Can I personalise the sender name

Hello,

Can I personalise the sender name by users in Exchange 2003 ?
It's a Active Directory parameters ?

Regards.

0
parabizar (4)

In news:452e39a7$0$25919$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr,
Parabizar <parabizar@nodomain.disable> typed:
> Hello,
>
> Can I personalise the sender name by users in Exchange 2003 ?
> It's a Active Directory parameters ?
>
> Regards.

You can change the display name in ADUC for *your* users, but if you mean
the sender of an inbound message to you from another server you don't
manage, then no.

0
lanwench (7567)
10/12/2006 12:52:11 PM
DisplayName

"Parabizar" <parabizar@nodomain.disable> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Can I personalise the sender name by users in Exchange 2003 ?
> It's a Active Directory parameters ?
>
> Regards.

0
hemp1 (5)
10/12/2006 12:55:57 PM
"hempguy" <hemp@guy.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
uIAwD3f7GHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> DisplayName
>

> "Parabizar" <parabizar@nodomain.disable> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can I personalise the sender name by users in Exchange 2003 ?
>> It's a Active Directory parameters ?
>>
>> Regards.

In that case, all references in the domain display this information, non ?

0
parabizar (4)
10/12/2006 1:03:21 PM
In news:452e3d16$0$27405$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr,
Parabizar <parabizar@nodomain.disable> typed:
> "hempguy" <hemp@guy.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
> uIAwD3f7GHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> DisplayName
>>

>> "Parabizar" <parabizar@nodomain.disable> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Can I personalise the sender name by users in Exchange 2003 ?
>>> It's a Active Directory parameters ?
>>>
>>> Regards.
>
> In that case, all references in the domain display this information,
> non ?

You may need to reset your Outlook profiles (change the properties in
control panel | mail to let it redetect the mailbox) or the old display name
will be cached. Beyond that, tho, the display name in ADUC is the only thing
you need to change. Note that this will also show up in your GAL - as in, it
will sort by whatever the display name is. If you change Joe Smith to Smith,
Joe then he'll show up that way in the GAL - under the S'es.

0
lanwench (7567)
10/12/2006 2:48:46 PM
No. Only those that specifically support it. How about you try?

--

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
Free graphic image manipulation program - www.gimp.org
0
kpalagin (1838)

Sender listed as <>
When sending emails to distribution lists, in Exchange que, sender is displayed as <>. Why does it show this instead of the person sending the email? I think this is causing some of my emails to not get through to certain domains. Any suggestions? In news:CC65CEBA-759C-4FF4-9348-384942529DAF@microsoft.com, Leni1 <Leni1@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > When sending emails to distribution lists, in Exchange que, sender is > displayed as <>. Why does it show this instead of the person sending > the email? > > I think this is causing some of my emails to no...

Can't install windows updates on SBS 2003
I have a SBS 2003 server that has not been updated in a couple years. It has SP2 installed but when I run Microsoft Update it needs to download and install 96 updates. When I try to get them installed it comes back with an error saying not enough disk space. I have tried to just install 1 update at a time and get the same error. The C:\ drive has over 14GB of free space and the other drives have plenty of space as well. I restarted the server and also ran Disk Cleanup, as the error message reccomends, but am still having the same problem. Anyone run across this problem befo...

Can't open Money 2002
Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. When I tried to open it, a window popped up (maybe showing a registry or something) for about 1 second, then... nothing. I even did a reinstall and at the end of the installation when Money is supposed to open, the same weird window popped up and then again... nothing. I have Norton antivirus with automatic updates. All other programs seem to be working fine. Any suggestions from all you experts out there? Thanks. Byron In microsoft.public.money, Byron wrote: >Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. >When ...

Can't send from OWA
Hello all, I have an 03 Exchange environment and am using the forms based authentication through an ISA 04 server for my OWA. I have a number of employees that work around the world and use OWA in order to access their e-mail. I have received reports of problems from a few of these individuals when trying to send an e-mail. They are able to successfully login to OWA but when they generate a new mail message, they receive the following error. 'Check Names.. Web Page Dialog Microsoft Outlook Web Access does not recognize "user@domain.com" Do you want to Delete this recipi...

Visio 2003--Can't drag objects from templates into flow charts.
Utilizing Visio 2003 in an Microsoft XP environment, I have not been able to drag objects from templates onto flow charts. I do not understand why. ...

Can Outlook 2003 use MSN Messenger INSTEAD of Windows Messenger?
I didn't get an answer to this question last week so I'm re-posting... I recently purchased a new computer (Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2) and loaded up all of the available updates to the OS, Internet Explorer, etc. Next, I installed Office 2003 Professional. I disabled Messenger integration with Outlook 2003 as discussed in other posts here. Next I installed MSN Messenger 6.2 and it seemed to run properly as a stand-alone application. So I re-enabled Messenger integration on Outlook 2003. The next time I booted up and ran Outlook, the Messenger icon appeared in the taskbar...

