I have 2 exchange servers.  While logged into the domain, and at the
location, I can log into the email system just fine.  While remote VPN
in, I can not access the server.  I can ping the server, I can see all
shares, and I can even access the printer and print from the exchange
server.  But I can not get to it with email.

Any Ideas?

0
kmelillo (3)

Oh..  both exchange 5.5, both in the same site.  Exchange Admin shows
both sites just fine.

0
kmelillo (3)
7/21/2005 9:33:08 PM
is there a firewall with rules configured, in between the users vpn
connection and the internal network?

kmelillo@gmail.com wrote:
> Oh..  both exchange 5.5, both in the same site.  Exchange Admin shows
> both sites just fine.

0
Ericb1 (43)
7/21/2005 10:35:05 PM
No rules, as long as they can enter the firewall, they have access to
the system.  When the mailbox was on Server 1, they could access it
just fine.  When it is on Server 2, they cant.  This issue only happens
while going through VPN though...

0
kmelillo (3)
7/22/2005 12:07:55 PM
I would bet money it's name resolution problem. Go to profile properties in
Outlook and note FQDN of the server. Try pinging it. If ping fails to
resolve it to IP then you know where the problem is.

--
Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how to make good post.

Text from most dialog boxes can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

0
kpalagin (1838)

Outlook 2003 BCM and Exchange 5.5
Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exchange 5.5..? I installed it as an add on...and it doens't work. Any ideas/advice would be helpful. Thanx in advance. No, BCM doesn't work with Exchange. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Jim C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ab0701c3b85a$d85fcbb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exch...

Auto replace, can it easy be done?
I have a series of tables where by I put in each tenant's name (column a) and their lease end date (column b) and add any special comments or irregularities in the leases in column c. Right now we either type in each individual comment or use number codes, or essentially footnotes where we define them somewhere else. Is there any easy way to assign a number to a comment so that if you enter 1 it gives "comment A", 2 "comment B" and so on and so forth. It would be great if you could add multiple comments and not have the formatting go all wonky but I'd be able to...

Exchange 2003 Recovery
Helo NG, at this time we`ve Problems with our Exchange 2003 Server. It has been deleted a single Mailbox without a Bricklevel Backup. Now the last full Backup is from April 15th and the DB Logs are from 05.05 until today. Is it possible to recover the Database with this Logfiles into a different ADS/Exchange Organisation ? any suggestions...... thx So you have a deleted mailbox and you want to get it back, correct? Have you tried to use the Deleted Mailbox recovery: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF022.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msex...

Outlook 2003 & CRM 3.0 connection error after install.
I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the laptop installation version. When opening Outlook, I get the error "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server." I have tried uninstall and then reinstall but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this issue resolved? Thanks! I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time). In my case, I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was fine. To ch...

Can not send out E-mails through Windows
The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Emailing: Sarah 19 months2', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x8The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D00CCC0D Thats because you are not using the correct set...

Can't send external msgs on new Ex2K server in 5.5 site.
Hello, I just installed a Exchange 2000 SP3 server in an existing 5.5 site containing only one server, after following the standard procedure of configuring and running ADC CAs. I've moved one mailbox from the 5.5 server to the 2000 server as a test. I can send messages to it from the 5.5 site, but it cannot send messages outside of the 2000 server. What did I forget please?! Ideally, I wanted to keep the old 5.5 server as a bridgehead server, at least for the time being. One more thing, we share the domain amongst Exchange and another mail system via SMTP routing on Sendmail. T...

SBS 2003: adding Exchange services to Outlook 2003
On 3 out of 8 new computers added to the domain, I am unable to add the Exchange service to Outlook 2003 for the shared public folders and contacts. I receive the following message: "The action could not be completed. The connection to the MS Exch Srvr is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete the action." All other services are availabe to these "problem" users: One of these users was an existing user that received a new workstation; the other 2 users are new as are their workstations. Any thoughts? Thanks. Michael In news:1D0046BA-38...

