Can't Edit Contacts

Repost WAS: Record Level Permission Problem

On a SBS2k3, Contact databases in Public Folders have permission problems.

Privilege users can edit some records, but not all. I’ve tried to copy the
contact to personal folder Contacts database and then copied them back. I
noticed that the number items copied from public to personal folder was less.
In other words not all contacts were copied.

I had this same issue in Exchange 2K and moving the contacts around I was
able to correct it

Suggestions? TIA KAR

Outlook 2007 contacts
I have something strange happening in my contacts. I travel often between different countries, and therfore also have contacts in these different countries. So when I add a contact, I enter their telephone numbers using the international dialing code. But when I do this Outlook automatically insert a space after the first to numbers, ex: I enter +44xxxx, Outlook changes this to +44(space)xxxx. I synchronise Outlook with my cellphone, so when somebody calls me, only the number shows on screen, and not that persons name because of this. How can I fix this? It is not an Offic...

Outlook update looses old contacts?
I recently was given the oportunity to update outlook express by microsoft. I took advantage of this and the new version does not have any of my old existing contacts in the new address book. Can anyone help me to locate my old address book? Thanks. "Oultook Express"? This is an "Outlook" discussion board - they are different products. William "Jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a0a01c3dad5$28ae32e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I recently was given the oportunity to update outlook > express by microsoft. I took advanta...

Contact Public Folder
Can anyone advise if there are any implications to other users or exchange server if a public folder (on the Exchange Server 2003) was set up to hold 14,000 contact items. Only 10 staff will access these items and those items would take up approx 12Mb in size? Any advice would be welcome. On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 08:37:03 -0700, Fi <Fi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone advise if there are any implications to other users or exchange >server if a public folder (on the Exchange Server 2003) was set up to hold >14,000 contact items. Only 10 staff will access these ite...

permissions for email / folder editing
we are running, on a server based version of outlook: Office Outlook - professional edition 2003 SP2 and currently have mess with permissions, in particular for emails and the folders containing them: the problem is that some files (emails) / and some email folders cannot be deleted, while others can; - there does not seem to be relationship between who can and who cannot delete a specific item (i.e. i may be able to delette an item, but some one else may nt be able to delete that same item), nor a correlation of the permission to who created the files / folders. we want everyone in the...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...

Importing excel contacts into Outlook
Getting ODBC Excel Driver Login Failed message saying 'Could not find installable ISAM' when I try to import an excel worksheet with contact details. I have run Microsoft Office Diagnostics and that hasn't helped. In windows/system32 have file msexcl40.dll and C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\ACEEXCL.DLL exists. ...

Contacts can't be found
Using WinXP and OL 2003. After working fine for months, when I use the "Find a contact" in the toolbar, it only works if the contact has an email address. If not, I get a "Outlook cannot find the requested Contact" message. Any idea why and how do I fix. I tried a detect and repair with no effect. TIA, -Dean- Local information store or Exchange Server? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2118501c45a11$b0cceb60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Using WinXP and OL 2003. > > After working ...

"locked for editing"
Excel XP I was working on a spreadsheet for a friend, and kept getting the "locked for editing" error. The friend is on a standalone PC, and I was saving my copy to the local hard drive. We are both getting this error, even when we create new files from the old one. Neither one of us is working on a network drive, and my friend isn't even on a network. Any ideas how to fix this other than constant rebooting? TIA, Doreen "Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> wrote in news:O17rdezpFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl: > Excel XP > > I was working on a ...

Importing from Outlook to CRM using a custom Contact form in Outlook
The subject says it all. I'm trying to import contacts from Outlook into CRM using Scribe. We have a custom contact form for Outlook contacts, and Scribe isn't picking up the custom fields. Any ideas? I would post a question on the Scribe support forum <joshm@susqtech.com> wrote in message news:1120136692.551538.88360@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > The subject says it all. I'm trying to import contacts from Outlook > into CRM using Scribe. We have a custom contact form for Outlook > contacts, and Scribe isn't picking up the custom fields. Any ideas? > ...

CRM 3.0 Small business edition with SBS2003 (No premium)
Hi, is it necessary to have the SBS2003 Premium edition with microsoft SQL in order to install and use Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Small business edition? Microsotf CRM v.3 seems to be a great tool and we will very much like to use it for our 15 men team! tks Yes SQL Server is required "Lankor" <Lankor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC460F14-1D63-446C-A603-2E932165D3D8@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > is it necessary to have the SBS2003 Premium edition with microsoft SQL in > order to install and use Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Small business &...

Contacts going to Outlook contacts folder on Sync?
We have a setup with only one BU... I seem to be getting random contacts in my Outlook Contacts folder after I go offline. Why is this? Jake, When you go offline, CRM will "sync" the Outlook contacts with the contacts that you have access to in CRM. So the "random" contacts could be others that the user has visibility to in the system. Matt "Jake Horn" <jhorn@order4chaos.com> wrote in message news:uxhc7EEwDHA.1576@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... We have a setup with only one BU... I seem to be getting random contacts in my Outlook Contacts folder after I go...

Using the same address & Contacts folders for Outlook and Outlook Express
I am having problems getting outlook express to recognize all of my contacts and address book in Microsoft Outlook. Do you have any insite on how I can fix it. I'm running windows XP, Outlook Express 6 and MS Outlook 2002 (Outlook10) Regards, Murray There is no such feature natively with Outlook 2002 and above. You can force the WAB to use your Contacts Folder with a reg hack: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshare.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Murray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bc801c3e0c0$f5c0c5e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... ...

