can't mail enable public folder

I have an Exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2003 running in native
mode.  It was a clean install, no upgrade.  I didn't encouter any problem
when I right click a public folder and mail enable it.  However, when I tried
to access the property of the folder, I got "The mail proxy for this folder
can not be found.  This may be due to replication delays.  The mail enabled
pages will not be shown.  ID no: c1038a21"  I researched on the web and
couldn't find any solution that seems to work.  Please advise.

Thank you,

Lei
0
Lei1 (4)

Anything in the app event log?

Have you applied Exchange 2003 sp1?

"Lei" <Lei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an Exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2003 running in native
> mode.  It was a clean install, no upgrade.  I didn't encouter any problem
> when I right click a public folder and mail enable it.  However, when I
> tried
> to access the property of the folder, I got "The mail proxy for this
> folder
> can not be found.  This may be due to replication delays.  The mail
> enabled
> pages will not be shown.  ID no: c1038a21"  I researched on the web and
> couldn't find any solution that seems to work.  Please advise.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Lei

How can you tell if the Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 has been installed?  I
can't remeber if I installed it or not?  Thank you.

"Lei" wrote:

> I have an Exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2003 running in native
> mode.  It was a clean install, no upgrade.  I didn't encouter any problem
> when I right click a public folder and mail enable it.  However, when I tried
> to access the property of the folder, I got "The mail proxy for this folder
> can not be found.  This may be due to replication delays.  The mail enabled
> pages will not be shown.  ID no: c1038a21"  I researched on the web and
> couldn't find any solution that seems to work.  Please advise.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Lei
0
Lei1 (4)
9/12/2005 2:52:03 PM
I got a warning message "Unable to create Public Folder proxy object for
folder "Account Requests" in the Active Directory."  Event ID: 9543

We did apply service pack 1

Please advise.  Thanks

"William Lefkovics [MVP]" wrote:

> Anything in the app event log?
>
> Have you applied Exchange 2003 sp1?
>

> "Lei" <Lei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an Exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2003 running in native
> > mode.  It was a clean install, no upgrade.  I didn't encouter any problem
> > when I right click a public folder and mail enable it.  However, when I
> > tried
> > to access the property of the folder, I got "The mail proxy for this
> > folder
> > can not be found.  This may be due to replication delays.  The mail
> > enabled
> > pages will not be shown.  ID no: c1038a21"  I researched on the web and
> > couldn't find any solution that seems to work.  Please advise.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Lei

0
Lei1 (4)

can't access public folders with OWA
Hi, I have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 Installed everything works fine, except when trying to access Public folders via Outlook Web Access, after going to the location its asks for username and password - this works ok and the folder is displayed, but when trying to add a folder or post a note or do anything I get: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I have tested on client machines, remote machine and the exchange server as administrator with no luck. does anyone have any...

Mail size limit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Every time I try to send an email with an attachment over 2GB, I can get an message unable to send due to file size exceeds limits. Is there a fix or ideal solution to increase the limit or to turn off size limitations? Unfortunately most mail hosting company's have a size limit no more then 50mb. This is considered a standard. <br><br>Recommend splitting the file into smaller .zip or .rar files or transferring your data directly to a server where people can access using FT...

E-mail Queue
Hello, I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and have e- mail queues working from external addresses. How do I get e-mail to flow to these queues from internal Exchange addresses? We would like to use CRM email exclusively for this account. Thanks for any help. Scott Internal email can't be routed to queues unfortunately. I am not aware of anyone finding a workaround for this issue either. Anyone heard of anything? Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Scott" wrote: > > Hello, > > I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and hav...

Office Default Mail Client
I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will not let me edit it in outlook or through control panel. Does anyone know how I might repair this, I tried to fix the mail client in the registery by deleting it and running repair on on the outlook setup but this did not fix my problem. Mark wrote: >I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version >this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will >not let me ed...

