Can't login to mailboxes

We had a server crash last nite and had to rebuild the Exchange server.
Everything restored ok and seemed to work fine (at least at 3:30 this
morning).   Well, this morning as users started showing up, several of our
PC users can't access their email.  We are running Outlook 2000 and Exchange
2000 on a Windows 2k Server.

Odd thing is that all of our Citrix clients can access their mailboxes just
fine.  The pc users are prompted for a username/password/domain inside of
Outlook.  When they put in the correct info (the same info they just used to
authenticate to the domain with), it doesn't work.  Acts as if the
information entered is wrong.

I know little about Exchange restores.  Is there something I missed?  I
really don't understand why there would be a difference between Citrix and
the PC users.

Thanks for any help.

0
jfranks (1)

Limit everyone mailbox usage
In exchange 5.5 is there a way to limit the users of the everyone mailbox? Thanks, John "John" <johnmo@ci.kennewick.wa.us> wrote: >In exchange 5.5 is there a way to limit the users of the >everyone mailbox? There's no "Everyone" mailbox unless you created one. If you don;t want someone to use the mailbox then make sure they aren't assigned the role of "User" on that mailbox. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Move mailbox increases the size of mailboxes
Hi, Doing a migration of Exchange 2000 to 2003, where mailboxes on an Exchange 2000 server is being moved to a newly installed Exchange 2003 SP2 server. After moving about dozen of users, we seem to notice a 20% increase of the size of the mailbox on Exchange 2003 from what it was on Exchange 2000... Is there any explaination for this ???, maybe single message storage or ??? Thanks !!! Single instance storage will be broken during the move. Nue "thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C8816D-9CF9-4E2F-96B4-CD172226F3D8@microsoft.com.....

Exchnage 2010 mailbox database name
Hello all I recently setup a 2010 Mailbox server role, why is the default name of a 2010 mailbox database contain numbers? example "mailbox database 1996178628" Change it to whatever you want. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "sawyer" <occompguy@cox.net> wrote in message news:edh1brO1KHA.364@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello all > > I recently setup a 2010 Mailbox server role, why is the default name of a > 2010 mailbox database contain numbers? example "mailb...

Rescuing a half-moved mailbox [ExSer 2003]
The situation: In the process of moving several mailboxes from one store to another, the Mailbox Move process died (stopped responding, eventually got to a "End Now" window). Most of the mailboxes either moved properly, or didn't move at all, and could be moved later with no trouble. One mailbox, however, did not move completely. After the Move crashed, this mailbox showed in the original store as being full size (with all messages), and in the destination store as being partial with only a fraction of messages. After much googling, I removed the mailbox from the destination ...

Out of hard disk space on the partition where the mailbox is store
It appears that we have run out of hard disk space on the partition that the mailbox database resides on. The O/S is Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Exchange 2003 installed on it. A few days ago Exchange SP2 was installed so we could implement IMF V2 but before we've had a chance to look at it the hard disk has filled up! In the MDBDATA folder there are the two following files: priv1.edb - 47GB priv1.stm - 19GB pub1.stm - 441MB pub1.stm - 65MB There are then loads of .log files i.e. E0019999.log. In total all these files come to 135GB! I wanted to perform an off-line ...

Replicate Mailbox Data to Public Folder
Team, Thanks in advance for any advice you can give. My enviroment is an active\active\passive Exchange 2003 SP1 (soon to be SP2) enviroment. Is there a way to replicate a users mailbox to a public folder? We have an employee who quit but was kept on as a contractor who works part time; they want her mailbox open but they want to actively replicate the data to a public folder for the rest of her team to access. I know I can just give them rights to the mailbox and they can open with their mail client, but that is not how they want it. If you need any more info, please let me know. Thanks ...

Help help ,help! OWA problem. 440 Login Timeout https://emilserver/exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp?url=https://emailserver/exchange&reason=0
I installed Exchange2003 in windows 2003 server. it runs well . but few days ago, when I using https://emailserver/exchange to access OWA it automatic change address to https://emilserver/exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp?url=https://emailserver/exchange&reason=0 and display below: 440 login Timeout. exchange2003 other part is good. user can use POP3 and SMTP. so I don't wan't reinstall all exchange2003 . I need find a tools or some thing can reinstall or reset OWA in IIS . who can help me? Thanks A lot. Best Regards Jeff Does this help? http://msmvps.com/cgross/archive/2004/0...

