Can I disable Intelligent Message Filter from applying on internal emails

I only have one Exchange server, which has one SMTP virtual server. It seems
emails sent internally between users are also getting filtered by the IMF.
Is there a way to not filter internal emails? Thanks.

0
poppy (4)

Internal emails should not be filtered.

From the IMF FAQ:

7) Why do some messages get a SCL rating of -1?

Messages submitted to Exchange using authenticated credentials get a SCL
value of
-1. All users that submit messages from authenticated clients such as
Outlook or
OWA will have an SCL stamped of -1. This ensures that authenticated
messages will
not be moved to the junk folder.

If your users are still seeing email being moved to the Junk E-mail folder
when being sent internally, it would have to be Outook's filter catching it
and not the IMF. Have you double-checked to make sure these messages are
getting something other than a SCL of -1?

Use the following information to expose the SCL in Outlook:
http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/05/26/142607.aspx

If the SCL on the messages isn't -1, then they aren't seen as "internal"
messages. How are the users sending/receiving email? An Outlook profile
with Exchange Server? POP3/SMTP?

If the SCL is -1, then Outlook is doing something funny.

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "Poppy" <poppy@poppy.com>
>Subject: Can I disable Intelligent Message Filter from applying on
internal emails
>Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:27:06 +1000
>
>I only have one Exchange server, which has one SMTP virtual server. It
seems
>emails sent internally between users are also getting filtered by the IMF.
>Is there a way to not filter internal emails? Thanks.

0
rroddy (682)
6/28/2004 5:13:12 PM
Hi, I just checked the messages and yes the SCL is -1 and they are not
getting filtered.

Not sure why we got one message that was filtered, but it was already
deleted so I couldn't check the SCL for that. Anyway, it seems to be ok now.

Thanks.

"Richard Roddy [MSFT]" <rroddy@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Internal emails should not be filtered.
>
> From the IMF FAQ:
>
> 7) Why do some messages get a SCL rating of -1?
>
> Messages submitted to Exchange using authenticated credentials get a SCL
> value of
> -1. All users that submit messages from authenticated clients such as
> Outlook or
> OWA will have an SCL stamped of -1. This ensures that authenticated
> messages will
> not be moved to the junk folder.
>

> If your users are still seeing email being moved to the Junk E-mail folder
> when being sent internally, it would have to be Outook's filter catching
> it
> and not the IMF. Have you double-checked to make sure these messages are
> getting something other than a SCL of -1?
>
> Use the following information to expose the SCL in Outlook:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/05/26/142607.aspx
>

> If the SCL on the messages isn't -1, then they aren't seen as "internal"
> messages. How are the users sending/receiving email? An Outlook profile
> with Exchange Server? POP3/SMTP?
>
> If the SCL is -1, then Outlook is doing something funny.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard Roddy
> Microsoft Exchange Support

> rights.
>
> --------------------
>>From: "Poppy" <poppy@poppy.com>
>>Subject: Can I disable Intelligent Message Filter from applying on
> internal emails
>>Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:27:06 +1000
>>
>>I only have one Exchange server, which has one SMTP virtual server. It
> seems
>>emails sent internally between users are also getting filtered by the IMF.
>>Is there a way to not filter internal emails? Thanks.

0
poppy (4)

How do I create a rule for blank messages?
I have started getting SPAM messages that have no subject and no "from" so I can't seem to create a rule to delete them. header as seen by outlook 2007--- Return-Path: <SRS0=ovPEsT=PD=staciachambers.com=sales@yourhostingaccount.com> Delivered-To: sissonfa-bob@sissonfamily.com Received: (qmail 70749 invoked from network); 9 Oct 2007 17:35:17 -0000 Received: from unknown (HELO mailout08.yourhostingaccount.com) (65.254.253.233) by st136.startlogic.com with SMTP; 9 Oct 2007 17:35:17 -0000 Received: from mailscan16.yourhostingaccount.com ([10.1.15.16] helo=mailscan16.you...

Print Screen Key disabled

invalid email address

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

message delivery problems

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Emails #3

outlook 97 and express email problems

Having problem with spoofing email

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

How to get to email from Word

errror message
error message: the selected assistant character is not available. microsoft outlook cannot install the neccessary files due to windows installer error 1605. this action is only valid for products that are currently installed. anyone please advise? ...