Enabling shortcut menu
How can I enable the shortcut menu in cells using mouse right click? When I right click in a cell now, nothing happens. Right clicking twice opens Essbase login. AFAIK there is no Option for enabling/disabling shortcut menus. If this is a business system perhaps your MIS people have modified things in some way. This would also explain the DblRt+Clk action as that is not a commonly used technique in Windows applications. Check the Properties of your mouse. Good Luck |:>) "Slypaw" wrote: > How can I enable the shortcut menu in cells using mouse right click? > When I ri...

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

Avoid creation of new folders in my document when I open outlook?
Hi, each times I open Outlook, new folders are cretaed in my documents and each times I attach files to an email, Outlook creats new folders in the file where the attach file was. How can I avoid this? is this a dell laptop with media direct? if so, uninstall the outlook setup add-in. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outl...

An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar
I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in their inbox that contains emails. Last week he received an email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there. I've never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually change it. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it originally contained? Cheers, Gavan Blunt. What happens if you use Advanced Find? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Attachments to E-mail
When typing email and go to add attachment, it puts attachment in body of e-mail and reipeinets can't see. every once in a while the attachment gets put into seperate attachment area and then ok to see. Any recommendations. Thanks Versions would help troubleshooting, but I'll take a stab anyway. Does this occur when you send email with attachments to yourself? It could be that you're sending a type of file that the recipient has blocked in their configuration. It could be an issue between sending messages using HTML vs Plain Text. Not everyone can read HTML. It may ...

how to enable sending of .exe file
By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how to disable it? On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:03 -0800, jenson <jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how >to disable it? Its an Outlook issue, not an exchange one. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm#ol2002 On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:03 -0800, jenson <jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how >to disable it? Exchange...

where can i find the meaning of all icons next to a received mail
"Rolls" <Rolls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9729F859-6E44-46D8-A571-78E9A5977144@microsoft.com... > Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. Have a look here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) ...

CAN'T E-MAIL BIZ CARD ATTCHMT
HI AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO E- MAIL AN ATTCHMT TO MY EDITOR, AND GOING NUTS...I WORK FOR A SANTA MONICA PAPER, IT'S A BUSINESS CARD W/GRAPHICS ON IT AND THE DARN M.PUBLISHER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ALSO MY BOSS WANTS IT IN JPEG OR EPS(I DON'T HAVE EPS) AND THESE OPTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED FROM PUBLISHER TO 'SAVE AS'. IT WOULD BE A BIG PROBLEM IF IT WAS A NEW CUSTOMER WHO ASKS ME TO DEVELOP SENT ART INTO A DISPLAY AD W/GRAPHICS & TEXT, BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S MY BOYFRIENDS' CO. BIZ CARD HE MADE IN M.PUB. ON MY COMPUTER FOR ME TO PUT IN MY...

returned mail undeliverable
Hi, I have posted before but the methods that were explained to me didn't work. My isp is Freeserve, but I do not use thier e mail account. I have one private domain and one Yahoo account set up in Outlook. Everything has been working fine up until a few weeks ago when I started to get Unable to send messages and undeliverable message returned mail. Now I have sent test messages to myself from either account and replied to them and all seems to be working fine. I have had family mail me as a test and I have replied with no problem, so why am I getting undeliverable messages and returned ma...

where i can find more publication designs for ms publisher 2003?
i want to create a web site so i need more templates Amey Jahagirdar wrote: > i want to create a web site so i need more templates Make up your own designs. Better watch out Erika, you're starting to sound like me. Next thing you know, you'll be telling people that they should start with blank documents and use some creativity regardless of the end product. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Erika Katz" <erikakatz@mail.com> wrote in message news:O5NWg.14524$YO.150@tornado...

Outlook won't break lines in received plain text e-mail
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. I moved my .pst file from another Outlook 2000 on Win98. Plain text e-mails show no line breaks. I remember on the previous Outlook I modified a registry key so they would show correctly. Do you know how to fix this? Example: MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIFORNIA 91109. TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 http://jpl.convio.net/site/R?i=I- hdBIN6ChJO-3BCLCXxIg.. http://jpl.convio.net/site/R? i=QKroV09E4GFO-3BCLCXxIg.. Guy Webster (818) ...

