can not mount information store

i am receiving event id 454, Information Store (2704) Database
recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -540. . in exchange admin i get
the error An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the
Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service,
or both

we have plently of disk space available which is stated as the cause by a
number of tech notes.

Can anyone help?

0
nickreed (7)

Hi
Did it happen after restore?
Try to move the exchange log files (cut-paste) and mount the store.
If still can’t mount run eseutil.exe /p

--

Does http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q823168 apply?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"nick reed" <nickreed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am receiving event id 454, Information Store (2704) Database
> recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -540. . in exchange admin i
> get
> the error An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the
> Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store
> service,
> or both
>
> we have plently of disk space available which is stated as the cause by a
> number of tech notes.
>
> Can anyone help?

0
Ben

I can not change my hyperlink colors! They always come up in blue!
Could someone please tell me why I cant change the hyperlink color I have tried everything on the help menue but it still does not work! Please Help Thank You Assuming you use Pub 2003, go to Format > Color Schemes > Custom color scheme where you can choose the hyperlink color and the followed hyperlink color. DavidF "Mitchel" <Mitchel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B012240A-45AD-4FBC-A32C-270BC366F3FA@microsoft.com... > Could someone please tell me why I cant change the hyperlink color I have > tried everything on the help menue but it still ...

employee grant + etrade
Hi All - (I'll try to keep this as short as possible.) I have configured Money 2004 Deluxe to track a 1,000 share stock option grant from my employer (details on how this is setup follow.) This grant is managed through E*Trade, so I have configured an Investment account in Money and successfully configured the corresponding online services. I recently exercised 250 options through E*Trade and I can not, for the life of me, get the downloaded online register to match up with my local register(s). In a nutshell, the "sell" from my stock option only recorded the net gain ...

How can I share information between sheets in Excel?
Here's what I want to do: I have three sheets which share data/names/info. I only want to type it in once. For example: Sheet 1, cell A1 will have the same info as Sheet 2, cell B2, and sheet 3, cell C3. Is there a way to type it in once into Sheet 1, and have it copy automatically into the other sheets? Thanks in advance for helping. Assume you want to enter the data in cell A1 of sheet 1. 1. go to sheet 2 and in cell A1 enter, "=Sheet1!A1" 2. do the same in cell A1 of sheet 3 3. enter your data into cell A1 of sheet 1. It will appear in cell A1 of the other two sheets. ...

saving and locking information in a form
I have a form that will be used by a number of people to input their evaluation of clients. Each person will be responsible for certain clients. I'd like them to be able to input their information, save it and be able to go back to review it, then when finally happy with content lock the information so it can't be altered. Is this possible? thanks for your help Karen On Dec 27, 6:18=A0pm, Kazlou <Kaz...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a form that will be used by a number of people to input their > evaluation of clients. Each person will be re...

Database not mounting in the Recovery Storage Group
Hi We have a Exchange 2003 server on a windows 2003 Server (standard edition) and use Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 . Recently a user wanted her mailbox restored.I created a RSG and added the database . I did a restore from Veritas Backup Exec agent and everything went fine. My problem is when I try to mount the database in the Recovery Storage Group I get an error : "Error c1041724 is "An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both" . I have restarted both ESM and Informatio...

Can receive but cannot send
I read through the entire string. I find lots of discussion, but few responses back from what actually worked, so ... here I go, adding to the choir. Just got a new Dell XPS M140, running McAffee v7 with firewall and spamkiller (not sure how much of this information is relevant, but more info is better, right?). I’m trying to run Outlook 2003, which came installed on the system. I can receive email but I cannot send. This is the message I get: The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. ...

Can You Help Me Please....
I have been given the job of booking vouchers in at work.....they come in pads of 20 and i have to list 200 books manually once a month. The vouchers are all serial numbered and have to be booked in by serial number and as I issue them ,they are booked out (you still with me?) The voucher numbers will be something like 123501 - 123520, then the next pad is 123521 to 123540 etc etc. When I get them in I get an invoice which shows me the start and end numbers, i'd love to try and set something up where i could enter the start and end serial number and excel would create a sheet with all...

Update to earlier GAL issue. From ESM preview you can see contact, but Outlook still cannot see the contact.
I am able to see the contact if I do a preview from the ESM. But no matter how many times I re-download the addressbook outlook is still not finding this contact. It is preventing me from logging into this mailbox from Outlook. Once I rebooted the exchange server the GAL reflected the contacts that were not seen. What services/processes ran during the reboot that would have updated the GAL. I hope I can accomplish the same thing without needing to reboot exchange. On Jan 29, 10:15 am, "pez" <peter.zelo...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am able to see the contact if I do ...

Can't paste tables into Entourage Mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Whenever I want to paste a table into a mail message it takes the formatting away even though it's set to HTML. How do I change that? Or is there a way to use Word for writing email like Outlook? <br><br>Thanks. Hi, Entourage has very limited HTML creation capabilities, and tables, an advanced feature, are simply not supported. But you can send a document that contains tables via a special command in Word. If you have a Word document open, and if Entourage is set a...

Can Excel convert from hex to decimal and vice versa?
Lotus has a nice easy function that looks sort of like hex>dec or something just as simple. Is there anyway I can get Excel to convert a column of numbers into hexadecimal in an adjacent column or convert back from decimal to hex? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Install the Analysis Toolpak addin and then take a look at the DEC2HEX and HEX2DEC functions. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It'...

Previously disabled account can no longer access mailbox
All: I have a perplexing issue. I support a small office running Exchange 2003. They recently let an employee go and while deciding how to handle the individual's account, we disabled (not deleted) their AD account. I remembered in "old" 5.5 days that the admin could always log in to a mail store with the Exchange admin credentials, but as I found out that is no longer the case. The challenge now is that we re-enabled the users account and changed the password (we didn't know the original password0, but for some reason the account no longer has access to the mailbox. The...