Contacts Button
In Office 2003 Outlook when creating or editing a contact, there was a button in the lower left called Contacts to link one or more contacts to each other. When I converted to Office 2007, the button went away, there is a field called Contacts in the frequently-used fields under Show => Show All Fields. It shows my previous contact to contact links but will not let me up date the field. In another conversation, someone said to have the contact field in 2007, you have to create the field (which is already ready created but not update-able). How do I create the same funct...

Authentication pop up when editing Documents with Windows 7 x64
Hi, running on Windows 7 everytime I open or save a document a Windows Logon dialog pops up. I simply click cancel and everything works, but why that? Thanks Adrian -- Adrian Miller ...

how to get contacts from Word to outlook
In Word, when I am on an address a smart button appears and when I click on it there is a dropdown menu which has "add contact" whenever I click on it I get an error message that says "Word cannot open Outlook or has encountered difficulties". I already had Outlook open on my computer so I don't know where the problem lies. mythompsonhandful <mythompsonhandful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Word, when I am on an address a smart button appears and when I > click on it there is a dropdown menu which has "add contact" whenever > I cli...

How to get frame color of a edit box, list box, etc. on XP?
Is there an API that I could use to find the value of the 'blue-ish' color used by XP to draw a rectangle around edit box, list box, etc.? I'm looking for something like GetSysColor() (which I don't think will be of any help in this case, will it?). Thanks, Bob It is probably one of the ::GetSysColor options. joe On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:35:09 -0500, "bob" <bob@nospam.com> wrote: >Is there an API that I could use to find the value of the 'blue-ish' color >used by XP to draw a rectangle around edit box, list box, etc.? I'm looking...

Freezing when accessing the Contacts List
I'm running Outlook 2000 client on W2K pro with Exchange 2000 (W2K Advanced Server). When creating a new message outlook freezes when trying to access the contacts list. I am able to access the GAL but then when scrolling down to choose a contact from the contacts list it freezes and I have to restart outlook. Did you recently udate outlook? If so, i have the same problem, o sent a post about it (see below) but so far noone has respnded, if you get any help on this plese let me know Patrick shadowwing@hotpop.com The post: Recently I updated my Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR-1 with th...

WLM Contacts changed
I have Windows 7 Home Premium, x64, Windows Live Messenger and Windows Live Mail. WLM contacts were updated and current as of today morning. I use the same Live ID for all services. During the day, I installed a beta version of Windows Essentials which, apparently, merged Messenger with Mail. Now, most of my Mail contacts are screwed up, the addresses and other info is outdated... How to find and restore the correct and most recent version of my contacts? Ilya Zeldes, Fort Myers, Florida Ilea, In Wave 3(version 14), the last RTW version prior to this Wave 4 = beta(ver...

Possible to have two distinct sets of Contact in the one program?
Hi I am trying to extract my backup og mobile phone contacts from my T-Mobile online backup. My temporary mobile phone is not supported and will not download them. However, I have managed to download them in *.csv format and inserted them into an Excel spreadsheet. I am well aware that I can now import them into Outlook BUT I do not want them merged with my existing list of Contacts. As a holding measure, is it possible for them to be imported into Outlook, but kept completely separate? In the next few months I will be purchasing a Smartphone and will then want to move th...

Why is it continuously contacting server
I have had to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007. Ever since then, outlook is almost continuously contacting the server. It does this so often that i barely have time to delete messages or even read them. I ran diagnostics and nothing was found. It is running my limited download up to near 90% and I am getting notices from my ISP on this. How can I fix this? "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9703D30-571F-44FE-91D8-ED2CB6A2CC5D@microsoft.com... >I have had to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007. Why? Uninstalling and re-install...

how to permanently set fields in contacts?
is there a way to permanently set the fields in contacts? For example, the phone fields, I'd like to have them in the following order everytime I enter a new contact. Business Phone Business Fax Mobile Other "dpedre" <dpedre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FA7549C-DE01-48C1-8854-223CE641E54A@microsoft.com... > is there a way to permanently set the fields in contacts? For example, the > phone fields, I'd like to have them in the following order everytime I enter > a new contact. > Business Phone > Business Fax > M...

Outlook Contacts & Act 2000
Any ideas on inporting a file from ACT 2000 into Office Outlook Contacts 2003? Need to get my customer list from the boss but want to use Contacts not ACT Hi Duke, please use the import function to import ACT Contacts. FILE | IMPORT | From other programs or file | the first one is ACT -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Duke" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:42c301c47320$7c3e9380$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Any ideas on inporting a fi...

Installed Beta messes up contact categories
I installed the latest WLM Beta. Then, when I insert a contact Category into the To field it appears there but clicking on the + sign it reveals no contacts and the email fails to send because there are no To addresses. I fixed the problem by deleting my contact Categories and rebuilding them ...

"Type a Contact to Find" field never finds any contact
There's a search field in outlook 2003 just for contacts. It says "Type a Contact to Find". But it never ever finds anything and keeps saying "outlook could not find the requested contact" How do i get this to work? I want to find contacts in the same pstther file that is open in outlook. I know it is not pointing to the correct pst file but instead to something called "address book". Could you please tell me how to set this straight? You must configure the Outlook Address Book correctly. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&...

Outlook express - contact list gone
Can't tell when this happened. No new software other than some Microsoft updates. No new software whatsoever. No viruses. The contact list says: "There are no Contacts to display." Yet, if I click on ADDRESS BOOK or do START -> RUN -> wab /a The address book is still intact. If I type an email address in a new email, the autocomplete finds said address book entry. If I click on "Contact" in the contact pane (lower left), and add a new contact, it gets added to address book but the contact list still shows empty. Any suggestions? JL Suggest postin...