Renaming a mail site
Is it possible to rename our existing mailsite in Exchange 5.5? Sorry, nope. If its just for display sake you can change the display name on the properties of the Site. This can get confusing down the road though. -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "KJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a37501c44e55$f6423fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possibl...

Old mail deletion without recipient policies
Hi, I own an exchange 2003 server. I want to delete mail older then 90 days (for example). However, I used some software to archive all the old mail first, but this tool marked the emails which it imported so all modification dates are resetted. Since the mailbox manager uses this date too to check how old the mail is I cant remove them anymore. Does anyone knows an alternative way to delete mail which has been recivied before a certain date? Preferably on the server, not the client. Thanks > Hi, > > I own an exchange 2003 server. I want to delete mail older then 90 days > (fo...

Office X as the default address book / mail client
Is there a way to make the office suite of products the default for the Mac OS X system? Ie, when I use Safari and it has the "add to Address book" button and I click it it brings me to iAddress Book (or what ever the freebie mac address book program is called) same is true for the calendar functions. Can I get the mac interface buttons to take me to places in entourage?? I'd bet I'm not the only guy that likes the integrated features of office and would like to use them system wide on my mac. -- v/r, Joel S. Magsig CPT, AV U.S. Army Joel.magsig@us.army.mil Joel.magsig@...

Public Folder Permissions #9
We have an Exchange 2003 server running on SBS 2003 Standard Edition. I want all users to have "owner" rights for all public folders. What I cannot figure out is this: - How to change permissions for the root of Public Folders so that all new folders created will inherit the same permissions - How to change permissions for already existing Public Folders, without having to change them one-by-one for each folder (there are almost 100 of them...) Thanks! CDK ...

Restricting first tier public folder creation
Hi, I am trying to restrict first tier public folder creation to Domain Admins. I have "denied" this right to the "Everyone" group, in Exchange System Manager, and now not even "Domain Admins" can create a 1st tier public folder. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Tom Because Admins belong to the Everyone Group, what version of Exchange are you running? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4...

New e-mail in blue font versus black font?
What is the difference between new e-mail when it shows in blue font vs. black font? mac Blue font. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mac asked: | What is the difference between new e-mail when it shows in blue font | vs. black font? | | mac ...

Public Folders
We recently upgraded to Entourage 11.2.4. In addition to each user having their own Exchange account setup for email, our company also has a Public Folder account called "Submit" which is setup to receive customer messages containing attachments. A handful of employees have access to this Public Folder. Since installing the Entourage upgrade we have noticed that we now receive the "Get Entire Message" error on any emails containing attachments that come into the "Submit" account. We have verified the Options for the user's account are set to Receive Complete ...

Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter Update: KB832333 #2
Unable to install Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter Update: KB832333. The is using Office 2003 Home and Teacher Edition running on Windows XP. Thanks for any help! Have you tried downloading the file and then running it from your hard drive? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, C asked: | Unable to install Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter Update: | KB832333. The is using Office 200...

Find an e-mail address
I have a client who asked me if it is possible to find whether an e-mail has been sent to a specific address within the last 10 days. Platform is Small Business Server 2003 Premium, SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2. Any ideas? Message tracking in system manager - just specify the date. "KCDS49" <kcds49_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uYva5ep9GHA.4288@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a client who asked me if it is possible to find whether an e-mail >has been sent to a specific address within the last 10 days. Platform is >Small Business Server 2003 Premium, SP...

How to choose which account to send mail
Hi there, Outlook 2003 I have 2 complete different accounts on my Outlook; one for work and the other private. How do I choose which account to use when sending mail. Sometimes I send e- mails from my private account and other times from my work account. Your advice will be much appreciated. -- Regards, Deon H On Feb 7, 11:07 am, Deon <REMOVEd...@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote: HI, Before sending the mail u can check in program "Application..Session.CurrentUser.Address" which will return the mail- id of the current configured account.(which is activated). May be this is yo...