Can't open a form

I posted this in the Outlook boards and got no answer. I may have found the
reason. If I open Outlook to the .pst file I can create an appointment. It
is only when trying to connect to Exchange I have a problem. So I think this
may be a server side issue. Another point. My laptop runs Outlook 2k. I just
tried making an appointment in O2K, which I could do. So now I am not sure
if it is server side or not.

When trying to open an appointment form by any method I get the following
message "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact
your administrator."

Yes it did say message. All other forms work.

The problem is I am the administrator. I did do a Detect and Repair of
Outlook 2K3 and
rebooted without resolution. I am using WinXP Pro on the client I am
attaching to Small Business Server 2K3 Pre edition. Using Outlook 2k3 on
both
client/server.

Thank you for any and all help.

 Fay

0
fyocum (14)

Undo dirty form after opening popup form
I have a subform within a main form. On the subform is an option group with three option buttons. When you click on any of the option buttons a popup form opens to which the user inputs a date. I need the user to be able to click a cancel button on the popup form that would close that form without saving changes and undo changes on the underlying subform (i.e. return the option button to it's original selection) that initiated the popup. Can someone help me with the right syntax to use in the code? Thanks much! I tried this behind the click event of the "Cancel" button on t...

Using Access form to assign values of variables in an Excel VBA program
I have created a VBA program for Ms Excel.But,to get desired results, every time, I go into the code to change the values of variables.Is there a way to get the values of variables stored in an Access table? YOu need to do a search for ADO method (ActiveX Data Object). There are plenty of example of code on the web. You need to add two references in your VBA to use the method. from VBA menu tools - References 1) Microsoft Access XX.X object library 2) Microsfot ActiveX Data Objects X.X library Use the latest versio of the two libraries on your PC. You will make a conn...

How do I get other email form my other accounts to show up
I have an email with hotmail, I would like to show up on my outlook and I have an email with my university, I would like to show up on my outlook. Is this possible and how if it is? How to Configure Outlook with Hotmail http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287424 How do I add a POP3 email account in MS Outlook 2003? http://support.ephost.com/Customer/KBArticle.aspx?articleid=3 "MIKE25" <MIKE25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC42F32B-FCB4-42C3-AA1D-E29D3E314DCA@microsoft.com... >I have an email with hotmail, I would like to show up ...

Form Error (Query Update)
Hi, I have about 12 people to work on the database and each has own userID and password. Their UserID and Password input and the form link to the query that has the filter on "UserID and Password" for their input. The message said "Can't Update; Query Locked". Is there I do something wrong? I thought the form is the shared for everyone to input based by UserID and Password. Please help. Thanks We aren't there. We can't see how your database is set up. For instance, do you have a split database, with a single "back-end" file on your network an...

I cannot open Publisher
Can anyone tell me why I suddenly cannot even open Publisher. I continue to get a message that reads "Windows is low on memory or your hard disk is full" on and on when I try to open Publisher. I have not been able to find any information on the support pages regarding this particular message. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from skiefer <lvcfstscott@enter.net>... > Can anyone tell me why I suddenly cannot even open > Publisher. I continue to get a message that > reads "Windows is low on memory or your hard disk is f...

Disable/Enable all controls on a form based on value of another control
What is the best to way to exclude a specific control (or controls) from the following condition? (e.g., I would like to exclude SubjectID and MRN from being Enabled or Disabled): ### Dim Ctl As Control On Error Resume Next If IsNull(Me.SubjectID) OR IsNull(Me.MRN) Then For Each Ctl In Me.Controls Ctl.Enabled = False Next Ctl Else For Each Ctl In Me.Controls Ctl.Enabled = True Next Ctl End If ### I'm using this to ensure that the user enters the SubjectID and MRN *before* entering more data for the subject. By disabling all the...

Form Speed
Hi All, Has anyone noticed speed improvements by writing less code in the actual form module and keeping most of the code in a seperate module? Matt wrote: > Hi All, > > Has anyone noticed speed improvements by writing less code in the > actual form module and keeping most of the code in a seperate module? No, the reverse is probably true, but only by microseconds. Forms are slowed by the abundance of data. Limit the data by using queries on properly indexed tables, and you speed up forms immensly. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access ...