Auto Accept Agent
I'm trying to Unregister a non-existing mailbox from the AutoAcceptAgent Event. The mailbox was removed from the system, but still shows up in the list of registered mailboxes. Any ideas where this information is stored? The Unregistration procedure queries AD for the primary email address to find the matching object (through the mail attribute) but can't find it :) ...

Exchange 5.5 w/Active Dir. mailboxs can't be deleted
Running Exchange 5.5 with AD on a Win2K network. Discovered that users were being deleted, but they were not deleting the Exchange accounts/mailboxes, so the tie to the user is broken. If you go to Exch Admin, you can see these out there under Mailbox Resources, but you don't have an option to delete. Have a large info. store and I need to know if these can be deleted in anyway .... hopefully without having to take the system off-line. Any help is greatly appreciated If they have a red X by them, right click and purge them. "Len - Oklahoma" <Len - Oklahoma@discussio...

OWA login problem #6
I have a user who tries to login in to her email from home. She get's prompted with the user id and password but she also received a domain field as well. Everyone else only receives user id and password. She cannot get authenicated using her network credentials. However when I use her credentials from my home I can get to her email no problem (does not request a domain). What could be the problem here? There are a few things here: 1) What OS is she using at home. Pre XP versions always ask for a DOMAIN, 2) Try using the users FQDN to login in. For example bob@bob.com then the ...

Microsoft RMS 2.0 SP2 Upgrade prevents login
After install SP2 to Microsoft RMS, and updating the Database. We are unable to login, and we were just setting up. Our database is loaded with many items, so it would be very time comsuming to start over. We were still using the default user name and password (1 and password). After the upgrade, the cashier is no longer recognized. What can we do to login again? ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -...

Backup individual mailboxes in Exchange 2003?
I'm running a Windows 2003 Server as a DC with Exchange 2003. I want to backup each mailbox separately for easier recovery. Is this possible? And if so, how? TIA! You could use a brick-level backup within your normal backup application (like Veritas Backup Exec) but to be honest they are really slow and painful. You could schedule an Exmerge batch run, but to be honest, if you really want to be able to easily recover a mailbox, try something like Aelita Recovery Manager: http://www.aelita.com/products/recoverymanagerexchange -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links ...

Shaing a Mailbox between several users
Hi everybody, I have a small problem. I need to share a mailbox between several users which are dedicated to supervision tasks. I can create a generic account let's put "supers" and then add the account to everyone's Outlook, but this un avoidably asks for the password of the mailbox. What I want is to know if I can use a security group to give access to the mailbox to all the users in a way that no password is requested. I think a good set of permission would do that, but I don't know were to start. Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 Thanks in advance. Rev...

Tracking user login
I would like to determine how often (if ever) users have logged into CRM. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help, Lisa PS... I saw a reference to the archives of this newsgroup posted on Google. Where exactly? to see the archive go to groups.google.com and search on microsoft.public.crm to see how often people log into crm. The Web Service on the Microsoft CRM Web Server opens a new text log file for each day someone connects. you can find these logs on the CRM Web server at C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\LOGFILES\W3SVC1\ for example today there would be a file called ex040816.txt Everytime your u...

RMS Employee Login Badge
I would like to create "Employee Login Badges" so employees don't have to manually login to RMS POS, but can just login by swiping their badge. I would like to use the intergrated USB keyboard CC swiper. So I have a couple of questions: 1. Does anybody else have it setup this way, or a different (scanner) way? 2. Do you order or create/write your own magstripe cards/badges? 3. If you use a magstripe writter/encoder which one do you recommend and/or use and appr. price for both encoder and cards. 4. Any other suggestions or recommendations to handle this? Thank you, Alex ...

mailbox corrupt?
I have the following setup: Server: NT 4.0 Exchange small business backoffice Client: Win 98 Outlook 2000 for small business Something is wrong with outlook every time I select my calendar, outlook closes instantly and give me this error: OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 017f:3a46a110. I have tried every suggestion the outlook folk have given me to correct this problem, all to no avail. Now they are suggesting I delete my mailbox in exchange. Although I am IT, I am really an architect doing this because no one else here has the propensity (rookie) How exactl...

