Can folders in the Address Book be hidden/restricted to users in 5

Hi,

Can folders in the Address Book be hidden or restricted to users in Exchange
5.5?

Thanks,
TNA
0
TNa (6)

TNA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can folders in the Address Book be hidden or restricted to users in
> Exchange
> 5.5?
>
> Thanks,
> TNA

Hi - I don't know what you mean by 'folders' in the address book. Can you
explain what you mean & are trying to do?

0
lanwench (7567)
11/3/2004 1:00:15 PM
Hi Lanwench,

We have some client containers in our Global Address List.
Some of these containers are for V.P.s and senior staff only so we would
like to restrict or hide them.
Is that possible?
Right now, everyone can see them if they navigate through the GAL..

Thanks,
TNA

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> TNA wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can folders in the Address Book be hidden or restricted to users in
> > Exchange
> > 5.5?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > TNA
>
> Hi - I don't know what you mean by 'folders' in the address book. Can you
> explain what you mean & are trying to do?

0
TNa (6)

in CRM Mobile, Can we assign / apply rules ?
Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign / apply rules / convert ... These functions are not available out of box. You can however, create workflow rules that "watches" for some changes to field records so it can be triggered wheneven those fields are updated by CRM Mobile or Mobile Express. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Goldensun" wrote: > Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign > / apply rules / convert ... ...

can't access public folders with OWA
Hi, I have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 Installed everything works fine, except when trying to access Public folders via Outlook Web Access, after going to the location its asks for username and password - this works ok and the folder is displayed, but when trying to add a folder or post a note or do anything I get: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I have tested on client machines, remote machine and the exchange server as administrator with no luck. does anyone have any...

Can Excel generate a 3-D scatter plot?
I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? Hi Andy Pope has 'tricked' one: http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm But you probably go for MathCad :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "zzzfizz" <zzzfizz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BA2BEAB6-63E1-46E7-816F-B282C590C3D9@microsoft.com... > I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go > buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? ...

Latest Exchange Administrator Needed admin.exe = 5.5.2655.33
If any body knows were to download the Exchange Admin (admin.exe Version 5.5.2655.33). I am having a problem with mailbox sizes being incorrectly diplayed in Exchange admin. I have dozens of Executives that have mailboxes over 4 or 5 GB and I have no way of correctly reporting there sizes other than using ExMerge. Please help..... Hi Ed, You will need to call into our Tech Support and refer to the following Knowledge Base article and tell them that you need the hotfix. 305829 XADM: Incorrect Mailbox Size Is Displayed in Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305829 -- Thanks,...

how do you hide a name from the globel address book?
in exchange 2K. Thanks ADUC Properties of the user Exch Advanced Check the Hide from Address Lists box On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 20:34:05 -0400, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >in exchange 2K. > >Thanks > Thanks. Sorry I missed it. "Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message news:aii4k014g54q5v7dic5a7r568lq31moanr@4ax.com... > ADUC > Properties of the user > Exch Advanced > Check the Hide from Address Lists box > > > On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 20:34:05 -0400, "Dooma" &...

Outlook 2003
More than 50% of my contacts do not have email addresses, so it therefore clutters the Address book unnecessarily. Is there anyway to allow the address book (the popup which appears when clicking on "To:") to only show contacts that have email addresses? I can use categories to assign contacts as ValidEmailUser, but I can't seem to find a way to force the address book popup form, to show based on a category. Thanks. That's odd. I have never seen the Outlook Address Book display Contacts without electronic addresses. It simply won't do that. Do these Contacts ...

How can I default a lookup field to a particular value.
How can I default a lookup field to a certain value, but still allow the user to modify the field if necessary? Thanks, Bob Johnson you mean a drop down or picklist? "Bob" <rjohnson@reveregroup.com> wrote in message news:1130947400.655495.115390@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > How can I default a lookup field to a certain value, but still allow > the user to modify the field if necessary? > > Thanks, > > Bob Johnson > i have the same question in crm 3.0. i want a default value in a lookup filed. i also want to create a lookup field by my self....

Outlook 2007 Folder Status Notification
I am having issues w/the Folder Status message. It used to tell me "All folders are up to date.", now it is just saying "This folder is up to date." Anyway to make it go back? I am using a corporate version of XP as the OS if you need that. Thanks, Sophie ...

Exchange Server 2007 Public Folders Permission issue
We have a consultants folder with over a hundred sub folders. Is there any way to propagate the permissions down to all the sub folders? Get-PublicFolder \<Parent_Folder_Tree>\Consultants -Recurse | Add-PublicFolderClientPermission -AccessRights <see_help_for_optoins> -User <Domain\User> -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Stuart Reicher" <StuartReicher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF14A00D-D9E6-486D-9237-C7ED652524F5@microsoft.com... > We have a cons...

Can't Send/Recieve
For some odd reason thins morning when I start Windows Mail it claims there are 'No new Messages.WM is set to 'Send and Recieve at Startup.' Also the Send/Recieve button is disabled. When I go online and access my email account with my it shows several emails sated today. I was using Windows Live Mail and had problems uninstalling it and reluctantly went and deleted the folder for Windows Live 'casue I don't use any of the other products. Any ideas, Thanks, James Somehow the account got removed. I recreated it and it's ok now. Thanks, Jame...

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

Help! Unable to mount public folder store event 9519
Hi, I am getting the following error when tring to mount the public folder store. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9519 Date: 11/01/2006 Time: 00:10:26 User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: Error 0x8004010f starting database "First Storage Group\f7967383-856a-4b7f-9023-37c269a0e908" on the Microsoft Exchange Information Store. Look up of DB Info failed. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. I have tried numerous ms kb articles to no avail. I did find this on a news group :- -------------...

Avoid creation of new folders in my document when I open outlook?
Hi, each times I open Outlook, new folders are cretaed in my documents and each times I attach files to an email, Outlook creats new folders in the file where the attach file was. How can I avoid this? is this a dell laptop with media direct? if so, uninstall the outlook setup add-in. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outl...

How to print a multiple page two sided small booklet, 4.5x5.5"
Publisher 03 has a folded card that uses standard 8.5x11" paper and after printing folds to a card size 4.5 x 5.5" What I need is to create a non folded "booklet" version which can have multiple pages (more than 8), printed on front and back. Essentially the same as the 8.5x5" program booklets (found in File/Page Setup/publication type:booklet) which print multiple pages now, but smaller and capable of printing front to back pages to either be folded into a booklet (one fold on center pages) or cut and bound into a booklet. I'm trying to build a small boo...

How to organize access to PWA for external user?
I have Project Server installed in "standalone" configuration. Is that possible to organize access to PWA for CUSTOMER (person who play role of Project manager in customer organization) with observance of conditions: 1.CUSTOMER should have ability to have access only to those files, that regards HIS organisation. 2.CUSTOMER should'not have rights to change any data in those files. Thanks! from your question I understand that you want to provide access to external users may be they are customers , partners and remote users. First tell your Network Administrator...

How to send Outlook rule reply to reply-to address (not from address)?
By default Outlook 2002 sends rule-based replies to the From: address of the incoming email message. Is there a way to set-up the reply rule to send to the Reply-to: address instead? Thanks, -Keith ...

An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar
I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in their inbox that contains emails. Last week he received an email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there. I've never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually change it. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it originally contained? Cheers, Gavan Blunt. What happens if you use Advanced Find? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Outlook
We are on Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. A users sends a specific spreadsheet to multiple users 2-3 times a week. About once a week, one of the users tries to open the file and it is corrupted. The original file is 18K but after he attempts to open it, it reduces to 4K. If he tries to forward the message, it goes out corrupted. If he saves the file first, it is fine. But it still becomes corrupted if he tries to open from the attachment. We all use the same anti-virus and this is the only Excel document he has the problem with. He receives many from various source...

address book not finding contact when putting in letters
I guess I have general questions about the find function on the top of the toolbar, I have a contact in the company field called netflix, when I type net in the find box, it does not show up, but if I type netflix, it does show up??? why is that , I have noticed this on several contacts Same thing with me I have a name and email address in the Outlook Contacts When sending an email, sometimes as I type the name the email appears, sometimes it does not "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:epF4Pp1rEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I guess I have general questions...

Cannot add customer statement email address in Smartlist
On the Debtor Maintenance Options screen you can chose the checkbox to Send Email Statements to a customer and then enter the To, CC or BCC email addresses. In Smartlist under the Customer folder, while you can choose to add the Send Email Statements column you cannot select to add the To, CC or BCC email address fields. You should be able to do this so you can easily view the information. These columns should be standard columns that you can select for Customers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

OWA reply shows broken link in the form area
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5AE18.43CE9F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, When I reply to a message from within OWA, I get a broken link in the = areas where I would type. It's as if it can't find the form or = something. It's not a signature file problem from what I can tell. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5AE18.43CE9F70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &q...

rounding in multiples of 5
Hi, How do I ensure the cell content is always a multiple of 5 without running a macro? I currently have the following formula in the cell, which only works to modify if the contents are below 5: =IF(C6>0,IF(C16+C17<5,5,MROUND(C16+C17,5)),0) Can someone help? Thanks! USe data validation on cells where you want the user to enter the values that are multioples of 5 by selecting Custom and entering the following: - =MOD(A1,5)=0 If the result is not zero it will give an error message "Jason" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ORhv%23lSiEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx...

where can i find the meaning of all icons next to a received mail
"Rolls" <Rolls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9729F859-6E44-46D8-A571-78E9A5977144@microsoft.com... > Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. Have a look here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) ...

CAN'T E-MAIL BIZ CARD ATTCHMT
HI AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO E- MAIL AN ATTCHMT TO MY EDITOR, AND GOING NUTS...I WORK FOR A SANTA MONICA PAPER, IT'S A BUSINESS CARD W/GRAPHICS ON IT AND THE DARN M.PUBLISHER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ALSO MY BOSS WANTS IT IN JPEG OR EPS(I DON'T HAVE EPS) AND THESE OPTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED FROM PUBLISHER TO 'SAVE AS'. IT WOULD BE A BIG PROBLEM IF IT WAS A NEW CUSTOMER WHO ASKS ME TO DEVELOP SENT ART INTO A DISPLAY AD W/GRAPHICS & TEXT, BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S MY BOYFRIENDS' CO. BIZ CARD HE MADE IN M.PUB. ON MY COMPUTER FOR ME TO PUT IN MY...

How can I retrieve rows from 11 to 20 ( Selete TOP 10 gives first 10)
Using 'Select Top 10' gives me first 10 rows of my table. I need to retrieve the next 10 records. I am writing to an excel spreadsheet where I need to write top 10 rows starting from B2 and next 10 records starting from I2. So how can I split them? Every time I have to split into 10rows each. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201004/1 Something like this will get the job done. I don't know your table/ field names... SELECT TOP 10 primaryKey FROM myTable WHERE primaryKey NOT IN (SELECT TOP...