Relaying denied / Can't send to aol.com & cisco.com domains
We have 1 internal Exchange 2000 server for our only domain, dortfcu.org. When we try to send an email to anyone at the aol.com or cisco.com domain, their email server says 550 5.7.1 <email address>... Relaying denied. I think the issue is a dns issue and is due to the fact that I upgraded one of our 2 dns servers from windows 2000 server to windows 2003 server last weekend. NSLOOKUP of dortfcu.org with type=mx says that mail exchanger = smtp.dortfcu.org. The servers real name is dort2.dortfcu.org. So I guess this means my mx record is wrong? I don't have access to my ...

Suggest Names While Completing .....
Is there anyway to remove a "suggested name" short of actually turning this feature off? Our CEO's PA has returned from leave but her home email address keeps popping up as an option. Ta Ian When Outlook suggests the name, highlight it with the arrow keys and then press the delete key. "Ian Kynaston" <IKynaston@nospam.propertyoz.com.au> wrote in message news:554f01c4743a$a34b6910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to remove a "suggested name" short of > actually turning this feature off? > > Our CEO's PA has returned from leave b...

Routing inbound domain names
Hi, im switching from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 . I have 15 inbound domain names (net.com, canoe.com, etc ) that are configure in the routing tab from Internet mail services (Exchnage administrator 5.5). My question is : Where do i configure my inbound domain names in exchange 2003 ?? . I cannot find out where to configure this so that email can get in ,,,, please help !! many thanks -- Rick recipient policy is where you specify that you are responsible for all mail bound for an email domain... "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Preventing a user name in comments
Excel Comments always include an author name, in bold. Is there any way to prevent this happening so as to avoid the necessity of manually removing the author name / bold formatting every time a comment is added? Hi Gabriel, See Debra Dalglesh's suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Name --- Regards, Norman "Gabriel" <Gabriel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:987CE301-1072-45D6-BD56-64F27858ED75@microsoft.com... > Excel Comments always include an author name, in bold. Is there any way to > prevent this happening so a...

Excel ask duplicate NAMES when duplicate a worksheets
I have added a NAME called "Above" where point to the cell just above the current cell. The formula is "=INDIRECT("R[-1]C",)" In some workbook, when I duplicate a worksheets, this name will remain silent and work ok. But in some workbooks, when I first duplicate a worksheets, the same name ABOVE will be duplicate and a new local name (belongs to that new worksheet) will be created. If I further duplicate that new worksheets in to a new worksheets, the third worksheets will be warned that a dupicate NAME is existed and ask whether refer to another name or use a ne...

Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2003
I just upgraded my desktop to Office 2007 - Removing the older Office2000. Our Network is all 2003 Servers & Exchange. My Destop is XP SP3 In OL2007 I cannot see/find any of the exisitng public shared calendars that I could see/access in OL2000. I can see them when I'm in Webmail and desktops still running Office 2000 can see the public calendars. Any help is appreciated. Thanks John Which navigation pane are you in? Press Ctrl+6 to see the folder list. BTW, Did you keep the old Outlook 2000 profile? We recommend new profiles when upgrading from older versions. ...

new isp & new domain name procedure
The company recently re-located to another state and got a new ISP. The old network guy left the company and disappeared and the domain name was registered under his name so we couldn't switch the DNS numbers. Anyways, we got a new domain name, pointed it to our exchange/web server and all that works fine and dandy. from home I'm able to login to webmail, see old mail. What I can't do is send/receive new mail from outside the network. When I send to the new domain address it bounces back with a SMTP communication problem. When I send mail from new domain's webmail, it s...

how can I add a signature to my calendar appt requests?
See subject question Insert-> Signature -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "tnowak" <tnowak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51100433-5C23-435B-9C1B-5F8B8D9056B2@microsoft.com... > See subject question ...

Can I set SQL mirroring across WAN?
We have a 100 Mb dedicated DR link to another data center. Want to set up a SQL 2008 database to use mirroring from primary to a standby server at the remote data center. I did a ping test and here is the result. ping -n 100 -l 5120 <target IP> Ping statistics for <target IP> Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 99, Lost = 1 (1% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 11ms is the network latency good enough for database mirroring? Does anyone know the min. requirement? Field experience will be fine too....

Can I show server name instead of drive letter?
When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on where the server is mapped and not all users have the same mapping. Is this possible? Try using: \\ServerName\drive\... where ServerName is the name of the server and drive is the appropriate drive, and then find the file on the drive from that point. "bfant" wrote: > When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual > server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on...

protect a document so it cannot be amended by others but it can b.
Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only I can make changes but others can read it and filter it when they require information. I have tried to put a password on but it wont let anyone else use the filters in the spreadsheet. Please help! Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S_H" <S_H@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6BBCEC50-43CA-4652-B62F-79F1BDD8DDF9@microsoft.com... > Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only ...

Can I have spell check ignore errors and alert me to real words?
Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSXO" but show me "SPELL". No, there is no way of doing that regards, Peo Sjoblom "JenLynFish" wrote: > Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way > to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? > Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSX...

Can you link 2 worksheets together?
Say i have one worksheet and on my second one I want to reference cells from the first one? is there a formula for that>? To create a simple link: Select a cell in the second worksheet Type an equal sign Select the first sheet Click on the cell that you want to link Press the Enter key. Alesha wrote: > Say i have one worksheet and on my second one I want to reference cells from > the first one? is there a formula for that>? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...