Can't access propertys of public folders

We recently upgraded from NT4 server and exchange 5.5 to
2003 server and exchange 2003.  When we were all finished
I could access properties of public folders through
exchange system manager.  About a week after the upgrade
was all finished I went to implement OWA which was one of
the reasons we were doing the upgrade.  I found very
quickly that I could not access the IIS manager.  I did
some digging and found that I needed to reinstall IIS on
my exchange server but unfortunately to do that I also
had to reinstall exchange.
I followed the instructions from this KB article
us;320202 to do the reinstalls.  After doing that I could
access IIS but OWA still did not work.  I spent some time
trying to get it to go but it never worked.  About a week
later I noticed that I can't access the properties of any
of my public folders through system manager, when I try I
get this error "An internal server error has occurred on
the server.  The requested operation failed.
ID no: c1030af2" I was doing some digging around and
someone said that sharepoint services being installed can
cause the problem.  It was installed and then removed on
our primary DC before the upgrade.  But we still have a
sharepoint web site under the IIS manager on both of our
server.  One more thing, exchange is installed on both of
our servers but only one is actually being used.  I was
actually going to remove it from the other one but then I
realized it had been the first server and so had been
done properly as per this article.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;152959 and I needed access to public folders to do
this.  Please help I am at the end of my troubleshooting
rope here.  Sorry for the length.

0
wallyk (1)

Compact Archive Folder in Outlook 2000
How do I compact the Archive folder in Outlook 2000? I deleted a lot of messages in it but the size has not changed. Using Advanced Personal Folders properties does not seem to compact the archive. Roger Why don't you start using a new archive file? What is the current size of the archive file? Try to keep your .pst files under 2 GB. Roger wrote: > How do I compact the Archive folder in Outlook 2000? I deleted a lot of > messages in it but the size has not changed. Using Advanced Personal > Folders properties does not seem to compact the archive. > > Roger The...

Outlook 2003 copying messages to folders question
I am using Outlook 2003 and have a question about filing either “incoming” or “sent” mail in any of the folders that I have created. The filing choices in mail are either to “move” or “copy”. If I choose to “copy”, Outlook will create a copy of the email and place it in the folder I have selected. If, for some reason, I forget that I’ve already filed the email in that same folder and do it again, Outlook doesn’t inform me that a copy of that email already exists in the file. As such, it is very possible to have multiple copies of the same email filed in a folder. I would lik...

Multiple instances of a property sheet
I have two windows as part of my application, say W1 and W2. They are both derived from CFrameWnd. I have a class derived from CPropertySheet that is instantiated/displayed by both windows. When I create an instance of my property sheet (let's call it P1) from W1 (the property sheet is modal to W1) and then create another instance of my property sheet (P2) from W2 (modal to W2), I cannot close P1 by clicking OK or Cancel. Clicking OK or Cancel is completely ineffective; the dialog remains open. Then, if I close P2 by clicking OK or Cancel, both property sheets are closed. I augment CProp...

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) dim dbe dim db dim ssql set dbe = createobj("dao.dbengine.36") set db = dbe.openda...

Prevent User to grant mailbox access permission
Hi, there, By default, in Outlook user can grant other user access permission to his/her mailbox folder. But, our company doesn't want this. Is there anyway to prevent user to grant access permission to his/her own mailbox and sub- folders? Any input is much appreciated. David ...

Can't delete a particular public folder
I have a public folder (now named "Bad Folder") on my Exchange 2003 server that I can't delete. When I try to delete it, while I am logged in as "admin" on the Windows 2003 Server that the Exchange 2003 Server runs on, I get prompted for my username and password. No matter what I enter I just get re-prompted several times, followed by "The operation failed. ID 80004005. Exchange System Manager". I have check, re-checked, and changed the permissions (both "Client Permissions" and "Administrative Rights") from "anyone can do anyth...

MS Access to MS excel
When I'm Access�. After a report has been generated (in Word format) I usually merge i with MS Excel and then email it off to our clients. However the forma of some of the fields change when this merge takes place. The date column will be in a date format in Access but when merged wit Excel the date format changes to a text format (what this means is tha the properties of the date column changes when the merge takes place) This change affects how our clients ingest the data I send them Yo can see this by going into one of the date cells in Excel and checkin the properties. I am u...

Missing Folders.
I get the following error when trying to start Outlook, I checked and verified the specified file contains no data. What are my options here? Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The file C:\Documents and Settings\Shawn Speelman\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. -- I ran the inbox repair tool on the missing file and got the following message: "This file cannot be reocvered because it is not large enough to contain any useful data." Shawn Speelman <...

Cannot Delete A Public Folder
Folks, For some reason I have run into a weird problem on a folder within our Public Folders. This folder is no longer in use and must be deleted, however, when I right click it in Outlook the option to delete is greyed out. The properties page is also screwed up because I cannot add users or permissions to it. I believe the root of my problem is because the one and only defined user for this particular left the company and his AD account was deleted. All I see as a permitted user/author is the SID string of numbers. Is there a way to delete this folder manually? I've look...

Unable to display the folder error.
I get the following message when using Outlook. If I close Outlook then reopen it, it will work until I switch icons (calendar to contacts). "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. An error occurred that prevented the file M:\Outlook\cij.pst from being saved. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." Can anyone help me with this problem? ...

