Can I Stop Users Attaching Files

Hi all

Users are circumventing our documentation control by attaching drawing image
files to emails.
These files are in a folder to which they have only read-only access.
Is it possible to stop users attaching the contents of certain folders or
certain file types to emails?

TIA

Phil

0
phil9909 (36)

Sorry, forgot the important stuff in my frustration:

Win2003 Server
Exchange 2003
Outlook 2003 clients
Standard MS client server active directory controlled network

Phil

0
phil9909 (36)
6/16/2006 2:17:51 PM
most AV solutions have the ability to block sending/receiving of certain
file types...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"TheScullster" <phil@dropthespam.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> Users are circumventing our documentation control by attaching drawing
image
> files to emails.
> These files are in a folder to which they have only read-only access.
> Is it possible to stop users attaching the contents of certain folders or
> certain file types to emails?
>
> TIA
>
> Phil

0
sconkey (3059)
6/16/2006 2:24:32 PM

In news:yx6cnUJVErObIA_ZSa8jmw@karoo.co.uk,
TheScullster <phil@dropthespam.com> typed:
> Hi all
>
> Users are circumventing our documentation control by attaching
> drawing image files to emails.
> These files are in a folder to which they have only read-only access.

If people can read, they can copy....pretty much no way 'round that.  You
might look into DRM, mebbe.

> Is it possible to stop users attaching the contents of certain
> folders or certain file types to emails?

You can strip out certain attachment types using your Exchange-aware
antivirus software, most likely - nothing native will do it. You should also
make sure the software scans for the contents of xip files, and discards
password-protected zip files.

> TIA
>
> Phil

0
lanwench (7567)
6/16/2006 2:33:28 PM
Take a look at this page.  It shows how to unblock exe as a dangerous file
types so you might be able to use things from here to add a .dwg file type
as a dangerous extension and prevent users from being able to attach it.

> Sorry, forgot the important stuff in my frustration:
>
> Win2003 Server
> Exchange 2003
> Outlook 2003 clients
> Standard MS client server active directory controlled network
>
> Phil

0
none9726 (23)

How can I have this IIF query running?
This is my query : strQuery = "SELECT DISTINCT ID_emp,name,adres,city, " _ & " sports = IIF(EXISTS(SELECT ID_sport FROM tblSports WHERE ID_pers= tblArbCtr.persID), 1, 0)" _ & " FROM tblArbCtr,tblEmployee WHERE Contract = 0 AND tblArbCtr.persID=tblEmployee.ID_emp" I want to find out the employees who don't have a contract (contract=0) first, and after that I want to verify whether they have a sport with the derived 'sports' column. The compiler fires the following error : '3061 : Too few parameters. ...

How to stop "Help" accessing Office Online
Excel 2003. I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For example, with a stupidly simple example: =vlookup Press F1 Assistance appears, then if you hit the green arrow it goes to the online mode and searches the web.... really a pain. Esp. since my firewall blocked the search and thereafter Excel simply crashed. Try: Help|Microsoft Help|Online Content Settings|Online Content Category Turn off what you don't want. Steve wrote: > > Excel 2003. > > I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For > exampl...

Linking files 2 ways

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Attaching Contacts to new email

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

owa cant open ppt attachments

Maximum file sizes

Blue screen crash Stop: 0x0000008E
Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the blue screen with that error code on it. it tells me to restart if this is the first time or contact an administer. I've gone to microsoft updates and fully updated everything i could, what else could possibly be causing this? CodyE wrote: > Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in > awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the > blue screen with that error code on it. it ...

File size #11

find action on log file

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Users ability to Manage Groups

Load image in a unbound control from a attachment field in recor
I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from the same recordset. No problem loading the this data from recordset in VBA. PROBLEM I need to know how to load the unbound controls with Image's from an attachment field in another recordset The normal method of control = Rs!field does not work Please advise -- Thanks Tom dans l'article 78DC5502-3A76-4562-AA20-736446AB1448@microsoft.com, Tom � Tom@discussions.microsoft.com a �crit le 21/01/08 20:28�: > I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from > the same record...

Access to User Calendar