Move worksheets into separate workbooks
-- De Lot of info Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D95D397-4807-4487-9804-25641B4AC861@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Many, many thanks Ron. That macro worked brillantly and saved me from a very tedious job. Thanks, again -- De "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > Lot of info > > Try this > http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm > > > > -- > Regards Ron de Bruin > http://www.rondebruin.nl > > >...

GET FREE QUOTES from professional moving companies in your area
GET FREE QUOTES from professional moving companies in your area Licensed & Insurance MC 531644 US DOT 1400507 1. Long Distance Moving -Save on your Move 6 or more movers compete for your move. Sit Back and receive calls from Movers who want to compete for your move. http://www.sunshine-mhs.com [domain info] Sponsored Result 2. Compare Movers - Save Money Get free quotes from movers in your area. Save up to 65% off of regular rates! http://www.linksmoving.com [domain info] Sponsored Result 3. Movers Get free estimate from multipl moving companies at the same time, Licensed and Insured. http...

Can I run two projects simultaneously
Hi! All, I need to be able to run two projects simultaneoulsy as part of one big project. Can I do this. If yes, could you please tell me an easy way to do it. Both these projects share some common dtaa between them. thanks best regards, Are you saying you want to run two executables simultaneously? If yes, nothing stops you from doing it. However, when you say these are sharing common data, are they in same process? If not, what does common data mean? If yes, how do you plan to achieve it? Is it a COM object? ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com RM wrote: > Hi! All, > I need ...

help in publisher and can't see the page tab on the bottom
I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do I get the tool bar on the bottom back? Mercy0986 wrote: > I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher > file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do > I get the tool bar on the bottom back? ============================ For Publisher 2003 or earlier: Go to.....View / Status Bar For Publisher 2007...have a look at the following article: Where is the Page Sorter (status bar) in Publish...

how I can insert date picker in excell template?
Maybe one of these will help: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm Regards Rowan ...

Can't send email on OutLook Express
I currently can't send any emails from my OutLook Express, I get an error. Any ideal?? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. Note: Posting the exact error message is the start of troubleshooting. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (inser...

Exch 2003 SP2
Following the typical procedures below I am able to update one node at time of the Exchange 2003 servers to SP2. As per recommendation below, I applied Exch2003 SP2 to one offline Node1. Then when I attempt to "move resources" to node Node2, I noticed that failover doesn't complete - Systems Attendant fails to get started. In my pre-production environment, I was able to instal the Exch2003 SP2 only upon taking the resources "offline" in the Cluster administrator tool. Then I was able to install the Exch2003SP2 on both nodes, upgrade the Virtual Exchange server an...

socket connection...
Hello, What is a socket connection? What is a typical application in which is used? Thanks in advance, RABMissouri2007 RAB wrote: > Hello, > > What is a socket connection? What is a typical application in which > is used? Sockets are the software interface to network communications, usually TCP/IP networks, which includes the internet. For programming information see http://tangentsoft.net/wskfaq/ -- Scott McPhillips [MVP VC++] A socket is a handle to a TCP/IP or UDP network connection. joe On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 15:57:17 -0000, RAB <rabmissouri@yahoo.com>...

Exchange 2003 mount public db
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on SBS Server. On of my customer losed old mail on a public folder and I need to restore emails. I have the database file that contains the emails but i wouldn't stop exchange mount the old db (DBOLD) create e pst of email, dismount the db and mount the official db. It's too dangerous! Then I reinstall the same machine on a server with the same domain, organization, Admnistrative group of Exchange. Dismount the original db and I try to mount the db of the other server (DBOLD). I receive an error like this: The information store could not be loaded bec...

How can I allow users to sort a protected table using dropdowns?
I'm trying to create a table where users can't edit the content of the cells but can edit the ordering of the table- what's the best way to achieve this? Stuart, I've written this code some time back for one of my users and it works perfectly for them. Maybe you would like to adapt to suit your needs.. Sub Sort_pr_range() ActiveSheet.Unprotect 'Unprotect the sheet Range("A1:F100").Sort Key1:=Range("B1"), _ 'where "B1" will be the sort pri Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase...

