situation.  We have several users that are setup
>>> to see "Other Users Folders"   The two folders are Contacts and
>>> Appointments.
>>>
>>> For some reason only a partial list of contacts belonging to the CEO
>>> can be seen by 2 users with their Outlook Client.  Those are the
>>> contacts that the 2 other users have entered into the CEO Contact
>>> list from their Outlook Client. None of the older contacts (before
>>> the sharing was setup or new contacts that the CEO enters into her
>>> Contact list show up on the users Outlook Client.
>>>
>>> The users have full permissions.  Also note that at the bottom left
>>> corner of the Outlook page of the 2 users shows the correct number
>>> of contacts (items) in the CEO's  contact list.  There are 941
>>> contacts BUT the users can only see about 100 contacts when viewing
>>> the CEO's Contact Folder.
>>>
>>> The calendar works fine.  All appointments can be seen by all three
>>> people no matter who enters them.
>>>
>>> Any Ideas?
>>>
>>> Many Thanks
>>>

>>> Ron

0
lanwench (7567)
4/22/2004 4:57:47 PM
That did the trick!!!  Thanks

Any idea how to quickly un-check 900 and some contacts?

Ron

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:57:47 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>Go to his computer, open one of the "invisible to others" contacts, look to
>see if the "private" checkbox is ticked in the lower right-hand corner.
>
>Ron Boetger wrote:
>> I am new to Exchange  Where do I looke for "private" on the CEO's
>> Outlook?
>>
>> Many Thanks
>>
>> Ron
>>
>> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:52:36 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On the CEO's computer, see if the contacts are marked "private". If
>>> they aren't, check for view filters on the other computers' outlook
>>> settings.

0
rboetger (79)
4/22/2004 7:44:50 PM
Hmmm - not sure - might want to post in microsoft.public.outlook to ask the
gurus there.

Ron Boetger wrote:
> That did the trick!!!  Thanks
>
> Any idea how to quickly un-check 900 and some contacts?
>
> Ron
>

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:57:47 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Go to his computer, open one of the "invisible to others" contacts,
>> look to see if the "private" checkbox is ticked in the lower
>> right-hand corner.
>>
>> Ron Boetger wrote:
>>> I am new to Exchange  Where do I looke for "private" on the CEO's
>>> Outlook?
>>>
>>> Many Thanks
>>>
>>> Ron

0
lanwench (7567)
4/22/2004 9:39:40 PM
Not that big of problem!!!  Not being able to share the contacts was.

Many Thanks Again.

Ron

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:39:40 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>Hmmm - not sure - might want to post in microsoft.public.outlook to ask the
>gurus there.
>
>Ron Boetger wrote:
>> That did the trick!!!  Thanks
>>
>> Any idea how to quickly un-check 900 and some contacts?
>>
>> Ron
>>

>> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:57:47 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Go to his computer, open one of the "invisible to others" contacts,
>>> look to see if the "private" checkbox is ticked in the lower
>>> right-hand corner.

0
rboetger (79)

Outlook 2000
I have the ability to view other users folders, mainly calendar. My problem is I do not know how to remove a users name from the list of folders that I have already viewed? Some people have left the office but their name still appears in the list of Other users folders. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The following article should help you to clear the Open Other User's Folder list: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/usertips.htm#otherusers -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to p...

Opening other users folders
Howdy. How do you stop users from opening other user's folder, ie inbox, calendar, tasks. Inbox folders are NOT shared. Default and Anonymous permissions are "none." Privacy/Security problem. THanks in advance, Kenny ...

users can open other users folders (inboxes)
Just realized that any user can open any users mailboxes by going to file>open>other users folder and selecting anyones inboxes. I have reviewed permissions and removed authenticated users from mailbox permissions and restart ms info store service, but cannot seem to prevent access. Please help, any ideas would be great. -- jgarcia ...