Opening Word 2007 Files
One of my co-workers is having a problem in opening Word 2007 files. He can open them directly in Word, but can open any by double clicking the file Icon in Windows Explorer. She insists there is something wrong with Word 2007, in the way files are created and saved and is quite animated to all of her other co-workers on this subject. I really need to solve this issue - does anyone have any experience with this sort of a problem. I thank you Carl I think that the file associations might be messed up. Find a Word file on the computer in question and right click it. Look fo...

Error messgae trying to open Outlook 2003
I have just got a blackberry and am trying to set up outlook to use with it. I have had my computer 5 years, but have never tried to use outlook before. When I click on it, I get the following error message "The extension configuration file c:\Program Files\microsoft office\office\addins\fldpub.ecf could not be installed. There is an error in the syntex or format of the file" This is then followed by "Unable to alter your defualt email folders. Create a new profile, make it your default by selecting it, and then clicking Always use this Profile". When I try to open...

How can we make a control in a form to a required field
Hello, My form is based on a query which consists of 3 tables: 1. Inovices 2.Supplier 3.Projects There is a tendency save the record without filling in the supplier number and when they want to update the record they can not see anymore the record. Wht is the VBA in the controls/field of the form that supplier number and project number are compulsory meaning they can not save the record if they leave thses 2 fields missing Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang Frank, Don't go about this in VBA. Put the restrictions in the table design by setting the field properties to requi...

When Load Form
I would like for my textbox to update when my form loads. I tried the following code, but my textbox just stays blank. Private Sub Form_Load() Text0.Text = "hello" End Sub Any ideas? On Jul 4, 10:51 pm, "Tim McGavin" <n...@gsw-inc.com> wrote: > I would like for my textbox to update when my form loads. > > I tried the following code, but my textbox just stays blank. > > Private Sub Form_Load() > Text0.Text = "hello" > End Sub > > Any ideas? Try this Text0.Value = "hello" On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 23:51:25 -0500, "...

Can Money2004 slow IE6 opening?
Hi, Did a search of the group but saw nothing about this. Just downloaded Money 2004 trial to check if I want to switch from Quicken. Like most of what I see but...since installing IE6 almost seems to hang when I open it both from the executable or from a link -- it really slowed and Money is the only change. Can there be a connection? P4-1.5, XPhome Thanks, Gerry --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.509 / Virus Database: 306 - Release Date: 8/12/2003 ...

Word document sent by Mac client lost encoding when opened in OWA
When a Macintosh users sends a Word or Excel document(with the proper Windows extentions) the Word document loses its encoding when you try to open it with the OWA. The Excel document is unrecognized. When you open the message with an Outlook client on Windows or Mac the attachments are fine. ...

Contact Form
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2003. How can i create a new form and use it? Thanks See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "B_" <me@theworld.com> wrote in message = news:42cedb50$0$96970$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > Hello, >=20 > I'm using Outlook 2003. >=20 > How can i create a new form and use it? >=20 > Thanks >=20 > Tools->Forms->Design...

Display Date from Unbound Field in Form in a Query
Just had an issue that in 10 years of using Access never saw - just wondering if I just never encountered it or what... I have a form running a query, the user enters a date. The report needs to show the date - so the query has a field like this: report date: [Forms!]![frm_report]![txtReportDate] I had a problem exporting to Excel - seems the direct placement in the query led to characters that Excel could not understand. I actually had another date field from the form that I did a date add on, it worked fine. I eventaully put the form reference in a Format, the issue was gone. The...

Automatic opening folders of unread email
I use to be able to assign a designated folder where an email is stored upon receipt. That folder then opened so I would know that I had unread mail. Now the folder does not open, and I am unaware of the fact that I have new, unread email. Does anyone know how to set this feature up? ...

"Operation Failed' while opening attachments in outlook
When the users try to open email attachments using Outlook 2000, an error message appears as "Operation Failed". Users can send and receive messages without attachments. Even when users forward some message with attachment, same error appears. Exchange 5.5 Enterprise and outlook 2000 are the Email server and client s/w. This could be an indication of "logicalcorruption" of the private information store database. You can run isinteg-fix -pri -test alltests until you get 0 warnings 0 errors 0 fixes. This usually means two runs and the IS needs to be down for this to...