Storage limitations on user mailboxes
OK This is part of a two part question. Where does one look or check to see if there are any limitations as far as storage on a individual mailbox or the whole private store? Second is there a limitation as far as how many emails can reside in the users "Inobx" where senders will get a NDR indicating the users mailbox is full. Ive checked ESM\Servers\servername\First Storage Group\Mailbox Store\Properties. I had a user who would get NDR's when "forwarding" messages. I noticed her "Sent" mail had over 2,400 emails so I deleted some and got it down to aro...

Copy or Move
Dear All I have lot of work sheets in one excel work book , i want all work sheet in one sheet. is there any possiblities to move all sheet to one sheet without coppy or cut and paste thanks You can use a macro to copy or move the data for you. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Fareez" wrote: > Dear All > I have lot of work sheets in one excel work book , i want all work sheet in > one sheet. is there any possiblities to move all sheet to one sheet without > coppy or cut and paste > thanks > Hi, look into Ron web http://www....

Excel 2007
So here's my issue: Excel 2007 user opens more than one spreadsheet, however, when (in Excel) you attempt to use the Switch Windows toolbar button, it only lists ONE sheet open. Opening subsequent spreadsheets results in an individual instance of Excel for each worksheet (and for each one, if you try and switch windows, you only see the one sheet open in that particular workbook). How can I get it to behave properly, so that I have one instance of Excel open.....and multiple spreadsheets that I can switch to within the single instance of the application. Can't understand wha...

Outlook Connector, how I can setup the sync time?
Hello, the Connect works very well in general, but it works a little bit too much. It sync eache ONE Minute. I have tried: 1) ALT+CTRL+S, create a new group and setup the time to 30 minutes 2) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/889694/ but no luck. Peter Outlook Connector 12.0.6407.1000 Outlook 2007 12.0.6316.5000 SP1 MSO 12.0.6320.5000 Vista ultimate 32 with SP1 and all updates How many accounts? Try a new profile with just one acct and see if it syncs less frequently. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Soluti...

Exchange 2000 Sending out old Emails When ever Exchange Service is restarted
I have a single exchange server that is sending out old emails whenever the Exchange Service is restarted. It is alwasy the same emails and they go to post inside and outside recipients. As long as I don't restart the Exchange Service, everything is fine. This has been going on about a month, but I need to spend some time getting it resolved now. Any pointers? I haven't turned up much in searching for myself. Thanks Jason- If you look in the folders for your SMTP Service, particuarly drop, queue, and pickup, are there old messages in there? By default this folder is in C:\program fi...

How can i move the Winsxs folder
Hi all, We have a windows 2008 server (not a dc) running exchange 2007. All databases and log files are on the d and e drives. We have a 40 GB C parition with a windows folder of 18 GB, 3 Gb in Software Distribution and 9 GB in Winsxs. Is there a safe Microsoft approach for moving these folders to a different partition or reducing the size. I have found a few things on Google but none of them are approved by MS. thanks Stef Hello stef, No, you have leave the folder where it is. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

OWA hangs after moving mailboxes to another Exchange Server
After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the mailbox never loads in the IE page. Clients with mailboxes on other Exchange Servers do not experience this problem. No errors are occurring onscreen or in the event logs. Any ideas? On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:58:32 -0800, JDavis <JDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another >Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the >mailbox never ...

forwarding question for exchange 2k3
I have a new Exchange 2k3 server up and running. I am looking to add email addresses for folks in our sister company and route the messages to them. For example I wish to have johndoe@xyz.com (my domain) route to johndoe@xyz.de (sister domain). Can this be done without creating full mailboxes for those users? Thanks JP You can add Active Directory contact objects into your domain for the sister company. If there are shedloads you can consider using something like SimpleSync www.cps- systems.com to do regular synch ups between the two domains. If the two domains are only liked via the...