Log access to others mailboxes
In 5.5. we had a nice audit of who accesses other peoples mailboxes. (i.e. PAs accessing managers; IT accessing anyones etc). Searched and found loads of similar questions, and no real answers. I want this right to stay with IT - but I want it audited. The only way in 2003 that I have found is to set diagnostic logging to MAXIMUM on MSExchIS\mailbox\logons. However this fills up application log with loads of legitimate messages. Anything less than MAX doesn't show up anyone accessing anyone elses box. Is there another method, or do we need to have 1000's of normal messages as an ...

Exchange Mailbox Size #2
A request of 1GB mailbox size limit for each user was requested of me for over 10,000 users. We are using the enterprize version 2003; This seems like a foolish request since I've seen how a 250MB inbox re-acts using Outlook, DOG Slow... My question is, is this supported and what issues do you see given a request like this? -Charles "sacredheartu@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A request of 1GB mailbox size limit for each user was >requested of me for over 10,000 users. We are using the >enterprize version 2003; This seems lik...

Auditing of a single Mailbox in Exchange 2000
Hi all, I have been asked to audit a specific mailbox on our exchange 2000 server, how do i go about doing this? Please help. What the word "audit" means for you? Lisa wrote: > Hi all, > I have been asked to audit a specific mailbox on our exchange 2000 server, how do i go about doing this? Please help. -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com They want me to track the amout of ingoing & outgoing mail, who the mail if from and going to, what time etc. "Lisa" wrote: > Hi all, > I have been asked to audit a ...

create mailbox from ADUC on Win XP
I use the adminpak on my client pc to create user accounts in our server 2003 domain. However, i then still have to go to our exchange 2003 box and create a mailbox for the account. Is there a way with a plugin or something that i can create the user and mailbox at the same time from my client xp machine? thanks in advance. You need to install the Exchange System Manager in order to see the Exchange tabs. Will http://www.exchange-forums.com "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:996369A6-8E8B-4EAB-88F9-E1D34853A886@microsoft.com... >I use the...

Error adding mailbox store to General Mailbox Store Policy
Hi, I get the following error when I try to add mailbox store from a newly installed Wxchange 2003 server to General Mailbox Store Policy: A constraint violation occured. Facility: LDAP Provider. ID no: 8007202f. Exchange System Manager. From what I have been able to find searching the web it might possible be an permissions issue. However, I have compared the new server with the 2 existing ones and can't find any difference in settings or permissions. No event is logged in the event log. Does anyone have any suggestions to what might cause this error? I had no problems adding the public...

Send on behalf issue after mailbox move
Hi all, I have strange problem: we moved couple of users from one domian to another. Now all the users are in the same domian but they are in diffrerent exchange servers,SG. We setup "send on behalf" between two users (these are moved uesrs) But the send on behalf is not working. it throws error saying user do not have permissions to send on behalf. I have checked "PublicDelegation: " and "PublicDelegationBL:" attribute for both the users it's fine and still the issue is persists. We tried delegation from both outlook and ADUC, no luck please help, ...

Badmail redirected to mailbox
Hi, can i redirect all mail that is going into badmail folder to a mailbox, exchange 5.5. style? i need this because of bad addressed mail Thanks Joaquim Lopes wrote: > Hi, > > can i redirect all mail that is going into badmail folder to a mailbox, > exchange 5.5. style? > > i need this because of bad addressed mail > > Thanks If you mean what I think you mean, try adding postmaster@somewhere.com as a second email address for the admin who needs to get these emails. You'll then get all the emails to @somewere.com that can't be delivered as well as...

automate creation of mailboxes for exisitng accounts
I've been looking for a script that will create mailboxes for exisitng accounts in active directory. has anyone seen or used a script that will do this? thanks in advance.. HOWTO: Create a Mail-Enabled User with CDOEXM in Visual C++ ID: 293339 The GUI will allow you to mailbox-enable several at a time as well. This assumes Exchange 2000 or 2003. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to...

Full Mailbox access rights problem
I gave myself(As a memeber of a group, full mailbox access rights to a general account i setup. I also added my account as a send on behalf recipeient. When i type a new email, and put the general account in the from section, and try to send to myself, I get the following error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: 4th try Sent: 8/15/2005 3:13 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Washington, Booker T on 8/15/2005 3:13 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact yo...