Can Not Send Large Attachment? Maybe? Maybe Not?

When sending large files to Yahoo or other external mailboxes I receive the
following error message:

#550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient
##

My understanding is that this message was rejected by the receiving mailbox
- not kicked back from my exchange 2007 server.

I'm being told by someone else that is getting kicked by my own exchange
server?

My understanding is that if it were getting kicked back by my own exchange
server because the attachment was too large I would receive:

550 5.3.4 ROUTING.SizeLimit  message size exceeds fixed maximum size for
route

So what is the correct answer? I have made every possible change in Exchange
2007 and I still get this message.

First, check the size of the message and see if it is over your limit.
Next, if the message is only about a meg or two, have the user resend it to
another email address on another provider.  If it gets rejected with the
same message it could be you.

"D303M" <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When sending large files to Yahoo or other external mailboxes I receive
> the
> following error message:
>
> #550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this
> recipient
> ##
>
> My understanding is that this message was rejected by the receiving
> mailbox
> - not kicked back from my exchange 2007 server.
>
> I'm being told by someone else that is getting kicked by my own exchange
> server?
>
> My understanding is that if it were getting kicked back by my own exchange
> server because the attachment was too large I would receive:
>
> 550 5.3.4 ROUTING.SizeLimit  message size exceeds fixed maximum size for
> route
>
> So what is the correct answer? I have made every possible change in
> Exchange
> 2007 and I still get this message.

0
Jordan
3/2/2010 1:17:59 PM
Hi,

Try sending an email with large attachment directly from your machine.
For example:

1. Try sending an email to your self using the SMTP (Not Exchange's
protocol). Specify the hostname/ip address of your Exchange server in
Outlook Express' SMTP field. If Exchange accepts it the problem is not
on your end.

2. Then, try sending that same email to the actual recipient by putting
the IP address of their SMTP server. You can get this IP address by
doing an MX lookup.

Personally, I don't like sending large attachments via email. There are
several third-party solutions that can be used instead.

Regards,
JE

On 3/1/2010 11:21 PM, D303M wrote:
> When sending large files to Yahoo or other external mailboxes I receive the
> following error message:
>
> #550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient
> ##
>
> My understanding is that this message was rejected by the receiving mailbox
> - not kicked back from my exchange 2007 server.
>
> I'm being told by someone else that is getting kicked by my own exchange
> server?
>
> My understanding is that if it were getting kicked back by my own exchange
> server because the attachment was too large I would receive:
>
> 550 5.3.4 ROUTING.SizeLimit  message size exceeds fixed maximum size for
> route
>
> So what is the correct answer? I have made every possible change in Exchange
> 2007 and I still get this message.

0
John

Can I show a number like 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B?
I would like to reformat 10- and 11-digit the numbers (e.g. like 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B). Can this be done? Custom format: 0.0,,,"B" best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:262241F3-063E-4F97-B864-A629EC670112@microsoft.com... > I would like to reformat 10- and 11-digit the numbers (e.g. like > 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B). Can this be done? Dave, Use a custom format of #.#,,,"B" or 0.0,,,"B" depending on ho...

The Excel menu bar (File, Edit, View, etc) Is nowhere and I can't seem to get it back!! HELP!!
Version: 2008 Processor: Intel I was doing an assignment for one of my classes and I managed to somehow delete the excel menu bar (top of screen the one with File, Edit, View, Format, Tools etc) I can't figure out how to get them back. PLEASE HELP ME!! I suck with computers. It would help if you'd describe exactly how you went about doing so... It's virtually impossible to do unless you manually remove each menu item from the Workbook Menu Bar one at a time. Try this; Control/Right-Click the Standard Toolbar & select Customize Menus & Toolbars from the contextua...

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Attachments in Outlook 98
Hi there, my Organisation are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 and the client is Outlook 98. A mail is sent from an external source into our Organisation to 10 people. The mail has an XLS attached. For some reason 9 of the recipients get the attachment but the last one has no attachment and no reference to it in the mail she receives. I've checked all the Outlook settings I can think of, but am puzzled as to why this happens - checking the imc data from our Exchange I see that the correct RFC headers are present and that the user has the same reference as all the others in the header. Anyone any ide...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

can i download lxce serv.exe

how many receivers i can add

Sending Email #6

attachment previewers not installed?

Can't configure Outlook Express

what printers can run Vista
just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP 5550 deskjet) won't print. I need to find a new printer that i can hook up to the computer. This is an Access newsgroup. We help with questions related to Microsoft Access - the database application that is part of MS Office Professional. -- Rick B "monroe" <monroe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC746826-251A-4097-AF88-2805BCDE7DEC@microsoft.com... > just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP > 5550 > deskjet) won't print. I need to...

Can not open PDFs
I'm using Outlook Express,when I receive e-mail with pdf attachments I can not open or save the PDF files I can see that the file is there but nothing happen. thanks Cesar Open the message in question. Is there a informational bar across the top that states Outlook Express blocked access to the file? If yes, select Tool > Options > Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Cesar Calderon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29c4e01c465ca$a76ec470$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook Express,...