Can OWA 2003 Contacts view be changed?

Hello!

Can the Contacts view in OWA 2003 be changed from the address cards view to
the phone list view as it can in Outlook 2003? It is a major pain to scroll
through a dozen pages to see contacts.

If we cannot change the view, is there a way to make it show more than 25
entries per page?

Also, can OWA arrange contacts by category?

Thanks for the help!

Gregg Hill

0
bogus9187 (191)

You can do both.

1.  To change the view, take a look at the drop-down right next to Contacts.
It will currently show (Address Cards).  Click the little down arrow and
choose the other view that you want.

2.  To change the number of items displayed per page (applies to ALL
folders, not just contacts), go to the Options, then under Messaging
Options, change the number of items to display per page.  100 is the
maximum.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> Can the Contacts view in OWA 2003 be changed from the address cards view
> to the phone list view as it can in Outlook 2003? It is a major pain to
> scroll through a dozen pages to see contacts.
>
> If we cannot change the view, is there a way to make it show more than 25
> entries per page?
>
> Also, can OWA arrange contacts by category?
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> Gregg Hill

0
Ben
3/28/2005 2:31:56 PM
Ben,

Thanks for the reply. I can't believe I didn't see that drop-down! Now I
have 100 items per page, and I can change the view, but it does not sort the
way Outlook does. In Outlook, my contacts are grouped by category, but
within each category, the users are listed alphabetically by their first
name. When sorted by category in OWA, they are randomly listed. There is NO
order to it and makes it really hard to find a name. I think I will stick
with sorting by File As, since that is alphabetical.

Is there a way to add columns to the OWA contacts view? I would like to
remove the Company column and put in a Full Name column, just like Outlook
has it set up.

Thanks for your help!

Gregg Hill

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
in message news:Ow$3lL6MFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> You can do both.
>
> 1.  To change the view, take a look at the drop-down right next to
> Contacts. It will currently show (Address Cards).  Click the little down
> arrow and choose the other view that you want.
>
> 2.  To change the number of items displayed per page (applies to ALL
> folders, not just contacts), go to the Options, then under Messaging
> Options, change the number of items to display per page.  100 is the
> maximum.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Hello!
>>
>> Can the Contacts view in OWA 2003 be changed from the address cards view
>> to the phone list view as it can in Outlook 2003? It is a major pain to
>> scroll through a dozen pages to see contacts.
>>
>> If we cannot change the view, is there a way to make it show more than 25
>> entries per page?
>>
>> Also, can OWA arrange contacts by category?
>>
>> Thanks for the help!
>>
>> Gregg Hill

0
bogus9187 (191)

Contact Name no parsed out
I'm attempting an import of my data from GoldMine, where the export function exports the contact name as a single field, not parsed out to First / Middle / Last. It appears that DMM wants the fields separate for mapping into the Contact entity? Before I go ahead and parse the import file I wanted to check. you can add logic into the import, if I can get some time will check into this to see if you can split a string as it comes in. =================== John O'Donnell, Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist My Blog - http://blogs.msdn.com/jodonnell CRM Wiki - http://channel9.m...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

owa cant open ppt attachments

Attaching Contacts to new email

"View Image Slide Show"