OWA Users have full access to other users folders
I have an Exchange 2003 Server with users using a mix of Outlook 2003 and OWA for email access. The users' calendars are shared company-wide for read/write access, while all other folders are restricted to no access/invisible. These restrictions work fine throughout the company when using Outlook. However, if any user browses to an address such as: https://exchange/user_name/calendar they are presented with the standard OWA login screen. After logging in with their own account, they are able to view and interact with any other account specified by the "user_name" above. Th...

Can't see all the contacts when viewing "Other Users Folders"
We have a strange situation. We have several users that are setup to see "Other Users Folders" The two folders are Contacts and Appointments. For some reason only a partial list of contacts belonging to the CEO can be seen by 2 users with their Outlook Client. Those are the contacts that the 2 other users have entered into the CEO Contact list from their Outlook Client. None of the older contacts (before the sharing was setup or new contacts that the CEO enters into her Contact list show up on the users Outlook Client. The users have full permissions. Also note that at the...

Clearing the recently used list of other users folders
Hi Does anyone know how to clear the list of previously opened 'other user's folders' under File/Open. I have a user who only needs to open the calendars of a couple of people but has four on her list. She keeps clicking on the wrong one as the names are similiar. I've tried going to 'Customise' to drag them off to no avail and can't find anything in Tools/Options to clear the list. My only other last resort 'solution' is to open the calendars of two completely different names so that she doesn't get confused anymore! But would love to kn...

Why Users can open other users folders
Hi We have Exchange Server 2003 and we access Outlook using exhcnage server. I have found that all users can access others folder by going File, Open, Other User's Folder. Can you please guide me how can I prevent this. Do I have to make permission changes on Exchange Server? If yes where? Your prompt response is greatly appreciated. mukeshhtrivedi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi We have Exchange Server 2003 and we access Outlook using exhcnage > server. I have found that all users can access others folder by going > File, Open, Other User's Folder. Can you please guide me how can I ...

Opening other users folders
I have an exchange 2000 server that I am working on. A user went through outlook and chose the file menu, then open, and then other users folder. They then selected the head cheese of the company and they could see all of their e-mail messages. I just came in after a guy, who was fired, and I figure he may have done something to the security. The mailboxes all have the everyone group listed with full permissions. I didn't want to touch it without consulting someone else first. Thanks in advance, Kevin That's not good. Someone has fiddled with permissions because that is not ...

Resetting the Other Users Folders list
Re: Outlook 2003 When accessing another user's Calendar that you have been granted permissions to, a reference to that person's calendar appears in the lower part of the File > Open > Other User's Folder menu. I have not been able to determine how to clear or reset this menu. And unlike the adaptive menus in other Office applications, these references have not removed themselves even though the shared calendars are no longer accessed. Any suggestions? Thanks, jm ...

Other users folders
Hi, In Outlook, I use the File - Open - Other users folders option to open delegated calanders. All my users have switched domains and I now want to clear the most recently accessed list and re-open. Any ideas how I can clear this with re-install ? Something similar to Start - Settings - Taskbar - Advanced - Clear, for recent documents in win2k Thanks in advance ! Ray Its a registry setting local to the user depending on version check here for location http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/usertips.htm "Raydocks" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1...

Delete Other Users Folders
Another user went to File/Open/Other User's Folder and added my Inbox. I have gone in and removed all permissions and sharing from my side, but the user still can go to File/Open and open my Inbox. How can I remove my Inbox from that selection on their menu? My Inbox appears nowhere else in their Outlook, (folder list or anywhere)??? That menu listing is just a last used list. When they open many other folders of other users it will fall off eventually. Another (drastic) way is to recreate the e-mail profile. Have your mail administrator check the permissions on your mailbox ...

Access to other users folders
I am trying to grant access to another users calendar and although it appears that I've enabled the access via exchange server 2003, the user cannot connect. Perhaps someone can give a quick rundown on the process to see what I might have missed? Configuration: 2003 Active Directory domain, 1 Exchange 2003 server, sp2, using Outlook 2003 clients in cached exchange mode. Both users are normal end users in the domain users group and other, company specific groups that do no apply to exchange. -- Thanks, Jeff how did you assing the permission, Basically Open the calender you are go...