What is store.fcl?
What is the purpose of store.fcl? my backup is skipping it and I want to know if it is important. Thanks! -- Jim It is a file used to write call trace logging if it is ever turned on, and can only be parsed with a tool we have here. If it's not being backed up, that's fine. -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Jim Elden" <x@yz> wrote in message news:u4KKwyoQEHA.270...

How can I insert rows BELOW, in Excel
How can I insert a row BELOW the currently selected row? In Excel 2003, after selecting a row, I could go to the Table menu and click insert rows below. Now the only option seems to be on the Home ribbon, cells group, insert button then insert sheet row, which does so ABOVE the selected row only. I am trying to insert a row at the bottom of a table that preserves the formatting of the table so that I can enter new data and have that at the bottom of the table. The only other way is to insert above and then copy the final row into the inserted row and then clear out th...

Cannot mount mailbox store
Hi, I amgetting the following error after installing exchange 2003 sp1 when trying to mount mailbox store: "The Database files in this store are corrupted". Please advise if there is a way to fix the curropted mailbox store. Thanks, Harry. ...

In Excel can you calculate age from two given dates?
We are using Excel as a manual log of visits. We would like to screen out anyone that is not 18 years old and were looking for a means of calculating the age from the current date and the date of birth. Is there a function that can do this? =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days" -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pate" <Pate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3AC0970-ACEF...

how can you rename a workgroup from a cell
I am trying to create a new work group when a cell has a date entered into it For instant in Workbook 1 you type into cell B11 a date I would like to automaticly create a new worksheet and call it that date entered to B11 Then if I type a Date into cell B12 a new workbook would be created and named the date entered into B12 and so on Is this out of the question Try this. Right click on your worksheet and paste this code into the code module. Change the range "B11:B12" to whatever range you have in mind. Or, if you want to use the entire column B, change If Not Intersect(Targ...

Can't Select Mail Accounts in Itunes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Sorry if this topic has been discussed. How do I sync my mail accounts with Entourage and my iPhone? The Mail Accounts do not show up in the iTunes INFO tab sync option and therefore I cannot select them. On 3/3/10 11:42 PM, kimitas@officeformac.com wrote: > Sorry if this topic has been discussed. How do I sync my mail > accounts with Entourage and my iPhone? The Mail Accounts do not show > up in the iTunes INFO tab sync option and therefore I cannot select > them. iTune...

How can I use a non-static dll function in a worker thread
Hello all, I want to call a W32 syle driver function for a USB device (FTDIchip) in my worker thread. The function is ecapsulated in the driver dll. The driver provides functions simular to ReadFile and WaitCommEvent in Win32. So I have implemented in the same way as my woker thread which I use for serial communication. The problem occures on compilation. Error “2352 – illegal call of non-static function” How can I declare the dll function to be static? Is there any way to do this? Tank you for any help or suggestion! Best regards from sunny south Wales! :-) Thomas PS: Here the rel...

Can't select a range after moving a shape object
Caveat: I know this code isn't very elegant, but I'm under a deadline. I've got three stacked objects on a report: two logos, and a white rectangle. I'm running a macro that pushes the white rectangle to the back, then pushes one of the logos to the back, effectively making only one of them visible. The macro is basically a toggle for the user to select which logo they want visible. The macro code goes like this: Sheets("Run Avg Sheet").Select ActiveSheet.Shapes("Rectangle 54").Select Selection.ShapeRange.ZOrder msoSendToBack If Comp = &...

How do I take information in 1 column to make column headings?
I have information in 1 column that I would like to rotate and make column headings. Is there an easy way to do this besides cutting and pasting cells? Copy and Paste Special, check Transpose -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Northside" <Northside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B23DCB9B-8093-4321-9C0F-6422470BD5BC@microsoft.com... >I have information in 1 column that I would like to rotate and make column > headings. Is there an easy way to do this besides cutting and pasting > cells? ...

how can I automatically add new data input to existing excel cel.
In a sporting league table I wish to add weekly match results direct to my excel table to produce new league standings without having to add/subtract differences with a calculator prior to entry of the weekly results. ...

Help! How can I upload data and display it in Excel on client
side. Also, how can I open a book with several sheets on client side? (It is a web application). Thanks. ...

Large Store(s)
Hi, We currently have a single Exchange2003 Enterprise Server solution in place. Our company is very rapidly growing so management of this has become quite hectic. The server initially was configured with two stores (per locale). However, the number of employees has tripled in one of the locations and as a result the store is currently over 100GB, which is not very backup friendly. What I've decided to do to better manage these stores is create three stores for this single location based on last names (a-h, i-p, q-z), I've done the math and this will fairly evenly divide the s...

Using Hyperlinks stored in Database Table
RE: Access 2003. I have a table with a column containing Adobe.PDF document names. Each row in the table will have a different name. For example "OilMDSS.pdf". I want to create a command button on a form that will open that document. Can someone give me a code snippet for the On_click event for the control that will open this document. If it can't be done there, is such a capability available in Access 207? As a fall back, I know how to open an MS.Word application, but I don't know how to pass the document name to Word so it will open the document upon initiati...

Can't email jpg, bmps
Some of my email recipients can't see the attachments (jpg, bmp files) that I send them. When they receive the email there is no attachment. I've tried smaller files and it still does not work. Any ideas? -- RFS iBox Technologies Industrial & Security Computer Cabinets www.iboxcabinets.com It could be the email settings of the companies you are sending to, you may need to zip the files before sending, this happens a lot when sending to companies that use filters for spam which may be set to filter out .jpg and .bmp files. Hope this helps, Lynn >-----Original Message-...