Excel Query Opens Source
All, I am one of several offices supported by a purchasing group. This purchasing group maintains the status of all purchases in an Excel workbook. They will not open up the workbook for all. I have convinced them to let me create a workbook that queries theirs and returns just my offices purchases. They will have given everyone access required so that the query will work. As long as the exact location is not readily available and all of the data is not available, they are happy. Everything worked great for two weeks, but a week ago when the data is refreshed, the entire source workbook is o...

Line Item Comment Text On Forms
Good morning. I am trying to get the line item comment text to appear on my Sales Transaction entry forms (i.e. quotes, orders, and invoices). At present, this field shows but only 4 lines of text and only so wide. I would like to get infinite lines of text with the field growing or shrinking as need be on the form. Would appreciate any advice here. cheap ugg > On Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:50 AM Mark Plaideau wrote: > Good morning. > > > > I am trying to get the line item comment text to appear on my Sales Transaction entry forms (i.e. quotes, orders, and invoi...

Add new fields to a form
Access Newbie here. I created a simple little Contacts database and emailed it to my data entry person who is in another city. She has already entered quite a few records. Now I would like to add a couple of new fields to the form. Whats the best way to do that? Is it possible for me to email her the new form and she can import it into her database? James The database should be split into a front-end (containing the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules), linked to a back-end (containing the tables and relationships). In that way, anytime you need to make an application ch...

Open dialog not appear #2
I Thank to Ron de Bruin. I have pay attention your answer. But it just talk about Office 2000. As you know, I use Excel 97 and those step on support.microsoft.com just apply for office 2000. Maybe I shoulod repeat that the problem occurs in Excel 97 and I haven't get solution. Than Could you repeat the question? I do not know the question but the following might be one of the answers!!?? If the open dialog does not appear, 1.you need to load form from a module first? 2. Set securtiy to low so macros work? >-----Original Message----- >I Thank to Ron de Bruin. I have pay atten...

can a hyperlink open to a specific time in a video file?
I hope someone can help me out. The only problem is my hotmail account gets so much junk mail I can't recieve messages on it so and an e-mail to ryan.schaefer@enbridge.com would be much appreciated. thanks Hi, I don't think so. Can you edit the video to the start at the place you need to begin?? sorry i'm not more help to you.. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I hope someone can help me out. The only problem is my hotmail account gets >so much junk mail I can't recieve messages on it so and an e-mail to >ryan.schaefer@enbridge.com would be much apprec...

Run-time error 2137 Received On Form Open
Hi All, I have a switchboard that enables users to add, edit, or view reports. My edit button runs a marco that opens my form but then also runs code Find(). This has worked for a few years but now a user receives the run-time error 2137 when they click that button. Any ideas on the fix or should the user upload another copy of their front end? It is running on Access 2003. Thanks. Is it one user or are there multiple users which get the error. Has a service pack been installed? Take a look here: http://www.allenbrowne.com/bug-Access2003SP3.html First start by co...

Not wanting to displaying certain forms
I have a form, where I have 2 check marked boxes "Can recall" and "Do not call". What do I need to do to skip the forms that are marked "Do not call"? Thanks, Bob I have 2 different answers for you, depending on what I think you meant. 1. If you have a continuous form, you can lock the rows marked as do not call. Put code on the current event of the form like this: If Me.DoNotCall = True Then Me.ControlName.Enabled = False Else Me.ControlName.Enabled = True End If 2. Perhaps you are asking about hiding the rows marked as do n...

Open and close Dialog windows
Hello, I've got a dialog based application which performs a long lasting task for which the user has to wait. I would like to show the user a message that something is happening and I would like to close the message automatically when the task is finished. Because I've little experience with mfc I would like to ask how I can manage this and if there is an example for doing it ? Is there a faq for this group ? Thanks in advance, Ralf. "Ralf Erdmann" <ralf.erdmann@web.de> wrote in message news:403f7fa8.14652421@news.t-online.de... > Hello, > I've got a di...