Public Folder Migration #4
Adding a BE Exchange server to our topology. Have migrated all mailboxes to new BE server, and am trying to migrate public folders from what will be the FE server to the BE server. Using the PFMIGRATE script, here are the results: PFMIGRATE.WSF /S:SOURCESERVER /T:TARGETSERVER /A /N:ALL /SC Microsoft Exchange Public Folder Migration Tool Wed Jun 28 08:06:29 MDT 2006 Source Server: NAMESOURCE Version 6.5 (Build 7638.2: Service Pack 2) Target Server: NAMETARGET Version 6.5 (Build 7638.2: Service Pack 2) WMI Server: NAMETARGET Add Replica Mode in progress. Analysis of 1 folders with repl...

ESM
Hi, I created some Public folders in OL 2003 before Xmas no problems as I am the administrator for the local domains server & Exchange admin. Today I tried to create additonal folders form my LAN XP machine but continually receive the error of: Unable to create the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. When I look at the folder properties in OL I see the folder contact is NT USER:S-1-5-21-606747145-1682526488-682003330-1109 but I have no idea who that is...or was more likely! If I then g...

How to add another user's Contacts folder to my Address Book?
Background: Exchange 2003 Server w/ Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I can add any Contacts folders in my mailbox to my Address Book by going into the Properties of the folder and checking "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" on the "Outlook Address Book" tab. However, if I have another user's mailbox (to which I have full permission) in my Folder List, I do not have this option in any of their Contacts folders. How do I add another user's Contacts folder, displayed in my Folder List, to my Address Book? TIA, roshan After a bit of research on SlipStick.com...

Custom document properties
I am using Excel 2003. I read in help that I can link content to custom document properties, but on the custom page of the document properties dialog window the checkbox "Link to content" is grayed out! The file is created, saved and opened. How do I gain access to the "Link to content" feature of the custom document properites? You need to create a name next to the formula bar to link to. I've been searching for this for a while and finally figured it out., Read this doc for more info. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052036901033.aspx "...

List<string> as class property ?

where databases are to be stored in Access
i don't know where databases are to be stored in access, im excited about the search on access in order to be a professional user like others. cheers Microsoft Access uses a single file, with the ".mdb" extension, to store everything. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "darkus" <darkus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0933B08B-2051-4C0F-B0E7-D644C7E7B606@microsoft.com... > i don't know where ...

Store Operation 2.0 In Item Property showing On Order 6 or so.Need
I my Store Operation 2.0 database in am showing some #s in on order. I alreddy all PO closed and I don't have any any back order and its still showing On Order Quantity (Different #s for different items) How do I make this On Order Quantity Zero "0" I am looking for SQL query Update Items Set OnOrder = 0 some thing like that but I dont know the Database field name for Onorder Please help me. ...

Public Store Age Limits
I installed SBS 2003 Standard Edition. I moved public folders from an old Exchange 5.5 server to a .pst file and then from that .pst file into the public store of this 2003 Exchange server. Exchange set the Age limits of all these folders to 7 days. So all the e-mails from over 7 days ago are gone from all the folders with the Public store. In system manager, servers, server name, first storage group, public folder store, public folder instances, it shows as a title bar removed older than and the date of 2/10/2004. I changed the age limits for all folders to use public store default and made t...

"Optional" output of a Public Type record
Hi, I have subs and functions that take in and update public type records. No problem when: Sub Name(InRec As uTypaA, more args..... Is there a way to optionally write a public type ? VBA won't allow: Sub Name(Arg1, Arg2, optional uRec As uType = ??? I guess since there's no constant value to assign to the fields. I get the late bound error msg when I tried this: Sub Name(prior args....., optional uRec as variant = "") Dim uWantRec As KnownType uRec = uWantRec I can guess VBA must know the Type to initialize the fields....

Undeleting a folder in Express
Can anyone direct me to a free software download that will allow me to undelete a folder in Outlook Express or am I stuck purchasing the required software? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&a...

Newb question: How did my Form_.... Access Class Objects get crea
I have an access database that originally was created in office 2003 access. I am not in 2007 Access. When I go into the IDE, I can see, under Microsoft Office Access Class Objects, a set of what appears to be modules named: - Form_form abc - Form_form xyz etc Each of these corresponds to an actual form I have created, and includes subroutines like Private Sub RefreshAssetTable() ImportExcel End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() ImportExcelAssets End Sub by default. Now, my question: How did this class "modules" (and I know that is the wrong term) get created? I &...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

Junk E-mail folder
Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and permanently delete items older than 30 days? Thanks. You can use the AutoArchiving to do that. Right click on the folder, choose Properties and go to the AutoArchive tab "Jaycee" <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232IGo%238NGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and > permanently delete items older than 30 days? ...

Sharing folders between User Accounts on same PC
Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive. I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc. I want to share a folder so it is viweable on the desktops of the User Accounts, but I don't want to move the folder onto C: - I want it to stay in it's location. Is this possible? TIA. "Richard" <noggod@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:eadR9R0HLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive. > > I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc. &...

Launch folder windows in separate processe
The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel -> Folder Options More than one windows explorer open. Each of them opened in other folder. One of them opened for search function. However, if investigating with Task Manager all windows explorer windows lead to the same explorer process (task right click -> Go to process). The list "Processes" of task manager presents only one explorer window. So the setting as mentioned above not really functional. What's the reason? kakii wrote: > > The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel ...